Sigils Bugged on Giver's Weapons

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

EDIT: I changed the title from ‘Superior Sigil of Torment Bugged’ since I’ve determined that the bugs I’ve detailed below only happens with Giver’s weapons.

I have a Superior Sigil of Torment on one weapon and a Superior Sigil of Earth on the other. When these are both equipped Torment never proc’s but the bleeds do.

With a Superior Sigil of Torment on one weapon and a Superior Sigil of Strength on the other again no Torment ever appears, but the might does.

With a Superior Sigil of Torment coupled with a Superior Sigil of Battle both the Torment and the might on swap work fine (edit: only if no Giver’s weapons are equipped).

Maybe I’m misunderstanding how ‘on crit’ sigils are supposed to work together now but this is what I’m going on:

‘Sigils no longer share the same cooldown. Example: Sigil of Fire no longer shares a cooldown with Sigil of Air.’

I’ve tried logging in and out and manually taking the weapons in and out of my inventory and still the same results. No torment and this bug is, well…tormenting.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

(edited by Wasbunny.6531)

Wasbunny.6531

Could anyone that has a Superior Sigil of Torment on one weapon and a Superior Sigil of Earth on the other please post if these are working together properly?

I find it hard to imagine I’m either the only one who is experimenting with that combination or am the only one it’s bugged for.

I’ve already posted an in-game bug report but until it’s fixed I’m looking at two weapons that have expensive and useless sigils on them. Please post so we can get this fixed.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Wasbunny.6531

UPDATE:

I just replaced my Superior Sigils of Earth with Superior Sigils of Geomancy thinking I would just use this combination until the Superior Sigil of Torment gets fixed.

Torment still never procs. The Sigil of Geomancy works correctly on swap but never any Torment, ever.

Some variables to help narrow down the problem. My character is a human female necromancer and all weapons have been transmuted (pre patch). Weapon stats on one set are Giver’s and the other set is Berserkers. All weapons are exotic. Critical chance is 51%. If I have only one weapon with the Sigil of Torment equipped it procs. If both weapons have the Sigil of Torment it procs.

So it looks like I’m stuck with 16g worth of worthless sigils on this character until this is fixed. Luckily I have 7 others to play in the meantime.

Since all I’m hearing is crickets in this thread I’m starting to think this is only happening to this one character. It would be extremely helpful if anyone has tried out any of these combinations to post their results.

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

sigil of earth and torment are working fine for me

Wasbunny.6531

Thanks for the reply Khezekiah.

I just did some more tests and got even stranger results.

Sigil of Torment on one weapon and Sigil of Geomancy on the other. Same for off set. I unequipped all weapons and equipped them one by one and the torment started to be applied. Once I had all four weapons equipped I was getting reliable Torment but now the Sigil of Geomancy stopped working. No on swap at all.

I then took all weapons back into inventory and reequipped all at once. Now the Torment is gone but the Sigils of Geomancy are proccing when I swap. Back to square one.

This is reminding me of when the Giver’s weapons first came out they wouldn’t give you the condition duration after you were downed. We all figured out a work around by going into townclothes and then back into armor which reset it. It was eventually fixed.

Anybody else having issues with the ‘on critical hit’ sigils being nullified by others?

Wasbunny.6531

UPDATE & CONCLUSION: I went ahead and made an entirely new set of weapons and put a Superior Sigil of Torment and a Superior Sigil of Geomancy on each set. The only difference from the set I was using above is that they are Rampager, not Giver’s.

They work perfectly.

My conclusion is: Giver’s weapons do not work correctly with sigils after the patch.

I don’t know if it’s just Sigil of Torment or if it’s all but my results from above are 100% repeatable with Giver’s weapons. If even one Giver’s weapon is equipped the two sigils will conflict with each other and only one will ever activate.

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Just going to add to this thread…I can confirm that Giver’s weapons are bugged. I’m currently running p/d & p/d, both sets are giver’s, both pistols have the sigils of battle, and the daggers have sigils of doom. when I swap weapon sets the sigil of doom queue’s up for my next attack. However sigil of battle does not proc to give me might stacks. However…if for testing I run p/p & d/d, so that means the two pistols both with sigils of battle and the two daggers with sigils of doom, the sigils of battle correctly proc when i swap to them. So as said above Giver’s weapons are causing some sigil conflicts or something.

A word from Anet that a fix is on the way would be great…

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Posted by: Bigoak.3270

Bigoak.3270

The Corruption stacks are being applied correctly on my Giver’s Shield, and the Condition Damage is being increased on my Hero panel.
So not all Sigils on Giver’s weapons are bugged.

~Bigoak