Opening gem store causes black screen

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ignis.6195

Ignis.6195

There are a few other TP bugs that came with this patch and already have threads but none of them are like this (“gem store not loading” thread is quite similar but not the same), so here’s a new thread to see if anyone’s been experiencing the same issue.

When I open the Gem store tab on the tp (other tabs work fine), it first shows a blank tab and that yellow loading circle. After a few seconds the gem store’s tabs (home/promotions/style etc) appear for a small moment, not even a second, and then the whole screen goes black. I can still move around and use my skills, even open other tabs (other than tp), but I cannot see anything I do. I can even tab out. After tabbing out and opening gw2 tab again, I can see everything again, even the gem store. Thing is that after this point, if I click on anything at all the screen goes black again. Tabbing out of the game and back in multiple times didn’t solve this issue either. So simply said, I cannot use gem store at all.

This problem appeared on the patch day but about 10 hours before the actual patch came and it’s still there. Please fix this if possible.

(edited by Ignis.6195)

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

There are a few other TP bugs that came with this patch and already have threads but none of them are like this (“gem store not loading” thread is quite similar but not the same), so here’s a new thread to see if anyone’s been experiencing the same issue.

When I open the Gem store tab on the tp (other tabs work fine), it first shows a blank tab and that yellow loading circle. After a few seconds the gem store’s tabs (home/promotions/style etc) appear for a small moment, not even a second, and then the whole screen goes black. I can still move around and use my skills, even open other tabs (other than tp), but I cannot see anything I do. I can even tab out. After tabbing out and opening gw2 tab again, I can see everything again, even the gem store. Thing is that after this point, if I click on anything at all the screen goes black again. Tabbing out of the game and back in multiple times didn’t solve this issue either. So simply said, I cannot use gem store at all.

This problem appeared on the patch day but about 10 hours before the actual patch came and it’s still there. Please fix this if possible.

I am having this same issue but it is only on 1 of my computers. And it has been happening for a few weeks to me. I thought it might be my browser cache but I cleared it and it still does this.

The worse thing is that I gotta log out of the game and back in again. This drove me nuts last night during reset when things are intense and I kept having to mess with this issue. I finally gave up and logged it drove me so nuts.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

Ignis.6195

I only have gw2 installed on one computer so I can’t be sure if it would work on other computers. If this problem continues I might try to reinstall the game. And yes, it’s very annoying when I open tp in wvw for example. Gem store is the default tab and if I accidentally let it load (or if it simply loads too fast), the only way to get out of the black screen is alt + f4. I’ve not installed/updated anything at all on my computer for a few weeks so I doubt that’s the reason.

Posted by: Tobee.3564

Tobee.3564

Bump because i’m having this issue as well. I’ve tried repairing the game, updating graphics drivers and windows and running on administrator, but no avail. I haven’t played in a few months and downloaded all the updates to the game yesterday. Didn’t have this issue before Any help would be awesome, and fingers crossed you guys find a solution as well

Ignis.6195

Try the method in this thread, solved the issue for me: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Trading-post-broken-5. I got a black screen for a few seconds, but it disappeared and I was able to use gem store again.

Posted by: KDC.2498

KDC.2498

Im having the exact same problem as Ignis. Except the method he posted in the link didnt work for me.

Posted by: AprilRain.7649

AprilRain.7649

A friend of mine has been experiencing this issue for 4 months now and still no one from support has been able to help him. He’s tried a clean install, tried cleaning the cache thing, etc. but to no avail.

Are there any other (possible) fixes that people have discovered over time?

Posted by: anan seven.5804

anan seven.5804

i have been having this same problem. all other tabs work but when i go to gem store, screen goes black, sound is still there but black. i hit cntrl-alt-del to bring up task manager then in process of it coming up screen comes back, but if i click on anything on screen it goes black and have to repeat the cntrl-alt-del process to bring it back. cant be graphics driver because i just updated it a couple of days ago because of a crashing issue with another game after they did a update. and all other windows updates are current. been having this problem since i can remember starting gw2 2 years ago. also as some other posted. there is no problem with clicking things on screen and blacking out after i restart game. i also did the temp folder cleaning also still a problem.

Posted by: qwerty.1230

qwerty.1230

i have this problem also, but for the TP in general. I can open it just fine if i’m in a city, but if im in wvw or a dungeon (or anywhere else) and i open the TP it goes black. the gem store always turns my screen blank everywhere, however.