Please Fix Dodge

Please Fix Dodge

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

Can you please make the character dodge in the direction relative to the player?

A lot of times, my characters dodge in the direction they are facing rather than the direction my camera is pointed when I double tap in a certain direction.

For example, when fighting the Inquest Golem, if I want to dodge in the direction my camera is facing, I’ll press WW. But since my character is looking to the left, she’ll dodge forward relative to her (which is left for me), and I’ll end up in the electric field and die.

This has been going on for a long time but I don’t remember this problem a year ago when I started. I wonder if anyone else has this problem?

Thanks.

Please Fix Dodge

Posted by: High Lord Orion.9647

High Lord Orion.9647

I have experienced the same issue as OP. Very annoying.

Please Fix Dodge

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yes, I have just experienced it too while fighting the Wurm at Kessex Hills. That mob tosses something at you that’s even marked with a red circle on ground. When that red circle began to show up I tried to dodge and where my char went? Yeah it was toward the mob and where there already was a lot of other red circles that made me almost instantly downed (I was at full health when started dodging).

Please Fix Dodge

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

My engineer always dodges in the wrong direction.. instead of telling the character to dodge backwards, he dodges forward for some reason.. this happens after skill 5 of the Rifle Jump.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Please Fix Dodge

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Disabling double-tab to dodge in the options menu and assigning the dodge action to it’s own key will solve this problem.

Please Fix Dodge

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Disabling double-tab to dodge in the options menu and assigning the dodge action to it’s own key will solve this problem.

Not always, I dodge using an assigned key instead double-tapping and it occasionally dodges to the wrong direction.

Please Fix Dodge

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

i always fight with the right click of the mouse pressed. Then i use Q W and E to move. I literally never ever use A or D, that way all my dodges goes to where i want.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en espaƱol / Spanish raiding guides

Please Fix Dodge

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Not always, I dodge using an assigned key instead double-tapping and it occasionally dodges to the wrong direction.

That’s not happening with me,unless i do it myself on accident.

Please Fix Dodge

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

That’s not happening with me,unless i do it myself on accident.

Dodging occasionally does send you in the wrong direction, but it is unrelated to double-tap or its assigned key.

If you are immobilized, knocked down, frozen, at the surface of the water, etc…. and you try to dodge roll, as soon as you are free, and most of the time, you will do a default backwards dodge roll, regardless of which direction your character is facing.

Try this:
Swim to the surface of any body of water (so your skills disappear)…
push the key assigned to your dodge roll…

Then wait any number of seconds or minutes….

then navigate your character to shore.
(don’t jump up onto land… just swim onto shore)

See what happens.

Please Fix Dodge

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

Can we please dodge in the direction we double tap? I hate dodging into the lava or electrical field then dying.