Sell window in TP, no autoclose after sale

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

Here’s what happens: I click on an item I want to quick sell in the TP – click ‘sell instantly’ – click ‘ok’ in the green ‘Success’ window – instead of going back to the list of items in my inventory, the ‘Sell’ window for the item I just sold is still there even though I no longer have any of that item left to sell.

Of course, you can just click ‘sell instantly’ again and ‘ok’ on the red ‘Error’ window to clear it, but why should you have to?

(edited by TobyTucker.5317)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Clicking ‘OK’ in the success window will cause the item information pop-up to remain on-screen. This is intended behavior.

To exit that item pop-up after completing a sale and move on to another item, you must click the ‘Close’ button to return to your items to sell listings. Alternately, you can click the [X] in the top right corner or anywhere outside of the pop-up to dismiss it and return to your item listings.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

If it is intended behavior, it changed with this patch.

You don’t win friends with Salad.

StinVec.3621

Hitting ‘OK’ has been behaving this way since the initial TP 2.0 update, it is not new.

However, what is new is that you are no longer forced to close the item information pop-up after completing a sale if you happen to have no more of that item left to sell.

Previously:
Sell some of an item – have the ‘OK and the ’Close’ buttons available

• Could choose to remain working in the pop-up by hitting ‘OK’
  • Could choose to close the pop-up by hitting ‘Close’

Sell all of an item – only have the ‘Close’ option.

• Unfortunate if you wanted to continue working in that pop-up window for some reason as you were forced to have to close it.

With today’s update:

• Can choose to remain working in the pop-up by hitting ‘OK’
  • Can choose to close the pop-up by hitting ‘Close’

Sell all of an item – have the ‘OK and the ’Close’ buttons available

I can appreciate this minor QoL change to no longer be forced to exit the item information pop-up just because I sold all of that item instead of only some.

TobyTucker.5317

Hitting ‘OK’ has been behaving this way since the initial TP 2.0 update, it is not new.

However, what is new is that you are no longer forced to close the item information pop-up after completing a sale if you happen to have no more of that item left to sell.

Previously:

• Could choose to remain working in the pop-up by hitting ‘OK’
  • Could choose to close the pop-up by hitting ‘Close’

Sell all of an item – only have the ‘Close’ option.

• Unfortunate if you wanted to continue working in that pop-up window for some reason as you were forced to have to close it.

With today’s update:

Sell all of an item – have the ‘OK and the ’Close’ buttons available

I can appreciate this minor QoL change to no longer be forced to exit the item information pop-up just because I sold all of that item instead of only some.

I take it that this is sarcasm? Why on earth would you want the ‘Sell’ window to remain if you no longer have any of that item to sell?

StinVec.3621

No sarcasm. Just because you cannot think of a reason does not mean that there aren’t reasons that other people may have for wanting to remain on that item information pop-up post-sale. I have two off the top of my head that are related to making money that I will not share. I’m sure other people will have more than that as well.

The point is, it is working as intended. Don’t like the additional ‘OK’ button instead of only having the ‘Close’ button like before? I gave several methods of closing the window. If you insist on hitting ‘OK’ and expecting it to close the window instead of hitting ‘Close’ to, you know, close the window, there’s nothing I or anyone else can do to help dissuade you from that behavior.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

TobyTucker.5317

No sarcasm. Just because you cannot think of a reason does not mean that there aren’t reasons that other people may have for wanting to remain on that item information pop-up post-sale. I have two off the top of my head that are related to making money that I will not share. I’m sure other people will have more than that as well.

The point is, it is working as intended. Don’t like the additional ‘OK’ button instead of only having the ‘Close’ button like before? I gave several methods of closing the window. If you insist on hitting ‘OK’ and expecting it to close the window instead of hitting ‘Close’ to, you know, close the window, there’s nothing I or anyone else can do to help dissuade you from that behavior.

I must have missed the great clamoring to change the previous behavior that let you get out of that window with the least amount of effort. If there really was such a demand, it would make a lot more sense to change the CLOSE button to a BACK button to accommodate secret filled Masters of the Trading Post such as yourself.

(edited by TobyTucker.5317)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

If it’s an intended behavior (even though I also can’t think why someone would want to stay on that window, but anyway), the buttons would need to be better worded. It seems the way it’s now is misleading and people aren’t realizing the Close button.

Maybe wording the OK as Continue or something could be more clear. “Ok” gives idea of confirmation and also it’s expected to mean like something is done, over. It makes sense in the general context of that popup (confirming the item has been sold), but it doesn’t make clear what will happen next.

Another way then is getting rid of the Close button, letting only the Ok in that popup what implicitly will lead ppl to seek the “X” button on top in order to close it. Annoying, I know, but less misleading.

Another thing would be dimming the Sell Instantly/List Item when you don’t have the item. This way it would make clear that window is there just for informational purposes now and you can’t do anything with that item at that moment.

Anyhow, despite that I have noted TP is somewhat faster than before when selling. The confirmation popup seems to be showing up faster now. Same with that warning when you choose the lowest allowed value, no more a gradual blink but an instant flash now.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

I don’t think it’s intended.

When buying items the buy window stays open. That might be intentional so I can purchase more if I chose to.

But what’s been happening since December 2 patch is the sell window stays open now after selling something instead of closing.

Here is what happened to me: I sold a major rune and the sell window with the sell instantly and place order buttons stayed opened. I thought the sell didn’t go through so I clicked the sell instantly button again and got an error stating that I don’t have any of that item to sell. The window should have closed since I no longer had any of that item. However, the sell did go through and I did have the correct amount of coins to withdraw from the TP. This started with the December 2, 2014 patch.

Edit: To clarify, before the Dec. 2 patch when you sold all of an item in your inventory the sell window would automatically close. However, if you only sold part of a stack of items the window would, and still does, stay open. This is probably why some are saying it’s intended behavior. The sell window should only stay open if you only sell part of a stack of items and still have more that could be sold, but it should automatically close (as it use to) when you sold all of an item and have no more in your inventory.

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

How do we know this new behavior is the intended one? It seemed like a bug (appearing like all the other bugs with the TP in this patch) when the window acted differently than it did before. Did I miss the patch note explaining this? I might have.

I thought I read a post stating it was a bug or unintended behavior because you could no longer click outside the window to close it (which seemed related).

Intended or not, I would prefer it to be reverted back to the way it was prior to this patch…if it’s all the same. Thank you. =)

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

The trading window for a certain item stays even though you don’t have any more of that item after clicking “ok” , this definitely changed by the patch, it wasn’t behaving like this before.

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: ViralVarda.2739

ViralVarda.2739

The window stays open after you sold everything of whatever you were selling. This wasn’t the case pre-Tuesday patch. It’s annoying and another box you need to close. For power sellers or whatever, it could maybe come in handy, but then it should be an option not forced to use it. There was nothing about this new feature in the patch notes either.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I have this too… annoying and terribly confusing!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Indeed, it did change with the patch. I noticed it too.

shadow.6174

How do we know this new behavior is the intended one? It seemed like a bug (appearing like all the other bugs with the TP in this patch) when the window acted differently than it did before. Did I miss the patch note explaining this? I might have.

None of the official sources have stated if it’s intended or not, just someone in this thread has said so and there wasn’t any entry on patch notes or somewhere else telling that.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, I’ve just made myself get used to using ‘Close’, instead of ‘Ok’, now. I guess it’s not so bad. Would have been nice, if it is intended, to have had some information released about it.

Still, there are a plethora of other TP bugs introduced with this patch.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

It is a bug. If this change was intentionally, then the intention was bugged already.

Can we get a confirmation that this is (or is not) worked on?

Now its not only about this bug anymore, but about again missing communication.

Thanks.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

It looks like this has been recently fixed. Thanks to the Anet dev(s) who solved this issue. It wasn’t a major thing, just an inconvenience. Thanks again.

shadow.6174

Yes, let’s give credits to what’s due, the issue has been fixed indeed.
Oh and it seems we will never know it was intended or not…

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I would like this back too.

Are you Shpongled?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I would like this back too.

It is back. =)