PvE competition // Fiery Greatsword

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Wisp.2634

Wisp.2634

Dear Suppor Team!

I just want to speak some words about the “tournament” you also supported. I remember you told, your game should be playable for anyone with any builds. This competition is nothing you can agree. There should be no preference of what build the team using. All the world records and the speed runs is all about how to use the fourth skill of the conjured weapon, the fiery greatsowrd. I think its hard for you to admit, that you made a programming mistake with that skill. It has way too much damage, if you use it without a target towards a wall. I dont want to ask u to change the mechanics of this skill, BUT in a real competitive tournament you should not use game mechanics exploit.

Here is a youtube video link of this “exploit”, the intresting part starts after 1 min:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nka7cAy4Q08
I know it isnt mentioned as an exploit/bug, but come on, it has a way too much DMG!

On the other hand, i cant really belive that you support a tournament like this. This tournament is the opposite of your way of thinking, how this game can be or should be played!

Here is the link of the above mentioned tournament:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Death-and-Taxes-Competitive-PvE-Tournament/first

I hope you will take care about my suggestion. This tournament will be a joke, if you let them organise like this.

Thank you for the quick answer, because the registration time ends on June 21.

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

This has been brought up time and again, and the general consensus is that this isn’t an exploit, but it is something that will likely be changed in a balance pass. You’re using the skill in a completely intended manner, it just performs better than most other options, albeit on a 180 second cooldown.

Regardless, the existence of some balance issues shouldn’t stop a tournament from taking place. You see where Necromancer currently sits at the highest level of PvP, and they’ve completed one ToL and are about to start another.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Wisp.2634

No its still a game mechanics bug. They already fixed the Fiery Rush+teleport. Its just the same when you bug towards a wall. That’s why it doesnt work, while you have a target. This skill should leave a trail behind you, while moving towards. So if you stay in a spot, you should not overstack it. It should only proc once, or nothing at all.

Wisp.2634

And i forget to mention that this skill is way to OP, than anything else. The dungeon farmers waiting its cooldown, if they have to, because its still a way faster, to pull a boss or anything to a corner, and just Fiery Rush it, instead of doing anything else.

Da Sonic.6521

No its still a game mechanics bug. They already fixed the Fiery Rush+teleport. Its just the same when you bug towards a wall. That’s why it doesnt work, while you have a target. This skill should leave a trail behind you, while moving towards. So if you stay in a spot, you should not overstack it. It should only proc once, or nothing at all.

No, they fixed that because after you teleported, you stayed in one spot instead of continuing on with the rush. By design, the skill leaves a trail of fire behind you that does damage, and by running into a wall, you can have the traits of fire overlap. The reason it doesn’t work when you have a target is because there are two parts to the skill, the fiery trail that follows behind you, and the leap if you’re close enough to your target. By allowing the player to choose if they want a target or not, they allow the skill more versatility. You have a problem with the skill because it doesn’t seem balanced, and I completely agree, this skill in particular does need looking at, but I still disagree that it is an exploit or should have any impact on the current tournament.

And i forget to mention that this skill is way to OP, than anything else. The dungeon farmers waiting its cooldown, if they have to, because its still a way faster, to pull a boss or anything to a corner, and just Fiery Rush it, instead of doing anything else.

There are very few groups that will stop and wait for FGS to cooldown to start a boss, it would be a completely unnecessary waste of time to do so, and would be the the antithesis of farming.

Wisp.2634

No, they fixed that because after you teleported, you stayed in one spot instead of continuing on with the rush.

So if you stay in one spot (in the corner) and using the skill towards the wall, dont you use the same mechanics bug like the with the teleport?? They just fixed that already because you could use that on PvP too. For example your friend immobilized someone, and you FGS+teleport=insta kill.

There are very few groups that will stop and wait for FGS to cooldown to start a boss, it would be a completely unnecessary waste of time to do so, and would be the the antithesis of farming.

And yes, there will be situations, when a team will wait for its FGS cooldown. For example if they have 20-25 seconds of cooldown, they will wait for it because if they wait, the boss will die in seconds, and they couldnt kill it faster without using the FGS.

Wisp.2634

I dont want to argue with anybody. I just intrested how can ANET support a tournament like this. It will be a shame for them, when all the people will see on the tournament streams that they using a skill in an abnormal way, wich should be a bug in the game mechanics.

Still waiting for any answer from ANET.

Da Sonic.6521

In your opinion, is using Whirlwind Attack while against a wall a bug or exploit?
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirlwind_Attack

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Was this exact topic not brought up like 2 weeks ago in another section of the forums???

Anyway, the FGS is currently part of the meta, as every team that enters that comp set up by DnT can use it and has access to it, I would say it was fair play, if a team decides to use/not use it, its completely up to them,

If your complaining about the FGS, I noticed you didn’t complain about the seriously OP Icey Bow used to destroy the burrows in AC in 3 seconds, is that a bug or intended.

Way I see it, if something can be used by everyone/all teams then its fair game, ( and nope I don’t run ele, I don’t speed clear dungeons/fractals)

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

And here we go again…

It’s not an exploit, go away.

Wisp.2634

The ice bows aoe is working properly, the FGS fiery rush is not. About the warrios Whirlwind, that skill doesnt deal OP damage, and you can spin while you not moving, but you should not overstack a trail while not moving!

No more complains please, i just wrote on this forum, because ANET said it in email. Its not a discussion with you guys!

And from now, i dont care about anything you say, i only want an answer from ANET!!!

Posted by: eMKay.4028

eMKay.4028

ArenaNet has already congratulated players during Tequatl for destroying it’s wall using Fiery Rush. So there, you should have your answer.

The thing with FGS is that the 4th skill was designed with 2 functions in mind – rushing forward leaving a fiery trail and a leap. When no target is chosen, you run forward, and each step ticks for damage. That is the way you can deal huge damage while rushing towards the wall.

Is it however an exploit? Certainly not. It’s in my opinion a clever usage the skill mechanic. What would you like to happen? Of course nerf it and just sit there whacking the boss for a longer period of time. Looking at the video you provided it’s not all that easy to pull it off – the elementalist had to position himself cleverly and take advantage of the situation. That clever thinking and situational awerness has been rewarded by a huge amount of damage. By the design elementalists are the powerhouse of the game – by the design they are also the squishiest.

The problem is not with the skill but with the boss mechanics. You should ask yourself – will changing Fiery Rush do anything? What would be the purpose of that change other than making the fight last longer? The dungeons are currently boring – we have been doing the same content for almost 2 years now – making people to run them longer would just be…well..more boring. Nerfing FGS would not increase difficulty but make the battles more tedious.

As I have said – you should rather ask why does the boss allow itself to be pulled to corner and killed within seconds? That’s the problem you should talk about! If that is was not possible player would have to have the situational awereness and try to smack the boss against the wall to quickly use Fiery Rush. I must admit, currently it’s just too easy, but nerfing the skill won’t change anything. Again it will make, already extremely easy fights, LONGER!

Look at Fractal – the amount of moments when you can use Fiery Rush as easily as in Dungeons is minimal! Why? Different boss mechanics, not allowing themselves to be melted, etc.

Next time, please, before rambling about a skill and trying come out with some kind of frustration, try to thing about the problem in a bigger spectrum

(edited by eMKay.4028)

Posted by: Nemis.6874

Nemis.6874

Just to clerify some things. This meta build its just too powerful. You “skip” bosses and phases, on a way, what no team can follow you on, unless they dont have the 4 FGS, thats why it is OP! There is no way to produce the same DPS with any other team setup!

For a tournament its just unacceptable. There will be no competition at all! You will be watching on the streams wich team runs faster to corner.

Posted by: eMKay.4028

eMKay.4028

Nemis, I agree. However it’s not the problem of the skill but of the rules. In my opinion the usage of Fiery Rush should have been limited, for example to one boss per path or even forbidden furing the tournament. That way we would see many different possibilities of whacking the boss without that skill. Could be entertaining.

You have to understand, however, that it is the 1st contest of that type in GW2. DnT will take notice of the way the dungeons are ran during the comeptition and will adjust rules for future instalments. I am positive that they will see how boring it is to watch the dungs being ran with FR – they may as well forbid that next time

Posted by: Nemis.6874

Nemis.6874

I’m positive too. Just you know, this Conjured Weapon the everything. This players who maked the records and who maked the speed runs can’t play without this. If the Arena Net nerf or change this mechanic this players had some problem with dungeons. I hate the PvE dungeons because this everything: Stack,FGS,4 – You not need think, sorry i missed you need, because need some training run then you can speed run, however this meta not work everywhere, like HoTW P2-P3 Underwater. I really interesting how they do that (No speedrun record there). Anyway i just can say my opinion we tried this setup and cool and everything but if you want correct record you need run the same dungeon 100x in a row because some place many variable random things. But this players like a robot. They haven’t own skill, they are just same then the trained workers, if anything change they can’t. Like if they doing WvW/GvG they are can’t thinking because they can’t using the bugs and this OP spells, because they can’t stack or this things you know. Its just following one schema. Very respect that they did world record runs, but they ran 100x in a row when they found the perfect way, but they can’t repeat the perfect run maybe just almost. Too paper team one mistake or the boss doesnt move how they want then not work. I think the game has better meta setups not just only one setup who can do the speedruns. For example : CoF P1 5min09s with metasetup, but if you not using meta setup it 6min and it isn’t big different, and you can do every dungeon like underwater without FGS. You understand my examples? This interesting things, many change need in dungeons, because it isn’t best of in the game. Some liked Guild Wars 2 Alternative words: (Stack Wars 2, FGS Wars 2, Meta Wars 2). Arena Net said more times: We don’t want meta setups, we don’t want zerkers, We want different builds. Then keep their words and make something because it is bad yet. We have one thing whats the perfect in the game this is the WvW (with Guild ofc not the Zerging, you need skill here.)

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Simple fix:
Whenever using a movement skill against a wall, you will be slightly knocked back, interrupting the skill. (like rushing into Line of Warding, or Sanctuary)
This should override stability.

Posted by: Errant.1942

Errant.1942

OP seems to be under the impression that Anet has anything to do with the tournament. Other than giving gem cards to the winning and second placed team (a gesture that is immensely appreciated by the community), they have nothing to do with it. I think Grouch said something about helping with streams or something to that extent, but the organization is completely done by [DnT] and members of the dungeon community.

As for FGS being used in a tournament setting. As long as everyone has access to the skill, it’s fair game. Not to mention, in some cases the skill is actually used as a movement booster more than a DPS skill. Case in point although, not the most common example, still.

Not so Bright | Death and Taxes [DnT]

Wisp.2634

I only have problem with the usage of Fiery Rush to the walls. The “meta” is to have 2 eles for FGS. Thats why you should ban the usage of it, in this way. They only pick the 2 eles to have the FGS.

It’s in my opinion a clever usage the skill mechanic.

Ye but this clever usage ends up with: Everybody using this, and there will be nothing intrested on the streams. The only competiotion will be between the “meta” users, how to skip things faster, and dont fail the running parts. This tournaments last chance in my eyes, if there will be no dungeon paths with bosses you can pull to a corner.

Wisp.2634

I think it will be a shame for ANET if they are live streaming the game in this aspect. This is the PvE should be played? Stack more eles for FGS and kill in the corner? It will be a negative advertisement for the game.

They could do much better. And for the tournament is a shame too. This will say to the people, they should play like this.

Posted by: Errant.1942

Errant.1942

I only have problem with the usage of Fiery Rush to the walls. The “meta” is to have 2 eles for FGS. Thats why you should ban the usage of it, in this way. They only pick the 2 eles to have the FGS.

Unfortunately for you, but fortunately for us, that’s not your call to make. The tournament is being hosted by [DnT] and uses the restricted ruleset from gwscr.com, a ruleset agreed upon by the dungeon community. If you feel that the ruleset should be changed, feel free to bring it up to the attention of the gwscr.com team and have it up for debate. You whining on the forums isn’t going to achieve much.

I think it will be a shame for ANET if they are live streaming the game in this aspect. This is the PvE should be played? Stack more eles for FGS and kill in the corner? It will be a negative advertisement for the game.

They could do much better. And for the tournament is a shame too. This will say to the people, they should play like this.

Except Anet has nothing to do with the tournament or the streams, other than providing a gem price. That is all. This is a player-organized tournament. I don’t understand why you’re dragging Anet into this.

If you don’t like the use of FGS, don’t watch the streams. Also, there are other rules to make it more interesting. Not being able to rez defeated party members for example. Need I remind you that although FGS is high DPS when used against a wall, bringing 2 eles and making sure they don’t die isn’t going to be an evident task, since eles are pretty squishy. The tournament will be interesting in the sense that it’s going to provide a lot of risk/reward tactics.

Not so Bright | Death and Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: Abstract.9258

Abstract.9258

Not for the permanent fury or might stacking? news to me been playing this game all wrong so I should just put down fgs from now on and press 4…

Corrupted Thunder / Pay me for Stealth