Ships of the Line: Cannot Progress

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DryFrankie.9204

DryFrankie.9204

I’m also having trouble with this quest. On my first attempt, Zott stood in one spot and refused to move after I told him to destroy the second trebuchet. I tried the quest again, and this time when we left the boat to go after the Windfall, he seemed to be stuck on the side of the boat, twitching around as though he was attempting to move, but couldn’t.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Apparently you still can’t rescue Elli though. I’m trying to help a friend get through it and the underwater part gives us one floating crew member with no way to revive them.

Posted by: Antiks.4960

Antiks.4960

Zott won’t blow up the third seige weapon. For the love of god please just let us kill the things manually. This is kitten

Posted by: holotype.1643

holotype.1643

Still bugged as of just now. Regroup with the team after clearing the beach does nothing. Same as last time I tried it, when I bug reported it. Seeing how old this thread is, I’m assuming Anet’s strat is to sit on it and literally do nothing?

My character is level 80 and can’t progress further in his story until this bug is fixed. There’s nothing I can do but wait for weeks or months on Anet?…wow.

Championing Blackgate since Aug. 25, 2012
[UV]

Posted by: RottenRagamuffin.3159

RottenRagamuffin.3159

I just tried to finish this quest with a fellow guild member and it would not progress past the "Regroup on the beach… " segment. So incredibly frustrating! It’s quite a long personal story quest, and to not be able to complete it without having to start the kitten thing from the very beginning is EXTREMELY annoying (and not guaranteed given how many bugs there seem to be). It cost me silvers to way-point there, silvers to get my gear repaired, used up my food and wrench buff thing… and I still have to do it all again… and perhaps again… And- to top it all off- this is a known issue dating back months!

(SBI)

Posted by: gassyjoe.2308

gassyjoe.2308

Well, middle of January and STILL BUGGED!!!!! Stuck on the 3rd Treb and can’t get any farther. Nice to see the PS bugs being totally ignored. Gives me warm fuzzy feeling how much we’re loved.

Posted by: wooky.3956

wooky.3956

still bugged…tried twice. NOT trying a 3rd time sick of this…please fix it already

holotype.1643

just checked the update notes: Still not fixed. LOL

[UV]

Posted by: Roufianoula.2934

Roufianoula.2934

Got the problem with ozzs … No spawn end ….! Fix it please…

Posted by: Koelkastlamp.3960

Koelkastlamp.3960

Hi,
I tried doing the story quest ‘Ships of the Line’ twice now, but ended up leaving the quest twice because of the same bug happening. Once i get to the part where i have to swim underwater to rescue the Windfall crew, i can’t go on.
Some details:
- There are no NPC’s in the green circled area but one (priory scholar i believe), which is untargetable and uninteractable and Zott avoids a certain radius around the NPC for some reason too.
- The objective is ‘rescue the crew of Windfall’ or something like that.
- Zott is following me just fine (i read that some people had problems with that too some time ago)

I hope this can be fixed somehow, because this is my first lvl 80 and it would be a shame that after coming this far i can’t even finish the story.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: FunkyMonkey.1879

FunkyMonkey.1879

Hi GW2 Community,

after I tried to complete this Story Quest for 2 Days now, i found a Workaround for myself, so the Regroup Bug won´t appear. It might help you too.

- Start Mission and continue, until you are told to meet your party at the Coast.
- Your party tells you to lead Zott to the remaining Siege Weapons, but don´t do it yet.
- Clear the Coast from every Risen first, until there is no one left.
- Now lead Zott to the Siege Weapons.
- After you led him to the third one, run to the point, where you should regroup with your party, don´t wait until Zott has finished his job.
- The Regroup Bug shouldn´t appear now and you see a short movie clip, after that you can complete your mission normally.

I finished Ship of the Line a few minutes ago. It worked for me, but I might work for you too.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Thank you for the reports! We will be investigating this issue.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Beyond Real.9354

Beyond Real.9354

Hi,
I tried doing the story quest ‘Ships of the Line’ twice now, but ended up leaving the quest twice because of the same bug happening. Once i get to the part where i have to swim underwater to rescue the Windfall crew, i can’t go on.
Some details:
- There are no NPC’s in the green circled area but one (priory scholar i believe), which is untargetable and uninteractable and Zott avoids a certain radius around the NPC for some reason too.
- The objective is ‘rescue the crew of Windfall’ or something like that.
- Zott is following me just fine (i read that some people had problems with that too some time ago)

I hope this can be fixed somehow, because this is my first lvl 80 and it would be a shame that after coming this far i can’t even finish the story.

Thanks in advance.

Have a bug at the same part of the story. I can only revive the ‘Vigil Warmaster’ and cannot progress.

(edited by Beyond Real.9354)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

My friend went back in after the patch. Either his bugged part (the missing crew to rescue) was fixed, or it was a complete kitten moment for us back when we were trying that PS step, as he found them floating -at the top of the ocean not down in the depths where we found the one guy in the stone-. BODIES FLOAT. As he said a number of times upon finding them.

Anyway, he can now continue his way to Arah.

Posted by: Jaexyn.5134

Jaexyn.5134

I’m trying to complete Ships of the Line and I’m at the part where I’m supposed to clear the way for Zott to destroy the siege weapons on the beach. The whole beach is clear but Zott isn’t moving. After he destroyed the first one, he just stayed there not moving.

Please help.

holotype.1643

Hi GW2 Community,

after I tried to complete this Story Quest for 2 Days now, i found a Workaround for myself, so the Regroup Bug won´t appear. It might help you too.

- Start Mission and continue, until you are told to meet your party at the Coast.
- Your party tells you to lead Zott to the remaining Siege Weapons, but don´t do it yet.
- Clear the Coast from every Risen first, until there is no one left.
- Now lead Zott to the Siege Weapons.
- After you led him to the third one, run to the point, where you should regroup with your party, don´t wait until Zott has finished his job.
- The Regroup Bug shouldn´t appear now and you see a short movie clip, after that you can complete your mission normally.

I finished Ship of the Line a few minutes ago. It worked for me, but I might work for you too.

This works.

Thank you SO MUCH

[UV]

Posted by: Radamanthys.3014

Radamanthys.3014

Hello guys, the quest “Ships of the line” in the main story still bugged.

When you go to rescue the crew of the windfall the ship is disappearing .

I remember that this problem was post one month ago.

When are you guys gonna fix it?

I love the way you keep adding new contents to the game but you need to fix old problems too.

Posted by: Mergon.2168

Mergon.2168

I’m having this same issue. I found Elli in the water, but can’t interact with the crew at all.

Posted by: Nighthaven.9326

Nighthaven.9326

First time , I got stuck at ‘regroup and assess the situation’ part. Nothing happened after Zott destroyed the last catapult.
Then I tried as FunkyMonkey said. Cleared all the mobs before I started the event. Zott couldnt destroy the last catapult.

This is 3rd time that I got stuck on storyline quest over a few characters due to the bug (The hatchery, Under siege) and I’m completely disappointed.
So we have to check all the storyline quests before you actually do it, to avoid the bugged ones or lucky enough to find an alternative way to do it. If dont, get stuck for a few months?

The game has had a fatal problem with NPC triggering events since release, and it still happens =/

Posted by: Loren Michael.7891

Loren Michael.7891

I also am having a problem with it. I get to the “Regroup with the team and assess the situation” and then nothing happens. Bug also reported in game.

Marcus Dairy / Loren Michael
Guild Leader of [KT] Knights Templar
www.knights-templar.com/www.stormbluffisle.com

(edited by Loren Michael.7891)

Posted by: Selestine.2751

Selestine.2751

i’m stuck on this quest. I tried the fix up there but it didn’t work for me. I’ve ended up restarting the quest 3 times and i always get stuck at point when Zott is about to destroy the third siege weapon. I cleared up all mobs beforehand and keep using a signal flare to target the location. Nothing happens.

This is getting really frustrating, since i spent the last hours trying to get this to work. How can I finish my storyline? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(edited by Selestine.2751)

holotype.1643

i’m stuck on this quest. I tried the fix up there but it didn’t work for me. I’ve ended up restarting the quest 3 times and i always get stuck at point when Zott is about to destroy the third siege weapon. I cleared up all mobs beforehand and keep using a signal flare to target the location. Nothing happens.

This is getting really frustrating, since i spent the last hours trying to get this to work. How can I finish my storyline? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My only suggestion is to try again, but this time keep this page open in your browser and literally stop once you get to the beach, alt-tab out, and re-read FunkyMonkey’s outline. Follow it EXACTLY as he says.

For example, you don’t have to do anything with the flares, just lead zott to the catas.

of course make sure the beach is 100% pine-sol clean from zombies

Also, make sure to run to the area where the team is supposed to meet (the area where the green circle will appear) and stand there BEFORE zott is through with the third cata. So, lead him to 3rd cata, command him, run to area, wait (will take some time).

[UV]

Posted by: Selestine.2751

Selestine.2751

thanks, i got it to work now

Posted by: Acuba.4312

Acuba.4312

Same here…

So this bug exists since the release of the game? Good job not fixing it.

Posted by: bramblefeet.4385

bramblefeet.4385

Same here…

So this bug exists since the release of the game? Good job not fixing it.

Yup, just had this problem a few moment ago, nice to see this thread at the top. Zott stuck on third trebuchet, won’t do anything.

Seriously, half an hour of messing with the pathing and AI logic would sort this. Kind of annoying to see how many bugs there still are in the personal story almost six months after launch…

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I’m looking into this bug right now, the problem is that it has a very low repro rate so it’s been tricky for us to track down.

Posted by: Vaderlady.8049

Vaderlady.8049

Would really like an update on this issue. I know there is a “workaround” to this problem, but this has been sitting unfixed for at least five months according to the date of the first post…

Posted by: Fornax.7928

Fornax.7928

Personal Story Bugged, cannot interact with either the dead or living asuran in the water.

“So what if the universe is a pointless mass of hydrogen refuse powered by
entropy. I’m spreading ketchup on a rubber duck, and after that I’m going
to brush its teeth. So there.”-

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Personal Story Bugged, cannot interact with either the dead or living asuran in the water.

Not a bug. If you lead Zott to Elli (who’s marked by a quest star on the minimap) he will revive her, but the other poor asura is truly dead.

Fornax.7928

I had to redo this section of the story, sad this bug has not been fixed.

Fornax.7928

You misunderstand, Zott just stopped swimming, he would not move forward and therefore could not revive Elli. I allowed myself to be killed, in the hope of resetting but he did not appear at the spawn point and when I swam to her, he still did not move.

The only thing which fixed this was restarting the whole thing.

Posted by: signahead.7281

signahead.7281

You misunderstand, Zott just stopped swimming, he would not move forward and therefore could not revive Elli. I allowed myself to be killed, in the hope of resetting but he did not appear at the spawn point and when I swam to her, he still did not move.

The only thing which fixed this was restarting the whole thing.

I’m experiencing the same bug. I came here looking for help, and I’m very disheartened to see that this quest has been bugged in one way or another for more than 5 months.

Posted by: stpetemermaid.5947

stpetemermaid.5947

This story line is VERY picky. I on purpose have not chosen this path after completing it once. And that once took me three tries.

The first time: The cannons on the risen ship side of the boat did not appear. It is possible that I took too long to clear the slime and plug the holes below. It also took me some time to figure out I could use the shields on the cannons on the shore side to damage the risen ships, so they never got enough damage to sink.

Second time: Had cannons on both sides, got ships sunk. I did not talk to Zott in the water to get him to follow. When I realized he wasn’t following, I went back to get him, and our ship was under attack. There were more slime in the hold. NPCs on the ship were dead. Zott followed, but would not revive Elli.

Third time: Plugged holes, sunk ships, then WAITED for mobs to appear on the SHIP. Cleared all mobs on the ship BEFORE talking to Zott in the water. Zott followed and revived Elli.

PS: You can revive the Warmaster (has a rez symbol), and after Elli, you can revive a couple of others if you have signet with rez skill equipped (necro one for me).

(edited by stpetemermaid.5947)

Posted by: Ithurien.3652

Ithurien.3652

Yes, just ran into the oozes problem below decks. Not impressed given this is a main storyline mission and the issues have been known for at least 5 months.

(edited by Ithurien.3652)

Posted by: jpersson.7368

jpersson.7368

I can revive the crew with the ranger skill “Search and Rescue” and “spirit of Nature” — but I do /not/ get the ordinary revive option.

I can also bring Zott to Elli but he did /not/ revive her (see screen shot).

I am stuck and would appreciate if you digged deeper into this.

Attachments:

Relax… nothing is under control

Posted by: Emberfoot.6847

Emberfoot.6847

I recently did this mission and had no problem reviving Elli, but Zott simply stood at the third catapult and did nothing. Ran around killing anything we could, trying to get him killed, getting ourselves killed, I even tried glitching into the boat with skills to see if I could get on and use the cannon myself :P
Luckily for me the 2nd time we did the mission it worked, but this really is not the sort of thing you expect to have a problem doing, so wasn’t expecting to have to look on a forum for a workaround.

Posted by: jpersson.7368

jpersson.7368

I just tried the mission a second time and it worked all the way through. I probably left the ship with an unfulfilled requirement the first time.

Relax… nothing is under control

Posted by: bramblefeet.4385

bramblefeet.4385

Adding to my post from three weeks back… FunkyMonkey’s workaround didn’t work for me (still got bugged on catapults) but after multiple attempts, what did work:

Met up with the group at the shore, moved Zott to the first catapult but left prompt open until we’d dealt with all risen in the immediate area of the catapult and Zott was not in aggro, then clicked for Zott to place the bomb. Cleared the rest of the risen around the first catapult and waited until it was destroyed (we used signal flares without any issues). Moved on to second and third catapults in turn and followed the same steps (move up to catapults, ignore prompt for Zott to place bomb until all the risen in aggro range are dead, tell Zott to plant, use flares and wait until you’ve cleared the section before moving on).In short, any attempt at doing the mission quickly or efficiently seems to make it break.

Chances are it won’t work for anyone else (as is the nature of the game…) but it’s the only thing that’s worked for me so far.

Posted by: SPNKr.6208

SPNKr.6208

I think I know why the bugs occur, and why some of these fixes work. Leaving an NPC in combat and then moving on to the next part of the event appears to bug them. For example, leaving zott in combat and swimming to the wreckage by yourself will port him to you, but he won’t do anything. I suspect some of the bugs that occur on the shore are caused by this as well. Killing all the undead on the beach and the oozes before proceeding prevents this from happening.

In short, don’t leave any NPCs in combat before moving on to the next waypoint, and the event should proceed smoothly. On the dev’s side, maybe you could implement a complete reset of the NPCs once a waypoint is reached, so this bug doesn’t happen.

Posted by: Trissleena.3481

Trissleena.3481

I’m having a problem working the cannons when I try to shoot it says out of range. Is anyone else having this problem. And if so how do I wok the cannons.
Thank You that worked.

(edited by Trissleena.3481)

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Look under Options and see if you have Fast Cast Ground Targeting turned on, if you do it will try to fire at your mouse cursor, which might not be at a valid location. Try turning it off.

Posted by: Trissleena.3481

Trissleena.3481

Thank You that worked awesome.

Posted by: Ashani.8530

Ashani.8530

Have a bug at the same part of the story. I can only revive the ‘Vigil Warmaster’ and cannot progress.

Posted by: Alyx.2105

Alyx.2105

^ This

Posted by: Vovin.3547

Vovin.3547

If you are having trouble with reviving try this. Before you jump off the ship to look for survivors wait for Zott to jump into the water. After that it should work.

Posted by: Daedus Wolfe.1749

Daedus Wolfe.1749

Still a problem, apparently, as I just ran into the problem with Zott stopping at the edge of the green circle when trying to revive Elli. He wont move at all and the only member of the crew I can revive is the vigil warmaster.

Posted by: Gwylen.3462

Gwylen.3462

Having the same issue with only being able to revive the Vigil Warmaster and no-one else

Edit: Restarted mission several times, let Zott go into the water first, nothing seems to be working and it’s halting progression

Gwylen (Aurora Glade [EU])

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharGwyl

(edited by Gwylen.3462)

Posted by: slayermatt.5079

slayermatt.5079

I have the same bug, I can only revive one npc.

Posted by: Kettricken.7086

Kettricken.7086

I see the last response from gw2 crew is 4 month ago.. have you decided that we must live with this bug? It is very frustrating. I have now spent the last two hours trying to get true this.. and it is bugged several places… Please fix this before I get to tired of this game!

It is bugged when we are swimming out to rescue the crew from the ship… Zott stops at the green edge..

I managed to get past this after a couple of retries.. and then when i entered the land to help Zott explode all three siege engines it is bugged when you should regroup.

As I read above that there is a way past this I decided to give it one last try.. and then I had to start all over.. and then Zott decided to not help me in the water again..

AAAAAARGGGHHHH. Do you know how frustrating this is.., maybe i should go back to wow again.

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

The problem is that the bug is extremely random. I’ve played through this story step numerous times with no problems (as have most players) but there’s obviously a way to cause it to stall out. Unfortunately, I haven’t found this, so there’s really little I can do. Not all of the NPCs in the water can be revived; getting close to Elli should cause Zott to revive her. If you’re encountering another bug at another point, I need specifics.