Soft Wood Logs Crafting

Soft Wood Logs Crafting

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

For those who have been crafting Ascended weapons might have noticed this. The requirement for Soft Wood Logs to craft a Soft Wood Plank is 4 instead of 3. It’s the only recipe that needs 4 while all the other plank recipes only need 3.

I tried to come up with a valid reason why they have done it like this but I really can’t figure it out so I’m guessing it’s a bug. Also quite an expensive bug, both in gold and time.

Let’s say you want to craft an Ascended Staff. The staff requires 9 Spiritwood Planks. To make one plank you need 20 Soft Wood Planks. That means you need 180 Soft Wood Planks to create one Staff.

In total you’ll need 4 × 180 = 720 Soft Wood Logs to create a staff.

According to the most recent TP prices one Soft Wood log goes for 1s84c. It would cost 13g46. Which isn’t that crazy and only takes you a day of dungeon running. But compared to a Hard Wood Plank, which only requires 3 logs to create, that’s twice as expensive.

Don’t even think about farming it because one tree on average only nets you 3 logs. That means you would have to find 240 trees.

This is absolutely the worst part of crafting the Ascended if you ask me. Because the areas to farm them are all low level. There is nothing to gain for me other than running around looking for these trees. Not fun I can tell you.

Soft Wood Logs Crafting

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

There are historical reasons for this, thus working as intended. It is probably no longer required, but it is what it is.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Soft Wood Logs Crafting

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

GW2 is no grinding/ farming game….

It’s all about foresting and mining.

Soft Wood Logs Crafting

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

There are historical reasons for this, thus working as intended. It is probably no longer required, but it is what it is.

Explain please

Soft Wood Logs Crafting

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Explain please

There was a time that soft wood logs were so plentiful that ArenaNet wanted to create more demand for the logs, thus raised the bar 1. Now that majority of players have long since moved away from those maps and into “Living Story”, end game maps, these increased in price.

Orginally it was 3 like the rest.

Soft Wood Logs Crafting

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

It’s the same deal with Iron. All other metal materials cost 2 to refine while Iron costs 3. All other wood materials cost 3 to refine while Soft Wood costs 4.

As Antara mentioned, in the beginning of the game, there were so many T2 mats that they did this to increase the demand for them. With Ascended armors needing them and T2 mats costing so much now, they probably need to rework T2 to realign with the other material tiers.

As for farming them, I’d rather farm 3 or 4 stacks of elder wood in 20 minutes and sell those to buy the other mats I need.

(edited by Enko.6123)

Soft Wood Logs Crafting

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

it is intentional from the beginning it must be hard to get !
that is why i restock on cloth mats for armors :P i advise you do the same so there will be no surprises later (refine mats)

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Soft Wood Logs Crafting

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I get my soft wood planks by mystically upgrading green wood planks. The price difference is such, that even a pretty bad roll on the numbers has me break even, and my rolls have been a lot better than pretty bad.

Soft Wood Logs Crafting

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Shhh! Don’t let out our secret, Manasa!

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Soft Wood Logs Crafting

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

They need to go back and revisit several material changes they made as they probably no longer make sense. Like chocolate. Chocolate used to be very abundant and then they made it limited in where you would obtain it.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!