Southsun Cove bugs

Southsun Cove bugs

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

1. Pearl Islet WP: there is two Advisor Okk NPCs. One is “Advisor Okk” (conversation options). The other is “Advisor Okk [Repairs]” (only option is to abort the conversation, no repairing). They overlap.

With the patch on may 17th the NPCs at Pearl Islet where fixed, but as of may 19th they are bugged again.

• Okk is cloned again
  • CSF-A is now also cloned
  • Merchant on the left is suddenly back (he was gone after the patch of may 17th)

2. “Crazed Veteran Hermit Crab” looks and behaves like a skelk. (I think this was at Kiel’s camp?)^

3. My settler/consortium boost wears off every time my client crashes. When I’m put back in the game, I’m still at my original location, but minus the buff, which I then have to get again from a town.

There is a clothing line that hangs between a palm tree and a big nothing on the other end – north of Kiel’s waypoint. fixed
Left of it, where the fish hangs to dry, there is a line of fish that hangs between nothing and nothing (just floating in the air).

5. On “defend” and “skirmisher” events, the “counter” text is
“Waves remaining: n/5”
With n counting up from 1 to 5, making it sound like there is more waves “remaining” the more the event advances. Surely it should either count down “waves remaining” from 5 to 1 or count up “waves defeated” from 1 to 5. (Other events correctly say “waves defeated”)

6. + 7.

When tagging veteran karkas for the kill credit, if you don’t do massive damage on both parts of it’s death (armor death then real death) you get zero credit, also you cannot rally off of death #2 even though you might not have used a rally on death #1 and if you’re downed when it dies regardless of how much damage you did, you don’t get credit for the kill. I confirmed this multiple times and am able to repeat it fairly easily. This seems to be mainly a karka problem, haven’t had this issue with any other mobs on the island yet and have done far less damage on some of them because they die so fast and yet still got full credit for it.

Camp Karka skirmishers event gets stuck frequently resulting in contested waypoint .

(Seems to happen for some players but not for others)

8. The veteran karka at the end of the Varrv quest (bombing karka nests in cave) doesn’t drop a karka shell.
This possibly applies to the veteran karka hive defender at the end of the karka egg event in Captain’s Retreat as well.

Also the Heralds in town do not speak about southsun cove events.

I have another bug too, when wearing gem store armor skins like the krytan armor, you won’t remove armor at the beach for the skinny dipping achieve, but it will blank out your skill bar. Added a screenie.

(Screenshots: please see below in Ether’s reply)

11. Pearl islet champion skelk chest: if you fall into the little compartment at the side of the boat, you’re stuck (can’t jump out). Oh, you also can’t waypoint out of course if any other player is still in combat with the champion.

I don’t know if this is supposed to go here, but I could find no better place. If you know of a better place, please point me there.

During the Instigator Group Events, the burning-like condition applied by the Champion Instigator seems to have no boon counterpart, so when I try to ‘remove’ it with Pure of Voice nothing happens, which is very impractical as it is my only condition removal.

I don’t have any environmental/ambient audio on the Southsun map. Someone in chat said they only have it when it rains. Southsun is quiet. Way too quiet.

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

Southsun Cove bugs

Posted by: Memphis.3274

Memphis.3274

1. Pearl Islet WP: there is two Advisor Okk NPCs. One is “Advisor Okk” (conversation options). The other is “Advisor Okk [Repairs]” (only option is to abort the conversation, no repairing). They overlap.

I also found the Okk twins, yesterday he was fine tho.

Attachments:

Southsun Cove bugs

Pixelpumpkin.4608

He wasn’t fine yesterday for me – maybe it is something that only occurs on certain servers? I’m TC but have been exclusively on different overflow servers so far.

Southsun Cove bugs

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

He wasn’t fine yesterday for me – maybe it is something that only occurs on certain servers? I’m TC but have been exclusively on different overflow servers so far.

A LOT is bugging out especially on the Overflows – All of the ‘save the NPC’ quests were bugged on the two overflows I was on today – meaning of course that all the waypoints were also permanently in contested status. Very annoying. Hopefully we can at least get a server restart.

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

Southsun Cove bugs

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Yeah almost all the WP’s were contested in Overflow last night with broken events. Then somehow I managed to get into my actual home server Southsun and all was well.

Southsun Cove bugs

Posted by: DragonJTS.9543

DragonJTS.9543

Yeah almost all the WP’s were contested in Overflow last night with broken events. Then somehow I managed to get into my actual home server Southsun and all was well.

Count yourself lucky. Half the WPs on my server have been contested since yesterday, so I’m SOL no matter where I end up.

Southsun Cove bugs

Posted by: DragonJTS.9543

DragonJTS.9543

5. On “defend” events, the “counter” text is

“Waves remaining: n/5”

With n counting up from 1 to 5, making it sound like there is more waves “remaining” the more the event advances. Surely it should either count down “waves remaining” from 5 to 1 or count up “waves completed” from 1 to 5.

Same for “skirmishers remaining”.

Southsun Cove bugs

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

When tagging veteran karkas for the kill credit, if you don’t do massive damage on both parts of it’s death (armor death then real death) you get zero credit, also you cannot rally off of death #2 even though you might not have used a rally on death #1 and if you’re downed when it dies regardless of how much damage you did, you don’t get credit for the kill. I confirmed this multiple times and am able to repeat it fairly easily. This seems to be mainly a karka problem, haven’t had this issue with any other mobs on the island yet and have done far less damage on some of them because they die so fast and yet still got full credit for it.

Camp Karka skirmishers event gets stuck frequently resulting in contested waypoint .

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

(edited by Druss.6917)

Southsun Cove bugs

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Hmm, I rallied today on a veteran karka’s first form (when it shed its shell) – twice. So maybe that only happens under specific circumstances?

1. added.

Southsun Cove bugs

Posted by: Memphis.3274

Memphis.3274

With the patch on may 17th the NPCs at Pearl Islet where fixed, but as of may 19th they are bugged again.

• Okk is cloned again
  • CSF-A is now also cloned
  • Merchant on the left is suddenly back (he was gone after the patch of may 17th)

Attachments:

Southsun Cove bugs

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Thanks, I added it to the 1st post.

Southsun Cove bugs

Posted by: Sinned.8419

Sinned.8419

Also the Heralds in town do not speak about southsun cove events.

Guild Wars 2 Machinimas and Let’s Plays found at www.youtube.com/delusionalquester

Southsun Cove bugs

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Hmm, I rallied today on a veteran karka’s first form (when it shed its shell) – twice. So maybe that only happens under specific circumstances?

1. added.

I know what Druss was talking about, yes you can rally most of the time on the armor shed, but you won’t rally when it dies the second time.

I have another bug too, when wearing gem store armor skins like the krytan armor, you won’t remove armor at the beach for the skinny dipping achieve, but it will blank out your skill bar. Added a screenie.

Attachments:

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Southsun Cove bugs

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Thanks guys, I added your findings to the top post!

Also the trap in the boat by pearl islet.

Southsun Cove bugs

Posted by: Laveno.9387

Laveno.9387

I don’t know if this is supposed to go here, but I could find no better place. If you know of a better place, please point me there.

During the Instigator Group Events, the burning-like condition applied by the Champion Instigator seems to have no boon counterpart, so when I try to ‘remove’ it with Pure of Voice nothing happens, which is very impractical as it is my only condition removal.

Southsun Cove bugs

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I have no idea, but I’ll add it to the post! Thanks!

Southsun Cove bugs

Posted by: ExAstris.8527

ExAstris.8527

I don’t have any environmental/ambient audio on the Southsun map. Someone in chat said they only have it when it rains. Southsun is quiet. Way too quiet.

Gwen Dlynn; human engineer (1st class)
Sir Reginald Doom; Charr necromancer (wip)
Aurora Skykin; Norn guardian (wip)

Southsun Cove bugs

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Well, there’s tonight’s patch – I wonder if any of these things made it into the patch…

Southsun Cove bugs

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Veterans from Skirmisher events don’t seem to count towards daily vet slayer achievement – anybody else confirm this?

Southsun Cove bugs

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The clothing line was fixed… that’s something, I suppose. :P