Perm immobilized bug ????

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

Not sure if someone else met such problem too:
Sometimes, after you get immolized (by mobs or by players), even after the duration of immobilization (usually 2 sec), you can’t move at all by just using the direction keys (e.g. W, S, A, D), you were perm immobilized there unless you use some skills (e.g. teleport or leap) to unlock that status.
It not happens all the time, but sometimes it happens pretty often.
Anyone else has same issue ????

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Had that happen a couple of times. Re-logging clears it right up though.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: JadeZodiac.2196

JadeZodiac.2196

I have had this happen a TON. Probably about 8-10 times if I had to guess. Yeah, it’s REALLY annoying when it happens. Although fairly limited, I’ve seen a couple ways to get out of it without re-logging that I’ve found.

1. “Usually” teleport or leap skills will get you out of it successfully.
2. Mobs that fear will break you out of it.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Yeah it’s happened quite a few times over the months, can be caused by a variety of things.

I usually just spam jump/WASD and every key out there awhile swearing for about 10 seconds then it usually frees up.

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I had this happen to me before… it does happen a lot, but it happens. Then a Warrior comes and one shots me with hundred blades and tells me how skilled he is and how I should have used a stun breaker and dodged. Yeah, totally balanced.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I swear some of the npc immobilizing skills last alot longer than displayed. I often run into this where I am no-longer seeing immobilzation icon but still cant move. I end up moving after what seems like for ever when you have a mob on top of you.

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

I have had this happen a TON. Probably about 8-10 times if I had to guess. Yeah, it’s REALLY annoying when it happens. Although fairly limited, I’ve seen a couple ways to get out of it without re-logging that I’ve found.

1. “Usually” teleport or leap skills will get you out of it successfully.
2. Mobs that fear will break you out of it.

This is the same for me. Never been feared out of a lockup, but leap skills work great.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: khefka.2804

khefka.2804

Be careful with what skills you hit and how you hit them, you can also root yourself in place due to animation bugs.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Yeah. I got that sometimes.

It’s specially annoying in PvP, and since people brings lots of snares and cc to PvP, it happens to me more often than in PvE.

That and the right click selection is what keeps me from PvP the most. It’s frakking annoying when it happens, because you they take away from you key parts of the control.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

after some testing, I think I got it.
If you keep using direction key (e.g. W, S, A or D) more than twice during immobilization. (for example you click W twice or W then D), you will be perm immobilized.
I tested it with friend in spvp, everytime I did that I got perm immobilized.

You get into this situation more often in PVP becoz you push the direction keys more often than in pve.
So the best way to avoid it is —-— don’t click direction key until the duration of immo expired, otherwise = Tragedy.

BTW, use dodge during immobilization also give you a high chance of perm-immobilization. ~50% chance. no idea why.

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

BTW, use dodge during immobilization also give you a high chance of perm-immobilization. ~50% chance. no idea why.

I find this to be true as well. I also find that dodge doesn’t immediately break channelled attacks which is a killer when you have classes like Warriors one shotting you with hundred blades.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

this happens quite a lot and is really frustrating…. but can usually be cured with a gap-closer/blink skill. Often times you don’t have such a skill readily available to get you free, and must wait on a recharge or leave combat an equip such a skill.