Revenant Underwater Bugged/Inconsistant

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: KotCR.6024

KotCR.6024

This issue has been raised multiple times in the Revenant forum, but appars to be being ignored there, despite many other less serious things being fixed in patches since HoT release, so I thought I’d bring it up in the bug report forum instead seems as I would presume it’s a bug and an unintended oversight, as it is inconsistent with the underwater mechanics for every other class in the game, for reference:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Water-Combat-Stance-Issue
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-underwater
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/UNDERWATER-REV-IS-HORRIDLY-BUGGY
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Any-dev-word-on-underwater-combat
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Why-no-underwater-herald-skills
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Underwater-stances

The Issue(s)

There is an inconsistency with the Revenant class over every other class in the game when it comes to in-game mechanics underwater (#1), which is compounded by the incompleteness of the class in underwater content (#2, #3), the issues are thus:

1: Every other class in the game has access to a different set of selected utility skills and pets when switching from land combat mode to water combat mode, as pre-chosen by the player. This however is not the case for Revenant, and whatever Legends you have selected while you were on land you will retain underwater.

2: This issue is made worse by the fact only two of the five possible legends have any access to a heal skill, three utility skills, and an elite skill when underwater. This means that if you have Jalis (Legendary Dwarf Stance), Ventari (Legendary Centaur Stance) or Glint (Legendary Dragon Stance) slotted as your Legends when you enter water combat mode, you will only have half a skill bar (your weapon skills only) available, even at level 80. It is not possible to swap these out for the two Legends (Shiro – Legendary Assassin Stance, and Mallyx, Legendary Demon Stance) that do have underwater skills if you are dragged underwater mid-combat, due to slot locking while in combat.

3: The starting Legend for Revenant’s is Jalis (Legendary Dwarven Stance). This means that before a new player unlocks their alternative Legend Stances, they suffer from a crushing inconsistent handicap in underwater that prevents them from healing themselves while underwater, as Legendary Dwarven Stance does not get a self-heal skill (slot 6), while underwater.

Please do try and address these issues (or at least acknowledge you are aware of them) as soon as possible (at the very least issue #1, which at least players could then use pre-equipping the Shiro and Mallyx Legends underwater as a workaround for the other issues); Much of the core GW2 content is underwater, and as Revenant has equal access to this content as every other class in the game, it is a major and crushing handicap to the completeness and effectiveness of the class in core areas. Thankyou.

(edited by KotCR.6024)

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Big bad BUG this one. Really needs addressing as soon as possible. I know that water content is not the majority of the content here and most people avoid it like the plague. However being this is a totally new class there are many people doing map completes on it now and such. Surprise, surprise, water features there. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Wow this got buried fast…..

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

I don’t think it’s a massive gamebreaking bug since HoT has very little Underwater content, and Mallyx and Shiro work BUT it is still a massive WTF? And does need to be addressed since underwater content does exist in the game at several points, including fractals of the mist, it doesn’t help that revenant is already kind of crippled only having access to spear

(edited by thewaterguy.4796)

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

It’s not gamebreaking but it’s pretty annoying. As one of the apparently few people that’s actually playing a Rev from L1, I went through most of Queensdale and the initial personal story step, neither of which have any/much water content to deal with.

By L15 I had some Dwarf and some Ventari skills and when I went into the water to get the HP in Godslost, I noticed I had neither heal nor any utility skills because NONE of the Dwarf/Ventari skills are usable underwater. With no more points to spend, I’m basically forced to do all water content with only weapons skills until I can get enough points to get another stance unlocked, and then get the heal skill, which will leave me with empty utility slots because I need even more points to get those filled.

Not gamebreaking, but not very well planned out for actual progression. Heal/Utility skills, in general, have always been an issue since many can’t be used underwater, and it seems the only reason is aesthetics, not functionality. Necros have a so-called elite minion skill that can’t be used for underwater content while all other “lesser” minion skills can. Why? Because the devs apparently decided it was too much bother to make a proper underwater animation for it. Yeah. I don’t think that’s a very good excuse, either.

Posted by: Aapheus.5780

Aapheus.5780

Still not fixed.

“Sharpen your blades and protect your vitals — I’m back!”