Ranger Pets Bugged [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Seriously… why the kitten haven’t the pets been fixed yet…

Low hanging fruit.

Someone should give them a swift kick in those fruit… I main(-ed) a ranger. Since that disastrous patch I’m not sure if it is present of past tense I should use. For my main and the game as a whole.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Sparetent.9756

Sparetent.9756

For the love of all that is green on this earth, fix this frikkin bug already!!

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

According to the patch notes this was fixed today. Still updating the game, anyone can confirm?

EDIT:
Yep it’s fixed

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

Finally fixed this long-overdue bug.

And completely ignored the “F2” pet skill bug! >.<

Ranger pets STILL attack when you use their ability, even when Passive. So again, you have to micro-manage the pet.

Personally, I never send my pet in to fight because they are absolutely USELESS and die instantly. It’s there to buff me with Might (Junglestalker) and heal me (Fern Hound) that’s all! I do not want my pet dying, it needs to remain at my side.

I am fed up of using it’s “F2” skill to gain a boon, and then having to spam “F3” over and over to recall it back to me so it doesn’t die instantly!

Why wasn’t this fixed?

Also, why can we still not hide pets in combat?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

Ranger pets STILL attack when you use their ability, even when Passive. So again, you have to micro-manage the pet.

Personally, I never send my pet in to fight because they are absolutely USELESS and die instantly. It’s there to buff me with Might (Junglestalker) and heal me (Fern Hound) that’s all! I do not want my pet dying, it needs to remain at my side.

I am fed up of using it’s “F2” skill to gain a boon, and then having to spam “F3” over and over to recall it back to me so it doesn’t die instantly!

Why wasn’t this fixed?

What you describe isn’t a bug imo, most F2 are damage abilities, it makes sense that the pet would continue auto attacking and using its other skills after it executes F2. The way you seem to want it would be the pet just executing the F2 regardless if it’s a damage or buffing ability and then returning to you. For most of the damage abilities (and those are the majority) that’s just a waste of pets’ and your time. If it’s already in range to use an F2 on a target it might as well continue attacking it.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

Why wasn’t this fixed?

the pet isn’t just meant to be your personal boon dispenser, if that’s how you use it you’re going to have to get used to spamming f3. if you have a logitech or razr mouse use a macro.

That which has no life.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Why wasn’t this fixed?

the pet isn’t just meant to be your personal boon dispenser, if that’s how you use it you’re going to have to get used to spamming f3. if you have a logitech or razr mouse use a macro.

Yeah, the F2 thing you describe isn’t a bug. It’s always been that way and is intended. It’s the same as you hitting one of your weapon skills and your auto attack continuing after.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Thanks for the fix included with the patch today.

Posted by: SOULFLY.7942

SOULFLY.7942

yyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

/me dances

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Anet, thanks for finally fixing this CLASS MECHANIC breakage from a month ago.

And I appreciate it. But you know… something like this that really impacts a core mechanism like a ranger’s pets not being able to be set to avoid combat should not take a month to fix. In all areas of the game – WvW, dungeons, fractals, (open world pve), sPvP, etc.. rangers were playing handicapped for far too long. And although the communication from Anet to the ranger community was there, it was slow and not as continuous as one would have liked to have had it.

Hopefully, in the future, when breakage of this magnitude happens, we’ll get faster and more continuous communication and a quicker fix than a month.

But, again, thanks!
-Sincerely,

Moonlight [THRU]

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

What you describe isn’t a bug imo, most F2 are damage abilities, it makes sense that the pet would continue auto attacking and using its other skills after it executes F2. The way you seem to want it would be the pet just executing the F2 regardless if it’s a damage or buffing ability and then returning to you. For most of the damage abilities (and those are the majority) that’s just a waste of pets’ and your time. If it’s already in range to use an F2 on a target it might as well continue attacking it.

If the pet is on “Avoid Combat” then sending it in to attack after using one of it’s skills contradicts the term ‘avoid combat’. If I decide to manually press “F1” (Attack) then yes, I expect the pet to charge in. But the rest of the time when it is on ‘avoid combat’ it should do exactly that, avoid combat.

Because something has been ignored since release, I classify it as a ‘bug’ now as that is the only way to get enough attention to get this resolved!

Anet, thanks for finally fixing this CLASS MECHANIC breakage from a month ago.

And I appreciate it. But you know… something like this that really impacts a core mechanism like a ranger’s pets not being able to be set to avoid combat should not take a month to fix. In all areas of the game – WvW, dungeons, fractals, (open world pve), sPvP, etc.. rangers were playing handicapped for far too long. And although the communication from Anet to the ranger community was there, it was slow and not as continuous as one would have liked to have had it.

Hopefully, in the future, when breakage of this magnitude happens, we’ll get faster and more continuous communication and a quicker fix than a month.

But, again, thanks!
-Sincerely,

Exactly!!

And if it took a month to fix, they had the chance to impliment some other much-needed changes for the pets.

Simple things like being able to dismiss your pet in combat. And not forcing the pet to attack when it’s on “avoid combat” and you use it’s “F2” utility skill!

This is just a reminder that those ‘bugs’ are still overlooked.

(edited by Rentapest.6503)