in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

(forum page 2 bug)

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Moment of Clarity does not double the daze duration of the storm spirit.

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Ltomato.8649

Ltomato.8649

“Light on your Feet:
Damage and condition duration is increased for a while after dodging. Short bow skills recharge faster and your arrows pierce.”

The tooltip says the duration is 4 seconds, but the duration in game is 3 seconds.

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

Enlargement isn’t showing any healing in the combat log.

Ranger bugs

Calanthe.3857

Lead the Wind doesn’t seem to increase longbow rate of attack.

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Indy.8540

Indy.8540

I don’t post here much, but there is a lot that needs addressed with ranger after this update.

1) Healing spring. Functioning as a trap, no longer functional as a proper cleanse, still does not heal your pet or allies. It only heals yourself. The fact that you can leave it laying around up to 4 times does not mitigate the fact that it no longer functions in its original capacity, nor does it change the fact that it does not heal your pet or allies.

2) Overall damage. Some of you may have noticed, other’s may have not, longbow for rangers took an enormous hit in damage. Berserker stat rangers have lost 50-75% damage on auto attack, and 25-50% damage on all other skills (both based on zone) as compared to pre-update. This is due to a combination of factors, one of which may very well be that stats are now being entirely based on equipment, with old un-needed soft caps still being in place that are not properly allowing stats to scale into damage, crit rate, and crit damage increases. The other being the loss of numerous flat damage buffs previously available through traits, the only ones still available being Steady Focus which, while potent, is kind of a bad thing to have up all the time as it requires you to not dodge ever, and Predator’s Onslaught, which requires the target to be under a movement-impairing condition, which we are generally not able to apply for more than a few seconds. Plus, Predator’s Onslaught being used means we cannot also have the cool-down reduction on longbow skills. Yes, there is a skill that gives a 10% boost after a dodge, but that is only for a few seconds. Not enough to makeup for the loss of other skills.

I post these both here as well as in the Ranger forum as these are huge HUGE issues that make a setup for Ranger’s unusable, and if the attempt is to force people to not play the game the way that they want, then what is the point of providing options?

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Shin Skysinger.1570

Shin Skysinger.1570

Underwater, the Spirits are suppose to sacrifice its life to activate a skill, but upon activating the skill just goes on a 5 second cool down and the Spirit (dolphins) do not die so it allows you to spam it every 5 second.

Ranger bugs

Posted by: iwatokage.5730

iwatokage.5730

Natural Healing isn’t working.
Pet doesn’t heal.

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

While not a bug, I figured I’d have as good a chance as any to get a response by posting it here aswell. It’s regarding our off-hand weapons and their range/radius,

I guess it ties neatly into the Clarion Bond fix which casts an off-hand weapon skill. That particular trait funnily enough casts the skill in a larger radius than the weapon skill version because all our weapon skill has had their range/radius butchered with no option to increase them.

In short, the radius/range from the old off-hand training should be made baseline.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Anet-address-this-Off-hand-radius-range/first#post5219525

(edited by Lazze.9870)

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Yes, the lack of offhand training makes some offhandskills pretty useless (especially whirling defense). It would be really nice to get this trait back somehow.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Image.8630

Image.8630

Since update, with Barrage rarely fires, I have to hit #5 like 4, 5 even 6 times before it activates. Even Rapid Fires has its moments of not wanting to fire. Noticed that ground target seems to not activate correctly on my Mesmer either but not as bad as Barrage.

Ranger bugs

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

big entangle problems:

post patch, entangle seems to be behaving very strangely. the roots tank over 6k damage (an entire maul crti for example doesn’t always kill the roots), very hard to break. condi clears also often don’t work, and im quite sure I got locked out of my abilities a few times too (without another source of CC, like taunt or fear, etc.)

(edited by mistsim.2748)

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Anandira.8756

Anandira.8756

I imagine this has been posted in here already but just in case… Traits affecting shouts do not affect the healing skill “Heal as One” which is now a shout. A fix would be lovely

Recruiting for raid team here.

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Beastmastery grandmaster trait with taunt bypasses invulnerability, evasion, blocking, anything, plz fix

Ranger bugs

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Beastmastery grandmaster trait with taunt bypasses invulnerability, evasion, blocking, anything, plz fix

And you’re sure this is a bug, and not working as intended?

Also, a question to the devs – why is it that you’re so quick to fix ‘bugs’ that works to our advantage, like the clarion bond one, while things that are to our disadvantage seems to have a very low priority? To name but one example, healing spring doesn’t heal the pet. Shouldn’t this be a critical bug that needs to be fixed like, you know, yesterday?

I would also love if the devs would be a bit more talkative, and provide feedback a bit more in threads like this.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Ranger bugs

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Shouldn’t Clarion Bond’s internal cooldown sync with the cooldown of pet swap (20 seconds). Also there is no tool tip stating cool down on that trait.

Right now Clarion Bond doesn’t always trigger when you swap pets because the cool down is more than the cool down for pet swap. I’d like to see the cool down on that trait reduced to match the petswap recharge since it’s meant to be used with pet swap.

Thanks!

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

actually it does, but with a trick.

the quick draw buff lasts 5 seconds.
whirling defense channels for 5 seconds.

BUT… the channel has to complete before the buff wears off, in order to proc the reduced cooldown.

i tested this by doing the following:
i let the channel complete: the cooldown of whirling defense ended up normal
i interrupted the channel early, either by moving, or casting another skill before the quick draw buff faded: whirling defenses had a much shorter cooldown.

tl;dr:

to get the reduced cooldown from quick draw, the skill must finish casting before the quick draw buff ends. you can interrupt the channel to get the reduced cooldown.

– The Baconnaire

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

PS: Natural Healing trait gives no indication in the tooltip how often the heal is supposed to proc. is it every second? every 10 seconds? the tooltip doesn’t say. so how am i supposed to test it properly?

PS, further testing of the trait has yielded the same results for me as before: no floating green numbers, no combat log entries, and no increase of the number on my pet’s healthbar during combat.

– The Baconnaire

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

-Two handed-training: says 50% on hit to gain fury, but multiple times it took me 7-8 hits to proc fury, is it actually 50% on crit..? with internal cd..?

-Remorseless: Opening strike only applies to pet, unless pet is in avoid combat mode

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Dragon Ruler X.8512

Dragon Ruler X.8512

I think I put this in the wrong forum so here is the link:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Quick-Draw-Axe-Timing-Issue/first#post5223297

Content:

Not that this is a big deal, but I thought it’d be fair to make a note of this.

Note: I am also assuming this was not an intentional thing – I could be wrong.

All Ranger weapon skills other than Whirling Defense get treated equally by Quick Draw. Quick Draw is an amazing skill, but it only lasts for 5 seconds – which is a problem if you try to use Whirling Defense since that skill lasts for 5 seconds. This wouldn’t be a problem if the game recognized that you used the skill based on activation, but instead it only notes it if it “completed” its activation.

There are 2 things that I can think of to fix this.
1) Increase the time from 5 seconds to 6 seconds (or 7→9 for time for other skills).
2) Make Quick Draw recognize skill activation rather than completion.

Anyways I just wanted to make people aware of this possible oversight.

Cheers!

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

And you’re sure this is a bug, and not working as intended?

Also, a question to the devs – why is it that you’re so quick to fix ‘bugs’ that works to our advantage, like the clarion bond one, while things that are to our disadvantage seems to have a very low priority? To name but one example, healing spring doesn’t heal the pet. Shouldn’t this be a critical bug that needs to be fixed like, you know, yesterday?

I would also love if the devs would be a bit more talkative, and provide feedback a bit more in threads like this.

Taunt is a condition, its function is really close to fear and so the chance that this is not intended is really big. And it can’t be wrong to call it here, if this is working as intended, Anet won’t fix it, if it isn’t, they will.

About the bug fixing: Anet is trying their best for sure, but there are bugs which can be fixed really quick (like Clarion Bond) and some which can’t for example if Anet isn’t finding the failure in the code which causes the bug.

(edited by Kodama.6453)

Ranger bugs

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Taunt is a condition, its function is really close to fear and so the chance that this is not intended is really big. And it can’t be wrong to call it here, if this is working as intended, Anet won’t fix it, if it isn’t, they will.

About the bug fixing: Anet is trying their best for sure, but there are bugs which can be fixed really quick (like Clarion Bond) and some which can’t for example if Anet isn’t finding the failure in the code which causes the bug.

Taunt isn’t a condition. It’s a status effect like daze and stun. You cannot cleanse it with condi removal but you can stunbreak it.

Leman

Ranger bugs

Kodama.6453

Taunt isn’t a condition. It’s a status effect like daze and stun. You cannot cleanse it with condi removal but you can stunbreak it.

It isn’t? ô.o
But wasn’t it supposed to be? I don’t know the source anymore, but I’m sure the devs said it will be a condition just like fear.

Ranger bugs

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Please clarify “Entangle” since I use it, I can see the icon (so I know it went off ON the person) but they still come at me full speed and the immobilize didn’t work at all.

If the icon is there, shouldn’t it have some effect?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Ranger bugs

Kodama.6453

Please clarify “Entangle” since I use it, I can see the icon (so I know it went off ON the person) but they still come at me full speed and the immobilize didn’t work at all.

Did you fight an engineer? The trait transmute (converting one incoming condition into a boon, 15icd) would convert the first tick of immob into swiftness and the engineer runs through the vines before the second tick comes in. That way he wouldn’t get caught. Or did you fight someone who had resistance?

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Soften the Fall is also BUGGED

Let me first say that the taking 50% less falling damage part of Soften the Fall seems to work correctly. However…

The first time you fall/jump from a sufficient height to take falling damage, Muddy Terrain procs (activates) correctly. The problem is that the Muddy Terrain part of Soften the Fall goes on a 25 second cool down as if you had just used the utility skill. This shouldn’t be happening and it’s not the way it worked pre-June 23rd-patch; the Muddy Terrain part of Soften the Fall was not on a CD if triggered by Soften the Fall.

Anet please fix this. I use Soften the Fall’s Muddy Terrain effect offensively in WvW combat.

NOTE: I can confirm that Warrior’s Death From Above’s Launch effect is triggering correctly (no CD), and I suspect the similar skills of other professions are working correctly if not also bugged.

Thank you,

Moonlight [THRU]

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Wilting Strike does not work w/Brown Bear. Seems to work with the rest of the bears.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Icewolfnector.1487

Icewolfnector.1487

2) In final (23 june) realease notes it is said:
“Hidden Barbs: Bleeding you cause deals 33% more damage.”
But INGAME it is 20%.

I bet this isn’t a bug and they just nerfed it without changing the patchnotes…sigh

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

“Sic ’Em!”, bugged clear’s soon as you use F1-3 key, only Revealed is working.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Ranger bugs

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Did you fight an engineer? The trait transmute (converting one incoming condition into a boon, 15icd) would convert the first tick of immob into swiftness and the engineer runs through the vines before the second tick comes in. That way he wouldn’t get caught. Or did you fight someone who had resistance?

No, it was a warrior.

The icon went off, and if “unblockable” means anything, then we’re all being played.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Ranger bugs

Kodama.6453

No, it was a warrior.

The icon went off, and if “unblockable” means anything, then we’re all being played.

If it was a warrior there are 2 possibilities how he did that. Warriors got resistance using their healing signet. But it is very unlikely he did use it at this time. The other is he was in berserker stance. That would mean he is immune to conditions as immob and can run through the vines. I just want to show that it didn’t has to be a bug. It has to get tested.

And non blockable doesn’t mean anything, that skill can be dodged and if your skill is inflicting a condition but the enemy is immune to onditions he wouldn’t get effected by it.

But back to topi: I want to address a long known bug: rangers long bow has a muh larger effective range (more than the addressed 1500)

Ranger bugs

Posted by: sleight.9638

sleight.9638

Spirit of Nature does not scale with healing power.
I can see if this is intentionally but why does Guardians Signet of Courage scale then?

Signet of Courage is a passive. Spirit of Nature on the other hand has a channeling time which can be and IS often interrupted. Also once Spirit of Nature is Up it can be killed really easy. (One hit by engies – so much for the promised Spirit Buffing). You should consider rebalancing this.

(edited by sleight.9638)

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Adamarius.7549

Adamarius.7549

Hello ! I am just wondering why there is no patch for improving Healing Spring Trap working with Superiror Rune of Trapper ?

In answer to my ticket at first you said that fixing this is complicated thing and you need time to deal with. I was surprised when found out in GW2 Wiki new words at SRoTrapper description:
“The skill Healing Spring does not trigger the rune’s effects.”

I want some of GMs to answer If it was the result of laziness or what ?!

Maybe it is time guys to find any way out? Because after you increased recharge time for Spike Trap to 45 sec (36 with trait) and removed ground targeting, the mechanic of trappers changed and another 3 sec of stealth from HS would be very necessary.

Or think about making Rune of Trapper stealth bonus 4 sec instead of 3 sec.
Even mesmers has more stealth time now.

I will keep bombing you with my tickets and letters untill you pay an attention to this.

+1000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rune of Trapper must be reinvented according to new Spike Trap recharge time !

Ranger bugs

Posted by: rollnb.8346

rollnb.8346

I didnt know that they decided to pretend it’s not a bug. Very sad.

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

Hello ! I am just wondering why there is no patch for improving Healing Spring Trap working with Superiror Rune of Trapper ?

In answer to my ticket at first you said that fixing this is complicated thing and you need time to deal with. I was surprised when found out in GW2 Wiki new words at SRoTrapper description:
“The skill Healing Spring does not trigger the rune’s effects.”

I want some of GMs to answer If it was the result of laziness or what ?!

Maybe it is time guys to find any way out? Because after you increased recharge time for Spike Trap to 45 sec (36 with trait) and removed ground targeting, the mechanic of trappers changed and another 3 sec of stealth from HS would be very necessary.

Or think about making Rune of Trapper stealth bonus 4 sec instead of 3 sec.
Even mesmers has more stealth time now.

I will keep bombing you with my tickets and letters untill you pay an attention to this.

Please don’t spam them with tickets, it only makes it take longer for them to address the issues. It’s the definition of counterproductive. I’m positive rangers would prefer not to delay their fixes. Thanks.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Ranger bugs

Calanthe.3857

Remorseless isn’t causing Opening Strike all the time.

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Bug – Hilt Bash, has the range of 300 but only lands the attack within 150 range.

I’ve tested vs the Auto-Attack and Maul, Maul has 220 range and Hilt Bash 300, Hilt Bash can’t hit from 220 range it seems to have same range as auto attack.

Please fix.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Ranger bugs

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Bug – Hilt Bash, has the range of 300 but only lands the attack within 150 range.

I’ve tested vs the Auto-Attack and Maul, Maul has 220 range and Hilt Bash 300, Hilt Bash can’t hit from 220 range it seems to have same range as auto attack.

Please fix.

Additionally, Hilt Bash should have the same functionality of slowed-down movement as Staggering Blow.

Leman

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Greywords.5089

Greywords.5089

In addition to the bug mentioned earlier where “We Heal As One” and “Strength Of The Pack” are not getting benefit from Soldier runes, they also are not proccing the Regeneration or Swiftness from the Resounding Timbre trait in Beastmastery

Ranger bugs

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

So, are you guys looking into the pet stat issue? Pets pretty much have the same stats as before the patch. They supposed to gain 150 and get another 150 if specced into BM, they are not getting these.

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Syreas.8403

Syreas.8403

“Light on your Feet:
Damage and condition duration is increased for a while after dodging. Short bow skills recharge faster and your arrows pierce.”

“On Dodge” is supposed to last for four seconds, but I’m only seeing this apply for two seconds. I originally thought that maybe the four seconds included the roll, (which would be bad too), but the effect IS correctly applied at the end of the roll… it just lasts for two seconds.

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Vendetta.1958

Vendetta.1958

Light On Your Feet only gives 3 seconds of the effect, rather than the advertised 4.

I’ll upload a video in a few hours of it, the timer starts at 2 seconds, so including the 0 second tick, it’s only up for a total of three seconds per dodge roll.

Veypa Windclaw
Fanciest Charr OCX
Mreow – [HD]

Ranger bugs

Vendetta.1958

Here’s a video of the bug, it is clearly not four seconds. I did this for about 45 minutes tonight with a stopwatch out, and the buff definitely only lasts 3 seconds after a dodge roll.

Veypa Windclaw
Fanciest Charr OCX
Mreow – [HD]

Ranger bugs

Vendetta.1958

Bump for LOYF fix

Veypa Windclaw
Fanciest Charr OCX
Mreow – [HD]

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Eurus.9736

Eurus.9736

Apart from all the other bugs:

“Go for the eye” – that’s Beastmastery Trait I doesn’t proc on the pet, when the ranger is in downstate.
The same happens for “Wilting strike” and “Beastly Warden” (nr 4 and 7 respectively).

I don’t understand why the traits do nothing when the ranger is in downstate? Its like the pet can’t hear commands anymore, or what?

Note that the Fear condition of the wolf is always applied, even if the ranger gives the F2 – Command in downstate!

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Maybe this has been brought up already, either way. The new shouts We Heal as One and Strength of the Pack do not apply the boons Resounding Timbre is adding if traited.

Ranger bugs

Posted by: gtg.7208

gtg.7208

Not sure if it is a bug. When ranger’s pet activates F2, the pet becomes aggressive even when it is in avoid combat mode.

I only need boons from certain pets and want it to stay avoid combat when F2 is activated.

Ranger bugs

Krypto.2069

*QUICK DRAW with LEAD the WIND Synergy Broken/Bugged… It’s more than just with PBS… see my follow up post below this one!*

Point Blank Shot with Quick Draw “AND WITH” Lead The Wind… BUGGED!

When you have Lead the Wind traited, Point Blank Shot’s CD is reduced from 15 seconds to 12 seconds.

Now, with Quick Draw also traited (so you’ve got Lead the Wind and Quick Draw traited), if you engage combat with some other weapon, i.e. Great sword, and then switch to Long Bow and immediately use Point Blank Shot, it’s CD is 5 seconds but it should be 4 seconds.

Conclusion: Quick Draw (which reduces the first skill’s CD by 66% that’s used after a weapon swap in combat) is mistakenly using the original 15s CD in its formula as if Lead the Wind is not traited.

In competitive play (PVP, WvW) that 1 second longer CD on PBS can make or break a fight, especially since PBS is a knockback/interrupt.

Anet please fix.

Thank you,

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

Ranger bugs

Krypto.2069

Point Blank Shot with Quick Draw “AND WITH” Lead The Wind… BUGGED!

When you have Lead the Wind traited, Point Blank Shot’s CD is reduced from 15 seconds to 12 seconds.

Now, with Quick Draw also traited (so you’ve got Lead the Wind and Quick Draw traited), if you engage combat with some other weapon, i.e. Great sword, and then switch to Long Bow and immediately use Point Blank Shot, its CD is 5 seconds but it should be 4 seconds.

Conclusion: Quick Draw (which reduces the first skill’s CD by 66% that’s used after a weapon swap in combat) is mistakenly using the original 15s CD in its formula as if Lead the Wind is not traited.

In competitive play (PVP, WvW) that 1 second longer CD on PBS can make or break a fight, especially since PBS is a knockback/interrupt.

Anet please fix.

Thank you,

Ok, just did some more testing with Quick Draw and Lead the Wind traited with using LongBow…

Quick Draw never takes the lowered CD value of the LongBow skills from Lead the Wind into consideration when it’s applying its -66% CD reduction!!!

The synergy between Quick Draw and Lead the Wind is BROKEN.

IMO… this is HUGE!

Moonlight [THRU]

Ranger bugs

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

Just thought I’d mention Healing Spring is still broken – still not healing the ranger pet as intended.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat