Mesmer Bugs: 33+ [Updated October 22nd]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Bugs

“(?)” = not verified post Sept 9 patch

01. Illusionary Warden

• Phantasmal Haste doesn’t apply to iWarden. The attack rate is equal both with and w/out the trait.
  • Sometimes switches aggro and attacks the wrong target.
  • Sometimes the first attack has a long delay, resulting in warden constantly chasing the moving target and never initiating the spin.
  • Traited wardens will immediatelly stop their reflect whirl/animation if they reflect the projectile attack from the golem at the end of the SEp2. Untraited wardens will block the projectile and continue spinning as expected.
  • Warden is hitting ~3% less than before. DPS tests imply Warden is now weilding an exotic lvl 78 sword (pre-patch it was exotic lvl 80 axe). Warden tooltip still calculates to a lvl 80 weapon so it’s either the tooltip is lying or in-game dmg is lower than intended.

02. Teleport skills render you useless (?)

• Sometimes when using a teleport skills (phase retreat, blink, etc), especially right after being knocked down or launched, will permanently root (cannot move or dodge) you until you use an emote such as /dance.
  • Sometimes using these teleport skills will get you stuck inside a wall, rock mesh, or some other terrain geometry in the vicinity, also rendering you pretty much helpless.
  • Reference: VIDEO

03. Blink

• The skill will not blink you to the targeted spot, even if you have direct walkable path to the said target.
  • Possibly caused by uneven terrain and anti-exploit mechanics paired with lazy blocking volume placement on maps. However, this behaviour is extremely inconsistent: you may be able to blink over stairs and fences in Lion’s Arch but then fail to move forward through a presumably flat surface.
  • References: VIDEO / VIDEO

04. Mind Spike without boons

• In combat the skill deals 10% less damage than what tooltip claims.

05. Temporal Curtain

• If skill is clicked right after a weapon-swap, the curtain field will be placed at the location where the character was during the weapon swap and not where your mouse was actually pointing.

06. Targeted Skills may fail even though indicator says you’re in range

• If your target is out of the skill range, there is a small distance where the skill will still be usable. If you use the skill in the said “bugged” range the skill will fail and display “Out of range” message on the screen. Usually that range is about 20 inches past the skills max range specified in the tooltip.

07. Many Phantasm skills

• If an illusion summoning skill (like Leap or Berserker) is cast immediately after weapon swap, phantasm/clone is not summoned yet the skill still goes on full cooldown.
  • Using a summoning skill (like Warden) without a target will fail and showing you a “You must have an enemy targeted” message. However, if the skill is cast immediately after weapon swap, the skill will be put on full cooldown even if you don’t have a target selected.

(edited by frifox.5283)

frifox.5283

08. Illusions refuse to attack enemy summons

• Refuse to attack pets/clones summoned by enemies

09. Illusions attack the wrong target (?)

• Mostly visible on Illusionary Warden, Illusionary Defender, Illusionary Duelist. Examples: in Twilight Arbor at last boss Defender will run off to a random seed turret instead of standing at the Nightmare Tree defending the players THERE; Warden will be cast on the Champion Snow Wurm at Lornar’s Pass (completely flat terrain), but immediately after spawn will run off to a random Snow Wurm instead and aggro it; Warden will be cast on the Veteran Ettin at Lornar’s Pass (slope terrain), but immediately after spawn will run off to a random Ettin instead.

10. Illusions may pause/bug before shattering (?)

11. Clones fail to summon

• Clones do not get created when mesmer has a bundle or an environmental weapon equipped.
  • Clones do not get created when mesmer has no weapons equipped.
  • Reference: VIDEO (at 0:20)
  • TA Forward – Leurent’s Elite Guard: Illusions will instantly die on summon when inside the bubbles.
  • Arah p1 – Legendary Jotun Stargazer: Illusions will instantly die on summon when the fire rings around the room are active.
  • Arah p1 – Champion Crystalline Entities: Deceptive Evasion will not generate clones when dodging even though you’re in combat fighting the entities.

12. Mirror Blade & Tonics

• Using Greatsword #2 and then using a tonic as the projectile is flying toward the target will result in a clone summoned that takes the appearance and the skills of your tonic/consume-brawl.

13. Utility skills

• Sometimes skills will immediately go on cooldown when equipped.
  • References: VIDEO / THREAD

14. Clones and equipped gear glitches (?)

• Backpieces on phantasms are not transparent
  • When wielding Mirage trident skin, underwater trident clones will be missing the weapon skin.
  • Clones have no offhand weapons

(edited by frifox.5283)

frifox.5283

15. Friendly projectile reflection bug (?)

• Friendly projectiles are reflected.
  • Happens with Mirror and F4 with Masterful Reflection.
  • Negatively affects the use of Staff Clones, iMage and iDisenchanter.
  • Probably also affects other friendly projectiles.
  • References: THREAD / THREAD

16. Reflected skills that summon a clone (?)

• If someone reflects your skill that summons a clone, especially the scepter AA, the clone will spawn and be allied with your enemy against you. There is no limit to how many clones can be “stolen” by your enemy.

17. Confounding Suggestions (?)

• Does not increase duration of Mantra of Distraction, Diversion, and Chaos Storm dazes yet does increase daze duration of Counter Blade, which has same base duration as the other 3.
  • Increases daze duration of both Magic Bullet and Counter Blade by 58%, not 25% as tooltip suggests.

18. Spatial Surge

• The damage number over the enemy will keep adding up indefinitely untill the enemy is dead. Needs to reset the damage number on each channel instead.

19. WvW bonus “Defender” hurts phantasms (?)

• WvW bonus “Defender” is applied to your phantasms, so your enemy is taking less damage from phantasms depending on how much his server bonus is. Defender bonus usually gets up to around 7% by Friday.

20. Sometimes shatter effect does not get applied (?)

• Shattered with F3 (daze) yet the stack of defiance was not removed. Next, used Daze mantra (same effect as F3), and viola – stack of defiance is gone:
  • Bug has been observed with F1 (Mind Wrack) too.

21. Number of active illusions indicator

• There are times when a clone or phantasm gets killed yet the purple circle to the left of by the F1-4 skills is still left filled in.
  • Reference: VIDEO (at 1:56)

(edited by frifox.5283)

frifox.5283

22. Triumphant Distortion

• Triumphant Distortion (possibly all distortion and invuln?) prevents you from receiving the hammer buff to attack the seals on the Cliffside Fractal.

23. Triumphant Distortion and Masterful Reflection (?)

• Distortion gained upon killing an enemy (TD) does not reflect anything even though MR trait is equipped.

24. Illusionist Celerity and Weapon Specific CD reduction trait

• Does not properly lower the skill cooldown skillfact in the tooltip when both traits are equipped at the same time.

25. Phantasmal Strength

• Does not reflect the +15% bonus damage in any of the phantasm skill tooltips.

26. Phantasmal Fury

• 2nd word in the trait name “Phantasmal fury” is not capitalized.

27. Beam skills and Phantasm summons Obstructed with clear LoS

• Quite often there are objects that have nothing obstructing them yet many of mesmer skills will get “Obstructed”. Most clear examples are burning oil and people on top of wvw keep walls.
  • References: VIDEO / PHOTO

28. Character freezes for ~0.5 sec before starting Blurred Frenzy

• Sometimes when using Blurred Frenzy the currently used skill animation is canceled yet the Blurred Frenzy does not start immediately. Character will freeze for half a second before actually starting BF animation/effects.
  • Reference: VIDEO – bugged / VIDEO – not bugged

(edited by frifox.5283)

frifox.5283

29. Feign fails to teleport you back

• After using Feigned Surge (Spear #2) if you initiate the second part of the skill, Feign, it will fail to teleport you back to your starting point if there is any kind of hill/bump in the way, even though it clearly should not be a problem.

30. Magic Bullet goes on CD if used after dodge/moving

• If you use Magic Bullet after dodging or immediately after stopping moving, the skill will not rotate your character to face the enemy and put Magic Bullet on a short cooldown instead.
  • Using the skill while standing still will turn your character properly and fire the skill. This is how the skill should behave should it be used after dodge or stopping moving.

31. Mantra charge lost when up/downleveled

• Equip Harmoniousc Mantra and charging a mantra will grant you 3 charges. Moving around in open world you might get re-leveled to the appropriate level for the area. As soon as that happens, your 3 charges suddenly become 2 charges.
  • Same happens if you use a tonic.

32. Mimic and Far-Reaching Manipulations

• Equipping Far-Reaching Manipulations traits does not increase Mimic range.

33. Phantasmal Mage

• Will remove conditions even if you don’t have the Cleansing Conflagration trait equipped.

(edited by frifox.5283)

frifox.5283

QoL Complaints

01. Temporal Curtain

• Will not apply swiftness if you or your allies already have it, regardless of the amount.
  • When traited with Warden’s Feedback the curtain’s reflect wall is too short. Most projectiles will fly above it and not get reflected. Sometimes even dropping the curtain directly at yourself will still not reflect the projectiles rendering the skill too unreliable.

02. Illusionary Leap / Swap

• If you have Deceptive Evasion equipped, have 2 phantasms out, Illusionary Leap will generate a clone and if you dodge – you no longer can use the Swap because your “Leap” clone got overwritten by DE.

03. Portal Exuent

• Has no “time left to lay the exit” indicator
  • Has no range indicator. Needs a red bar below the skill to show up when you go out of range.

04. Deceptive Evasion

• Clones created by DE will target anything. It would be preferred if they attacked the target you’re currently attacking, not just the closest enemy they can find.

05. Phantasms and Achievements

• None of phantasms count towards the weapon master achievement. Ex: Swordsman does not count toward Sword Master achievement.
  • Warden does not count toward Focus Master achievement, leaving mesmers with practically no way of progressing towards the said achievement.
  • Conditions cleansed with Disenchanter (utility), traited Mage (torch), as well as with Warden + Temportal Curtain (focus) combo finish do no count toward Condition Remover daily achievement.

06. Phantasms do not inherit the “Out of phase” buff for Arah p2 last boss

• Effectively cuts the mesmer dps by half because phantasms can’t damage the boss.
  • Similarly, Phantasms do 0 damage to Thaumanova Anomaly

07. Phantasms do not inherit your weapon quality

• They default to Exotic weapon regardless of what you have equipped.

(edited by frifox.5283)

frifox.5283

08. Equipped upgrades do not apply to phantasms

• Damage multipliers such as Force sigil, Scholar/Ranger rune 6th bonus.
  • Stat bonuses such as Sigil of Accuracy.

09. Some traits do not apply to phantasms

• Wastrel’s Punishment, Empowering Mantras.

10. Charged Mantras and Land/Water

• Mantras charged on land will be lost if you step into water unless they’re equipped in water as well. There needs to be a safe timer (5s or so) before they actually fall off. Will greatly help avoid losing the charges just because you accidentally stepped into a puddle of water.

11. Power Block

• Sometimes fails to put the interrupted skill on cooldown on mobs that have Unshakable but zero Defiance stacks. Too many skills mobs attacks are considered auto-attacks making the trait more or less useless in PvE.

12. Sw#3 Swap break skill channels.

• Channeled skills will be interrupted if you use Sw#3 insta-cast skill. It would be preferred if they behaved like the other insta-cast skills such as Blink, Mantras, etc where original skills will continue channeling when the other skill is used mid-channel.

(edited by frifox.5283)

frifox.5283

Original thread: Link (not updated anymore)

(edited by frifox.5283)

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Thanks for taking over the list, frifox! Nice to see an updated thread!

Illusionary Leap:

Swap:

LoS issues:

• Often cannot attack objects or cast phantasms on things like burning oil and people on walls in WvW, even though those are perfectly visible.
  • Once you get an “Obstructed!” once, you may never get out of it anymore until you detarget your target and start again. See screenshot – I’ve been running around that bunny trying to kill him from the walls nearby for several minutes but still got “Obstructed!”; I have a stack of screenshots about it somewhere.

Will post more when I remember anything else.

Attachments:

20 level 80s and counting.

frifox.5283

Added Leap/Swap to #2 and added the LoS issues as #36. I’ve had #36 happen to me too many times to count as well, both in PvE and WvW.

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Regarding bug #20, it doesn’t just happen in PvE. You get 5 stacks of confusion any time you’re interrupted by being turned to stone, which is quite frequently when you fight thieves who use basilisk venom. It also happens if you get interrupted by the box of fun paralysis effect.

Regarding bug #34, it’s not really a stunbreak. It operates in the same fashion as all instant cast skills that aren’t stunbreaks, such as phase retreat and steal. You get the blink, but you’re still stunned (as in, you still can’t use any skills) — just stunned in a different place.

Second Child

frifox.5283

You are right. Don’t know what I was thinking when I added that one.

Lishtenbird.2814

You get the blink, but you’re still stunned (as in, you still can’t use any skills) — just stunned in a different place.

But I’m sure they always helped from knockdowns. I used Swap to recover from Saboteurs at Boom Boom regularly.

frifox, I remember you also have another hilarious reproduction of iWarden bug on uneven terrain: http://youtu.be/rqgJR5NUdTo?t=1m5s

frifox.5283

Oh haha, forgot about that one. Talking about which, added another warden video to #1:

At times Warden’s AI simply amazes me, for better or for worse… lol

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Did you get Mimic underwater still channels for 2s instead of 4? They’ve said they’ve patched this fix twice (or thrice?) times now.

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Oh haha, forgot about that one. Talking about which, added another warden video to #1:

That’s just brilliant. As irritating as the bugged iWarden is, it’s also quite entertaining.

Gandara

Posted by: MesmeForever.3612

MesmeForever.3612

For the devs: would iLeap work if it used Lightning Pull’s functionality and aimed it directly at the target? It’d likely eliminate a lot of the terrain issues plus be pretty fun to see – cloneballs flying over the parapets in wvw? Sign. Me. Up.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Ohh, add this to Illusionary Leap: when used near a wall or some terrain block (like mountains) it may teleport you to inside that block, causing you to get stuck withing the structure.

This happened to me last night while doing Personal Story. I was in a hard battle and got stuck within a wall and from what I recall I used only the weapon skills from a staff at that moment. I’m sure it was Illusionary Leap which caused it.

shadow.6174

For the devs: would iLeap work if it used Lightning Pull’s functionality and aimed it directly at the target? It’d likely eliminate a lot of the terrain issues plus be pretty fun to see – cloneballs flying over the parapets in wvw? Sign. Me. Up.

I believe it would be like Blink works currently, but a clone would be teleported instead.

frifox.5283

Part of #3 though I mostly had that happen due to phase retreat or blink. It’s much more rare but does occasionally happen with illusionary leap swap too. Added Swap to #3.

shadow.6174

Part of #3 though I mostly had that happen due to phase retreat or blink. It’s much more rare but does occasionally happen with illusionary leap swap too. Added Swap to #3.

Well, in fact due the heat of battle I can’t recall for sure what skill was it. I just guessed it was iLeap as I couldn’t recall what was the behavior for the #3.

Edit: Ironically what got me unstuck was Blink. I used it very precisely and luckily it teleported me out. The bright side of it was I hardly took damage as I was unreachable for the boss But the bad part was I had to rely on my clones to attack and... you know... *glances at a iWarden standing still*

(edited by shadow.6174)

frifox.5283

Added a reference video for #4

frifox.5283

Did you get Mimic underwater still channels for 2s instead of 4? They’ve said they’ve patched this fix twice (or thrice?) times now.

I checked and Mimic underwater animation channels for 4 seconds. Haven’t tried if it actually blocks during the whole 4 seconds but I’ll assume that it does. Let me know if that is not the case.

shadow.6174

Ok, I’m not used with some terminologies and English isn’t my native language and then… could someone please tell me what does “QoL” mean? Sorry for the dumb question. :P

oh, nice thread btw, nice formating.

shadow.6174

It’s just like “ok ready, where is it? Where is it.. where is it… where is it… hmm, whatever let’s look for another one… oh look one there, here we go!”

Posted by: raethe.1903

raethe.1903

Ok, I’m not used with some terminologies and English isn’t my native language and then… could someone please tell me what does “QoL” mean? Sorry for the dumb question. :P

oh, nice thread btw, nice formating.

QoL = quality of life

In other words, things that may not be specific “bugs” but they really should work. Arah P2 boss phase not working on clones is a great example. Takes forever to dps that boss down on mesmer.

shadow.6174

Thanks for the answer, I get it. I felt it could be something like it given the type of those “issues”, I just wanted to be sure about the definition.

Posted by: Rhavoreth.1350

Rhavoreth.1350

Thanks for putting this together Frifox! Lets hope this gets some dev attention.

Rhavoreth – Mesmer,
Rhavs – Guardian
[Att] – Attuned

frifox.5283

Added reference videos for #10, #25. I could probably make videos of other bugs as well but they seem to be quite self explanatory.

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

Great work dude.

Have we had any word from the devs at all or is this a futile excersise?.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

shadow.6174

Have we had any word from the devs at all or is this a futile excersise?.

Not sure if you already have seen it but the old thread had gotten some dev responses about some of these issues, anyhow take a look if you haven’t yet: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/List-of-Mesmer-Bugs-Older-Thread/

frifox.5283

The key is to get them to notice this updated thread. They probably aren’t checking the old one anymore because they assume the old one has gotten resolved (has red post, and the dev who posted isn’t with ANet anymore to report its status).

Posted by: Magi.8061

Magi.8061

placeholder 3

Plenty of space. A counter, counting bug fixed by Anet we didnt know of vs. bug fixed from this list would be fun.

frifox.5283

Tested #19 (Mesmer Runes & Confounding Suggestion). I used pistol 5 as the test subject. Mesmer runes should increase duration by 33% and CF should increase it by 25%. Here are the observed daze duration (60 fps recording):

• 2.000s – base
  • 3.150s – 25% CS (57% actual)
  • 2.683s – 33% Runes (34% actual)
  • 3.367s – 66% Runes & Trait (68% actual)

So, looks like the runes do stack. The numbers for Rune and Rune+Trait match up close enough. However, why on earth CS trait alone increased daze duration by more than double than expected I don’t know…

Then, tested CS trait on its own:

• 1.021 – trait (Mantra of Distraction)
  • 1.000 – trait (Diversion)
  • 0.987 – trait (Chaos Storm)
  • 1.583 – trait (Counter Blade)
  • 3.150 – trait (Magic Bullet)

Looks like the Confounding Suggestion does NOTHING to Mantra, F3, and Chaos Storm dazes. I wouldn’t blame duration rounding because while all of those 3 have base duration of 1s and 1.25s might get rounded down to 1s BUT, Counter Blade is also 1s base duration yet it got a huge 58% daze duration increase. What’s even more odd is both Counter Blade and Magic Bullet got a massive 58% boost in daze duration from that “+25%” daze trait.

(edited by frifox.5283)

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

Tested #19 (Mesmer Runes & Confounding Suggestion). I used pistol 5 as the test subject. Mesmer runes should increase duration by 33% and CF should increase it by 25%. Here are the observed daze duration (60 fps recording):

• 2.000s – base
  • 3.150s – 25% CS (57% actual)
  • 2.683s – 33% Runes (34% actual)
  • 3.367s – 66% Runes & Trait (68% actual)

So, looks like the runes do stack. The numbers for Rune and Rune+Trait match up close enough. However, why on earth CS trait alone increased daze duration by more than double than expected I don’t know…

Then, tested CS trait on its own:

• 1.021 – trait (Mantra of Distraction)
  • 1.000 – trait (Diversion)
  • 0.987 – trait (Chaos Storm)
  • 1.583 – trait (Counter Blade)
  • 3.150 – trait (Magic Bullet)

Looks like the Confounding Suggestion does NOTHING to Mantra, F3, and Chaos Storm dazes. I wouldn’t blame duration rounding because while all of those 3 have base duration of 1s and 1.25s might get rounded down to 1s BUT, Counter Blade is also 1s base duration yet it got a huge 58% daze duration increase. What’s even more odd is both Counter Blade and Magic Bullet got a massive 58% boost in daze duration from that “+25%” daze trait.

good research frifox, definately something going on there and salutations fellow mesmers. i just finished watching the temperal curtain reflection bug video and wanted to point out that the player placement of curtain was incorrect. reflection from curtain works best when it’s closer to the caster’s feet. a good scenerio for it would be if you need to run away, cast it and once you walk over you’ll gain swiftness and a wall between you and range attacks. if they continue to chase, the cripple from it will slow them down for 5-6s…once they are crippled and past the curtain, you can pull them away…messes up gap closers like heartseekers from spam happy thieves

a lighter thief

frifox.5283

Yes, I know how to get the curtain to work. The video is there to highlight situations where you might expect it to reflect but it doesn’t.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Once upon a time there was a comedian in a very distant country who collected 350.000 signatures from people disappointed by their politicians.
That is the wording of rule 71 of that country:
The people may introduce public initiatives consisting of a bill drafted in articles and supported by at least 50,000 voters.
That comedian then said:
“Can they now ignore us? Yes they can”.
And politicians indeed ignored 350.000 people.

Nevertheless… good luck.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

“24. Sometimes shatter effect does not get applied
Shattered with F3 (daze) yet the stack of defiance was not removed. Next, used Daze mantra (same effect as F3), and viola – stack of defiance is gone”

i was doing PvE and running with Restorative Illusions and noticed that sometimes i would not get healed when my illusions shattered on target. i think i was using F3 as well. i wonder if it has to do with how F3 daze does not stack if 2 illusions shattered at the same time.

a lighter thief

Posted by: Kirito.9207

Kirito.9207

Focus doesn’t reflect projectiles on Mark T-B34RC3 in COE.

frifox.5283

And neither does Feedback. Animation happens but boons are still applied. Will need to test traited vs. untraited Wardens and other class reflects (guard/ranger/etc) for a better picture.

Lishtenbird.2814

And neither does Feedback. Animation happens but boons are still applied. Will need to test traited vs. untraited Wardens and other class reflects (guard/ranger/etc) for a better picture.

Noticed it too, but I thought it was working as intended and the golem was just applying boons itself…

frifox.5283

Tested Traited/Untraited Wardens and they actually DO block/reflect the turrets. Feedback on the other hand, is just a visual reflect – the boons are still applied.

Added few items to #12.

(edited by frifox.5283)

Posted by: Riko.1309

Riko.1309

07. Phantasms do not inherit your weapon quality

They default to Exotic weapon regardless of what you have equipped.

08. Equipped upgrades do not apply to phantasms

Damage multipliers such as Force sigil, Scholar/Ranger rune 6th bonus.
Stat bonuses such as Sigil of Accuracy.
Above all else I would love these to be fixed/added in/etc
Love the list! Hopefully this one gets attention like the last thread did.

Jacquie – Elementalist – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d file this under QoL rather than bugs:

When you equip mantras for land, you can’t easily equip them for water. You spend the time channeling to ready them (on land) and then if you misstep into the water (common in parts of Maelstrom, WvW, etc), you lose all your readied mantras.

When ANet deals with the bugs mentioned above (keeping an extra stack or getting an extra proc), I’d like to see them change the mechanic to allows us to maintain the readied mantras while underwater, at least if we don’t get into combat (or perhaps some other trigger, e.g. less than 30 seconds in the water).

Frifox: thanks for setting up and maintaining this thread.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: VoiceOfUnreason.5976

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

I’ve noticed this just yesterday when using shatters against doors or siege equipment: if I have all 3 illusions up, 2 of them run to the target properly while one stands in place. A few seconds later (usually after the other two reach the target and shatter), the remaining one will shatter as well (still in the same spot). I don’t know if it was a terrain issue or what, but it was happening pretty consistently.

frifox.5283

That one is already filed as #11. I actually had that happen to me even on a supposedly flat terrain. So not exactly sure what is causing this behavior.

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

Even after two years since release, the Mesmer is still having bugs with its “teleport” mechanic. There is an issue with the Staff #2 Skill – Phase Retreat and Utility skill – Blink that can cause your character to root itself on the ground after using it as a CC breaker (from Knock Back, or Immobilize as an example). Even when there is no crowd control condition on your character, the character would still get stuck or rooted permanently at the spot where u just phase retreated or blinked. You can pan your camera around with mouse right click and try WASD to move your character but nothing will work. You can wait for your phase retreat or Blink to come off CD and teleport again to a new spot hoping that it will “unbug” the rooted effect on your character, but it still wouldn’t work for a period of time. After a couple repeated attempt of teleporting again and again for long duration of time spent, the character will finally be able to move again.

In SPVP or during any combat scenarios, this means an instant death sentence to your character. This is a severe issue and quite game breaking when the bug happens. This type of teleport bug should be in the top of list to address for Mesmers.

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

frifox.5283

Edited #3 to also include that fact that the skills may perma-root you, not just get you stuck inside some terrain object.

Posted by: Elunarie.9283

Elunarie.9283

Gods.. your list is so perfect. I don’t suppose I could give you a cookie to do the same sort of list for the Entanglement bugs? Or you know, bugs with all other classes? ;.;

// Bathea Havocbringer \\

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Back to page 1 you go.