in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

They are still ignoring the problem.

Ranger Pets Bugged [merged]

Blude.6812

Weekend here so at least another 72 hrs of dealing with this.
Thanks Anet.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

The guard function was the only straw left to have “some” control over it. Right now its a loose projectile. But i wont hold my breath this gets fixed “soon” knowing anet and “fixes”.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Serromus Jakta.3987

Serromus Jakta.3987

That’s Anet for you.. they have a hate relationship with rangers, remember the ranger CDI long ago? that’s a fine example of their caring for rangers.

Serromus Jakta.3987

We will fight for the cure to our pets! Rangers united!

Serromus Jakta.3987

Everyone, change your pet names and name them after something related to the bug issue! mine will be “This is Sparta”

Posted by: DieFinn.3594

DieFinn.3594

Up! For gods sake and the last hope. Maybe I am a little bit masochistic to hold hope up…

Posted by: SOULFLY.7942

SOULFLY.7942

another day without a word from anet about this bug … i guess we willl need to buy the expansion for the fix right?!?!?

SOULFLY.7942

im gonna call mine “anet doesnt care”

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

The team is aware of this issue, it was actually formally entered as a bug some days ago, and they will get a fix in place as soon as possible.

Also, just a note: When you see multiple threads on the forum about the same issue, it would be greatly appreciate if you’d flag them as duplicates. I became aware of the duplicates when someone pointed out that there were five (and I found a sixth) threads on the same subject. Please flag duplicate posts (by clicking the flag in the lower right). Also, please do not post identical comments in multiple posts, it just clogs down discussions and does nothing to aid in getting an issue resolved.

Thanks for understanding.

Fix this ASAP please

Yep, and please respond to one of many threads about this concern.
I can see these threads being merged and that would concern me too.

You suggestion is great: Respond to one of many threads. Good advice. As you can see, the threads were merged, and now we have a cacophony of repeated, often identical comments from the same players. So what you said is effective: Post on one thread on the subject. In addition, flagging the duplicates for merging would be helpful, too!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Friends, pls send a request for that;

https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

This is not something that merits or needs an individual support ticket. This is systemic issue, as is obvious in the various threads on the subject. Such issues should be reported in the game and, if desired, in the forums. But submitting tickets for this sort of thing created unnecessary time expenditures on the part of Customer Service and delays their ability to help players who truly need their assistance. Submitting in the game, using the gear in the upper left, then Support, then the bug report option gives the devs exactly what they need to know to replicate the bug and get it fixed.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

SOULFLY.7942

The team is aware of this issue, it was actually formally entered as a bug some days ago, and they will get a fix in place as soon as possible.

thanks Gaile for the update

Posted by: nickiehu.1674

nickiehu.1674

Wow after almost a week of silence, now finally someone had mercy with us. Haven’t played for almost a week now and I’m pretty mad -.- (Btw 2 lines about the real issue and 10 or so lines about multiple threads?!) This problem should have been addressed 3+ days ago.

Serromus Jakta.3987

Thanks a lot Gaile! i was beginning to grow hopeless and sad, this brings me a lot of relief

Posted by: Squeeks.8496

Squeeks.8496

Thank you, Gaile, for the confirmation. I was starting to fear disobedient pets would be the new “feature” to add challenge to ranger woes.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Thank u for looking in to this!

Kima & Co

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Wow after almost a week of silence, now finally someone had mercy with us. Haven’t played for almost a week now and I’m pretty mad -.- (Btw 2 lines about the real issue and 10 or so lines about multiple threads?!) This problem should have been addressed 3+ days ago.

Even when someone responds you still criticize. Why not giving credit for what they’ve done? A lot of problems have occurred and they fixed a ton of them within a reasonable time. It doesn’t help that there were multiple posts on the same issue.

Posted by: nickiehu.1674

nickiehu.1674

Yes, I do criticize, because ppl can say a lot without a proof. Maybe there were already to many disappointments in my “relationship” with ANet, but I cannot believe such confirmations until they actually DO patch. And with this issue, it took them just to long – like giving texture things etc more importance.

Blude.6812

Thanks for the response, the merge and the info that it is a bug that is being worked on.

Posted by: Gizeii.3781

Gizeii.3781

up
Only in the sake of forum space economy of course. So people would see our merged tread, because they creating new treads about this “will-get-a-fix-(hope-not-next-month)” bug.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

I must be one of the few, if not only person that doesn’t really care about this…though I guess it’s detrimental in WvW and Fractals, probably sPvP and Dungeons too, but it certainly isn’t harmful in PvE. For those that are kittening about this, if it was properly bugged in game…as it appears to have been, then there is nothing for you to really complain about. Proper procedure for a bug is to submit it in game, that will get faster response then posting it on the forums…it also means no one will get a response that it’s being worked on, which could take anywhere from a day to weeks to find the problem then fix it…after all, we’re dealing with 100,000’s if not a few million lines of code(yes, it should be fairly easy to pinpoint, unless it’s related to some other subset of the code, then it’s not so easy).

Serromus Jakta.3987

I must be one of the few, if not only person that doesn’t really care about this…though I guess it’s detrimental in WvW and Fractals, probably sPvP and Dungeons too, but it certainly isn’t harmful in PvE. For those that are kittening about this, if it was properly bugged in game…as it appears to have been, then there is nothing for you to really complain about. Proper procedure for a bug is to submit it in game, that will get faster response then posting it on the forums…it also means no one will get a response that it’s being worked on, which could take anywhere from a day to weeks to find the problem then fix it…after all, we’re dealing with 100,000’s if not a few million lines of code(yes, it should be fairly easy to pinpoint, unless it’s related to some other subset of the code, then it’s not so easy).

I appreciate your opinion in this matter, but most of the people that play ranger find this bug, breaking the mechanic of the profession itself, first you have the avoid combat for a reason and that is to order the pet to Avoid combat. Second i respect your opinion on this matter but i find your post a little condescending regarding this topic with all due respect. Third, i don’t see there is reason to keep debating and just adding more fuel to the fire now that Gaile has confirmed that it is a bug and that it will be fixed eventually.

Posted by: Diruuo.6314

Diruuo.6314

Bug aside can we get this as a third toggle? I would love a mode that makes pets attack what I attack, but not attack back when I get attacked. So if I want to avoid combat I just avoid combat, but if I want to hit things I don’t have to repeatedly mash F1 every time I change targets.

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

The team is aware of this issue, it was actually formally entered as a bug some days ago

We had no ways to know that unless someone from Anet actually told us they were aware of it.

I’m sorry to say that none of us can read Anet dev’s minds.

Posted by: Toxicity.5392

Toxicity.5392

When you fix this bug, give a button next to stow pet, “disable pet”. Stow is inadequate because getting hit once resummons it.

I farm more than a chinese gold seller.

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

In Gaile we trust :-p

I’m sure Gaile doesn’t want her pet (George) eating faces unless she tells him to … just like the rest of us with our pets :-p

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Blude.6812

Ah crap, no ranger pet love included with todays hot fix.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

My ranger is on the shelf until this is fixed.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: luckyfortune.5071

luckyfortune.5071

umm so, ranger pets are still broken…

[DERP] – Maguuma

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Funny thing it didn’t happen in the stress test there were different issues.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Gizeii.3781

any updates?
one bug-fix per week now?

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

any updates?

Give them time. To pinpoint an issue properly they need to run more tests.

I was wondering more what’s a better method of reporting bugs, in-game or here?

Blude.6812

any updates?

Give them time. To pinpoint an issue properly they need to run more tests.

I was wondering more what’s a better method of reporting bugs, in-game or here?

Sorry , if they got the time to introduce new gems store bling, they got the time to fix (imho).

As for reporting— do both.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Blude.6812

Hello, are you working on this? When can we expect the fix.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Just checked. Still broked.

You know, if it’s that big of an issue just give us perma-stow, then it’ll be a lot less of an issue

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

(edited by thefantasticg.3984)

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

Just checked. Still broked.

You know, if it’s that big of an issue just give us perma-stow, then it’ll be a lot less of an issue

About that, I too don’t see why we shouldn’t be able to stow pets until we want them to be at our side.

I see no reason why having a pet should be mandatory.

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

This has been causing a problem in pretty much every dungeon I’ve done where we had a ranger in the party. Hope it gets fixed soon.

[qT] Necro main.

Blude.6812

Gaile, how about an update?

SOULFLY.7942

maybe next week if were lucky

Gizeii.3781

You are not planning to leave it like that till next patch (14 april or so), do you?

Blude.6812

It’s the weekend again, no fix until next week now.
Really getting annoyed at how they are ignoring this and have RUINED the play on my main.

Posted by: luckyfortune.5071

luckyfortune.5071

^

Yeah, what the kitten Anet…

[DERP] – Maguuma

Posted by: tlenex.7901

tlenex.7901

ANet please, holidays gonna be soon and rangers have terribly broken ‘avoid combat’ pet mechanic

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hey, man, I feel your pain! It’s bad enough that the Guard/Avoid Combat option is NOT able to be “HOT KEY’d” so you have to click the kitten thing with your mouse button, but now it’s not able to be toggled at all.

And this isn’t fixed yet??? WT… -.-

—Still not fixed… So much is still so broken in WvW – not just Ranger pets, a LOT.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Also, just a note: When you see multiple threads on the forum about the same issue, it would be greatly appreciate if you’d flag them as duplicates. I became aware of the duplicates when someone pointed out that there were five (and I found a sixth) threads on the same subject. Please flag duplicate posts (by clicking the flag in the lower right). Also, please do not post identical comments in multiple posts, it just clogs down discussions and does nothing to aid in getting an issue resolved.

Thanks for understanding.

Fix this ASAP please

Yep, and please respond to one of many threads about this concern.
I can see these threads being merged and that would concern me too.

You suggestion is great: Respond to one of many threads. Good advice. As you can see, the threads were merged, and now we have a cacophony of repeated, often identical comments from the same players. So what you said is effective: Post on one thread on the subject. In addition, flagging the duplicates for merging would be helpful, too!

A week goes by. Yet another weekend. Yet another WvW reset without pets working. More dungeon groups kicking out Rangers summarily. More fractals failing with the major DPS in some groups useless or worse.

“Aware of the issue” tells the players who are being hurt absolutely nothing.

We begged for help – and we sent in-game and forum bug reports but they were ignored and have been until this very day.

All of you took off for your weekend and left us with a horrid mess, which in any other business would cost you quite a bit, but since there is no “fee” for playing, the only thing we can do is… nothing… we can’t play with our pets continually being aggressive, we just can not.

It’s totally incredible that right after telling us it was being worked on, players were then scolded for sending in tickets because we have been and are being put off.

We did pay for the game or games we play and it’s so unfair for this company which tells all “play the way you want to” to not allow any Ranger to play at all.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Check your pets again, it might have been a back end bug, as mine seem to be working as intended now, at least it doesn’t just randomly attack things as I run by they…as it was when the bug was first introduced.

DISCLAIMER – Not saying it was fixed without a notice, just saying that mine did Avoid Combat tonight, even when I was attacking something.

Posted by: tlenex.7901

tlenex.7901

@Zaklex.6308 What pet were you using? What map were you on when it happened?

Gizeii.3781

No, not working

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

My pets still go rogue all the time when in passive mode, pulling all sorts of mobs all over the place.

Blude.6812

Nope, pets still attacking in passive mode.