Not receiving Guild /Party /Whisper messages

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Yea someone got that same message like 2 weeks ago…. did that person ever get a follow up? This really sucks. I still haven’t had any acknowledgment of my ticket.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I’m not receiving any guild or party chat at the moment. I’ve rebooted the PC. I’ve tried turning my chat settings on and off.

Posted by: Leighwyn McClendon.9346

Leighwyn McClendon.9346

Yea someone got that same message like 2 weeks ago…. did that person ever get a follow up? This really sucks. I still haven’t had any acknowledgment of my ticket.

No, I haven’t received a follow-up yet. But it was only 5 days ago. My recommendation would be patience, since we have no real control over the matter at this point. They’ve acknowledged that they know about and it and are working on a solution, so that’s the best situation we can be in.

(edited by Leighwyn McClendon.9346)

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

Any updates?

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

The bug was around Aug and Anet just acknowledged several days ago. Sit tight & welcome to the club. In the mean time, find another game to play. Or Solo.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Betonboor.7154

Betonboor.7154

Received a new update just now:

“Thank you for your patience as we investigated the issues you have been experiencing with chat. The developers will be making a change which we believe should clear up these problems.

If you are still unable to see party, guild, and whispered chat 24 hours from now, please contact us and let us know so that we can continue to investigate your account.

We apologize for the length of time it has taken us to come to a resolution as this was a particularly difficult issue to track down. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know!"

Leighwyn McClendon.9346

Additionally, it appears that they will be performing a 2hr server maintenance in 5 hours. Perhaps related?

For those who have been active recently in the thread, I can sympathize with how annoying the issue is at first, and so I also understand why there is a general lack of patience when it comes to the resolution.

With that said, if by some misfortune the fix doesn’t end up working for us, please try to adhere to their request for a 24hr reprieve before we all tell them so. This is the home stretch, most likely, and in the realm of giant dataservers things can take time to propagate through. If you don’t have chat fixed 3 hrs after the maintenance is through [approx 10 hrs from now, not 24], don’t necessarily assume it’s the end. Just be patient and wait the full 24 hr, and then take action.

Thanks!

(edited by Leighwyn McClendon.9346)

SonofNoob.3102

Additionally, it appears that they will be performing a 2hr server maintenance in 5 hours. Perhaps related?

For those who have been active recently in the thread, I can sympathize with how annoying the issue is at first, and so I also understand why there is a general lack of patience when it comes to the resolution.

With that said, if by some misfortune the fix doesn’t end up working for us, please try to adhere to their request for a 24hr reprieve before we all tell them so. This is the home stretch, most likely, and in the realm of giant dataservers things can take time to propagate through. If you don’t have chat fixed 3 hrs after the maintenance is through [approx 10 hrs from now, not 24], don’t necessarily assume it’s the end. Just be patient and wait the full 24 hr, and then take action.

Thanks!

Good point. And yes I also received the same message.

Leighwyn McClendon.9346

it happened to me too, i am so buggy that i can not send whisper a lot of time and not sure if my whisper is sent out and people telling me that they are seeing me offline but i am infact online or when i am offline they said i am online but not responding to whispers.

also anyone having problem with party invite? a lot of time i can not invite people into party.. had to restart client a few times for it to work. also can not whisper people (alies) in wvwvw directly. also used to be able to invite invaders into party but no longer works for me.

hope this patch fixes the issue

Honestly, your issues sound so different than mine and the others here that it is likely not the exact same issue. Hopefully, though, whatever fix they have up their sleeve helps you out equally

SonofNoob.3102

Fixed, thank you!

Posted by: Betonboor.7154

Betonboor.7154

I just logged in and checked, the issue is indeed resolved for me. I’m very happy to be able to chat normally again!

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Fixed for me too.

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

YAY! Fixed for me too!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

SkyChef.5432

Fixed for me too.

Leighwyn McClendon.9346

Yep, fixed here also. Hooray, can’t wait for this thread to CLOSE AND DIE!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I am so happy to finally see your issue get resolved, Leighwyn. I did a little dance for you when I saw this.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Haha I’ll echo Stin … I’m very glad you got it fixed Lei

Have yet to log in and see, but I’m hopeful now. Wahoo! Thank you on the Anet end for fixing this. As you saw it, um, was driving a few of us batty.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

We lot a longtime Guildie and GW1 friend due to this bug. Its been going on FAR too long.

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

It was fixed for me when I logged in yesterday. Should be fixed for everyone as of Nov. 5!

Yahoo!

Thank you SO much!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

SkyChef.5432

We lot a longtime Guildie and GW1 friend due to this bug. Its been going on FAR too long.

Agree. If the bug didn’t affect a lot of people lately, it would still be there. FAR too long to fix a bug that when they acknowledged, they fixed it fast. And it’s the server’s issue.

Leighwyn McClendon.9346

Agree. If the bug didn’t affect a lot of people lately, it would still be there. FAR too long to fix a bug that when they acknowledged, they fixed it fast. And it’s the server’s issue.

I’d say that’s probably half true. Things definitely seemed to proceed more quickly as others joined in with filing tickets, but the first time I got a clear indication that developers were on the scene and trying things to remedy it was in September.