Ori nodes not showing up as minable - Friend showed me spawns I see a ruined base like I mined it but I haven't, can mine 2 out of 5

Ori nodes not showing up as minable - Friend showed me spawns I see a ruined base like I mined it but I haven't, can mine 2 out of 5

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Castiel.2485

Castiel.2485

Ok so cant mine again today. Only about 3 that I can mine. Still no word from ANET. They want us to speculate because thats whats obviously good for business. Maybe the people who are not affected don’t mine a lot in a day? I was hitting all ori nodes about 3-4 times in a day. I wish Anet would come through and at least acknowledge the issue

Posted by: Davez.4861

Davez.4861

This issue starts discouraging me from playing. It’s mind blowing knowing how much gold I’ve lost due to this bug.

Today’s maintenance didn’t fix this bug, so far there is no response from Anet, it’s makes me doubt that the next server reset will fix this. Brace yourself, maybe we’re gonna stuck in this forever guys.

Posted by: Katlan.6301

Katlan.6301

if this isnt fixed by monday… I think a lot of people are gonna lose motivation to play. making money is this game is very difficult (not that this is a bad thing), but if they continue to let a bug go on w/affects ppl’s main way to make money then they have made a huge mistake. probably one of the biggest mistakes a mmo company could make

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Pretty sure this is just another one of ArenaNet’s brilliant DR systems that punishes normal players. Basically if you mine so many nodes it starts increasing the respawn times. So if you mine say 10 nodes in 10 hours(5 every 5 hours) it will then reduce the spawn rate of 3 of the nodes leaving you 2 that respawn in 5 hours and 3 that respawn in 10. Obviously more nodes means longer respawn times.

Posted by: Kayla.2498

Kayla.2498

If there were changes made with regards to nodes respawn time or some sort of DR with regards to this, there should be at least some official address on the issue. Instead of making players run to the spots every other 2 hours to see if the nodes are up again.

It has been 3 days or more that players are facing this issue. I was really pro-Anet in terms of being diligent in responding to detrimental issues since headstart, thus was just waiting patiently for a response in this thread and yet till today, there’s nothing.

Don’t change a game mechanic without announcing, and if this is not a change intended, let the players know that you guys are working on the issue.

Appreciated.

Kyzrael / Vyzrael – Mesmer / Guardian
Crimson Sky [Sky] Stormbluff Isle
www.crimsonskygw2.com

Posted by: Doofensmirtz.1243

Doofensmirtz.1243

Pretty sure this is just another one of ArenaNet’s brilliant DR systems that punishes normal players. Basically if you mine so many nodes it starts increasing the respawn times. So if you mine say 10 nodes in 10 hours(5 every 5 hours) it will then reduce the spawn rate of 3 of the nodes leaving you 2 that respawn in 5 hours and 3 that respawn in 10. Obviously more nodes means longer respawn times.

Unfortunately this is incorrect. As my friend has all 12 and has mined all 12 3 times a day for past 2-3 days fine. But me only 3 respawn every 5. The other 9 respawn at daily reset.

Posted by: Nudal.5310

Nudal.5310

I don’t even care about a detailed response… I don’t need reasons or explainations… All I’d like is one person with the little symbol next to their name to give me a one word yes or no answer to this question:

Is this an intended change?

If yes, we can all begrudgingly accept our fates, complain for a while, then get on with our lives. If no, we can all rest easy knowing it will be fixed…. Just a single word from the devs or someone at a.net.

Posted by: Zirail.7852

Zirail.7852

Stormbluff Isle: 0 nodes respawned for me after server maintaince, I farmed right before it.

Posted by: Subhuman.3958

Subhuman.3958

I cut this image out of gw2 spidy. I think it explains this situation very well. This rise in price can only be accounted for by lack of supply.

Attachments:

Posted by: Anatolious.8539

Anatolious.8539

On tarnished coast, the nodes reset positions last night, but haven’t respawned for me.

Posted by: Feandro.5264

Feandro.5264

Gates of Madness here, nodes moved but most didn’t respawn. I highly doubt this is some sort of intentional change or else everyone would have been hit by it. And it really does stink because the people who aren’t affected by it are making out like bandits, while the ones like myself (only get 1 full spawn a day) don’t get the full benefit.

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Still no response on this?

The only way (previously) not affected by playtime limiting effects such as DR to earn gold for normal players is destroyed, and we can’t even get a confirmation on if this is a bug, a new form of DR, or a bug in a new form of DR.

Wouldn’t be suprised if the real bug here is some people still having ‘normal’ respawn rates.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

The spawns are still bugged out after last nights ever maintenance. This is getting beyond ridiculous now.

Anet, tell your players that you at the very least know about their concerns or you’re going to really kitten a lot off them off.

This entire situation is killing my will to play this game quite steadily, and that’s quite sad because I was still enjoying it after 350+ hours.

I suggest everyone who is affected by this get on twitter and send a message @guildwars2 about the problem. I wouldn’t normally do this but I would even suggestion messaging them multiple times until we get a response.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Chesham.6249

Chesham.6249

Yup, still bugged for me, they’re in different spots but are still ruined nodes. I mined about 20 hours ago, right after the daily reset. There was a thread on the crafting about rich mineral nodes not working properly, and it got a reply from a dev. -_- PLEASE, can we at least get a “we’re working on it”? The price of orichalcum ore has nearly doubled since the patch, obviously this is a huge issue.

Posted by: Azula.7012

Azula.7012

So out of 10 ore on 2 maps I had 3 respawn. Not happy Jan.

Doofensmirtz.1243

Yup, still bugged for me, they’re in different spots but are still ruined nodes. I mined about 20 hours ago, right after the daily reset. There was a thread on the crafting about rich mineral nodes not working properly, and it got a reply from a dev. -_- PLEASE, can we at least get a “we’re working on it”? The price of orichalcum ore has nearly doubled since the patch, obviously this is a huge issue.

You got this thread/quote about that part of it at least?

Posted by: Chesham.6249

Chesham.6249

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Rich-mineral-nodes-broken-after-latest-patch/first#post346652

Sorry, I was called away and had to hurry the end of that post. Looks like someone posted about the ori nodes on there already.

Posted by: Zumbaro.8376

Zumbaro.8376

An update on my observations following the downtime at 11:59 pm Oct 3rd.

I did a full survey for Omnomberry, Orichalcum, and Orrian finding 3 of each in the Cursed Shore zone. I harvested all of them except the last Orrian as it was near the end of the survey and I had exhausted my axe and was not carrying an extra.

I returned at 1pm and surveyed the entire zone again finding no new nodes. The interesting result is the status of the nodes I had previously discovered. 2 of the Orichalcum nodes were harvestable again, all of the Omnomberry and only 1 of the Orrian. Of the Orrian nodes it was one I had harvested the prior visit that had refreshed while the one I had not harvested was no longer harvestable and showed an exhausted stump. The fact that across the T6 nodes there is such a great disparity in respawn and the fact that one I hadn’t harvested was exhausted shows that there is definitely a bug.

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

This is now stopping me from crafting because I can not mine ori ore as it does not spawn at all for me.

I can’t craft any weapons or armor I would like now because of this bug.

Arena Net wtf is going on?

Posted by: NeVeRLiFt.1680

NeVeRLiFt.1680

Still having problems on Tarnished Coast with ore nodes not spawning or respawning.
Will this be fixed soon?

Posted by: IFear.2685

IFear.2685

this is so funny……. a bug that ppl report at October 02, 2012 14:04 an till today not a single word from Anet, at least say if is a bug or not..

Posted by: sukumei.9671

sukumei.9671

Problem:
Orichalcum ore respawns aren’t working as intended. On some characters, only some nodes respawned within a 10 hour period. It is common knowledge that they actually respawn/refill within 5 hours of mining them.

Since most people have no idea how it works, orichalcum ore respawns DO NOT change until server resets and DO NOT have alternate spawn timers. We have no reason to believe that Anet has changed anything in their recent build because they didn’t say anything. The only explanation is that they screwed something up.

I’ve talked to a couple people and it seems to be a widespread problem. I don’t know why Anet hasn’t given a response as of yet. Oh right, probably because we have to get to their twitter or get the number of posts up to around 1000.

TRON.1085

Problem:
Orichalcum ore respawns aren’t working as intended. On some characters, only some nodes respawned within a 10 hour period. It is common knowledge that they actually respawn/refill within 5 hours of mining them.

Since most people have no idea how it works, orichalcum ore respawns DO NOT change until server resets and DO NOT have alternate spawn timers. We have no reason to believe that Anet has changed anything in their recent build because they didn’t say anything. The only explanation is that they screwed something up.

I’ve talked to a couple people and it seems to be a widespread problem. I don’t know why Anet hasn’t given a response as of yet. Oh right, probably because we have to get to their twitter or get the number of posts up to around 1000.

Maybe we should all protest naked in lions arch until they fix it or say something.

Posted by: sukumei.9671

sukumei.9671

Maybe we should all protest naked in lions arch until they fix it or say something.

Try twitter first but that sounds like a great idea.

Posted by: Kant.5438

Kant.5438

I’m guessing they did change something to reduce the availability of orich nodes but it’s not working as intended and as such they won’t say anything until they know what it’s doing and how they plan on fixing it.

Posted by: Chance Folly.9720

Chance Folly.9720

I am also having this problem. It seems like maybe the extent of the bug varies from person to person. As far as I can tell, two of the nodes in Cursed Shore are entirely gone for me, and the other three seem to be on roughly a 24 hour cooldown.

This is incredibly, incredibly frustrating for me. Farming high-level mats is my main source of income, I’m too casual of a player to have time for multiple instance runs or hours of farming DEs per day. I’m posting in this thread to add another voice to the chorus asking for some explanation. I’m not making demands about gameplay, I just want to know what’s going on. Arenanet, if this is intentional, please let us know so we can find other ways to make money. If this is a bug, please let us know that. Even if you have no idea how to fix it yet, just tell us what’s going on. Bugs happen and I understand that, I’ll wait while it gets fixed. But such a gamebreaking change with NO response WHATSOEVER, I’m feeling incredibly jerked around right now. Please, just tell us what’s happening.

Castiel.2485

I moved to Fort Aspenwood and still not spawning

Posted by: Daeo.9738

Daeo.9738

I can say that this is still a problem, half my nodes didnt respawn, and the other half did. Not sure whats going on, hopefully we can get a hot fix.

Posted by: Andalamar.4201

Andalamar.4201

In my case, all nodes reset when the daily achievements do, which is at 8 PM EST. Only at that moment I can mine all 14 of them.

If I do runs in between this cycle, I can only re-mine 3 of them. One in Malchor’s Leap (by the river) and 2 in Cursed Shore (in the cave/ravine).

Remember that there is a difference between the majority of players and the loudest players.
-Hawcinn/Barborin

TRON.1085

Lost about 10 gold so far past few days because of this bug…and I can’t craft my first exotic greatsword because of it no materials….

Still no responce?

Posted by: Athanasius.3875

Athanasius.3875

I thought my luck was in today, all 5 nodes in ML and CS up initially. But about 5.5 hours later only one up in ML, checking CS is next.

Athanasius.3875

2/5 Nodes up in CS. Timings, to nearest minute for all:

ML E of Valley of Lyss WP mined 11:38 and again 16:58
ML NE of Union WP mined 11:50, not present 17:06 to 17:14
ML SSE of Blighted Arch WP mined 11:51, not present 17:15
ML WSW of King’s Passage mined 11:56, not present 17:19
ML WNW of Light’s WP mined 11:54, not present 17:18

CS W of Winterknell Labyrinth mined 12:04, not present 17:22
CS ENE of Harbinger Torch PoI mined 12:07, not present 17:24
CS NE of Harbinger Torch PoI mined 12:07, not present 17:24
CS The Wreck of the Saehrimnir (longish distance) mined 12:13 and 17:27
CS The Wreck of the Saehrimnir (longish distance) mined 12:14 and 17:27

(yes, two lots of nodes very close to each other in CS for Gunnar’s Hold currently).

I’ll check again a little later to see if it’s simply my respawns taking a bit more time.

Athanasius.3875

I cut this image out of gw2 spidy. I think it explains this situation very well. This rise in price can only be accounted for by lack of supply.

Interestingly Mithril Ore prices are also on a rise. Either because people aren’t bothering to mine Ori atm, so don’t come across Mithril either… or possibly more likely those that know you can do 250x Mithril Ore + other mats => 10-50 Ori Ore are buying it up in order to do that.

Posted by: krais.5719

krais.5719

Having the same issue on HOD as others. I have also noticed on 2 occasions now when the server is reset and it is way past respawn time nodes will actually move to new locations used as if I already mined them.

Really need Anet to say SOMETHING please because I am tired and frustrated wasting time and money looking for nodes that are not there.

This all started when I like others mined right after the Oct 1st patch and before the second hotfix that night/morning.

Athanasius.3875

CS ENE of Harbinger Torch PoI mined 12:07, not present 17:24
CS NE of Harbinger Torch PoI mined 12:07, not present 17:24

Still no joy at 18:08 (times are BST, i.e. UTC + 1)

Posted by: Cotillion.7435

Cotillion.7435

Last night I noticed that all T6 nodes “repopped” for me at 5 EST / Midnight GMT, aka the daily reset.

This was after mining/logging them all earlier in the day at around 6AM EST.

Doofensmirtz.1243

Yes all 12 respawn at daily. Its’ after that that a random from 0-12 will respawn every 5 hrs. Depends on person.

Also mithril nodes messed up. One rich ones only giving 6 instead of 10 sometimes. Also, nodes not respawning every 1hr, sometimes 24hrs.

Also some disappearing after mining 1-2. Like i stated before group of 3 nodes, mined 2 and the 3rd disappeared. So today I noticed they respawned, so mined that 3rd one I didn’t before and the other 2 disappeared. Not disappeared in that I could see the ruined base, but disappeared from being able to be mined.

Weird stuff is going on.

Posted by: LoomyZA.7041

LoomyZA.7041

Lack of response to this incredibly game-breaking issue, not to mention massive thread, could ut be an indication that this is a new experimental DR system, that is currently being “Piloted” or tested on a select number of people. Also, i have a sneaking suspicion that the very affected, are those that mine nodes more than once a day. I’d appreciate if anyone that mentioned that their friends could mine as normal, could tell us exactly how many they mine on average / daily. would it be same as you or less. Either way, ANet is being highly disrespectful with no reply or confirmation of this thread if not the issue, right now i feel like a lab rat.

Lack of confirmation may be to avoid mass panic on the economy, ppl would be buying up ORI in mass quantities, and market would go kittens up. Whats ur theories

(edited by LoomyZA.7041)

Doofensmirtz.1243

Market is already going up massively. Just look at the picture posted a few posts ago. Like a 40% increase already.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The rise in price can also be explained by increase in demand, which was predictable. Hardly anyone wanted Ori 3 weeks ago, but now, tons of people think they need it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Doofensmirtz.1243

The problem is if it was intentional, why is it affecting people differently?

Castiel.2485

Like the above poster said it could be a experimental DR system which is only affecting so many people. Anet has proved in the past that they could pull stuff off like this on the fly. If it wasn’t they could have easily came through with a quick response to say so

(edited by Castiel.2485)

TRON.1085

Can we plaease get a responce on this thread?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

The rise in price can also be explained by increase in demand, which was predictable. Hardly anyone wanted Ori 3 weeks ago, but now, tons of people think they need it.

Not entirely true. Up until monday night before the patch hit orichalcum ore was dropping at a steady pace. Literally within an hour of the patch the prices started to go back up quite drastically.

So you’re saying that it’s just a coincidence that as the patch hit, all of a sudden more people felt the need to have more orichaclum?

Maybe it is a new form of DR. Only Anet knows, so it would be nice to get a word from them.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Doofensmirtz.1243

I wish we could get a word. Working as intended, experiment with random sample, bug.

I mean it’s just that simple. Obviously if it’s the second, there would be an outcry. So maybe let some people get rich, while those of us affected are loosing massive amounts of gold. With rise in price, i speculate i’ve lost about 20g. More toons you have that you farm with and combined with how many nodes don’t spawn for you could be even more.

Posted by: Veetwo.8506

Veetwo.8506

5/10/2012 The orichalcum ore nodes and the sapling nodes are still not respawning for a large amount of people but not everyone, meanwhile those of us who they are not respawning for are losing out on a form of ingame income while those who they are spawning for are getting increased gold from the higher prices and the price of items are going up and up putting some of us at a disadvantage.
I have mined the last 4 days with a friend every 5.5 hour, the first round all of our nodes were up, same spot as allways as is the norm, second round all her spots were up and 2 of mine were, and it has repeated like that for 4 days, all of her nodes are up every time and for me only the same 2 nodes are respawning on the second and consecutive rounds of gathering.
I have been watching these posts of so many people having the same issues as myself and to see that there has been no official response about this or even an acknowledgement via facebook or twiter on the matter leaves a bad taste with me and i am sure the large portion of the community it is affecting.

Posted by: Kant.5438

Kant.5438

I have been watching these posts of so many people having the same issues as myself and to see that there has been no official response about this or even an acknowledgement via facebook or twiter on the matter leaves a bad taste with me and i am sure the large portion of the community it is affecting.

Yeah, it’s one thing to nerf drops and such since those things were already RNG dominated. But to take something that was once fixed and steady and put it into the RNG realm without saying a thing is kinda really lame.

Posted by: liquids.9027

liquids.9027

my nodes respawned last night after daily reset,ill see if they do again tonight or if they come exactly 24hrs after i farmed them last

Castiel.2485

General

Ancient wood, Orichalcum Ore, and Mithril Ore nodes respawn rate is now tied directly to characters and set to respawn one day after your character gathered from it.

Ok I’m done..I could see increasing the times from 5-7 or so but treating them like rich veins is a horrible move. I started farming mobs and events to realizing that was a joke 30 minutes in and its time to log out cause you cant get anything. Then I move to gathering orichalcum and other nodes to find out I’m obviously making money and thats bad. Seems to me the only way to be successful in gw2 now is to stare at a trading post window for hours. Any other way would take months upon months before you could get into that 30g tier 3 gear and thats for a hardcore player maybe year or so for the more casual player. In my opinion the nodes were fine just the way they were and you should have stopped the free transfers before upsetting the playerbase even more.

Posted by: Daeo.9738

Daeo.9738

General

Ancient wood, Orichalcum Ore, and Mithril Ore nodes respawn rate is now tied directly to characters and set to respawn one day after your character gathered from it.

Ok I’m done..I could see increasing the times from 5-7 or so but treating them like rich veins is a horrible move. I started farming mobs and events to realizing that was a joke 30 minutes in and its time to log out cause you cant get anything. Then I move to gathering orichalcum and other nodes to find out I’m obviously making money and thats bad. Seems to me the only way to be successful in gw2 now is to stare at a trading post window for hours. Any other way would take months upon months before you could get into that 30g tier 3 gear and thats for a hardcore player maybe year or so for the more casual player. In my opinion the nodes were fine just the way they were and you should have stopped the free transfers before upsetting the playerbase even more.

Are you sure about this change? if so can you link me to where you read it? This is a huge blow to my farming, and i will probably just quit until more end game content is released. Bored as it is.