Ruined Ore

Ruined Ore

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Guts.8367

Guts.8367

So I noticed you guys implemented something new to farming. While getting attacked you know get Ruined whatever. There was really no reason to implement this, what so ever that I can see, I mean if your trying to deter botters, this isn’t going to get rid of them, or affect them in anyway, what do they care they are getting free crap for not doing anything? The only reason left is to irritate your fan base more so that they go to another game, I don’t know, it seems like most of the changes you make IS to annoy people.

But, now I’m getting off topic here, the last few orichalcum mines I’ve come up to, I’ve farmed and got ruined ore off, now I’m using the Master Mining Pick, which worked on the first one but not the rest and I wasn’t being attacked. What’s the deal?

Ruined Ore

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

The masters mining pick is the same as a darksteel mining pick which allows you to mine platinum ore if you are trying to mine orichalum ore with it you have a very high chance of getting ruined ore.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

Ruined Ore

Posted by: Shintai.5618

Shintai.5618

You used the wrong tools. You dont get ruined anything from being attacked.

Ruined Ore

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

The masters mining pick is the same as a darksteel mining pick which allows you to mine platinum ore if you are trying to mine orichalum ore with it you have a very high chance of getting ruined ore.

Unless something’s changed in the past week, the Masters pick is actually a steel pick, I think. It won’t get platinum, but will get Iron and Gold.

Ruined Ore

Posted by: Eli Krey.5368

Eli Krey.5368

You used the wrong tools. You dont get ruined anything from being attacked.

you have a chance to get ruined items if u gather/chop/mine while being attacked i tested it already even if you jave the highest tools available (it happened to me with orichalcum axe at a lvl 50 area)

Ruined Ore

Posted by: Nisshoku.3479

Nisshoku.3479

By the Six you are a whiny little snot.

“I got ruined ore because I was attacked while mining! This game is terrible, I’m going to quit and go cry in a corner.”

Just kill the bloody thing before you mine. I don’t recall any other game that allows you do mine while you’re being hit.

Ruined Ore

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

Ruined ore/plant fiber/log come only from using the wrong tools. I’ve been attacked plenty of times while harvesting (including tonight) and I’ve never gotten ruined anything.

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

Ruined Ore

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The ruined items’ tooltip actually tell you about needing a better tool but it would have been better if the game just prevented you from harvesting instead. I guess they want to encourage people to just stick to Mithril tools once they are high enough level.

Ruined Ore

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

I am near-certain the master pick scales with your level, although that is irrelevant as I have also recently gotten some ruined things while using an Orichalcum tool.

Ruined Ore

Posted by: Tanqueray.4837

Tanqueray.4837

I got a single ‘ruined rock’ from mining mithril with a mithril pick – all the others were ok. Possibly a rare higher gem in the node?

Ruined Ore

Posted by: Solitaire.3680

Solitaire.3680

I always mine when I am being attacked and don’t get anything ruined unless I use the wrong tools

Ruined Ore

Guts.8367

I like how a lot of people post about how it isn’t possible, because it hasn’t happened to them. Yes, it’s been implemented, grats on being lucky so far.

Now in regards to the master’s, I figured since it was green quality that it would be better then the blue orichalcum…. and since it just says “More efficient at gathering resources and uncovering rare components” and doesn’t state what you can farm with it, I figured it meant everything, just like the orichalcum.

Ruined Ore

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

Go some ruined ore while mining ori with an ori pick while being attacked by quaggan. I’d rather I just not be allowed to mine than ruining that whole node for me for x many hours. Guess il just kill the 10 quaggan and 4 krait that guard that one node. You’d think it was a rich vein or something.

Ruined Ore

Guts.8367

And another thing to being a whining little snot. I saw an implement change that I did not agree with and gave my feedback of it and asking the question, why, and not only that but I was actually thinking of there answer too about getting rid of botters by doing it, which it didn’t.

So how’s about this, go troll elsewhere, because I would like an actual answer from a dev.

Ruined Ore

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

While i made gathering 50 times while being attacked so far. Not a single ruined. Just saying

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Ruined Ore

Guts.8367

and I’m just saying, it’s implemented, you should read what I posted, I don’t need updates from someone who doesn’t know. Thank you have a great day.