PvP/Profession Bugs Effecting Gameplay

PvP/Profession Bugs Effecting Gameplay

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

There numerous bugs in GW2 pvp that have been around for a long time. HoT brought in a lot and many have yet to be addressed/fixed. Many of these are relevant outside pvp as well, however they influence pvp heavily, as they cause frustrations, internal class imbalances and in severe cases can win/lose games. Here are the main bugs:

1. Ressing off teammates deaths. That’s when you and your teammate are downed, one of you get’s deafeated and as a result you go back up. I did this last night. It still happens.
  2. Lack of indicator rings. Many of the new AoE abilities brought in from Heart of Thorns still lack a red ring if an enemy uses them, sometimes they’re white and sometimes they’re not even white if an ally uses them so you just don’t know. Such skills are Dragon’s Maw, Hunter’s Ward, Symbol of Energy, mesmer wells, Elemental Burst, etc. There are more, all of which have been documented in other forum posts.
  3. Profession bugs, or more specifically elite specs + rev bugs. Here Revenant’s for example small list that makes Jalis worse off than it already was. I report every bug when I find them, despite there not really being a section for them in the bug report option. These really effect balance.
  4. Non-animating abilities. Some abilities, namely dragonhunter ones, do not animate with a lower end graphics card. My new card shows them my old one does not. Combined with no rings, you can die without having a clue what killed you.
  5. Pull launching (when you use a pull skill on an enemy but the terrain is uneven and you launch them in the sky causing fall damage which can lead to an instant death). This one is friggen hilarious mind you but it is a bug. Almost any pull skill can do this but spear of justice does it the easiest.
  6. The stomping bug. If you don’t know this one, it’s been around since launch and on occasion a stop will not go through. The full animation will occur but the enemy player won’t be defeated. This one doesn’t happen too often so it’s not too severe, but it does happen. It just happened like 20min from post.
  7. The maps Battle of Champion’s Dusk, Skyhammer, Battle of Kyhlo and Spirit Watch haven’t been worked to work with HoT. For instance Super Speed and new teleports work with the orb, many elite spec/rev skills hit or are effected by the building objects in the other three maps, the pathing on new teleports can drop you down holes in Skyhammer, and the skyhammer itself is an attackable object.
  8. Z-Axis issues with new abilities. This is in all modes but when you see “no valid path to target” in pvp or if your ability doesn’t work at all it just gets you a little angrier than in pve.
  9. Final moments of death not recorded. If you die too fast in pvp the final abilities that killed you will not be recorded by the combat log/timeline, which can make it hard to figure out exactly what killed you.

I have ordered this in list of severity. Many of these issues have existed since the first beta of Heart of Thorn and others have been around since launch, so the specifics for item 3 should be stored wherever the client-side bug reports are stored.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz