Not getting weekly rewards for Season 1

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I saw in the Midseason Report that we should be getting up to 3 chests each week depending on how our server performs. I have participated in WvW every day since the Season started and have yet to recieve one of these reward chests.

Also, my Dawn of the Seasons achievement has not triggered although I have completed 10 of the other achievements. Maybe related?

Posted by: nachtritter.8961

nachtritter.8961

Same here. I didn’t get those weekly chests either. I’ve been doing daily WvW since before the season started. I have my Season 1 chest key too.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Didn’t even know those chests exist until the blog post.
I am in the same situation with the “Dawn of the Season” achievement being broken still

Still not clear what needs to be done for them. Do you need to do all the WvW tasks in the daily category?

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You have to rank up in wxp levels to get an extra chest. You’ll get one extra chest per rank level, depending on your servers place at end of week.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

Yeah, apparently the “bonus chests” they mean are just extra rank-up chests, as others have concluded – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Weekly-rewards/first#post3187863

I had wondered why I seemed to “randomly” get an extra rank-up chests sometimes. This explains it.

I suspect a good many people haven’t understood how this was working since it’s a poorly visible mechanism. It would help if they at least sent players an in-game mail at the end of each match telling them how many chests they had earned.

Posted by: AtriustheGod.6785

AtriustheGod.6785

Under the “Rank and Abilities” tab of your WvW window, you can see how many bonus chests you have remaining. Under the World Experience bar it says “Next title at Rank #”, right below it, if you have any bonus chests, it will say “# Bonus World Chests Remaining”

I remember reading somewhere that the bonus chests would be obtained one at a time with world rank level-ups because it did not come as a surprise to me when this happened. But I looked through a bunch of the old release articles just now and I can’t find mention of it.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You have to rank up in wxp levels to get an extra chest. You’ll get one extra chest per rank level, depending on your servers place at end of week.

Ugh … so that means I have to clear off my previous backlog of chests first.

Edit: I just noticed my rank 1 warrior has 3 bonus chests in the backlog. Is that related to this?

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I think lower level toons got some bonus chests (linked with getting new Wxp levels), to help with people who liked to play alts. However, I believe the chests are account based, and not toon based (for the bonus ones anyhow). So when you get two on your lower level toon, you won’t get those extras on your main (I think, sorry, I"m not fully awake )

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

Ugh … so that means I have to clear off my previous backlog of chests first.

Edit: I just noticed my rank 1 warrior has 3 bonus chests in the backlog. Is that related to this?

You are better off opening the bonus chests on a higher ranked character, since the low ranks (1-5) in WxP get less loot – I’ve gotten just 15 minute WxP boosters when opening the bonus chests on low ranked toons.

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion