Really Bright Areas [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Taegos.4132

Taegos.4132

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Really-Bright-Areas-Merged

And devs have a fix it just wasnt ready for this weeks patch, will be soon hopefully.

Posted by: LeGenD.5617

LeGenD.5617

Thanks! i guess i’ll just have to wait for the next patch. I’m just glad I’m not the only one.

Posted by: HaraldSkambank.7531

HaraldSkambank.7531

I have two desktop computers with nVidia cards. One runs a GTX 970 on Windows 10 and the other runs a GTX 460 on Windows 7. I just ran into the bright textures all over the hillside by the troll cave in Queensdale. So chalk up one (or two?) more occurences.

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

I’ve seen it at the troll cave/harpy nest in Queensdale and, yes, even in the daytime.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Moyayuki.3619

This isnt a hardware issue its clearly a game file being broken, it just seems like its a issue with their in game engine just slowly deteriorating and gets worse every time they patch the game.

Even I am starting to think that this is a game, not a driver issue. Because if it was a driver issue, wouldn’t it be affecting everything in the entire game? Instead, it’s only affecting very specific locations, which makes it just seem a bit too odd.

Moyayuki.3619

Sorry… I couldn’t come up with anything else on the subject, but it certainly seems to be a software issue outside the game engine files – otherwise more than 18 players would be reporting it on the forum (which is including me).

Only other suggestion I can offer is to run a spot poll among everyone you know ingame and report the numbers experiencing the bug on this merged thread, so Anet can get an idea just how many are affected.

If you run with this idea just start with the number 18 as above and when you post add however many others you confirmed have the same problem, next poster does the same etc.

Breeze

EDIT: Inculpatus/Penelope – Would one or both of you co-ordinate this? I’m overseas all this month and can’t be online regularly enough to do it myself.

I have asked people on maps and have dozens report the same glaring issue, so yes its an in game engine issue. For every 1 forums poster reporting a bug their usually a dozen more experiencing it but never bother to visit the forums. Only 5% of the GW2 pop probably visits here. Please don’t try to diminish people who have gotten reports similar to this.

And in case you missed it, I have confirmed this with a Dev.

Yep, forum users tend to be only a small portion of the total number of people playing GW2 at any given time. I think most people either a) forget there is a forum or b) find it tedious to go to a forum to report something, when they could just make an in-game report.

Moyayuki.3619

The problem I have with this is as someone who suffers from extreme sensitivity to bright lights I have to either avoid these areas, or turn down my tvs brightness or suffer migraines from the insane brightness. This can have a real life health impact and needs to be addressed.

If you turn the shaders down to low the brightness disappears. (Options > Graphics > then under Advanced Settings there’s one called Shaders with 3 options, Low, Medium or High.)

It’s not ideal because then the terrain looks ugly, but I assume it’s far better than a migraine. And you can turn it back up again once you leave that area.

I always have my Shaders set to “Low” by default, since I play on a laptop, and yet it is still showing up for me.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

well, early I had said that I’m not affected by this issue… not anymore. This was at a cave at northwest of Fireheart Rise.

Attachments:

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Just got this at the Vale waypoint. Why has nobody answered this post yet, it’s been 17 flipping days?

Attachments:

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

(edited by Vlad Morbius.1759)

shadow.6174

Just got this at the Vale waypoint. Why has nobody answered this post yet, it’s been 17 flipping days?

There have been several issues with went without an official post for several months. Just a few days aren’t much a surprise actually. Also, it has been said that devs are aware about this issue already.

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Returning from a week away, no changes to computer except GW2 update. Nvidea GEFORCE 745 H. Only place I have seen it (so far) is Vale in Queensdale.

Coming upon it via Pinion Trail. Thought the card had burnt until I got closer to the ranch.

Posted by: Zalaan.2601

Zalaan.2601

lol – the Altar’s Winding area of Queensdale currently looks like the white cliffs of Dover.

Posted by: blackysharky.7581

blackysharky.7581

Hi,

I’m rarely in this part / area of the game anymore, but I just went back there today for the daily, and this hasn’t been like that ever before, and I don’t get that anywhere else in the game, I switched map and everything, but it still looks like this when I get back there.

So, is this only me or is this actually a bug everyone got?

Attachments:

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

It is a bug the fix for which will probably appear in the next patch.

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

There have been several patches since the time I’ve come across several of these high gamma areas in game. There’s one in Diessa Plateau as well, in the Guild Race caves. And the house at Almuten WP in Gendarran Fields. The one in Diessa Plateau has been messed up for more than a month now.

So I won’t hold my breath that next patch will fix it. But I do hope they make it soon because these areas are visually highly annoying.

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

If enough people put in a complaint they will have to. But HoT fixes will be the priority.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

If enough people put in a complaint they will have to. But HoT fixes will be the priority.

The areas appear to be spreading, so they already “have to” in order to stop it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

In the meantime, I’m going to run around, taking screenshots to compile in my Travelogue of Tyria.

Like, my toon was there when ley line energy caused things to glow brightly.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Anet have already said they are going to fix it in the next patch. If you choose not to believe them that’s up to you, but demanding they do what they’ve already said they will do isn’t likely to achieve anything extra.

In the meantime you can remove the effect by turning Shaders (Options > Graphics > Advanced Settings) to Low. That removes the glare. The terrain won’t look as pretty but you can always turn them back up when you leave the area.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Notice this the other day as well in Queensdale. Seems this lightening is also inside the Grub Cave.

Strange.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Nika.3946

Nika.3946

ahh, so it wasn’t my computer .
I have seen this a few days ago , thought its my graphics fault

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Maybe it’s a ley line =P

Posted by: basemoan.4702

basemoan.4702

My lighting is currently doing this also. Practically in every area.

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Just recently I’ve noticed on certain portions of certain maps, mainly inside of caves, the screen goes “extremely bright.” This wasn’t happening before. Is anyone else having this issue and if so, is there a fix?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Moyayuki.3619

Anet have already said they are going to fix it in the next patch. If you choose not to believe them that’s up to you, but demanding they do what they’ve already said they will do isn’t likely to achieve anything extra.

In the meantime you can remove the effect by turning Shaders (Options > Graphics > Advanced Settings) to Low. That removes the glare. The terrain won’t look as pretty but you can always turn them back up when you leave the area.

I’ve tried that, and it doesn’t make the glow go away. I even set my graphics to the lowest setting possible and it’s still there, just not as bright (but still bright and distracting and…just odd).

Posted by: Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

Can confirm: Devs are working on this.

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Taken April 1, 2016. Nvidia cards on 2 systems this happened at the same time (mine and my husbands) Windows 10.

Attachments:

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Can confirm: Devs are working on this.

Thanks for making it official, Lauren. Hope you guys find the pesky cause soon. =)

Posted by: maelys ashe.9017

maelys ashe.9017

NVidia GeForce GTX670M. Same issues.

Posted by: Aiseniar.1798

Aiseniar.1798

So, more and more caves throughout different maps have suddenly gotten so bright they’re hard to be in. At first, I thought it was just the one in Diessa Plateau, but then I found another in Fireheart Rise. And while doing the human level 10 story, found that the bandit cave near Shaemoor is also super bright.

I know that many other people have experienced this and it’s been this way for a while now.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The bug is known and ANet is working on it. No estimated time for a fix.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Yep, the caves immediately adjacent to the Vale Waypoint in western Queensdale are glowing – both inside and out and with such ferocity that they can be seen clean across the valley in Claypool.

It’s that troll runestone, isn’kitten All this ley-line activity is going to make it go supernova.

Sariel V.7024

I ran into this in the Tears of Itlaocol puzzle. That head looks extra-creepy with all the light.

Sariel V.7024

Altering your visual quality settings will get you something you can actually read. But that head is creepy in the light.

Posted by: Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

Previous

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

Yep, the caves immediately adjacent to the Vale Waypoint in western Queensdale are glowing – both inside and out and with such ferocity that they can be seen clean across the valley in Claypool.

It’s that troll runestone, isn’kitten All this ley-line activity is going to make it go supernova.

It’s a feature?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

It’s a feature?

I’d like to report that neither the Aviator Sunglasses nor the Inventor’s Sunglasses have any effect here, in fact it makes me wonder if they provide any UV protection at all.

Posted by: Static Fyre.4591

Static Fyre.4591

The hillside and cave in this area is so bright it actually hurts my eyes in not sure if this is an issue with my card or an issue with the game itself.

Attachments:

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Posted by: Corvimort.6301

Corvimort.6301

Over in the Bugs sub-forum, someone posted it is caused by AMD drivers. Does everyone who experiences it use AMD?

Currently using nVidia GTX 760 here. No. The issue is not limited to AMD graphics cards.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Over in the Bugs sub-forum, someone posted it is caused by AMD drivers. Does everyone who experiences it use AMD?

Currently using nVidia GTX 760 here. No. The issue is not limited to AMD graphics cards.

Yes, as was determined long ago (in this merged thread), nor has anything to do with graphics cards. Which is good. =)

Posted by: Pyx.1906

Pyx.1906

These areas seemed to be spreading over time. I honestly thought it was part of the evolving story, and was excited to see how it fit in.

Posted by: tacticalevilnoodlefox.5694

tacticalevilnoodlefox.5694

Just wanted to add my own report that I’ve been experiencing this problem as well in multiple areas. And yeah I do agree it seems to be getting worse.

The first time I ran into it was at one of the Shiverpeak JPs (the one near the hot spring skill point, has the ravens that will knock you into a pit of skelk). It made the entrance to it insane bright though the actual inside was okay. That was all I ever saw of it. Now it seems to be in any cave or area that should have darker shadows.

Attachments:

shadow.6174

I don’t know how but after I saw this in a unrelated thread I believe it can give devs some clue about the issue: https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/225756/gw154.png

It came from a thread about broken textures but it got my attention that a broken texture was exactly over the oddly bright area. Maybe something is being projected there and then causing the high exposure?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m having this problem in some places, scrit cave and in queensdale, I’m running NVIDIA card with up to date drivers, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

For the past month plus I keep seeing either same bright back lighting eye sore or new ones appear, please take care of this or I’m going to start taking screen shots and make a Facebook page dedicated to the anomalies of Tyria.

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

I have seen some bright area also. I have also seen sometime candy corn node appear and go on different map do not know if those 2 bugs are related.(one thing is sure it is not halloween yet, maybe some left over code from halloween.) why do candy corn node flash for brief moment on the map and some place light up to much, I think their is some bugs that need fixing.

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

The true meaning of ‘Shining Blade’!

Had to postpone playing through the personal story with a Ranger I just made.
It takes place in the caves under the QD cemetery,and it’s just too bright to be able to play.Way worse than a open field area you can avoid.

Attachments:

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: len.7809

len.7809

Im actually tryin to get a item for Hope vol. I and I found this

and u tell me if u can difference the dots or not

Attachments:

Posted by: Evenaardez.7913

Evenaardez.7913

Just reporting that in the Spelunker’s Delve Jumping Puzzle the lighting is completely messed up, and is far too bright. (I am on the lowest setting, but I believe this is the fact for all settings).