PvP reward track -- daily cap

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Alex.3907

Alex.3907

I’m not entirely sure this is even a bug, but I’m having trouble understanding how or why this would be intentional, so here we go:

In custom arenas, progress in PvP reward tracks is capped at two tiers per day. Most of the time I do indeed find myself earning precisely two tiers per day, but occasionally, it will hit the cap just short of two tiers, often a mere sliver away from the final reward of that tier. (Every time this has happened, I’ve begun my day at exactly the beginning of a tier, so this isn’t a case of me being mistaken as to where it should be capping.)

I asked around ingame, and a few folks mentioned they had experienced this, but weren’t sure if it was a bug — though they couldn’t really explain why they thought it wasn’t a bug. I’ll admit, I get the feeling this is somehow my own fault, since it’s always capping juuuust before reaching the true cap, but I haven’t a clue as to what’s causing it to happen.

Any thoughts?

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

It’s happening to me too right now for the glorious track. Two days ago I was at 50% and yesterday it stopped at 74% instead of 75%. I’m sure today it’s gonna stop at 99%. There’s definitely an issue somewhere.

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

As far as i know people are abusing Custom Arena’s to farm PvP experience to gain levels, i assume this is also the case for reward tracks. If what i am saying is correct I don’t expect nor do in my opinion want a fix for this.

Alex.3907

As far as i know people are abusing Custom Arena’s to farm PvP experience to gain levels, i assume this is also the case for reward tracks. If what i am saying is correct I don’t expect nor do in my opinion want a fix for this.

The fact that there is a cap at all in custom arenas seems to be already intended to curb farming, so I don’t really see the point in deliberately making the cap arbitrarily smaller on random days. I think it’s a bug, and I think it should be fixed — if they want to further curb farming, then they should make the cap permanently smaller, or the rewards less lucrative.

Thing is, though, people will always farm. Though I think the rewards could use some tweaking to be less lucrative (it’s currently faster to unlock dungeon skins through PvP than it is by doing dungeons, for example), I think the current set-up minimises damage to PvPers as much as possible: all the farmers go to clearly-marked, farming-dedicated servers where they won’t make a mess of real matches; PvPers never have to go inside a farming server unless they choose to; and the daily cap is large enough that farmers won’t be drawn in huge numbers to solo arena.

In fact, one downside of this bug is that a farmer might end up doing a solo arena match just to get that last sliver they’re missing before their final reward of the day.

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

You are definately right in some of your statements i think, and i barely play PvP thus can’t discuss this with you nor create anymore arguments. Lets just hope this will be brought under developer attention and prioritized which i doubt for a while since there is a explosion of problems primarely with servers atm. Thank you for giving counter-argument, good luck!

Alex.3907

Heh, thank you. I understand this is unlikely to be prioritised, but I’d at least like to get it out there.

Or, see if any other players have discovered a work-around. I feel like there might be a way to avoid this, but I haven’t figured it out yet — if indeed there is a work-around.