Party and fractal/dungeon bugs...

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Minisnoballz.1240

Minisnoballz.1240

These bugs have been going on for months now and only seem to happen to Euro players on NA servers.
Party bugs:
- Party UI not updating when someone joins or leaves the party (e.g. shows 2 people in the party UI when the party is actually full)
- Location of people in your party not updating

Fractal bugs:
- No pup up when someone enters FotM
- Nothing happens when you press join when there is a pop up
- Getting level selection pop up when you try to join your party inside using the portal instead of the pop up
- Choosing the same level as your party (who is already inside) in the level selection pop up bug (see previous) gets you into a seperate instance
- Leaving party/swapping char/restarting client doesn’t reset your instance

Example of what happened earlier today:
Tried to join a lvl 2 FotM group for the new Maw achievement. They went in first and I couldn’t enter so I went to the portal, selected lvl 2 in the pop up and ended in a seperate instance. Relogged multiple times to other characters/restarted client/rejoined party and every time i get the pop up for my own seperated lvl 2 instance. So I left because I couldn’t get it to work and decided to join an other party to do lvl 10. As soon as I joined another party, we all got the pop up for that lvl 2 instance but no one could enter(not even I could enter my lvl 2 one). One party member could enter a different level using the portal and everyone got the pop up except me, I keep getting the lvl 2 one that i can’t enter.

Dungeon Bugs:
- No pop ups when someone enters the dungeon
- Party members not getting a pop up when you’re the one that started the dungeon
- Nothing happens when you press join when there is a pop up
- Ending up in a seperate instance when you join the dungeon using the portal
- Network error when you try to start the dungeon(first person to go in)
- Getting a pop up when everyone is outside after finishing the dungeon(if you clicked on join nothing happens and when someone enters after you clicked on join, you will not get a new pop up)
(these things happen on both home and guest servers)

And again these bugs have been going on for months and multiple posts have been made. And as far as I know, not a single official response about this.
This is getting frustrating, especially when you can’t complete the living story content because it’s in a dungeon or fractal…

If you’re having the same problems, please bump this topic.

(edited by Minisnoballz.1240)

Posted by: SirAmikVarse.2793

SirAmikVarse.2793

heh, I made a rant on this topic while you posted this – yes count me and my wife all in for having this problem

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Yup it has been happening to me for the last few days. I hope they can fix it soon.
EDIT: commander tag is usually bugged at those times as well

Posted by: Cyanure.1075

Cyanure.1075

Same for me !!! DO SOMETHING PLZ !!
Today I cant play

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

Count me in too.

I myself am from the Netherlands, but play on the NA servers because all of my friends are there. Since the latest patch I haven’t been able to do any dungeons with them, though.

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

man this is soo annoying.. I have been experiencing this all day today and and a bit yesterday.

Please fix these bugs.

Posted by: I Karnor I.1823

I Karnor I.1823

Worked our way round it last time it happened.

So basically

1) we disbanded the party
2) then one person entered FoTM
3) then they invited one of the original members to the party
4) the new member entered the invitees FoTM
5) repeat steps 3 to 4 until all party members are in

NOTE: make sure each member has entered before you invite the next one

We still got screwed later when a member crashed and could not get back in but meh, hope it helps ya

Legacy Of Nosferatu [KISS]

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Excellent collection of the many aspects of bugs affecting players in regards to parties and instances.

Adding your thread to my Living Story Introduced Bugs tracker thread.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

StinVec.3621

So basically

We still got screwed later when a member crashed and could not get back in but meh, hope it helps ya

1) Are you in EU playing on NA servers?
1) Appreciate the guide tho can you type it again with a better English (no offense, but just read your part 4)?
Thanks.

I think he is stating that one person goes into fractals, invites another person. Once that 2nd person joins in, then the 2nd person invites the 3rd. The 3rd then should invite the 4th once they are in, and that they then invite the next. So each new person in the party takes on the responsibility to invite the next one, instead of one person inviting all of them one at a time.

1st goes to fractals, invites 2nd to party
2nd joins party, goes to fractals
2nd invites 3rd
3rd joins party, goes to fractals
3rd invites 4th
4th joins party, goes to fractals
4th invites 5th
5th joins party, goes to fractals
Play

Posted by: Mallyx.2396

Mallyx.2396

Been trying for a couple of hours to enter fracs..It just won’t let me join

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I can confirm the fractal issues. I also had a problem where I could not go to checkpoint when I died even though everyone was out of combat. Relogging, restarting app, etc did not work.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

I’m sick of being a permanent second class citizen. I don’t want to think about going back to European servers but I might have to if this keeps going on.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: I Karnor I.1823

I Karnor I.1823

So basically

1) Are you in EU playing on NA servers?
1) Appreciate the guide tho can you type it again with a better English (no offense, but just read your part 4)?
Thanks.

I think he is stating that one person goes into fractals, invites another person. Once that 2nd person joins in, then the 2nd person invites the 3rd. The 3rd then should invite the 4th once they are in, and that they then invite the next. So each new person in the party takes on the responsibility to invite the next one, instead of one person inviting all of them one at a time.

1st goes to fractals, invites 2nd to party
2nd joins party, goes to fractals
2nd invites 3rd
3rd joins party, goes to fractals
3rd invites 4th
4th joins party, goes to fractals
4th invites 5th
5th joins party, goes to fractals
Play

lol, thanks for interpreting my bad Ingrish there, I must be talking with forked tongue

Yes I am a EU player on a NA server.

Had this problem in EU before we moved to NA though but some time ago.

Legacy Of Nosferatu [KISS]

Posted by: Mykk.2367

Mykk.2367

So I’m getting this issue as well. I’m a EU player on a NA server. Today I ran some fractals for the new achievement and it went fine, we had some lag but I don’t think it’d be because of this. However, when I went to do some dungeons, all hell broke loose. I tried several parties for different dungeons and none of it worked. Either I would not get the prompt, or I would but clicking to join did nothing, and going up to the portal only allowed me to create an instance that no one else could join. I then came to look on the forums, it seems people have been getting this issue for a long time now. I myself don’t do many dungeons so I never noticed anything, up until now, so I’m adding my voice to this thread I guess.

Posted by: Musaid.1476

Musaid.1476

Joined multiple groups today to try and do a dungeon, but the prompt did nothing every time. This has been happening for a long time, but not with every party like today.

StinVec.3621

Ashley Segovia stated this in the Technical Support forum version of this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Fractals-party-bug/first#post2479729

Hey guys – In order for us to better assist you guys with this issue, please submit a technical support ticket. We’ll need to gather some information and possibly try a few things, but this will be the best way for us to get to the bottom of this issue.
Please refer to the thread below in regards to contacting support:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/How-to-Submit-a-Technical-Support-Ticket-2/first#post3957

The more specific and detailed you can make your response the better this will help us investigate this issue.

I appreciate your patience!

Posted by: Renquist.9530

Renquist.9530

Same issues here.

Eu player playing on NA servers.

2 days ago it happend sometimes but a quick relogg fixed it.. now nothing, absolutely unable to enter any dungeon.

Posted by: Yue.5974

Yue.5974

Same issues, Euro on US server

Character Name: Yue, Rynorr Soulshielder, Rose Yuenü and 28 others xD
Guild: The Eternal Blades Of The North[EBoN]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: shrach.2587

shrach.2587

Same here, Euro playing on Maguuma (NA). Seems to have gotten much worse recently, with my party members culling out of existence in LA/dungeons/fractals.

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

the problem with this is that it works and then the bug kicks in… i really find it annoying especially when you want to do the dungeon/fractal.

loging off, changing maps, restarting gw2, or guesting over to the instance starter’s server does work at time but most of the time its fails to do anything.. forcing me to quit what i wanted to do.

can we somehow get some sort okittennowledgement of this problem from anet side