Patch Updater stuck 1 file. 0.00 kb/s

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

The title,

I tried relaunching it and it slowly drops from 1.00 kb/s to zero while making no progress. Leaving it will eventually cause it to error out and retry.

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

after re launching the launcher a couple of times it finally finished.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Same here. It got to 99%, stuck there for a while, then I restarted the launcher and it’s stuck at 0%.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Maph.3194

Maph.3194

Same. I have restarted the launcher (as Administrator) many times, but it refuses to finish downloading the last file.

Posted by: doctorfaust.9361

doctorfaust.9361

Same here. Not sure why this is going on.

Posted by: DBR.9876

DBR.9876

I am having this issue as well.

Matthew Day – Human Elementalist

Posted by: ragscoon.3527

ragscoon.3527

When will they fix this issue!!! I can’t play stuck at 99% last file.

Posted by: sadatoni.6524

sadatoni.6524

Same here, stuck at 99% and 0.0KB down.

Posted by: Flubbers.4876

Flubbers.4876

I’ve got the same problem, tried restarting – no change. The download will start at like .5 kbps and quickly reach 0kbps.

Posted by: gippalthefish.6495

gippalthefish.6495

I am having the same issue and relaunching the launcher a bunch of times hasn’t helped neither has running it as admin

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

Same issue here, tried launching several times, tried the -image command, restarted PC, stuck on 1 file remaining.

Posted by: fmttm.1623

fmttm.1623

I had the same type of issues, patch got to 1 file to go and stopped with connection error and the request to retry. I entered my credentials and logged in, the game completed the install and logged me in. Try it and see if it works for you too.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I am experiencing the same thing. I got download to start then all of a sudden it stopped. See screen shot.

Please fix so I can play.

I have attempted several restarts without success. It always stops at exactly the same place every time.

Attachments:

(edited by lynspottery.6529)

Posted by: DBR.9876

DBR.9876

I personally restarted the client about 35-40 times and after long last, just logged in and left the client open when I went for dinner discouraged. I came back 30 minutes later and I had gotten the file.

Matthew Day – Human Elementalist

lynspottery.6529

I had the same type of issues, patch got to 1 file to go and stopped with connection error and the request to retry. I entered my credentials and logged in, the game completed the install and logged me in. Try it and see if it works for you too.

I tried that but it did not work for me. So I am effectively unable to log into the game at this time. I certainly hope they fix this as I had a group to join up with at 8pm EST…its now 8:39pm EST..so I am late.

EDIT: Just got the screen to finally load. It is now 8:54pm EST so it apparently takes the launcher a lot longer to think about that last file to download than normal.

DBR, thanks for the pointer. :=)

lynspottery.6529

I personally restarted the client about 35-40 times and after long last, just logged in and left the client open when I went for dinner discouraged. I came back 30 minutes later and I had gotten the file.

30 minutes for 1 file to download? Sounds like Anet has a problem then. Should not take that long. Seems like something might be stuck somewhere on launcher.

See my edit above, just got in.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I’ve left it going for an hour or more with no luck, it seems kind of random whether it’ll connect or not.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: EvanTeicheira

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Next

Hello everyone!

If you are currently unable to patch the final file, try restarting the client and allowing it to run for at least 10 minutes. At this point, the backup system should kick in and push the final file through to your system; if you receive the “Connection failure…retrying” message, don’t worry: this is the backup measure, and should download the last file after a few minutes.

If you continue to have trouble downloading the file, please contact support at https://en.support.guildwars2.com/.

Thank you for your patience!

ArenaNet QA Team

(edited by EvanTeicheira.3962)

Posted by: ForgottenLegend.1285

ForgottenLegend.1285

Having trouble with this since 6 hours now.
Left the client open up to 3 hours, no retry button appeared etc.
I also tried to close it after 3 hours and left it open several minutes, nothing changed.

What do I have to do?

Posted by: Katody.7138

Katody.7138

I’ve had this problem since last night. Like ForgottenLegend. I kept restarting it then left the launcher up for around 2 hours it never pushed through! So now, I’m repairing the launcher by creating a shortcut and adding -repair to the target line.
https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8981/session/L3RpbWUvMTM2NzQyMjc4NS9zaWQvNipraFU1cGw%3D#

Will let you know if it works!

(edited by Katody.7138)

Katody.7138

Repairing the client didn’t work. Still stuck. I’ll have to re-download the whole thing again woohoo.

Previous

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Next

Hey everyone. Thank you for following up!

First off, I would not recommend re-downloading the client just yet, as it is not likely to help the current situation unless there is a different problem preventing you from accessing the game. Instead, please try the following:

1. Make sure you’ve created a shortcut to your Gw2.exe client.
  2. Open the shortcut properties (by right-clicking the icon and selecting ‘Properties’)
  3. In the target line, type -log so that your target looks something like this: C:\Games\Gw2\gw2.exe -log
  4. Hit ‘Ok,’ then run the client.
  5. (Assuming you are blocked when trying to download the last file) let the client run for about ten minutes, then close the client.
  6. In your Documents\Guild Wars 2 folder, you should now have a text file called ‘Gw2.log’. Please attach this file to a response, or send the file with a support ticket to customer support.

Please send us this information as soon as possible, as it will be of great aid to the programming team as they identify the root cause of the issue.

Thank you for your patience in the interim!

ArenaNet QA Team

Katody.7138

Hey everyone. Thank you for following up!

First off, I would not recommend re-downloading the client just yet, as it is not likely to help the current situation unless there is a different problem preventing you from accessing the game. Instead, please try the following:

1. Make sure you’ve created a shortcut to your Gw2.exe client.
  2. Open the shortcut properties (by right-clicking the icon and selecting ‘Properties’)
  3. In the target line, type -log so that your target looks something like this: C:\Games\Gw2\gw2.exe -log
  4. Hit ‘Ok,’ then run the client.
  5. (Assuming you are blocked when trying to download the last file) let the client run for about ten minutes, then close the client.
  6. In your Documents\Guild Wars 2 folder, you should now have a text file called ‘Gw2.log’. Please attach this file to a response, or send the file with a support ticket to customer support.

Please send us this information as soon as possible, as it will be of great aid to the programming team as they identify the root cause of the issue.

Thank you for your patience in the interim!

I’m spending all day re-downloading the client because the launcher kept being mean, but I kept the original backup and loaded that, created the log, and here it is!
I also sent a support ticket with NCSoft Testy thingy.
Firewalls unblocked, no anti-virus, test says all connections are open. But that 1KB just won’t download. All files are downloaded I’m sure, but the launcher doesn’t want to highlight that “Play” button for some reason. People on Facebook also have this problem FYI. So we’re not alone!

~Kat <3

Perf: Build 18059
Error: VerifyAccess failed or denied access with 0×80070716 – 1
Perf: Archive has version 1 header
Perf: Archive has version 1 header
Debug: Scale9Grid for resource=188 has negative width -8.050000
Error: Below min spec: Failed WinXP SP2 or greater check. 5 version 0 service pack reported.
Perf: Deleted 0 old files.
Debug: Connecting to auth server 64.25.38.171:6112…
Debug: Gc::GcAuthCmdNotifyProc: code 1
Debug: Connected to auth server 64.25.38.171:6112
Debug: Gc::GcAuthCmdNotifyProc: code 4
Debug: Auth server returned response 0
Debug: Account login transaction result 0
Debug: Disconnected from server 64.25.38.171:6112
Debug: Drop auth connection
Debug: Gc::GcAuthCmdNotifyProc: code 3
Perf: Counter; 30d.1m.socket inet msgs processed; 11
Perf: Counter; 30d.1m.socket inet process time ms; 5
Perf: Counter; 30d.1m.transactions (peak); 2
Perf: Counter; 30d.1m.transactions (total); 7
Perf: Counter; 30d.1m.trans timeouts; 1
Perf: Counter; 30d.1m.unsent msgs (peak); 1
Perf: Counter; 30d.1m.unsent msgs (total); 1

Attachments:

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

Mine got stuck, restarted the client several times, waited over 30 minutes, no luck. Rebooted my computer, ran it with -repair, and after about another half hour, it finally patched and finished.

Good luck, not sure why it gets stuck with this last file, but seems to be happening to a lot of people.

Katody.7138

It’s happening to a lot of people. And you’re lucky it happened to you in only over an hour. I had re-download the whole thing again. :-(

Previous

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Hey everyone! I’m happy to say that the programming team was able to implement a fix for this issue with last night’s build (thank you Katody for providing us with your log information so quickly!).

If you have not already done so, take the time to re-launch your client and allow it to run for at least ten minutes. It should eventually return the “connection failure…retrying” message. At this point, let it sit for another few minutes as the backup mechanism kicks in and downloads the missing file.

If you are still unable to patch the final file after giving the client time to re-connect, please take the time to generate a -log file and either post it here or submit a ticket to support.

Thanks, again, for your patience, and good hunting!

ArenaNet QA Team

Posted by: Taidel.6053

Taidel.6053

Posting my fix anywhere and everywhere a thread is not closed:

If you’re stuck at 1 file left, 0.0kb/s downloading, and leaving the launcher running for hours does nothing, try this:

In the top-right corner, click one of the flags to change the language (I used German).

The launcher will re-start and (hopefully) begin downloading more. For me, it had some 10,000+ files yet to be downloaded, a few 100mb’s of stuff.

Once it’s done, switch back to English.

100% done, Play button is clickable.

Hope this works for you too!

Posted by: jmp.4732

jmp.4732

+1 to Taidel’s comment. Worked for me!

Posted by: NuclearTicTac.3659

NuclearTicTac.3659

If you’re stuck at 1 file left, 0.0kb/s downloading, and leaving the launcher running for hours does nothing, try this:

In the top-right corner, click one of the flags to change the language (I used German).

The launcher will re-start and (hopefully) begin downloading more. For me, it had some 10,000+ files yet to be downloaded, a few 100mb’s of stuff.

+1

I’m seeing the same thing. It was stuck at 1 file. I switched to German and it’s downloading another 14,000 files or so. If it doesn’t work, I’ll post back but I’m guessing this will work.

long, fed up sigh….

Posted by: Cyndaine.7589

Cyndaine.7589

Just ran into this issue on a new computer. Never had the problem before on other machines. Have disabled all security, done a clean reboot, and I am now trying Taidel.6053’s trick. Seems to be working so far. Taidel, and NuclearTicTac for reposting, thank you very much.

ANet, really? How about free gems or a tribute to loyal paying customers that have put up with issues and poor response time to those issues? Nothing says I’m sorry like a little customer appreciation.

Posted by: Raine.3108

Raine.3108

Just wanted to add that this is still happening, stuck at one file installing it on my new PC.

What is that one file? What mysteries does it hold? Or is it filled with terrors we’re being sheltered from?

Gonna try the german fix, hopefully that works, but I’m amazed it’s still occurring after this long.

Posted by: sim.8903

sim.8903

Clearly this bug is NOT fixed 2 months later. I am experiencing this issue now. Come on Arenanet…

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Try the language change if waiting it out doesn’t help.

Posted by: sim.8903

sim.8903

I did and that did work, but I shouldn’t have to do that to get the game to fully download, especially when the bug was “fixed” 2 months ago. Arenanet really needs to get their act together.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Yeah, it’s troublesome… Btw, you can use a similar trick for forcing the tp to load things when it’s playing up too. (change text language while tp is open)

Posted by: mdeggers.9701

mdeggers.9701

i finnaly just got a new computer. and gw 2 was my first choice of a new mmo to play. It troubles me that this issue was over 3 months old and it’s still happening. Anyone know if theres a faster resolution or not?

Posted by: Dervrelin.2978

Dervrelin.2978

My friend is having the same problem and has tried on different computers, currently she is on an alienware laptop, and it just refuses to budge. The issue is not fixed. The issue needs to be fixed and fast, shes put money into the game.
on the other pc’s she got it ot work by changing language, didn’t work this time tho, and she is mad

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

My friend is having the same problem and has tried on different computers, currently she is on an alienware laptop, and it just refuses to budge. The issue is not fixed. The issue needs to be fixed and fast, shes put money into the game.
on the other pc’s she got it ot work by changing language, didn’t work this time tho, and she is mad

from
Taidel.6053

Posted by: Dehvi.1435

Dehvi.1435

Hi I am having this exact same problem, 5 months after this was resolved… no idea how to fix. not only me but also my friends who play are having the same problem

The only thing achieved without effort is failure

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I just had this for the first time ever when downloading the small patch updates they put out since yesterday. I left it sit for a few minutes with 1 file left and then X’ed out of the updater. Waited 30 seconds and re-launched the updater and it finished the last file.

Others have mentioned changing the language (top right) which closes the launcher and reopens it and then change the language back again after the file finishes. This makes you download all the localization files for that language though…which is pointless and can actually cause even larger patch updates in the future for you as you would need to download those localization files also even if you don’t use them.

I didn’t do that though. Just leave it sit a minute, close the launcher, re-open and it should pick up where it left off on that last file.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: jwillbr.3187

jwillbr.3187

todays update sure is not fixed 3 hours and still stuck with 2 files remain, with a fast 0kb/s download way to fix it anet

Posted by: The Machialli.5624

The Machialli.5624

at this for four hours, cant get to log as instructed, cant download other language versions, this isnt worth it at every patch.

Posted by: CrimsonGhost.7169

CrimsonGhost.7169

yeeeeeep at this since 530pm its now 9pm 1file left 0kbps. tried deleting local.dat and repatching. tried the 174.35.56.164 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com line in the host file. still stays at 0kbps. gg anet.

Posted by: Tyrantis.8640

Tyrantis.8640

I can’t download at home. It has been stuck at 0-4 KB/sec with 2388 files remaining.

It has been like this since around 5pm central. I have restarted the launcher a few times.

This only started a few patches ago for me, but usually it kicks in and starts DLing faster at some point.

Any tips or things I can do to help would be much appreciated at this point. (other languages are just as slow)

CrimsonGhost.7169

here is my log

Attachments:

CrimsonGhost.7169

Posted by: Ateon.6251

Ateon.6251

I tried so many way for almost 12 hrs now and still nothing work.I think i gonna give up soon. Last time this happen is about a year ago, i uninstall it and quit this game.
(Just come back for few months…)

Typical supporter
BG Engineer

Posted by: tong.6908

tong.6908

I stuck at 1 file remainning . idk where’s the Customer Supports Team>>?? Did they read us comment?
Still not working . i think i gonna quit this game too. And will create hasshtag to the other that got same problem to stop playing Gw2 and dont supports NCsoft,Arenanet anymore

Posted by: Ateon.6251

Ateon.6251

Here’s my ticket #1140865, i hope you will fix it soon.It Satureday now and i wish i got some time to play it.

Typical supporter
BG Engineer

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

My ticket #1140902.

Sorrow’s Furnace US