Ori nodes not showing up as minable - Friend showed me spawns I see a ruined base like I mined it but I haven't, can mine 2 out of 5

Ori nodes not showing up as minable - Friend showed me spawns I see a ruined base like I mined it but I haven't, can mine 2 out of 5

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

Same here i got 5 nodes in cursed shore after earlier patch and now i can only mine 2 and cant find anymore

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Great, the only decent method to get some money without spending hours is now bugged for me. It is already affecting the economy, ore prices are going up and I can’t even take advantage of it.

Well, atleast we can always grind events for money! Oh wait, DR.

Fix this asap, hotfix it, otherwise non-bugged people get richer while the rest of us suffer.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

Posted by: Smodi.5384

Smodi.5384

If it actually is an intended change it’ll still be a good way to make money once prices stabilize at the new level of ori supply. Just means you’ll only have to go get it once per day instead of multiple times.

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

How could it be an intended change that some players see all nodes and some do not? Unless Arenanet wants to kick only some players where it hurts and favouring others, while messing with the economy at the same time.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

Posted by: Atheas.7580

Atheas.7580

I have the same issue in Frostgorge, since the 2nd build last night. So being a level 400 weaponmaker and armorer this is quite an irritant as right now I’ve missed about 3 resets of the nods.

Posted by: Chesham.6249

Chesham.6249

Also running into this on FA, the nodes have changed spots since I mined them last night (we’re talking 12+ hours, more like 16-20 hours) but they are ruined nodes and not showing up on my map. I only know the location of one of them, but I had mined both nodes in frostgorge.

Posted by: Vall.4381

Vall.4381

Server: Yak’s Bend

Same. Frostgorge. Ruined nodes for over 12 hours. And guilty as charged for mining after first patch. Bah.

Posted by: FeebleFlame.2576

FeebleFlame.2576

Besides orichalcum, has anyone else noticed that mithril nodes are not respawning either?

Posted by: ReDeViLdArK.6572

ReDeViLdArK.6572

This situation is absolutely ridiculous, i hope that this will fix immediatly, specially because i think that a server restart may solve this problem, and not with the next monday patch. At this moment for me only 2 nodes work [Server Desolation], the price on the TP are now high, and the people that don’t have this problem make a lot of money and me and all the other people that have the orichalcum node bugged lost a lot of money.

Posted by: Castiel.2485

Castiel.2485

Sure would like to know whats going on . Since farming mobs and events isn’t worth it mining is the only thing I do to make money. If you nerf this I’m done

Posted by: Joshewwah.2956

Joshewwah.2956

This is absurd, its happening to me as well. Did I perhaps reach some sort of cap they prevent exploiters from mining a certain amount in a day? I only mined every time a new patch came out…

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

I did all 5 Malchor’s Leap Ori Ore’s just now with no problems, but all my Cursed shore one’s are bugged and not minable.

I found the 5th ori node in Malchor’s Leap. There are 2 in orb jumping puzzle not just one. Its on a top level cliff that goes outside near the main chests. Instead of walking to orb chests turn left, jump up the ledges and follow the slope around to the cliff. 5th node is on the edge of cliff.

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Going to throw my name out there as another one that’s bugged. I mined all 12 nodes after the first restart and wasn’t on for the second restart. I log in this morning to find nodes not where they were. I get informed there was some sort of hot-fix (despite my not getting another update). So I get to hunting (yay for updated maps from other guilds /muchlove) and find I can get 5 out of the 12.

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

same thing for me. went and hit them yesterday about this time. then some friends and i spent the rest of the night in WvW. around midnight I went to check on them before heading to bed and they were not up yet. just logged back in (about 23 to 24 hours from last time i hit the nodes) and they are still not there.

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

Posted by: Subhuman.3958

Subhuman.3958

I hate to keep bringing this up, as it has been stated over and over in this thread, but with diminishing returns being so strict this is the main source of income for many people. Not just orichalcum either, this is all kinds of nodes.

You only have to look at the current orichalcum price to realize this is affecting many more people than will post here and it really does deserve some attention. For all we know they are already working on it, but while that is going on we have a lot of upset people at the lack of communication on the subject.

Personally, I count on the reliable nature of harvesting income to offset traveling costs, siege weapon costs, and the like. It was bad enough last night that many of us just finished mapping out all kinds of nodes for what we thought was the week, and then having a second small patch wipe out the progress. I thought, “Annoying, but no big deal since getting to harvest again offsets it a bit”.. Only to find this bug.

Sure, you could make more money doing other things before DR hits you, but I think the reason this irritates people so much is they feel like their reliable daily money isn’t so reliable anymore.

(edited by Subhuman.3958)

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Getting frustrated with this entire situation and no posts in this thread that they are even aware of the issue although they have to be at this point. The few people posting in this thread probably only represent a small amount of players this bug is affecting worldwide.

The problem is twofold. It’s killing peoples abilities to make money. And it’s killing peoples ability to get armor made without paying an arm and a leg for it.

I have a friend who was planning to hit 80 sometime today and now we won’t be able to get armor for her because the ore is all bugged out. Fantastic.

Yes it’s only likely to be a temporary problem but it’s still adding frustration to the game where there shouldn’t be any.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Doofensmirtz.1243

Doofensmirtz.1243

Can we get an official response? Like oh you’ll have to wait till Monday. It’s kind of ridiculous that some of us are “punished” while others are fine. I mean don’t get me started on DR just for following 1 event chain. That’s something else, but this is ridiculous.

Posted by: DigitalFubar.1792

DigitalFubar.1792

It’s been nearly 20 hours since I was able to mine an ori node, and now I’m noticing the mithril nodes are also not respawning. This is extremely frustrating. I guess it’s back to WoW for me…

Subhuman.3958

I have calculated that if this isn’t fixed until monday that it would be approx. a 40 gold loss between 2 characters with the route I had mapped after the first update yesterday including orichalcum, ancient wood, raspberries, omnomberries, and coral.

fellyn.5083

On the bright side this is a temporary solution to the rapidly falling prices of orichalcum over the last few days.

-.-

Doofensmirtz.1243

Yeah it’s great to those that can actually farm the nodes. I’m stuck not being able to farm the nodes. Just in the Ori lost alone is like 20g if not fixed until monday. If not more then 20g with rising prices/more time to make a loop/ancient wood.

Posted by: Errant.4089

Errant.4089

Which means the people unaffected by ANet’s… awesome abilities.. are making a profit, while they continue to not post or acknowledge that this problem exist (aside from deleting my wonderful comments). Roll back to the version pre-new-build, obviously something went wrong with it.

fellyn.5083

I don’t think they would need a roll back. Likely they would simply need to restart the servers similar to “fixing” bugged events and skill points.

Doofensmirtz.1243

You know I got this game like Sept 10, figure I’ll hit 80 and start working on legendary. With new DR system (srsly can’t do 1 event CHAIN without hitting DR) and this bugged ore/wood thing, makes me wonder if I still want to. Just frustrated. Esp with no response about. Yeah we are aware, working on patch, hope to implement by Thursday or something.

Posted by: SAI Peregrinus.8410

SAI Peregrinus.8410

99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code,
take one out, compile again, 100 little bugs in the code…

I’ve got bugged nodes as well, 2 showing up in Cursed Shore on Sanctum of Rall for me.

Errant.4089

99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code,
take one out, compile again, 100 little bugs in the code…

I’ve got bugged nodes as well, 2 showing up in Cursed Shore on Sanctum of Rall for me.

Nice, lol. Not getting a single node to show up on any of the three accounts I have.

Posted by: dre.8973

dre.8973

wow still no response, congrats anet – worst company of the year, best game of the year.

Errant.4089

Now now, Dre, don’t say things like that until you’ve played with Nexon.

Subhuman.3958

The irony is that the patch that caused this was deployed to fix a crashing issue, but the situation is so frustrating that I don’t even feel like playing at the moment.

Posted by: DigitalFubar.1792

DigitalFubar.1792

Looks like if you xfer servers the problem fixes itself, not sure if it stays fixed when you xfer back.

Posted by: Katlan.6301

Katlan.6301

looks like the daily reset fixed the issue as all of the bugged ones respawned. Hopefully it’s fixed now

Doofensmirtz.1243

Ill go make my rounds and in the morning see if they respawned
will post results.

Posted by: Davez.4861

Davez.4861

Guys I just log in just now and I can find all 5 nodes at CS. Looks like they’ve fixed this, well I wish you guys best of luck!

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Found a rich ori node
mined it once
then it stopped being mineable
:(

Doofensmirtz.1243

OK all 12 nodes were up. Will check when i wake up if they respawned.

Posted by: Caveat Emptor.6032

Caveat Emptor.6032

Can confirm that all the nodes that was supposed to spawn, did actually spawn after the daily reset or something like that.

Posted by: datalos.4629

datalos.4629

Its either new anti-farming code or a bug. Cause when I was mining some mithril nodes, the extra ones around me disappear and I cannot find any on the map.

Posted by: Zumbaro.8376

Zumbaro.8376

It wouldn’t make sense for it to be an anti farming code, it has to be a bug. Anti farming could be changed by simply delaying the respawn for everyone or decreasing the number of nodes. As of this morning none of the nodes I mined last night had respawned and it wasn’t just the Orichalcum. I’ll be checking them again shortly almost 22 hours after I last mined them to see if they have respawned. If after 24 hours they haven’t then I’ll be posting detailed information here so they can hopefully resolve this.

Posted by: Castiel.2485

Castiel.2485

Around 7pm CST the 7 or so (bugged?) Orichalcum nodes spawned and now they are not respawning. Is this you Anet with some tactic to create more demand on the tp. How can they just screw up like this?

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

zhaitan ordered his minions to mine all orichalcum so adventures cant rise in power

but for real
i dont have any problem mining them they respawn when its time

Posted by: Davez.4861

Davez.4861

I’m gonna take back my word on earlier post. The bug is still there, now they’re didn’t respawn again… I guess something is wrong with the respawn timer.

Posted by: Luzitha.2530

Luzitha.2530

The respawn timer is bugged. I have checked today, some of my nodes respawn within 6 hrs but some took more than 12 hrs to become mineable. And this not just affect ori node, some of my mithril have the same issue.

Posted by: Greep.6394

Greep.6394

@Errant, you realize Nexon owns a large share of NCsoft, the producers of Guild Wars 2, right? XD

Doofensmirtz.1243

OK 4 out of 12 nodes respawned in the 8hrs since I last mined (figure 5hrs for normal respawn they did yesterday). So all 12 respawn at daily reset, but 8 are bugged after that (for me anyways).

I would agree with some people this is intended IF IT AFFECTED everyone. But it doesn’t. Many people are still able to mine all 12 nodes every 5 hrs. So this is a bug, that is gravely affecting a decent portion of the population as you can tell as Ori ore has gone up in price (like 40 copper per ore already).

Anet please fix this before Monday. And if not please FIX at least. Don’t let a significant portion of the population not be able to mine all 12 nodes every 5 hrs like other people. It creates an unfair advantage to those this bug doesn’t affect.

Doofensmirtz.1243

OK I lied, only 3/12 respawn, 2 in CS, 1 in ML.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Yesterday I found 3 orichalcum nodes and 1 ancient wood node.

The ancient wood appeared in the same spot as the 2nd orichalcum about 15 minutes after I gathered it, but people that came to the same nodes saw different things. So even resets seem to be random.

All other nodes seem to be fixed for me, only orichalcum, ancient wood and things like truffles and seaweed seem to be random.

Looks to me that the system for the 6th tier is random now, encouraging exploration over siting next to a node and loading the character once or twice a day to get it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Silence from dev’s still? Really?

Posted by: Wilq.8157

Wilq.8157

Underworld is bugged as well, after initial mining run (which was ok all nodes were minable) only 4 nodes respawned. Where are devs kitten Will somebody honor us with official statement? Its not about some iron crap, OUR MAIN SOURCE OF INCOME IS BUGGED! JFC, even Blizz would respond after 2 days. Shame on you AN.

Posted by: FizzyMyNizzy.1092

FizzyMyNizzy.1092

Class: Warrior lvl80,
Race: Asura
Level: 80
Server: Crystal Desert.

Class: Engineer
Race: Asura

Class: Ele lvl80
Race: human

I am also having this problem with ALL my char. Is either 1 spot has it, and for the other character it doesn’t have the note. The timer on the notes are all wrong. I gather 4(times 2) ori notes and 4(times 2) ancient wood notes from the last 2 maps, ending time was 10PM. So, today I woke up and ready to gather again. Less than half re-spawn back. And 1 of the ancient wood note only let me chop once.

Doofensmirtz.1243

Can we just get an official response please, like working as intended or broken?