Rime-Rimmed Rebreather Sadness

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: The Night Fox.6018

The Night Fox.6018

So I Pvped a bit and got the Ultimate Gift. Naturally, after every match, I open what I was rewarded and put it into my bank. Unfortunately, the ultimate gift could not be opened in pvp, so I tossed it into the bank for another character to open.

As I swap characters, I got on my war who was in pve. I opened the gift and choose the medium Rebreather in hopes of transferring it to my ranger in PvP.

Pertaining to questions that will be asked as to why didn’t you just go from pvp to pve to open it? The reason doesn’t matter, though I had been crafting and decided to open it on my warrior at the time.

The gift didn’t necessarily disclose >EXPLICITLY< the information that THIS ITEM, which mind you only gives the effect of water crystals from the ITEM ITSELF, WILL BE SOULBOUND ON ACQUISITION.

So I got a cool medium armored rebreather on my warrior that I will never be able to use. I’m not sure how any possible solution can be made because Anet most likely made the particle effect tied to the item to make players go for more than one, but I would love to see any initiative to help remedy my entire journey of suffering the useless presents from the wintersday track for an ultimate gift of regret.

(>’_’)>=-=-=-=-[} <(x_X<) Pie Fight.

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

Didn’t accepting the item unlock the skin on your account? You won’t get the same stats, but you should at least be able to get the skin via transmutation.

The Night Fox.6018

Didn’t accepting the item unlock the skin on your account? You won’t get the same stats, but you should at least be able to get the skin via transmutation.

Unfortunately, no. The ‘skin’ is the same as the default so it is automatically unlocked. The item though is the one with the particle effect. If I cant equip the item/move it, then it doesn’t work.

Wardrobe is useless.

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

Unfortunately, no. The ‘skin’ is the same as the default so it is automatically unlocked. The item though is the one with the particle effect. If I cant equip the item/move it, then it doesn’t work.

Wardrobe is useless.

You could file a request to support — sometimes they’re willing to send a replacement item (not always, but it’s a lot less effort than going through the reward track again).

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

This just is not the case at all.

I opened my Marriner’s oilcloth bag on a different toon than the one I wanted to use it on.

Put the breather itself in the bank, retrieved it on the toon I wanted to use it on…. and equipped it with no issue whatsoever.

Now….. if say you chose the stats before attempting to transfer the item, it may have indeed become soulbound at that point.

The Night Fox.6018

This just is not the case at all.

I opened my Marriner’s oilcloth bag on a different toon than the one I wanted to use it on.

Put the breather itself in the bank, retrieved it on the toon I wanted to use it on…. and equipped it with no issue whatsoever.

Now….. if say you chose the stats before attempting to transfer the item, it may have indeed become soulbound at that point.

Yep, I chose the stats.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

If I’m not wrong when choosing stats of any item it’ll warn you that it will become soulbound after choosing stats.

Posted by: ylinky.5064

ylinky.5064

Wardrobe is useless.

Yup. Wardrobe is useless if they start making special effect come from item itself.
It’s like making legendary’s special effect come from legendary item itself instead of come from the skin.

Very disappointed.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

In my opinion, the new rebreather should be account bound and not soulbound, due to what it takes to get it.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

In my opinion, the effect should be tied to the skin, as has been the case so far for legendaries and the Golem backpack. This is what we got the wardrobe for.

Good luck OP, I hope you get the item back.