Personal Story parts missing?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Okay guys, I managed to jump into the instance in question and this is what I see. Therefore, the Greatest Fear is intact.

I cant see attachment. Was it in Chapter 7 or 8? I can’t account for anything before that but I can only say when I entered chapter 7 I found everything scrambled and out of order. When I started chapter 8 is when I got Trahearne’s speech about Tonn… but I was not able to do Tonn’s event.

Actually, A Light in the Darkness is in Chapter 6.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Vyetta.3976

Vyetta.3976

Okay guys, I managed to jump into the instance in question and this is what I see. Therefore, the Greatest Fear is intact.

I cant see attachment. Was it in Chapter 7 or 8? I can’t account for anything before that but I can only say when I entered chapter 7 I found everything scrambled and out of order. When I started chapter 8 is when I got Trahearne’s speech about Tonn… but I was not able to do Tonn’s event.

I was still not able to do the event at all, it was moved to chapter 6? I don’t understand

Malkavian.4516

If this is an issue for only some people I’d like to give as much information as possible, I suppose

I play a Sylvari ranger and before the patch I had finished chapter 6. I was somewhere betweem 62-68 at the time of the patch. I picked as a fear “being the cause of someone’s suffering” or something to that effect, but didn’t get an event that went along with it. But I was still graced with Trahearne’s speech on Tonn’s death

Besides the greatest fear taken out I’d still like an explination on the scrambled chapters that make absolutely no sense. It skipped over so much and jumped around right to the cleansing after I took fort trinity. I saw Sayeh (or whatever her name is, water babe) before being introduced to her, but still my character acted as if they’d met before

Oh, the largos chick? Funny you should say that. Because I was confused at first about that the first time I played this game. Despite Trahearne introducing her to me, my character assumed that she and her have met before despite not being the case when I played Tonn’s storyline. If you played Apatia’s storyline, specifically the quest Wet Work, that is her formal introduction to your character prior to the cleansing of Orr.

As for the jumbled stories in the final chapter, I have yet to do those missions yet on my Ele so I can’t say much about it.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Malkavian.4516

I was still not able to do the event at all, it was moved to chapter 6? I don’t understand

Btw, if you are having trouble seeing the screenshot, can you see it from my tumblr page? http://malkavianrpg.tumblr.com/

And for the record, I haven’t been able to play the rest of the quests again to be sure as the player I joined in with had to do some stuff. But if I get in touch with him and did those quests again, I’ll provide more updates to support or probably counter my claim.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Vyetta.3976

Btw, if you are having trouble seeing the screenshot, can you see it from my tumblr page? http://malkavianrpg.tumblr.com/

And for the record, I haven’t been able to play the rest of the quests again to be sure as the player I joined in with had to do some stuff. But if I get in touch with him and did those quests again, I’ll provide more updates to support or probably counter my claim.

Ah yeah I can see it. That wasn’t what I had an issue with, though I didn’t do that before the patch. It’s good to know at least part of it is still there, but the event itself was missing from chapter 7 along with temple of lyssa up to the charr tanks/submarine events

Malkavian.4516

Hmmm…. really? That’s a different animal to me, Vyetta. I’ll try to get in touch with a friend of mine after I get some sleep to see if I encounter this problem with Apatia once again. This could take a while considering the choices you made should be made present in Chapter 7.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Vyetta.3976

Hmmm…. really? That’s a different animal to me, Vyetta. I’ll try to get in touch with a friend of mine after I get some sleep to see if I encounter this problem with Apatia once again. This could take a while considering the choices you made should be made present in Chapter 7.

Animal? Honestly if you’re still thinking I’m a troll I’m done here, I’m honestly trying to get help so I can continue to play

I hope you have better luck than I did. Have fun

Malkavian.4516

Animal? Honestly if you’re still thinking I’m a troll I’m done here, I’m honestly trying to get help so I can continue to play

No that’s not what I mean. By a whole new animal, I mean it’s different issue to me. No offense, man. And I am legitimately helping you out here and at the same time, confirming what I fear about the changes made.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

(edited by Malkavian.4516)

Vyetta.3976

No that’s not what I mean. By a whole new animal, I mean it’s different issue to me. No offense, man. And I am legitimately helping you out here and at the same time, confirming what I fear about the changes made.

It’s been a frustrating series of events both on tumblr and on the forums trying to get answers and having people think I’m a troll or someone trying to stirr up trouble.

I should have been more clear, I suppose. I’d only heard from others (the links you posted to the “fear arch missing” thread as well) that it was completely gone. I finished chapter 6 already before starting 7 after the patch. The tonn event is not there… I did this event on my other 80 before patch, which is the only reason I’m not crying out “Who the heck is tonn and when did he die!?”

Malkavian.4516

It’s been a frustrating series of events both on tumblr and on the forums trying to get answers and having people think I’m a troll or someone trying to stirr up trouble.

I should have been more clear, I suppose. I’d only heard from others (the links you posted to the “fear arch missing” thread as well) that it was completely gone. I finished chapter 6 already before starting 7 after the patch. The tonn event is not there… I did this event on my other 80 before patch, which is the only reason I’m not crying out “Who the heck is tonn and when did he die!?”

I don’t know if I can replicate the same experiences you had to see the issues myself. But I could, with some luck and time on my side try to join in my friend’s story instances again to see if I can come up with the similar issue as he chose the agony choice. Either result, I’d like to assume what you experienced was a major bug as a result of the rearranging of story quests to chapters.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Malkavian.4516

Oh and just to let you know, Chris of Anet is looking into this concern with Leah as indicated on this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Communicating-with-you/page/29#post4404335

Chances are this should be remedied once Anet looks into this matter.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Vyetta.3976

Oh and just to let you know, Chris of Anet is looking into this concern with Leah as indicated on this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Communicating-with-you/page/29#post4404335

Chances are this should be remedied once Anet looks into this matter.

Awesome, thank you for letting them know. I had no idea what to do besides bump this topikittenil a dev (that wasn’t Jeremy, since he seemed to not understand what was being asked) noticed it

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

So, the choice is still there, Malkavian, but did you go further to see if the missions are still there as opposed to just a choice that results in nothing?

Malkavian.4516

Not quite yet, Filaha. But I just might do that real soon.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Kris P Baykon.8496

Kris P Baykon.8496

I have a level 49 character that I play infrequently. I noticed today that I no longer have a green star on the map and my personal story is no longer showing int he content guide. WTF? Why should I have to track down obscure parts of release notes to continue playing the game? This is KITTENED!

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

I have a level 49 character that I play infrequently. I noticed today that I no longer have a green star on the map and my personal story is no longer showing int he content guide. WTF? Why should I have to track down obscure parts of release notes to continue playing the game? This is KITTENED!

As mentioned in the update notes, the stories are now in “chapters” that unlock every 10 levels. Once you hit L50 the next story chapter will unlock.

Posted by: Feid.8915

Feid.8915

I was wondering if anybody had noticed a problem I have in the Personal Story Journal? While I do find the loss of the Fear Arc missions annoying my problem comes from the the fact that my character never completed the cleansing of Orr but was currently on a mission that was considered part of chapter 8. As a result, even though I just completed the PS and killed Zhaitan I am not able to finish chapter 7 in my journal and chapter 8 isn’t even displayed, despite the fact that I followed the map pointers throughout the entirety of the chapter it still isn’t in my journal.

Posted by: ladyrio.5941

ladyrio.5941

I selected my “Fear” story line after the September release. The Tonn storyline was completely skipped and went directly to Battle at Fort Trinity after Forging the Pact. All characters acted as if I had done the story. If this is intentional, the continuity is completely gone. At least someone should have reviewed timelines and all dialog since you were re-arranging them completely. And if they did, well, they either don’t understand what continuity means or they didn’t care.

Not that this is the place for this, but I also want to request to have an in game option to skip hints. With a bunch of level 80 toons its now just annoying to have these pop up. I’m also VERY annoyed that I cannot harvest anything at the beginning of the game. I see no point in that what so ever.

Seems to me someone should have BETA tested this before release with all the problems its having and all the disgruntled customers.

Posted by: ihearwhos.1760

ihearwhos.1760

Help! My personal storyline is officially “broken”! I can’t progress at all & this is near the start of the game. Here are the details for my Sylvari>

Personal Storyline (my actual character level is 69):
Awakening (Level 10) Mender Aviala
“Speak to Mender Aviala” << is ticked

There is no green star on the map, no cutscene, no instances. Whenever I try to talk to the Mender Aviala she gives me normal dialogue options which lead nowhere. I’m at the point where you have to get the Troll Salve & its for the Moon Shield path. Can someone please look into this as I’m not alone and other players are having the exact same issue. Is there anything I can do to bypass this? Plz Help!!!

And yes I’ve tried relogging, patching to latest patch, rebooting. And I only see a green star if I’m not on the Caledon Map, but once I’m on the map the green star completely disappears altogether!

I have the same issue! Have you gotten it to work yet?

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

The new story line is really REALLY bad and makes absolutely no sense.
If you play the storyline before this horrible update (all 3 lines), you’ll know all the enemies you encounter because there are particular storylines related to those enemies after the Pact is formed. Now they just jump right out without any explanation and makes absolutely no sense.

Also, because you guys shifted the order without fixing the story-line on the specific characters, now my characters fight Zhaitan without ever cleansing the Orr because I was at fighting Zhaitan’s mouth storyline before this update. Now I totally didn’t cleanse Orr at all, then I gotta go straight up fighting Zhaitan?

The new story-line is buggy as hell and is such a BS story-telling.
You guys once again ruined your own game. You ruined PVP (Skyhammer), WvW (season 2), and now you’re ruining your PVE content too?

Posted by: Sibyl.6824

Sibyl.6824

It is the same as Vyetta says, for me.
This is a personal story mixer. For a game that pulls a lot of hipe on its storyline this is an utter disaster, in my opinion.
Good thing I had some PGs already at level 80 before the patch, otherwise I wouldn’t know how the events took place, in their logical order.
I hope for the game that this will be recognised as a mistake and reput in line.
Keep up the good work Devs, we don’t need themed chapters to know what we are doing, we need quality

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Almost 3 months has passed, a few shinny new patches has been released… and nothing, or at least no much, has been done to Personal Story so far… I have put my Personal Story in all chars in hold until something is done about it…

Posted by: HopelessOptimist.6298

HopelessOptimist.6298

I finished playing through my character’s personal story before the changes but recently joined a friend to play through hers, and the changes were driving me crazy! She was confused about who Tonn and Sayeh are, and it made no sense that we killed the Eye of Zhaitan and they made a comment about us having fought all the other eyes, when that hadn’t happened yet.

I understand that some of the story was cut out (which seems like a mistake IMO), but is there a reason the story had to be reordered so that it doesn’t even make sense now? It’s very frustrating. The story and lore is a big part of what drew me to GW2.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

“The previous way the story was ordered was too overwhelming for new players and we felt they could handle that..” Sarcasm self-testing completed :P

But seriously, I still fail to understand some reasons of why reordering the story like they did…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/NPE-Feedback-Merged-Please-read-1st-post/

Oh and let me refresh a thing… Please, just don’t make “amendments” or “mendings” in order to just cap holes… Revert it or rewrite it so that it makes more proper sense… (first way would be preferable).

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: Kisare of Cantha.2085

Kisare of Cantha.2085

I just wanted to add my voice: I second pretty much everything those who disagree with the update. This needs to be fixed.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Yeah, this is bad. It’s a horrible, disjointed mess. If they felt the need to reorganize it, which is fine, they need to pay attention to the details. Please revisit this and do it like it’s important enough to do right.

Posted by: HopelessOptimist.6298

HopelessOptimist.6298

Have we gotten a response on this yet? Maybe with the expansion they will fix this?