"Sega" shouldn't be on the chat filter list

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

With friends we were babbling about great consoles of our past. Of course some mention Sega. However it seems that it’s a banned word.

We tried with several other names, all work (yeah, even Blizzard). Yet “Sega” doesn’t.

Please allow us to say that word in the chat. It’s ridiculous to have it filtered out.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: ripAnubis.5817

ripAnubis.5817

I have a theory why this word is blocked. It’s italian for “masturbation”. So if the chat filter is the same worldwide it’s very likely blocked because of this.

Posted by: Bau Bau.7389

Bau Bau.7389

That may be the case. However, I am wondering if the chat filer is applied to npcs too. Along Tyria I have found two npcs whose names are… let’s say “questionable” in Italian.
One made my day when I saw it (poor little asura… she should have had serious digestive issues). While the other one had a sexual meaning (not intentional, of course; but it sounds so bad since it is associate to a female npc).

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

There’s also item names that contain “forbidden strings” (e.g. Maw Of The… Darned), so when you ping them, they get censored in chat (and here on the forums). (Not to mention some NPCs dialogue also containing words that are censored when players say them.)

The whole thing is a little inconsistent, even in English.