Pact Requisitioner Hargrove does not exist...

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lori.6571

Lori.6571

Upon logging in after the Oct 22 update I received a Pact Victory Token in the mail and was instructed to exchange it for a lovely new weapon by visiting Pact Requisitioner Hargrove in Fort Trinity.

One hitch…that NPC does not exist. About 30 or 40 players have spent the last half hour combing every square inch of the place and he’s nowhere to be found.

Could we please requisition a Pact Requisitioner with your next update.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Agreed, I left LA and a 10 min load time to find him not even in the zone. Our server believes he is in the area in the personal story that you can only get into once.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

He is. I saw him there.

What is needed is to put him in the “locked room” in the south part of the Fort, and then put an “access guard” in front of the door (like the one letting you into the gate room).

Posted by: Sageofprofession.3012

Sageofprofession.3012

Not present on Northern Shiverpeaks. Kinda annoying ‘cause I can feel the token burning a hole in my character’s pocket

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

Not present on Northern Shiverpeaks. Kinda annoying ‘cause I can feel the token burning a hole in my character’s pocket

I agree.

Same case on Sea of Sorrows.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Mouse.3271

Mouse.3271

Not present on JQ.

Posted by: Shining KoW.4683

Shining KoW.4683

Any word from Arenanet on this problem?

Posted by: NickFireman.7243

NickFireman.7243

It seems like it’s not working in the whole game… There is no point in giving a token with the vendor being in an instanced area which we can’t access if we have already finished the quests… Before giving the tokens, they should make sure we would be able to access the vendor.

Garrus Finiarel – Human Warrior
Raven Oakwood – Sylvari Ranger
Kal Vas Flam [KVF] – Jade Quarry

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

He is not present behind the locked door. I was able to get in and find that he was not in the area where he normally was in the instance. Here is a picture to show all that he is currently not at Fort Trinity at his normal spot.

EDIT: Btw, may I have a special achievement into getting into this area? Heheh jk

Attachments:

(edited by DragoTheWise.7256)

Posted by: Explicit.6580

Explicit.6580

how come i am not surprised by this. maybe fixed the bugs you already have before putting out new content.

Posted by: Ocellaris.8362

Ocellaris.8362

Well this would be a really unfortunate oversight. I went looking for him as well, presuming he would be hanging around in Fort Trinity ready to hand out some free items…

Posted by: Hippie.5083

Hippie.5083

Well this is annoying, but not surprising.

They will probably fix it after all the Halloween stuff goes away. sigh. Now it will just sit in my bank taunting me for another few weeks….taunting me…mocking me….

……..twitch…..

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

You have to finish arah story mode to see him, someone said they just did it, you can revisit the instanced version of fort trinity.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Pact-Requestioner-Hargrove/first#post507328

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

Posted by: Lori.6571

Lori.6571

I finished Arah SM (and I assume everyone else who got the mail had already finished it as well) and there is no “instanced” version of Fort Trinity available for me to revisit.

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

Anyone wanna try this…?

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

I just spoke to someone that had an ArenaNet logo next to their name in game, and while he was busy with other bug fixes, I did bring this to his attention, and he said they’d fix it, if there’s a bug (he wasn’t 100% sure, as that wasn’t what he was working on at the time)

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

Posted by: Askeptykal.4138

Askeptykal.4138

Anyone wanna try this…?

That’s a negative, the area is completely empty.

Attachments:

My sylvari needs more Tyrian Tweeters to ramble at – find her @JaeaSylvari

Posted by: Mauvelence.6870

Mauvelence.6870

I just finished doing Arah story mode again and yeah you can access him in the locked room but he will not talk to us. I am not sure why. We talked to Trahearne like the quest said and then went to talk to Hargrove in the room that is open in the instance and he would not talk to us at all. Please fix this and please make him be out of instance so we dont have to do this dungeon again. It is not anyones favorite. Just have him be an NPC in Fort Trinity that can only be talked to by peeps with these tokens to turn in as there are literally hundreds that need to do this.

Posted by: BillFreist

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

I’m curious, were any of you in a group when you finished the game and couldn’t talk to him?

If you can’t find him, he’s located in an instance of Caer Aval (Fort Trinity) in the Straights of Devastation after completing the game, too. He is NOT available in the public map, which is why its blocked off.

The entry to this area is southwest of the Fort Trinity Waypoint and at the north entrance to Caer Aval. There is no marker for the instance entry like you’d normally see for Story steps, so just approach the door and you’ll get the prompt.

Once you’re in, he should be spawned straight ahead. If you don’t see him, wait around for a couple minutes and he should appear.

-Bill

Posted by: RenRen.5706

RenRen.5706

@Bill Approaching the door does not give me a prompt.

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

Sorry, Bill, your description is wrong. I do not get any “enter” dialog, and I’m standing outside the door to Caer Aval, as are other people. I finished the main questline some weeks ago, and have the toke in my backpack.

Other people are standing here, equally frustrated.

I’ve also wall-crawled all around Caer Aval, no success.

I’m on Tarnished Coast.

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Investigating, sorry about that!

Posted by: Malihk.2695

Malihk.2695

Tarnished Coast Server—- I and several others can not get into the instanced area, this was a giant disappointment following huge excitement, the fancy new weapon is gonna be a let down too isnt it?

Posted by: Trifuerza.5427

Trifuerza.5427

Investigating, sorry about that!

@BillFreist
The door at the north entrance to Caer Avaldoesn’t generate the “instance join” prompt(Server Baruch Bay [SP]). I suppose its like Black Citadel instances. We go to the door but we don’t recibe the option to join the instance where the NPC is located. I hope that info helps you to fix it.
(Sorry for my bad English)

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Good news, we’ve figured out the bug! We will have this fix pushed into the next build (not the build we just ran as I’m typing this) whenever that ends up being. I don’t want to leave you guys hanging, but I can’t promise any dates/times either.

But it will be soon my young grasshoppers, soon.

-Bill

Edit: And when I say the “bug”, I mean the instance entry not being present.

(edited by BillFreist.1527)

Posted by: Neutro.3079

Neutro.3079

Nobody is getting the “instance enter” icon when coming close to Caer Aval door

Posted by: Udamar.4703

Udamar.4703

i think this is just a typical example for the big problem that GW2 has at the moment: it is just not rewarding players for doing something.

And than even while they try to react to the complains they fail to generate actual usable content because they probably didnt take the time to test it.

Such bugs can easily happen. but it is very unfortunate that it happens while trying to react to some serious complains about core mechanics of the game.

I really hope that Anet is going to do something about this and is trying to make the game rewarding at all.

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

Good news, we’ve figured out the bug! We will have this fix pushed into the next build (not the build we just ran as I’m typing this) whenever that ends up being. I don’t want to leave you guys hanging, but I can’t promise any dates/times either.

But it will be soon my young grasshoppers, soon.

-Bill

Edit: And when I say the “bug”, I mean the instance entry not being present.

I appreciate the update.

HOWEVER, as a professional, thirty-year veteran of the software industry, including game development, I am HIGHLY disappointed that ANet continues to push out broken code. I don’t expect perfection; I do expect basic testing. I don’t mind bugs; I do mind sloppiness in the name of saving a buck.

Yeah, you’ll say “it’s just a game” — and that’s a lame excuse for a lack of diligence. Don’t make the product if you aren’t willing to put in better effort on QA. This bug is just plain sloppy, and it hurts trust in the rest of the product.

Posted by: Flakey.4892

Flakey.4892

Also does NOT work when you team up with somebody and get zoned into that zone. The NPC will not talk to you.

Posted by: Nooka.8390

Nooka.8390

How do you not realize that
A) The main Halloween quest is broken
B) The token you mailed out this patch has no vendor that accepts said token

Posted by: Koolthulu.9682

Koolthulu.9682

Anet really needs to set up a test server and let us do their testing, since their internal testers seem to be having issues. You would think the mistake of just doing a couple of limited beta weekends would have taught them something.

Also they need to take a page out of Trion’s book and release patches quicker. If you have the issue fixed release the patch. This sitting on fixes for 1 or 2 weeks is getting old. And Anet has even less of an excuse, since they don’t have to bring down the servers to patch.

Posted by: Foronisus.4138

Foronisus.4138

I agree about test server, also i mean how hard can that be making portal or if you cant make it put a Open door model there (atleast that should fix the problem)

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

a test server would work wonders. most other developers use this method, particularly blizzard, for whom it works excellently. every patch they’ve put out is generally pretty spotless and i assume it is because they have a larger set of data from all the people who try out new patches on their PTR rather than just the in house testers.

thugged out since cubscouts

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

Seriously.. everyone calm down. ArenaNet will fix it and we’ll get our rewards. Less QQ about something they were nice enough to add in, eh?

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

Posted by: Foronisus.4138

Foronisus.4138

Auctually we know that they will fix it but we are talking about time. Since they can make real fast fix for this

Posted by: NukeM.7134

NukeM.7134

Anet team, Thanks for the quick response in your fixes and in listening to the customer. I’d rather have a bug on a feature that can be fixed than to not have the feature at all. I was frustrated trying to find the NPC; but I was happy at the same time to have the opportunity for the reward. In this case, I wasn’t expecting a weapon, although I was hoping for it. You made the effort to respond to our feedback about the quest rewards. This approach of continuous improvement will continue to make Anet successful. You know the customer is always right, so, you fix things as soon as possible.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Hey everyone,

While we have multiple points where we check for issues and multiple people watching for these (all part of that delay time between builds), there are times when we make mistakes that get into the game, despite our best efforts. It’s an unfortunate reality of game design and human nature.

That being said, we try to fix these issues as soon as they’re identified; and as Bill mentioned, we’ve found this issue and pushed a fix for it into our next full build. As this issue has been resolved, I’ll be closing this thread.

Thank you for your patience and understanding; we’re always working to improve our processes, and we appreciate your support!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed