Out of the map.

Out of the map.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

I was bored, so i started searching to see if i could get out of the map. I found far more than i had ever expected. I took screenshots of where and how I got out of the map.

All of the following except for one was found in Brisban Wildlands with a screenshot of the map showing specifically where.

in the first five images, you need warrior sword#2 or something similar to be able to get across the side of the rock like that. It is VERY difficult, but possible if you don’t go too far on the first jump. Normal jumping will not work to get across.

The next four images : Just go up the staircase. Once up, one of the large rocks blocking your way to the edge of the map is not solid. Go through and you will be there. No special jumping required.

The next three images : Just jump up and walk up the ledge. Rather simple. Can be done with normal jumping, although it will be much easier with a leap skill.

The next four images: Walk along the ledge, hugging the wall. Once you get as far as you can from just walking, jump while still staying next to the wall twice. From here, while facing the ledge, go a little bit to the right and then jump to the left all while moving forward to get the rest of the way up the cliff. Not sure if my instructions are any good for this one, but you at least know where it is.

the next four images : This one is the hard one. With swiftness, use warrior’s sword #2 or something similar to jump across the gap. You have to be as close as possible to the edge before you jump, or you will miss, otherwise you will barely make it. climb on up and you will be out.

The next 6 images : on the third image, use warrior sword#2 or something similar. If you use it farther down to cross the gap, you will be blocked by an invisible wall. Do it higher up and you will jump over the wall. Climb along the edge of the cliff and you will be out of the map.

The next 4 images: This one doesn’t get you to the edge of the map, but there are faaar too many non-solid objects for this to be anywhere near intentional. Just use swiftness and warrior sword#2 or similar to jump the gap and climb the mountain.

The last few images: This one is in the Thumanova reactor in metrica province. When you do the hidden event that raises you to a platform high in the sky to fight a boss, take the 50% falling damage trait. With some careful aiming and a leap skill you will land on a pillar. From there you can hop around on the roof of the reactor (or whats left of the roof). It requires some planning, otherwise you might not be able to get back up the way you came if it is a dead end. Definitely not intentional because of the many places you can get stuck with no way out, and one of the walls isn’t solid. Nice view though.
I currently don’t know if it is possible to get to the edge of the map from here. I got stuck and didn’t want to go through the hassle of activating the hidden event again.

Out of the map.

Posted by: Jettit.7184

Jettit.7184

jumping puzzle level: warrior

theres a spot near the inquest lab in malchor’s leap where i was able to get in the water in the lagoon and behind all the walls and up the mountains…really cool

Out of the map.

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

Just got 100% completion on Brisban Wildlands, and while doing so I found one more spot i can get out of the map from.

Just use a leap skill to get onto that little natural fountain thing and walk across onto the cliff. I just about gave up trying to get out of the map from there when I accidentally noticed that one of the walls isn’t solid. Walk through it and you are out of the map.

screenshots included.

Attachments:

Out of the map.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Thank you for the reports! Please note that we have an existing thread for environment art bugs, so please post these issues there.

In the interest of keeping these reports in one place, this thread will now be closed.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed