Swiftness Duration Stack Bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bowulf.9726

Bowulf.9726

I have had multiple instances across several classes where swiftness does not seem to stack. i.e. I was on my thiefwith the steal trait that gives fury, might, and swiftness. When I used this in a large group, I got my buff, but no one else’s swiftness (they were static bombing the group). Other times I saw my swiftness go away and then reappear as a new swiftness buff after mine ended, when no one apparently buffed me.

I just ran across an instance on my Guardian where I used “Save Yourselves” and then used the staff #3, and running through the circle gave me no extension on the buff.

Am I missing something or has anyone else run into this issue?

Posted by: Bowulf.9726

Bowulf.9726

So I just tested this again to make sure I was not crazy. I used my Save Yourselves and then used my Retreat. They stack just fine. Then I used my staff #3, standing still to make sure I didn’t miss anything, and the buff just kept refreshing up to the duration it already was (instead of 20, then 28, it was 20, 19, 20, 19, 20, 19, 20). So maybe it is just certain skills or area effects.

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Guardians’ Staff #3 does not fully stack swiftness. Due to technical reasons it grants you + 1 second if you already have swiftness and + 8 seconds if you don’t.
Similar for Mesmers’ Focus #4. The Curtain only gives you swiftness if you don’t have any.

For both counts, you could use them 5x before their duration ends, so you could get 5x their meant swiftness duration. So ANet cut the stacking.

Posted by: DKs Vertix.9301

DKs Vertix.9301

Mesmer’s Temporal Curtain Swiftness stacking issue is a bug. A year has passed, or more, and Anet still HAS NOT updated Temporal Curtain’s description to actually say that Swiftness from it DOES NOT stack if you already have Swiftness.
This is so lame – other professions have working perma speed boosts and Mesmers get mocked with a broken skill.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Mesmer’s Temporal Curtain Swiftness stacking issue is a bug.

In fact, not a bug but a intended feature “badly” implemented. From what I heard it was done due abuses with it during early days, but yes they forget to fix the tooltip and stuff to show its actual behavior. As you said, people has been complaining about it for a long time now.

Posted by: DKs Vertix.9301

DKs Vertix.9301

Ahh! Thanks for pointing that (link) out. I kept wondering why my Mesmer skills are so useless. Some of this, finally, thankfully, is actually going to be fixed in September’s big update.