Stuck in the map or seeing map art issues?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kirk Williford.2653

Previous

Kirk Williford.2653

ArenaNet QA Team

Next

Hey guys,

I’ve added all of these since Josh’s last post to the list for us to look into further. Thank you for all of the reports!

Posted by: AardvarkGal.1975

AardvarkGal.1975

My character is stuck in the Highden Caves, Field of Ruin, Isle of Janthir server. Boddiccea, lvl 37 Human Guardian. I’m stuck in the nest – actually the nest has disappeared and I’m balancing this dead animal on my head – surrounded by shadow imps.
Sorry, I don’t remember what I was doing when I got stuck, except thinking “I hope they don’t see me, I can’t take them all at once.”

Thanks for your help!

Attachments:

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Title: Bridge To Landscape Transition Openings

Zone: Caledon Forest
Area: Treemarch Estuary (near Kraitbane Haven Waypoint)

The two bridges do not blend into the road landscape at all four connection points due to the landscape dipping down instead of being raised to cover over the ends of the bridges. This dipping of the landscape results in large openings where the bridge endings should be covered over.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: arkenstone.7896

arkenstone.7896

My character has gotten stuck in several places but I can’t rember where. usually you can still move but not get out of a small location. the terrain is too steep to get out of, or there are holes that are too small. I got stuck where a boat bow is sticking out of the ground and there are planks missing. somehow i got inside the frame but the holes are too small to get out of. I think it was in Desmina’s Hallows/Mausollus Sea, Cursed Shore, Orr. The too steep areas can be possible just by falling down into them. I got stuck in one looking for a way to get a particular orichalcum node, hoping that there would be a path but it was just a hole.

arkenstone.7896

Another bug I found is that in Frostgorge Sound in Refuge Shore just north of the vista the 4 baloons from the balloon tower are still there, I interpreted “map error” to also include the open world as it doesn’t fall under the “character art, weapons, or armor” topic.

Attachments:

Posted by: Blade Kuroda.1795

Blade Kuroda.1795

Zone: metrica province; South of the vista at artergon haven
There’s some floating trees!

Attachments:

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Odd bug with way pointing from in water to an out of water location in Forstgorge. I’ll keep falling (and screaming cutely) and if I move will not go anywhere and inch along slowly still falling and screaming. Paying for the same waypoint you appeared at (or going to another) seems to fix it.

Attachments:

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: SadWolf.7654

SadWolf.7654

Zone: Sparkfly Fen near Brooloonu Waypoint.

The textures of this specific rock pile look very bad even though the settings are on max.

Edit: Typo.

Attachments:

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

WvWvW; Home borderland stuck
I do not play WvWvW that often, but I suppose every border is the same (except for EB)
Video link

Mount Maelstrom; Gauntlet Gulch
Was playing around seeing if I could get to the top of the tower [ which I did in the end ]
Video link

Honor of the Wave; out of map
Found this one while looking for more easter eggs after finding the one in Caudecus Manor [ love that one! ]. I checked for any exploits which I didnt find. If there actually is any exploitation, please let me know asap so I can remove/private the video.
Video link

(edited by Meryn.6875)

Posted by: Kirk Williford.2653

Previous

Kirk Williford.2653

ArenaNet QA Team

Next

Everything up to this point have been added to the list. Thanks for the reports, everyone!

Posted by: ylaenna.2569

ylaenna.2569

Divinity’s Reach
Quest: Rending the Mantle, Inform Logan Thackeray of the White Mantle hit list.

I was headed into Logan’s office/headquarters. After the zoning screen from courtyard, found my character dumped between outside and inside of room, as if stuck in the door. I switched to Air Attunement to see if I could Ride the Lightning out of there and fell to the floor below, still stuck in a wall. I would attach more screenshots but post only allows one.

Attachments:

arkenstone.7896

In the Winter Wonderland J P after falling I am still flat on my stomach when I return to the fire to try again. (See Screenshot) This has happened sometimes durring regular game play as well. I can still move and jump but the animation is that I am laying on an invisible sled.

PS . There are issues with the spacing of this text. For example there is a space between J and P above.

Attachments:

Posted by: L U X A.9452

L U X A.9452

Yesterday while I was playing snowball fight, out of nowhere I just fell through map and end up in water under the map…
http://i41.tinypic.com/286rajb.jpg

Same happened to me today while I was doing story mission “The Steel Tide”, also out of nowhere I fell through map in water under the map and needed to restart the mission…
http://i41.tinypic.com/2z7jyh3.jpg

(edited by L U X A.9452)

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

Ascalon Catacombs Path1; last room
Friend ended up being there after getting a rez. He was a ranger so could not get out like me in this video. Not really game-breaking.
Video link

Ascalon Catacombs Path1; burrows part
Really annoying as it happens a lot. Can be done with almost any burrow. Is not exploitable.
Video link

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Details disapearing…. Black citadel Close to the Laurel vendor,… in some Place there almost Everything disapeares… See Pictures below to see what I saw…

Edit: just noticed it has been reported Before. I’ll still let my reoprt stay.

Attachments:

Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Human
LeveL 60
Necromancer
Sometimes when i go in dungeons I click all the spells very fast and my character gets a frozen clone… You can see in one picture 2 clones one is when i was in lich form and other is normal form… I asked other people can they see that, they told me that they dont see those frozen clones… So what is that ? And sometime the clone disappear.
I have 3 characters, Necromancer, engineer, Guardian. And I only got frozen clones with Necromancer…

GeForce GTS 450
AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 Processor
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

Attachments:

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Black citadel, near Blood Tribune Quarters (POI).

Messed up textures on a door. You can see the line where the UV map is crap and where it is perfect.

Playing on highest so it should not be like that

Attachments:

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

(edited by UnknownFreak.2805)

Posted by: Mort.6539

Mort.6539

My game crashed when I took a peak in this little corner in Black Citadel and now I have this eye sore on my map that I can’t get rid of.

If anyone has any idea of how to fix it I would be very grateful ^^

Attachments:

Posted by: ColbyKeeperSt.5047

ColbyKeeperSt.5047

Hi, has this issue been fixed? I am guessing not since I am experiencing it too. For a while now but I did not think it will actually get me the error screen message. My main character is stuck in loading screen during entering/porting in Caledon’s Forest.

Was about to get into Twilight Dungeon and i dont know what happened next.

if there has been an answer to this please kindly link. My character is in need of help!!
Not only that this map has problems, but, I also can’t use my main character anymore.

(edited by ColbyKeeperSt.5047)

arkenstone.7896

Stuck in a Flame Legion Powersource in Lake Feritas near Task for Latetra Painstorm.

Attachments:

arkenstone.7896

Stuck in Blazeridge Steppes near the Last Whisky Bar Waypoint.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zeno Iagara.8540

Zeno Iagara.8540

Sparkfly Fen : Leeshore Gaultlet : Ancient Shark Pistrix Skill Point

While inside the cave with the skill point (not the enterance section), you can swim through a gap in the rocks near the top of the cave and get behind the scenary.

UnknownFreak.2805

Kind of big hole, move it back to normal.

Now I want to know what is behind that wall..

Edit:
Found another location:

Location: The Grove – Garden of Dawn – The House of Aife (Point of Interest) (screenshot 2)

Where I am standing – Invisible wall, or a missing wall piece

Attachments:

How to crashreport…

Posted by: chuchu.1940

chuchu.1940

Here, i’m stuck in a catapult while fighting the dragon on the beach in Lions Arch

Attachments:

UnknownFreak.2805

Tree in the middle of the Road – Kessex Hills
Location – Giant’s Passage (first screen)

Edit
Another one in Kessex Hills – Can see the seam, where the textures end or how you should call it. Remake the UV map/ Fix it.
Location – Viathan’s Arm (second screen)
Edit#2
Found more stretched out textures in the same area, Grass and some rock textures.

Attachments:

How to crashreport…

Posted by: Kraiz.6720

Kraiz.6720

To whom it may concern, today while playing WvW in eternal Battlegrounds i became stuck and consequently killed on 2 separate occasions in the space of an hour.

The first was while taking ogre ruins i became stuck in some bushes that i was running next to and became glitched inside them. I was forced to wp out and lose my group for quiet a while.

The second was while building rams at Ogre-watch (coincidence i know) after spending 4 supply i became stuck and couldn’t move. now this normally happens whenever i spend supply. After about 8-10 seconds i can move. I’m pretty sure that’s a bug too but lately i have just been bearing with it. But this time i was completely stuck, no skill could release me except for Lightning Flash, but all that did was move me to target location. i couldn’t move after that.

I didn’t think to take a screenshot, sorry. But this has been getting worse and worse lately. Mainly when building siege the 10 second delay before i can move is really annoying, today was just too annoying that i had to post something.

Thanks for listening.

Posted by: xenonfire.6845

xenonfire.6845

Earthquake Waypoint

Earthquake Waypoint

Greetings

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Map: Sparkly Fen
Near Thundertroll Swamp

As you can see in the picture, the problem is that black thingy…
One picture shows how does it look from inside of that cave..
And the other picture shows how you can see from outside that cave…

Attachments:

Posted by: Zeek.6132

Zeek.6132

hope this is the proper place to post my issue, I’ve been having this issue for some days now and the client freezes after a while and not to say it is quite annoying for me to play like this, sent two tickets to your support but couldn’t take a screenshot there because it freezes my client.

Attaching two screenshots I actually could take before the client freeze:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KqxJSuI.jpg?1[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/m4OxdVj.jpg?1[/IMG]

Besides this in conversation this also happens but because the client freezes I can’t take any screenshots :S.

I could really use the help

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

I’ve seen people report the Black Citadel issue. I have not encountered that one, however terrain disappears when leaving the Trading Post building in the Black Citadel. I don’t have a screenshot but you can’t miss it. Just look ahead when exiting the building.

Zeno Iagara.8540

Wayfarer Foothills. – Whiteside Ridge.

Attachments:

Posted by: Elvenborn.4915

Elvenborn.4915

Hello, i got stuck using a mesmer skill Phase Retreat and got stuck in a Tree/Big Plant and now i cant get out please help me =( !

Attachments:

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

Can’t take a screen shot now will add later if i remember, but when you walk in to arah dungeon, walk 10 meter before the cliff/bridge and on your right there should be a pile of mud and rubble, but it doesn’t touch the ground at the back, its floating in the air.

Zeno Iagara.8540

Whiteside Ridge – Bramble Pass

Inside the tunnel the light effect or texture looks wrong.

Attachments:

Zeno Iagara.8540

Whiteside Ridge – Waste Hollows

Inside the cave with the priory researcher you can get stuck behind an invisible wall, there is a gap on the left side (on the screenshot)

Attachments:

Posted by: HAZELWOOD.8540

HAZELWOOD.8540

edit: { THE STONEMIST GLITCHES ARE RESOLVED, THANK YOU }

Hi. I just noticed this sticky. I started a thread about texture corruption a couple weeks ago. Others have exact same issue.

Please see: Stonemist glitched after LA Destroyed

Several screenshots are posted in that thread.

[Edit]
I see others besides myself have posted without reading any existing threads.
Exact same issue.
Please see: new stonemist? gpu glitch
Please see: WvW graphical glitch

Have fun.

(edited by HAZELWOOD.8540)

Posted by: PSILO.4068

PSILO.4068

Didn’t take a screenshot but, re-spawned at Skyhammer (Red team) after being knocked off the laser ledge. Fell instant die/re-spawn. Then I see myself for a split second at spawn point, screen flickered, and then I started falling again…into the giant under everything water. Logged out to character select screen and back in and it was all gravy (except the score.) Also, I had the same thing happen to a teammate about a month or so ago.

Posted by: Raeosaurusrex.1796

Raeosaurusrex.1796

Black Citadel, Diessa Plateau, Plains of Ashford, Blazeridge Steppes, and possible others

Since maintenance last night occurred, I’ve been experiencing some weird textural problems in the Black Citadel and several other territories in close proximity. It looks like Tyria is being smothered to death by a giant, pink blob, but it only affects the territories near the Black Citadel. I assume that certain rock textures won’t render for me. Unfortunately, I can only attach one picture but I can provide many more. Thanks!

Attachments:

Posted by: Memphis.3274

Memphis.3274

Zone : Lion’s Arch
Area : Fort Marriner
Issue : Textural/graphical issues with the terrain

Lots of bugged ground / layers at this spot

Attachments:

UnknownFreak.2805

Black Citadel, Diessa Plateau, Plains of Ashford, Blazeridge Steppes, and possible others

Since maintenance last night occurred, I’ve been experiencing some weird textural problems in the Black Citadel and several other territories in close proximity. It looks like Tyria is being smothered to death by a giant, pink blob, but it only affects the territories near the Black Citadel. I assume that certain rock textures won’t render for me. Unfortunately, I can only attach one picture but I can provide many more. Thanks!

Looks like textures are missing to me, try repair client, it should fix it

How to crashreport…

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

My game crashed when I took a peak in this little corner in Black Citadel and now I have this eye sore on my map that I can’t get rid of.

It looks like some corrupted texture, maybe because the crash. Try to repair the game, if you want to know how to do that check the 2nd item in this post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Trading-Post-remains-blank/3694253

(I know it was a old post but in case it wasn’t fixed yet, here you go)

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

SUSPICIOUS BARREL

Very well named! As you can see, this barrel next to the well in Applenook Village (just north of Lion’s Arch) floats in midair! Quite suspicious indeed!

(Borlis Pass)

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

MORE SUSPICIOUS BARRELS!

Even MORE Suspicious Barrels just north of the first one. …Must be full of those floating rocks from Morgan’s Spiral.

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Zeno Iagara.8540

Cursed Shore : Noose Road
If you go for the Skill Challenge and climb on the rocks to avoid the champion you partially enter some of the rocks.

Attachments:

Posted by: thelukaa.9802

thelukaa.9802

ehh what is this

Attachments:

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

This was in Edge of the Mists but I don’t recall exactly where as I’m not that familiar with that area. I partially fell through the surface of a bridge and was stuck.

Attachments:

(edited by Bollocks.4078)

Posted by: mao.9832

mao.9832

So I was doing a personal story quest ‘The Steel Tide’ and while attacking a foe I used the 3rd skill of my thief (Shadow Strike) and I fall into the ground. Here you can see the screenshots:

Attachments:

[EzPz] Mao. Thief for the lulz.

(edited by mao.9832)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

ehh what is this

It may be caused by corrupted textures, try to repair the game.

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

The sand is glowing in Bloodtide Coast. This occurs at night time, and can be seen at Laughing Gull Island and the shore south of it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Hangan Radu Andrei.2650

Hangan Radu Andrei.2650

At Shamans Rookery puzzle

Attachments: