Rangers can use Pet abilities while downed

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

This is obviously a bug, as a thief cant use steal, necros cant use DS.. etc when downed.

If you cant see it on the screen while downed, you shouldnt be able to use it.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

This is obviously a bug, as a thief cant use steal, necros cant use DS.. etc when downed.

Hmm… did a ranger that you downed use his wolf pet’s F2 fear on you and then call his wolf to him to help rez his master??

I don’t know what you’re talking about. That’s utter madness and could never happen!

Moonlight [THRU]

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

LOL—owned

Attachments:

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Be more mature you two.

Just reporting a bug.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Blude.6812

By saying it is ‘obviously a bug’ shows you don’t unerstand it is working as intended and it is not a bug. And then you suggest it should be nerfed, by it’s removal.
I have always been able to use pet to heal myself in a downed state as well allowing pet to finish the attack. It is, after, all a trained LIVE animal working independently, not an illusion or minion.
Sorry, can’t agree with the whine.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m not sure how this is a bug. If the player starts the pet attack before being downed, then the pet will do it, as long as it’s not interrupted; the player going down doesn’t and shouldn’t stop it.

Posted by: Powerfat.7294

Powerfat.7294

Rangers have full control of their pets while downed if you use hotkeys, don’t know if its a bug or working as intended.

Blude.6812

It IS NOT a bug!!!!!

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Players are able to pet swap and use their pet skills in downed state.

Regardless of if this is or isn’t overpowered, I feel like this is an oversight and should be altered to maintain uniformity between classes in down-state.

Blude.6812

Regardless of if this is or isn’t overpowered, I feel like this is an oversight and should be altered to maintain uniformity between classes in down-state.

So now the agenda is to nerf a profession.
Time to move or lock this thread, please.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

It has always been this way and is part of playing the duality of the Ranger/Pet. They’re a separate entity you have to control while you’re playing and that doesn’t fly out the window just b/c you’re downed. IT IS YOUR COMPANION! There are even traits that improve pets when you’re downed!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There are even traits that improve pets when you’re downed!

That.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This is not a bug.

The bug is that you can’t see the pet’s controls while downed.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

How about if we rephrase the original post in a more neutral fashion:

Is it intended behavior that Rangers are the only class that can use their profession skills (aka F1-F4 skills) while downed?

I could see a case for ANet replying “yes,” “no,” or even, “sort of.” I can’t see that the answer is obvious.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

TheBlackLeech.9360

So now the agenda is to nerf a profession.
Time to move or lock this thread, please.

I’m not sure why my response upset you, but that was not my intention. Just to elaborate a bit more, I would like to express how important it is for all classes to have a separate but equal downed state.

Having the ability to pet swap and execute pet skills essentially puts two additional skills into the hands of every downed-state ranger — One for each pet.

While that may or may not sound fair to you, I want you to realize that it is an unfair advantage that the ranger has over all of the other professions in the game.

In addition, this oversight can be used in conjunction with traits which lengthen conditions, essentially allowing for some pretty unfair downed state fights.
(I’m talking about wolf fear and the pets which apply immobilize)

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Blude.6812

And Again, it appears only to bother you. I’ve been playing a ranger for over 2 years and this has never been considered a problem before( that I can recall) and if it has it’s been dismissed since it is still working as intended.
Adding the ‘suggestion’ as a bug or obvious oversite (kinda of putting the devs down) instead of using the suggestion or the profession discussion areas appears to be and attempt to get a devs attention for a nerf.
Btw , in my experiece and usage, Rangers are more likely to use 3 (not F keys) to assist recovery from downed state.

TheBlackLeech.9360

And Again, it appears only to bother you. I’ve been playing a ranger for over 2 years and this has never been considered a problem before( that I can recall) and if it has it’s been dismissed since it is still working as intended.
Adding the ‘suggestion’ as a bug or obvious oversite (kinda of putting the devs down) instead of using the suggestion or the profession discussion areas appears to be and attempt to get a devs attention for a nerf.
Btw , in my experiece and usage, Rangers are more likely to use 3 (not F keys) to assist recovery from downed state.

Haha…. I understand now.
You don’t PvP!

I think you fail to realize how overpowered this is in pvp, and thinking about the aforementioned in relation to pvp might change your opinion immediately.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Posted by: thekap.8645

thekap.8645

ultimately this goes back to the fact that downed skills are broken. I have an 80 of every class, i started with main ranger. Downed skills should not be class specific and all skills should be disabled while downed except for the downed skills. The downed skills should be identical across all classes. an attack, an interrupt, and a self heal. done all downed problems fixed for all areas of the game.

Calidorne – L80 Ranger – Commander

Blude.6812

Haha…. I understand now.
You don’t PvP!

I think you fail to realize how overpowered this is in pvp, and thinking about the aforementioned in relation to pvp might change your opinion immediately.

And if they turned off downed state in PvP-you just die-fine—-but don’t attempt to ruin the rest of the game to make it easier for you in a separate part of the game. Additionally you could make it a practice NOT to PvP with a ranger so you wouldn’t get owned, until you learned to counter. Lastly you could have, no, you should have posted in the PvP section and this conversation would not be taking place.

(edited by Blude.6812)

TheBlackLeech.9360

Haha…. I understand now.
You don’t PvP!

And if they turned off downed state in PvP-you just die-fine—-but don’t attempt to ruin the rest of the game to make it easier for you in separate part of the game. And then you could make it a practice NOT to PvP with a ranger so you wouldn’t get owned, learn to counter. And of course you could have, no, you should have posted in the PvP section.

I didn’t make this thread, dude.

But the bottom line is, nobody cares about balance for pve….. and you are arguing your side like everyone in this thread is talking about pve.

Nobody is trying to ruin the game for pve rangers…. but they have unfair advantages in pvp.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I didn’t even know that this was an option until now!!
Time to go be even more OP in PvP now :P

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Blude.6812

Haha…. I understand now.
You don’t PvP!

And if they turned off downed state in PvP-you just die-fine—-but don’t attempt to ruin the rest of the game to make it easier for you in separate part of the game. And then you could make it a practice NOT to PvP with a ranger so you wouldn’t get owned, learn to counter. And of course you could have, no, you should have posted in the PvP section.

I didn’t make this thread, dude.

But the bottom line is, nobody cares about balance for pve….. and you are arguing your side like everyone in this thread is talking about pve.

Nobody is trying to ruin the game for pve rangers…. but they have unfair advantages in pvp.

My apologies!!!!!!!! My bad! Sorry. I guess the op threw out his line, got a few hooked and moved on.
The op started off with a badly concieved and ambiguous post. Generalities contribute to confusion and misunderstanding(like “nobody cares about” who can speak for all???? Some do!!! lol).
That being said just eliminate downed state in PvP, instant death for all. Simple.

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I’m not sure why my response upset you, but that was not my intention. Just to elaborate a bit more, I would like to express how important it is for all classes to have a separate but equal downed state.

Having the ability to pet swap and execute pet skills essentially puts two additional skills into the hands of every downed-state ranger — One for each pet.

While that may or may not sound fair to you, I want you to realize that it is an unfair advantage that the ranger has over all of the other professions in the game.

In addition, this oversight can be used in conjunction with traits which lengthen conditions, essentially allowing for some pretty unfair downed state fights.

“Unfair” is an opinion. That’s like saying I think warrior’s vengeance is an unfair advantage that the warrior has over all of the other professions in the game, or that eles downed state 2 is unfair because they can move into water or into keeps when they’re downed in WvW.

Every class is different. They all have different skills, strengths, and weaknesses. If you want a game where every player has access to the same exact skills as the next, GW2 isn’t for you.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

TheBlackLeech.9360

“Unfair” is an opinion. That’s like saying I think warrior’s vengeance is an unfair advantage that the warrior has over all of the other professions in the game, or that eles downed state 2 is unfair because they can move into water or into keeps when they’re downed in WvW.

Every class is different. They all have different skills, strengths, and weaknesses. If you want a game where every player has access to the same exact skills as the next, GW2 isn’t for you.

Unfair is not an opinion.

They have two additional skills at their disposal, both of which can be used to hinder an opponent who is attempting to get a stomp.

Imagine a scale where the abilities you have in downed state all have a weight.

The ranger’s downed state would weigh more than all of the other classes, hands down.

That is why it is unfair.

It is clearly an oversight.

Anyone arguing the opposite plays ranger and is afraid of a nerf.

There is nothing opinionated about the labeling of having an additional interrupt and stun/immobilize in downed state as over powered.

Posted by: V Man.8512

V Man.8512

Don’t change this. It’s good as it is.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yep rangers can give commands to their pets even when theyre downed. Just like a thief can port or whatever being downed and eles can use mistform? to get to another position.

Working as intended and if you have troubles with the pet ress, simply put a banner in the rangers kitten .

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Blude.6812

Yep rangers can give commands to their pets even when theyre downed. Just like a thief can port or whatever being downed and eles can use mistform? to get to another position.

Working as intended and if you have troubles with the pet ress, simply put a banner in the rangers kitten .

+1 —truth!!!!

Blude.6812

So you talked to dev or you are part of the the team????
It is your opinion only.

Mine is it’s working as intended.!!!

Offair has it right!!

TheBlackLeech.9360

So you talked to dev or you are part of the the team????
It is your opinion only.

Mine is it’s working as intended.!!!

Offair has it right!!

Given Anet’s track record, and the history of ranger in PvP, it would come as no surprise that they completely missed these mechanics.

Ranger down state is balanced— brought to you by the same people who gave you:
That ranger’s pet chased me all the way across the map.
We can’t figure out how to nerf underwater pet res, so we removed an entire map from pvp rotation.
Spiderbear – The ranger pet who loves to climb up walls in WvW.

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Nothing better than doing my interrupt in downed state, using wolf fear, swapping pets, using my dog’s knock down, then having my pet rez me at such great speed that it can almost out heal two people DPSing me down.

It’s completely not fair compared to other downed states but I hope Anet doesn’t nerf it because ranger is one of my favorite classes.