Stuck in the map or seeing map art issues?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

At Shamans Rookery puzzle

Hmm, could you describe what is wrong there? Based on your image I couldn’t see anything weird there.

Posted by: Rago.9453

Rago.9453

Zone : Iron Marches
Area : Soldier Mesa
Issue : Textural/graphical issues with the environment or world props

This is the Flame Legion Shaman cave when you go inside you can see the outside from one part of the ceiling but when you come out you see rocks and you can even walk on them.

First image: the view from inside the cave
Second image: the view from outside the cave
Third image: it’s me walking in the “bugged rock”
Fourth image: map location

Attachments:

(edited by Rago.9453)

Posted by: Avarres.9735

Avarres.9735

Zone: Edge of The Mist
Area: Tytone Perch Reactor
Issue: Stuck in place, can only jump to sky.

Attachments:

Posted by: Avarres.9735

Avarres.9735

Zone: Ascalonian Catacomb
Area: Archive of the Resting
Issue: Stuck in wall
Additional Info: When i try destroy graveling burrow and use Whirlwind Blade great sword warrior skill.

Attachments:

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

still hasn’t been fixed. Skyhammer.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zeno Iagara.8540

Zeno Iagara.8540

Sootberme, Mount Maelstrom
It is hard to see on the image but the tree is surrounded by floating bushes.

Attachments:

Zeno Iagara.8540

The Bloodtrough, Straits of Devastation.
I’ve been half eaten by the rocks

Attachments:

Posted by: Aquatix Sanguine.4298

Aquatix Sanguine.4298

Wayfarer Foothills, Frusenfell Creek – during Norn Personal story “The Wolf Havrun”

The Mesmer staff Skill “Phase Retreat” was probably the culprit

I warped inside the cave wall

Attachments:

Posted by: Turpenstein.8213

Turpenstein.8213

In the lair of the Veteran Crazy Inquest Researcher. Stuck in the rock wall facing him while fighting. I’ve tried relogging, fighting- no luck. Clones stack on my head and aren’t noticed by mobs. I cannot click- or tab-target to fight.

Hosed

EDIT: RESOLVED. Turned so my back faced empty space and used Phase Retreat. Immediately unstuck. Thanks Aquatix Sanguine.4298

Attachments:

Turpenstein
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

(edited by Turpenstein.8213)

Posted by: DarthSidious.2907

DarthSidious.2907

I have the following bug happening when I turn the camera (see attached screenshot)

This can happen in a number of places:
- In water
- In the daytime
- At night-time

At first I thought it was a driver issue, so I updated my drivers to Catalyst 14.6, I’m using an Asus Radeon r9 280x CUII Top.

(I have already replaced the card once due to an actual fault)

I think it’s possibly a shader or post-processing bug as when I turn these settings off it sometimes (not always) clears up.

Here’s my system specs too:
AMD A10-7700K @ 4.1GHz
16GB Corsair Ram @1866MHz
SanDisk SSD 256GB (This just holds my Windows OS)
Seagate 3TB Exernal Drive (USB 3.0) (This holds the game)
Corsair RM850 PSU

Hope someone can fix this irritating bug!

Attachments:

Posted by: The Colorless Wolf.6703

The Colorless Wolf.6703

I managed to get inside the mystic forge (and was stuck there). In no way exploitable, and probably not even worth fixing, but a bug nonetheless. It’s just silly fun.

Feed me your exotics, and maybe I’ll vomit up a precursor!

http://imgur.com/a/ZwbxD

How it is done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tNX9dlVQjo

After you revive, just walk towards the center of the “cylinder” of walls, and fall down into it.

Mains:
Kosgar Iceborn – Norn Necromancer (PvE Main)
Vinnor Swiftpaws – Charr Engineer (WvW Main)

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

In Fractals in the Frozen map

At the end boss, there is a wall that u can end up behind (the far end wall, seen from the entrance) and not be able to get out of, Leading to that the participant gets no not and cannot participate in the rest of the fight. have happened several times that friends of mine have ended up there. Below are 2 examples.
In first pic, a Norn is stuck, in second an Asura.

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Zeno Iagara.8540

If you look at Fens arm you can see through it. I know the image is a bit dark, sorry about that.

Attachments:

Posted by: zerkeros.4176

zerkeros.4176

Picture #1: Encountered these graphical “issues” while on my Home in Divinity’s Reach. The grass on that spot isn’t entirely in the designated area.

Picture #2: Just a minor graphical bug where this rock floats in Stonebore Vaults. It’s because this rock statick mesh is placed on a minor slope in that terrain so it’s floating.

Attachments:

(edited by zerkeros.4176)

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Kessex Hills
Fort Salma(destroyed)

Can see through terrain/wall textures.

Attachments:

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Frostfang.5109

I most of the time get stuck in a vine that grabs the WP in Dry top (see minimap in Picture). Cant get out. U’ll have to WP somewhere else and walk to that part of the mep as it is right now. The Picture show whet u see from inside the vine (and the minimap)….

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Frostfang.5109

When doing Ulgoth. I fell trough the Surface of the map when interacting with the reward chest and ended up in the vast “sea” below. Saw Everything from below…

Attachments:

Kima & Co

shadow.6174

While playing a Personal Story instance I was teleported inside a wall due some bugs with some skill. I only could get out of it by using Blink a few times.

Side note: when it happened I tried to use the /stuck command as I had heard about it somewhere else. It said I would be teleported after a while but I didn’t wait to see what the outcome would be. Could someone please tell me what’s the purpose of that command and what it does exactly?

Attachments:

Posted by: Melanis.8309

Melanis.8309

my walk in the sparkly fen

Attachments:

Melanis.8309

this and many many other ground textures with NO shadow projection

Attachments:

Posted by: Bartender.1674

Bartender.1674

When I maptravel to the Prosperity Waypoint in Dry Top I sometimes get spawned stuck in the vine.

Posted by: GHOST.5187

GHOST.5187

fireheart rise map doesn’t load and crash the game

Posted by: Legendario.9146

Legendario.9146

Zone: Bloodtide Coast
Area: Moriarity’s Hold
Issue: Graphic bug, you can go through textures
Additional Info: It is possible to jump on the rocks and go behind the textures. You can see nearest cave if you go through it.

Attachments:

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

Bloodtide Coast. Top of the Mole’s Head. Toward NW from Vista.

The art disappear and appear when the player camera is turned. Player can go through walls.

Perhaps the place is not meant to be visited, but the access is in the north side of the hill.

Melanis.8309

shadow bugs in WvW maps

Attachments:

Posted by: faereader.4029

faereader.4029

Stuck inside the Vine Bridge that goes from Uplands Oasis to Repair Station Waypoint at Dry Top
-Server: Ferguson’s Crossing
-Map/location: Dry Top/Uplands Oasis
-Character info(level, race, profession): Level 80 Human Ranger
-Describe issue:
I had just finished the event " Drive the Mordrem away from the vine bridge planting area". I was standing near the edge of the rock platform and saw dirt particles by my feet so I dodge rolled to the left and went nowhere. I tried to jump over the vine as I saw it forming around me and became stuck inside the vine. I was able to walk inside and up the vine about 1/4 of the way until the path became blocked. My pet bear was on the outside of the vine. I had to waypoint to get out of there.

Attachments:

shadow.6174

I had just finished the event " Drive the Mordrem away from the vine bridge planting area". I was standing near the edge of the rock platform and saw dirt particles by my feet so I dodge rolled to the left and went nowhere. I tried to jump over the vine as I saw it forming around me and became stuck inside the vine.

Something similar happened to me after that harpy event at Plains of Ashford. Just when the event ended I unintentionally stood where one of the mortars spawn and when it did I got stuck “under” the mortar. Luckily Blink worked for me in that case. A similar thing can happen with a vendor near where Stampeding Minotaurs event happens at Wayfarer’s Foothills, the area where the vendor respawn has a “pull” effect whenever you approaches it during the event (it even forces the camera to turn as if you were facing the vendor but it’s not there anymore) and I believe it could get you stuck when it respawns.

Maybe putting some block or pushing the player away when it’s about to spawn could avoid it to happen.

Frostfang.5109

In AC right at th entrance (inside the dungeon) this happens at a certain angle…

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Frostfang.5109

In Dredgehaunt Cliffs.

Ther are strage patterns on the ground all over the map…

Attachments:

Kima & Co

Posted by: eusmecher.8937

eusmecher.8937

Hi there,found this map glich in Queensdale ,you can go out of map from there see photo below.

Attachments:

Posted by: eusmecher.8937

eusmecher.8937

Hi found another map bug in divinity reach melandru waypoint,you can blink trought this wall and go under map.

Attachments:

Zeno Iagara.8540

Divinities Reach

A protruding piece of art is coming through the wall. It is only visible from one side as shown in the attached images.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zigerine.1439

Zigerine.1439

Hi.

I don’t know if this is the right place to be, but I did my best. The overall map (and minimap) in my game does not show vistas or POIs och skill challenges or anything like that. Just WPs and hearts. And of course, scouts, merchants and such.

I’ve checked everything on the map options and I’ve looked through the game options numerous times, there’s nothing I can do to fix this. I really want this to work, I’d really appreciate some help. It didn’t look like this the last time I played, which was over a year ago on a different computer.

Thanks so much in advance.

shadow.6174

Hi.

I don’t know if this is the right place to be, but I did my best. The overall map (and minimap) in my game does not show vistas or POIs och skill challenges or anything like that. Just WPs and hearts. And of course, scouts, merchants and such.

I’ve checked everything on the map options and I’ve looked through the game options numerous times, there’s nothing I can do to fix this. I really want this to work, I’d really appreciate some help. It didn’t look like this the last time I played, which was over a year ago on a different computer.

Thanks so much in advance.

I believe you already did it but it doesn’t hurt to ask: did you check that option in map, the one through the “eye” in the bottom left, right? Also, you say you haven’t been in game for a while, a lot of things has been changed lately and one of them was the NPE (New Players Experience) that locks out some of those items. What’s the level of the char you used when you noted the things “missing”?

Posted by: Skrilling.4307

Skrilling.4307

I don’t have a screen shot but on multiple occasions I’ve been approaching a harvesting node and seen a persons name, but they appear to be underground under the node. As I get closer, the name disappears and I can’t find it again. Saw it again today and decided to check the forums. If I see it again, I’ll get a screen shot and post here.

shadow.6174

I don’t have a screen shot but on multiple occasions I’ve been approaching a harvesting node and seen a persons name, but they appear to be underground under the node. As I get closer, the name disappears and I can’t find it again. Saw it again today and decided to check the forums. If I see it again, I’ll get a screen shot and post here.

This thread wouldn’t be the best place to post about that as it wouldn’t be a map design or art issue. In fact, it’s known that there are gathering bots that jumps between nodes and appears to be underground. In case you see any of them again you better report them using the in-game tool or, in any case, send an email to exploits@arena.net.

There is a thread where people were reporting these occurrences, but thanks to the working search I can’t it right now :P. I’ll update this post if I find it.

EDIT: Here you go: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Bot-Hot-Spots/

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: Lommy.9163

Lommy.9163

I’ve just fallen through the ground during Caithe’s Reconnaissance Squad. Everyone but my Flesh Golem has joined me. It happened after I placed a mine on the mordrem corpse and it detonated.

Attachments:

Posted by: L U X A.9452

L U X A.9452

Was playing AC p3 and when first burrow spawned I fell under the map

Attachments:

Posted by: Gangnamstyle.8374

Gangnamstyle.8374

Dear Anet,

I have marked the area on the screenshot where I got stuck today on WvW.
It occured during a fight and I suddenly got stuck into the wall. It was probably caused by my Blink skill.

Please look into this matter.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
WW

Attachments:

Zeno Iagara.8540

Bloodtide Coast, Stormbluff Isle
Near to the Vista is a triangular piece of rock that is missing a face.

Attachments:

Zeno Iagara.8540

Iron Marches, Monger’s Sink
I think Mordy may have frightened this Barracuda out of the water and onto the platform.

Attachments:

Posted by: Tatsu.9805

Tatsu.9805

I logged out at Valslake, when i logged back in I was out of the map.

Attachments:

Posted by: Hierofantus.3250

Hierofantus.3250

Zone: Sparkfly Fen
Area: Splintered Coast
Issue: poison field was square not round

Attachments:

Posted by: artisticMarauder.7849

artisticMarauder.7849

Server: Anvil Rock
Map/location: Caledon Forest – Ogham Wilds
Description: There are floating textures in the middle of the field. They can be a little difficult to see as they are transparent. I’ve traced around each instance that I found and also indicated with a line roughly how high above the ground they are floating (they can be a bit difficult to pick out from the background).

Attachments:

artisticMarauder.7849

Map/location: Caledon Forest – Wychmire Swamp
Description: There are floating moss textures that look like they should be hanging from a tree branch. So far, this is the only instance of this issue that I have found so far; I’ve attached two screenshots of the location as I’m sure finding the exact location of these things can be a pain.

Attachments:

Posted by: Daimon Vampires.5873

Daimon Vampires.5873

Graphics anomalies like this have been happening to me for years yep. GW2 has more bugs than I’ve seen in any other MMO. I finally had enough of the bugs and poor gameplay and Uninstalled GW2. I’ll come back if they do some SuperBox event, but other than that…I think I’ve tolerated the poor gameplay long enough.

artisticMarauder.7849

Map/location: Diessa Plateau – Town of Nolan
Description: There are some odd lighting textures here and there in the little hidden area behind the Town of Nolan where Anya tends to her strawberries (I love this little area). I’ve indicated the major offenders in the screenshots, but the place could probably use a texture/lighting pass.

I’ve also included my graphics settings in case it helps at all!

Attachments:

Posted by: IpwnUall.5067

IpwnUall.5067

Report: Wall Clipping Bug
Area: Bloodtide Coast

I am able to clip into the wall and there seems to be an invisible barrier that allows me to walk above the caves. Prior to this happening I wasn’t doing anything in particular. When I first got stuck in the wall, I returned to the Marshwatch Haven waypoint then returned to the area and was still able to clip the wall.
YouTube video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wtsXvb_i_Q&feature=youtu.be

Posted by: MeshMosh.4328

MeshMosh.4328

Report: Map completion progress reset
Area: Sparkfly Fen / Straits of Devastation
Character name: Semiphorial
Error code: 7:11:3:191:101

I was teleporting from Sparkfly Fen to Strait of Devastation, while loading the map of Straits of Devastation, the game kept toggling between loading Sparkfly fen and loading Straits of devastation, finally it loaded Straits of Devastation, but when I tried to walk toward the way point I got disconnected, I tried logging in many times after that but I couldn’t last more than a minute before disconnecting.

Now my map completion progress is resetted to Zero, at logging screen it says I am in Sparkfly Fen, currently I can’t access my character or leave this map.

All my other characters are working fine.

shadow.6174

Report: Map completion progress reset
Area: Sparkfly Fen / Straits of Devastation
Character name: Semiphorial
Error code: 7:11:3:191:101

I was teleporting from Sparkfly Fen to Strait of Devastation, while loading the map of Straits of Devastation, the game kept toggling between loading Sparkfly fen and loading Straits of devastation, finally it loaded Straits of Devastation, but when I tried to walk toward the way point I got disconnected, I tried logging in many times after that but I couldn’t last more than a minute before disconnecting.

Now my map completion progress is resetted to Zero, at logging screen it says I am in Sparkfly Fen, currently I can’t access my character or leave this map.

All my other characters are working fine.

That’s not a map art issue, it’s possibly related to this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Rollback-time