Rodgort III - Tar Elemental Core FIXED!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: numri.7081

numri.7081

Support case for reference: 1951612

I’ve spoken to three different support representatives about the “Tar Elemental Core” not dropping from Tar Elementals as it’s supposed to.

Summary from my ticket:
I’m using the legendary weapons mastery track to craft the precursor “Rodgort’s flame” for legendary torch “Rodgort”.

The final stage to craft it requires 4 components:

Essence of Burning
Spirit of the Perfected Torch
Everburning Flame
Dragon Statue

The Everburning flame has a component called “Fuel for the fire”

Fuel for the fire requires additional 4 components:

Tar Elemental Core
30 Elder wood planks
5 Mystic crystals
1 Spiritwood plank

The tooltip of “Tar Elemental core” states “Looted from a fallen tar elemental”. But neither me nor a good bunch of people I have talked to can seem to find this component regardless of trying any variation of tar elementals found in game.

Official responses (canned responses omitted)
GM#1 Just looked into this a bit more for you and this may have been something that changed. I was unable to find this item or that it was needed to create Rodgort’s Flame.
[…] I even tried digging into the Tar Elemental Core and was only able to find this:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hardened_Tar_Elemental_Core

<followed by me clarifying that this has nothing to do with the other suggestions he offered me>

GM#2 It seems there might be a bug preventing this item from dropping.

<followed by me stating that it’s blocking progress and asking if there is any way to get around this>

GM#3 Unfortunately we would not be able to send you this item, We have confirmed that it is in game, but since this item was not gained on your account we cannot issue it to you.

tl;dr GM#1+2+3, Tar Elemental Core is in game but a bug is preventing it from dropping.

What gives?

Head-vagrant of the [Hobo] Union
[Underworld – Warrior] Mary Maceless
Occasionally streaming @ www.twitch.tv/numrii

numri.7081

A fourth support representative responded to my case now and said the following:

I would like to start apologizing for any confusion the previous responses may have caused. We do not have an official report that this item is indeed bugged or unavailable. We encourage you to bring this topic to the official forums where you will not only help catch the attention of the development team but also receive assistance from other players in similar situations.

We are sorry we are not able to further assist with this, but do not hesitate to contact us again whenever you need assistance.

It sounds so outlandish to me that it would be impossible to check if an item is part of the loot-table or not. I just want a confirmation that it’s not actually part of the game yet so I can move on and do other things. If the rest of the collection wouldn’t have been so broken and misguided I wouldn’t be as obsessed with finishing it.

Posted by: Circling Skies.1872

Circling Skies.1872

I have been killing enough tar elementals that I am sick to death of them and have not got this item to drop. There are no real clues in this items description to help you figure out what to do to actually get this item. I have been stuck on it for weeks. I search google, reddit, here….zero information on this. Someone suggested to me here to try and kill the Legendary Tar in Arah Dungeon path 1. I tried advertising for a party in LFG. I tried to get my guildies to help. NO ONE wants to attempt to kill this monster to see if it drops the item we need. I would at least like to try, if nothing else it would cross this off the list of where to look.

send me a message in game if you ever want to try to do the Legendary Tar. You have to have 4 people to make it spawn. So 1-3 won’t work.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Shoggroth

numri.7081

I did the same as you, among the results I found they said that Shoggroth did not drop it. But I’m open to try aswell. I think that’s the only thing I haven’t personally tried. I’ll hit you up in game.

Posted by: VileStrainGaming.6091

VileStrainGaming.6091

Still bugged after today’s raid patch. Last thing i need for the precursor and i cant finish it!

[NoQQ] & [Larp] – The old days of PvP :(

Circling Skies.1872

What did you try? When I get on tonight I’ll try the Monstrous Tar Elemental Event in Fireheart Rise…

numri.7081

There seems to have been some sort of change with the patch now, if you look at tool tip of the tar elemental core it now says “crafting material: huntsman”. I tried monstrous tar elemental once, I haven’t gotten around to try shoggroth again, hopefully I’ll have a chance tomorrow.

numri.7081

Killed Shoggroth today after the latest patch, no drop from him. Killed another few 30-40 tar elementals in Cursed Shore and Fireheart Rise in hope that they’d drop it, No luck.
Problem persists.

Posted by: Larsho.7243

Larsho.7243

someone got lucky after the patch ?

Posted by: kaozuki.8023

kaozuki.8023

any news?? filled in bug report but experience told me thats not useful at all

Circling Skies.1872

Nothing on my end. I really don’t know what else to do at this point. I really wish we would get an A net person to respond but they have been strangely absent from the forums as of late.

numri.7081

Sorry guys, I’ve got nothing. Tried Shoggroth yet again, and the veterans, and the monstrous.

Posted by: Yaki.8450

Yaki.8450

Same here, already tried kill all kind of Tar, got nothing…………..

kaozuki.8023

i sent a ticket..as soon as I get a response I will tell you…

(edited by kaozuki.8023)

numri.7081

Kaozuki, I think we’ve all made tickets, both to support and in-game. They refuse to say anything on this topic and they are very confused to what the actual problem is.
But it would be great if you could get a different response :/ I see other prec masteries being solved, this one keeps being bugged.

Larsho.7243

Feals like we got every possible answere : yes its a bug, no its not a bug, maybe its a bug and every thing in between

Also please arenanet don’t ask if your support was helpfull if the onely thing they can say is “we don’t have anny info on this problem at this point” after the 3. one it feals like moking

kaozuki.8023

seriously..I wish they had a phone number… -.-

i have the bad feeling that I will have completed to collect all mats I need for rodgort when we finally get an answer

how about adding each other ingame (seems there arent so many ppl doing rodgort) so we can contact each other in case someone gets a respionse or (though I doubt it) finds the stupid core finally?

Circling Skies.1872

I personally have done everything I can think of. Killed regular tars, Vet tars, the Monstoruos tar event. I have killed them I Fireheart Rise,Machoir Leap, and Cursed Shores. Nothing….

The only thing I personally have not done is the one in Arah because I cannot for the life of me get anyone to help.

The zero response on this is getting upsetting to say the least.

Larsho.7243

as far as I hear the Tar in Arah is at least at the moment not the one we are looking for. Also i did not hear about any other collections that sends you to a dungeon

kaozuki.8023

well.. only a bit and I have collected all mats for rodgort..than literally all thats left for it is that stupid core..still no response at all from support…..

i also dont believe u have to do arah for it

kaozuki.8023

just got an response from support.
it said they know about the problem and are on it to fix it.

at least a little light of hope

Circling Skies.1872

Good news. Wish they would post here. Wonder if they will let us know when it is fixed…

kaozuki.8023

they told me to check the forum for updates, so i guess its gonna be written somewhere…
maybe??

numri.7081

just got an response from support.
it said they know about the problem and are on it to fix it.

at least a little light of hope

Very happy to hear this, especially after the “yes/no/maybe” farce they replied to me with.

In the meantime I’ve killed Shoggroth in Arah atleast 6 times without any results. My entire Rodgort is just about complete, missing 300 dungeon tokens and the tar elemental core, fingers crossed they deploy a fix by next patch day. (which is tomorrow…?)

kaozuki.8023

argh…i forgot the stupid tokens -.- ok..I have to do a lot of cof… just annoying that my guild wont join mostly…

tomorrow? rly? that would be nice… lets keep our fingers crossed ^^

kaozuki.8023

oh come on -.- there was a server maintenance last night.. so with alooooot of hope I went to those f**in elematal right after waking up…and…
NOTHING a whole big of NOTHING

“we’re on it to fix it” ….yeah..sure -.-

numri.7081

Server maintenance does not necessarily mean patch, I understand your frustration and I share it fully, as long as the problem has been acknowledged in some form I can be slightly more patient, let’s not lose our cools!

Posted by: Karnaugh.9463

Karnaugh.9463

Just killed today veterans, regular ones and monstruous. Seems like issue persists.

kaozuki.8023

i guess we jst have to bit bit longer. but numri is right… they are on it so we have to be patient… :/

Circling Skies.1872

I was hoping for an update because it’s Tuesday….can’t they just add it as a drop like the other collection items? Sick of waiting to finish my torch.

kaozuki.8023

not just u….

btw.. anyone an idea whats up with the “fallen tar elemental” part? a fallen tar elemental? a hint on orr? was wondering about that for a while now….

there aren’t any other “fallen” enemys in the game….

Circling Skies.1872

That was my line of thinking as well. That’s why I spent so much time in Malchiors Leap and Cursed Shores. But then again, it could just mean defeated. It’s just aggregating that you had to send a ticket to get a response and they won’t respond or say anything about it here on the official forums. Actually there has been little to no A net activity here on the forums for the last two weeks. Very weird…

kaozuki.8023

but then again if it really would have been a very special kind or tar elemental,that we just haven’t found yet, they wouldn’t have responded the way they did to me,right?

I’m checking bug reports, the dev tracker and game notes almost every few hours… while my bf just finished twilight yesterday. so frustrating

and yeah..there are tons of bug reports atm in the forum.. ofc they possibly can’t respond to every one…but how about one thread,jst telling ppl: “we read about ur problems, there will be a solution for all that soon/ in x days” or so…

Larsho.7243

i dont expect something like fix in x days that would backfire at them so hard i actually hope they never do that but the "we are looking into that " or " we are working on that" would be nice feals like they do that over at the reddits but not on there one forum feals a little bit odd. But on the other hand the forum tends to be so much more toxic than the game i personaly dont want a job that has to do something like “keep an eye on the forum”

numri.7081

not just u….

btw.. anyone an idea whats up with the “fallen tar elemental” part? a fallen tar elemental? a hint on orr? was wondering about that for a while now….

there aren’t any other “fallen” enemys in the game….

As probably anyone in this thread has googled “Tar elemental Core” you’ve surely seen Hardened Tar Elemental Core, this is a karma accessory sold my Scholar Merla at Cachistic R&D (in-game: [&BAADAAA=]), This camp is occasionally attacked by Tar Elementals.

The flavor text of the Hardened Tar Elemental Core says “We finally got it to harden! Now we just need to figure out…you know…what to do with it.”. This hints that they have tried for some time and/or done many attempts, implying that there’s plenty of the Tar Elemental Cores.

edit: I misread what you where actually asking for. I interpret “a fallen tar elemental” as a dead tar elemental.

tl;dr: according to the hints it should drop from Tar elementals around [&BAADAAA=], but it doesn’t or it has a beyond terrible drop rate.

(edited by numri.7081)

kaozuki.8023

sigh… almost done with collecting the wood planks for gift of wood … only t6 mats left now and I have enough gold to buy all of them..
I will give anet until sunday..then I will reopen my ticket…. they know since over a month now about this bug…

Cachistic R&D huh? have to try out there…though I really dont believe i will find anything

fallen = dead.. ok… seems legit. I was just wondering because when we had to collect the hearts and eyes and stuff.. it didnt say anything about fallen..thats why I asked myself if it might be a special tar elemental…

kaozuki.8023

plus: they commited its a bug ..so we dont need to worry about a bad drop rate…

kaozuki.8023

hey guys. just reopened my ticket and got a response really quick.

to make it short, they say, some bugs,like this one,that are more complicated (or seem to be) need more time to fix.. so they can’t say how long it will take until we finally get the stupid drop…

sooo adding a drop is complicated,huh?

it doesn’t seem as this will be fixed in near future…

Posted by: Karnaugh.9463

Karnaugh.9463

Killed a reasonable amount in R&D (like 50) with today’s patch. Still no drop T. T

numri.7081

Yeah I did the same, also went to sloven pitch and baelfire to no avail

kaozuki.8023

same here… I wanna scream -.-

Circling Skies.1872

This is really disappointing. I don’t understand this at all. I’m going to submit a ticket tomorrow night when I play and ask them to just send me the item like they did for people doing Never more….at least according to reddit.

Posted by: Ryokitchi.1642

Ryokitchi.1642

same! net you need to fix this bug we are stuck on this crafting . My God!

kaozuki.8023

This is really disappointing. I don’t understand this at all. I’m going to submit a ticket tomorrow night when I play and ask them to just send me the item like they did for people doing Never more….at least according to reddit.

yh, i read that too… but german customer service doesnt seem to be very generous.. last time I lost something (learned rodgort recipe on wrong chara) while others got send the chest via ingame mail I had to buy it…

but tell me if it works and they send it to u!

kaozuki.8023

just wrote the support,asking them to send us (linked this post) the core. telling them it would be unfair if they send the bugged item to the nevermore ppl but not the core to us. lets see what they say…

numri.7081

Yeah I did the same after I read about Nevermore, it’s exactly the same issue, a trophy required which does not exist, haven’t received an answer yet but I assume they had a flood of e-mails after it came to light that they had done this. I asked for this a few weeks ago but then they said no.

kaozuki.8023

if they still say no now it would be unfair as hell and kinda outrageous

kaozuki.8023

ahahahaha…i wanna kill someone.. jut got a response:
“Hallo Steffi,

ehrlich gesagt, wir wollen nichts mehr als euch Spielern zu helfen. Leider, bei diesem Bug haben wir noch kein Erlaubniss die Gegenstände zu geben, was wir beim anderen Bug doch haben.

Bitte entschuldige alle Unannehmlichkeiten. Wir bitten um dein Verständnis und Geduld.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen"

translation:
tbh all we want is to help u players. sadly in this case we haven’t got the permission to give out the item, like we do in the other bug.
please excuse all inconvenience. We hope for ur understanding and patience"

(edited by kaozuki.8023)

numri.7081

Please tell me this is a joke. It’s exactly the same problem, it has less of an economic impact, it’s been broken much longer, why would there be any difference? There goes my smile for the day…

kaozuki.8023

yep… I reacted the same.. I have to keep myself so hard from answering on that with what I am thinking right now….