System Date Affects Daily Achievements [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Check your time zone, then. It sounds like your clock is about 3 hours off. If it’s set to the wrong time zone, it will LOOK correct but cause weird things like the daily and forum display bugs.

Posted by: AngelOfTheOdd.8015

AngelOfTheOdd.8015

I am experiencing any issue whereby since the dailies system changed, my counter is not going up (staying at 0) for Slayer, Aquatic Slayer and Veteran slayer. I have made sure to try it with solo kills.

This is odd as it is working fine for daily gathering, dodging, events etc. Based on previous threads I have checked my system date\time and they are accurate.

It’s rather frustrating as it is keeping me from precious laurels. All help appreciated.

Posted by: Awkward.1286

Awkward.1286

I have 2 Daily quests that appear to be broken.

-Daily Veteran Slayer
-Daily Crafter.

Have killed many Veterans and still no change.
Have Refined well over the amount needed to complete the Crafter Daily and still nothing.

The 2 Daily quests sit up top right of my screen saying 0% while my total Daily says 60%

Screenshot of this in attachments.

Attachments:

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Slayer, Aquatic Slayer and Veteran Slayer are not part of today’s dailies. (2/12). Please check your time zone, and double-check the date/time. (Including the year, as odd it sounds.)

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

Check the date on your PC, it’s not properly set hence why the game is showing you wrong objectives. And do some research before creating a new thread next time because this has been answered many times already.

Awkward.1286

Ok no need to be snippy, there is no sticky post about this that i could find, and i did have a look for similar problems.

Im unsure how my computers date and time is not setup properly, note the screenshot in attachments:

Attachments:

Awkward.1286

Ok nevermind, after figuring where all the stuff is on my new w8 system i figured it out.

Yes you indeed were correct it was a time problem, apparently my computer thought i was in london even though i specified my location on my computer.

Then i needed to resync the time for it to take effect.

thanx for the info.

Posted by: Thug.3798

Thug.3798

I have an exactly same problem.
Even i make copper bars , even i make boots , it doesn’t even count.
Also , veteran slayer is broken too ! date/time are correctly set. Please , anyone with a fix or something like that?
Someone said : " just go wvw and kill some vet" . I just made that and still 0%.

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Did you check your computer’s date/time/time zone, as mentioned above? Veteran Slayer is not on today’s achievements list. (2/12)

Posted by: Thug.3798

Thug.3798

Yes , i checked date and time , it’s 9:53 PM 2/12/2013 ( on my computer ) . What timezone is fine to put ? Bucharest is the chosen timezone

omg sry , time zone just changed my entire date …. i was on 13… sorry again …

(edited by Thug.3798)

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

GMT+2. (Romania Time/Eastern European Time (EET).)

AngelOfTheOdd.8015

Thanks for the reply.

Veteran Slayer I have for today, the other two were last night.

Definitely checked I’m right time, date and on UTC (auto adjust for daylight savings). I saw the posts for others having this issue so made extra sure :-)

Posted by: Guzik.7529

Guzik.7529

I found that sometimes new daily achievments don’t refresh after reset, still showing up the previous one (ie for previous day). So it says you have to kill Veterans but your true objectives are different.
You have to reenter map or relogin to see the current dailes. Bug probably?

AngelOfTheOdd.8015

I found that sometimes new daily achievments don’t refresh after reset, still showing up the previous one (ie for previous day). So it says you have to kill Veterans but your true objectives are different.
You have to reenter map or relogin to see the current dailes. Bug probably?

Just to double check I tried logging and changing map. Still no love.

Thanks though.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

The veteran slaying Daily appears to be broken as i ve killed several and it still shows up at 0/5 .

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Veteran Slayer is not one of today’s dailies. Please check your computer’s time to make sure the date/time/time zone are all correct. There’s a display bug where it will use your computer time to display the dailies, even if the “correct” time is being used by the server to track them.

Rezzet.3614

i forgot i reset the bios i ll reset time and try again .

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Sorry, I think I posted right before or right after the Daily change. Veteran Slayer is currently one of the achievements, but it wasn’t earlier, hence my suggestion about checking the computer clock.

Rezzet.3614

yup you were correct as soon i fixed my time setting it all started working prefectly fine, thanks for the help and quick response.

Posted by: Koodoo.1908

Koodoo.1908

My daily quest is bugged and I am not able to complete daily quest.

The process always shows 0/xx. For example, if today’s daily is to kill 13 different varieties, even after i killed bunch of different mobs, it always shows 0/13.

Please help and fix this. Thanks.

Posted by: Mespilia.2896

Mespilia.2896

That isn’t one of today’s tasks.

The usual fix for this is that your computer’s clock is wrong and needs to be adjusted. Many others have had this problem.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Daily-not-working-2/1341648

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I was doing my daily on my level 41 engineer, when in the middle of one event, I got a crash. I sent the report, but just to be interesting, i read what the crash was, and it said something about achievements.

Ignoring it, I continued on, till I noticed that I wasn’t getting credit for the achievements.

Currently, my dailies read as:

Veterans Defeated 0 /5
attacks dodged 0 / 15
items crafted 0 /10
daily gatherer 20/20
daily events 5/5

Relogged, restarted computer, date and time are correct, tried guesting, nothing! People in my guild tell me it should be 10 revives, not dodges.

What is going on?

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

ok, here we go. Someone said one part was visit the laural vendor. So i did. Immediate crash. Here is the report:

• Crash <—*
    Assertion: categoryDef
    File: ..\..\..\Game\Ui\Widgets\Alert\RewardProgress\AlAlertAchievement.cpp(297)
    App: Gw2.exe
    Pid: 4492
    Cmdline:
    BaseAddr: 00400000
    Program Id: 101
    Build: 16700
    When: 2013-02-13T22:59:24Z
    Uptime: 0 days 0:08:07
    Flags: 0

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Check your computer’s clock to make sure the date/time/time zone are correct. There’s a bug where the achievement list is based on your computer’s time, even though the “real” time is used by the server to track achievements.

Posted by: shuaige.7065

shuaige.7065

I was doing the daily but only the last two can be down, like the event and gather.
For killing healing or crafting, no matter I many I have done . they are not count in my daily.

Posted by: Melana.8345

Melana.8345

Check your computer’s date, time and timezone (including things like year, etc).

Which daily quests to display in the UI are determined by your computer clock – and if it’s wrong, you’ll see the wrong quests in the UI. This is a known issue – to fix it, fix your computer’s clock (in Windows/Mac settings, not in-game).

Actual progress on the quests is handled server-side using the server’s clock, so if the display is wrong you’ll be seeing quests you can’t actually do, and the server naturally won’t be tracking progress for those since as far as it’s concerned they’re not “today” daily quests.

Despaired Ranger: Crafted The Dreamer, lost range, lost GS condi damage for synergy.
Pet AI awful. Sword root+Aussie latency unmanagable. Lost playstyle, lost legendary, given up.
Mell: 80 Asura Guardian (+7 other 80s) | Aus Serenity [AUS] | Jade Quarry

Posted by: LkPr.5014

LkPr.5014

I have this same issue and my computers date, time and timezone are all correct. Currently displayed are the Wednesday daily achievements and not the Thursday…

Lileath – Day 1 Ranger
Koravin – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle representing GAF

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

I have noticed that my daily can be completed before 1pm my time (GMT +8), so if I wake up and don’t have work I can do my daily… but when I work it bugs out at 1pm (noticed this on the weekend) where the quest resets of which I can only complete 60% of the quest before it does not work.

I have submitted 3 out of game tickets and one for every day of the bug in game tickets as this time wasted is Laurels and Mystic coins which I am not getting meaning I cannot come any closer to my legendary or ascended rings… I would appreciate someone from Anet fixing this for me and giving me the rewards which I have missed out on every night!

Thanks! ~ Karps

Edit: This has occured since the update.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

(edited by MagiKarp.8201)

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

What about the year?
Just check it again. And if it is still wrong, you should consider writing a ticket.

Posted by: Virus Arrow.2457

Virus Arrow.2457

Hello this has been happening since you added Laurels to the game i was hoping it will be fixed by one of the future patches but it hasn’t.
The first of 5 Achievements under Daily cant be done it doesn’t trigger its usually “Daily Kill Variety” or “Veteran Kill” and its always on 0% even tho i killed multiple Veterans or Mobs it never triggers.
All other achievements seem to work fine tho.

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Check your computer’s clock to make sure it’s set to the correct date/time/time zone. There’s a bug where the list of achievements will use your computer’s clock to determine which ones to display, even though the actual time is used by the server to track achievement progress. So the achievements you can’t advance might be ones from yesterday, or tomorrow.

Michael.4791

Maybe people should check with the list I found on the wiki.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily

There you can see the achievements as they appear on any given workday and if they don’t fit with the achievements shown to you, the date / time on your PC must be wrong.
And if they are the same, then you have reason to send a ticket because this reason will not be the cause of the error.

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

yeah, yeah. how about I haven’t had a daily listed since maintenance. Yes, my clock is fine, yes I do everything the dailies ask, regardless of if they ask me anyway. I do all that kitten as a matter of course. Didn’t have a daily listed yesterday, don’t have one today either.

Posted by: Wisekid.1806

Wisekid.1806

Hi. Uh, I’ve been having the same problem but, my date is set correctly to my timezone and it’s been 4 days since I last done a daily. Should I just change my timezone?

Posted by: Wisekid.1806

Wisekid.1806

Hi. Uh, I’ve been having the same problem but, my date is set correctly to my timezone and it’s been 4 days since I last done a daily. Should I just change my timezone?

Oh! I changed the timezone in my computer it was set wrong and now my daily is working again. Thank you.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Why not just make the dailies reset on the basic server time instead of individuals’ time zones? Just doesn’t make sense to make this so difficult an issue when you can make it simple.

Posted by: Luuckens.5417

Luuckens.5417

since the last update on the 13 my daily has stopped working on a weird level, all slayer related portions of the daily arnt working, i can go all over and i still get a 0% completion on anything slayer related, i also have that problem with Crafting and the “Visit a Laurel Vender” portions as well, however portions like the Daily event and daily healer are working fine,is anyone else having these problems?

Alastair Caliburn/80 Guardian Luuckens /80 Thief
Lùùckens /80 Warrior ~Helljumpers Corp In Fergusons Crossing~

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Check your computer’s clock to make sure it’s set to the correct date/time/time zone. There’s a bug where the list of achievements will use your computer’s clock to determine which ones to display, even though the actual time is used by the server to track achievement progress. So the achievements you can’t advance might be ones from yesterday, or tomorrow.

Posted by: chandrawib.5489

chandrawib.5489

Its been 2 days since i have this problem. Yesterday i have the 25 under water kills for my daily, i have not finished it yet then i logged to another character, when i opened the daily tab, the under water kill is gone and replaced by 50 kills. I kill monsters but its not counted, its still 0 and keep on 0 even if i keep killing monsters. So i didnt get my daily yesterday.

Today i have 50 kills for the daily, and again, i havent finished it. I logged out gw for a little break. When i logged back in, 50 kills is gone replaced by 25 under water kills. So i went under water to kill monsters. But the counter keep showing me 0 kill, the counter is not working.

So Anet owe me 2 laurel, 2 mystic coin, 10k karma, and 10 silver

Keira Skywalker [TFH]

Posted by: struka.1497

struka.1497

Hello people
I have to report serious bug which makes me to consider to quit this game
Some of my daily achievement progress bars such as “underwater kills” , “daily veteran killer” , “daily crafting” simply DON`T WORK!! You can find screenshot from attachment as prove. Most of time daily quest reward never show up despite fact i was sure i completed all 5 separated quests. Scenario from screenshot I took is only 1 random case when game recognized my daily quests completion. In most cases during following month i never got daily rewords i earned. Therefore i have 3 rewards instead of 11-12. This bug seriously jeopardize my in-game progress since most of daily rewards i can not collect. I even reported this bug twice using In-game ticked, but never got reply or any solution. I need help

Attachments:

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

This issue has been answered and resolved about a million times already, please learn to use the search function and do some proper research before creating a new topic. The reason why those objectives aren’t working for you is because those are not the objectives you should be doing that day. Check your PC clock date and set it up correctly, then you will see correct daily objectives. A simple google on this particular issue would have given you the answer weeks ago.

Michael.4791

Ingame tickets don’t give answers. That is already given as a hint when you submit a ticket.

The achievements are done according the server time settings, but they are shown to you according your PC’s time settings. If you check and correct these time settings the two settings would fit again and you will earn the achievements you are looking for.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/System-Date-Affects-Daily-Achievements-Merged/first#post1315993

Posted by: Oira Tikari.3842

Oira Tikari.3842

I have the same issue. Its just not quite what you think it is. The dailies are swapping to showing the next days tasks early and don’t show your progress anymore for the ones that will be different. You can still complete them.. if you remember what they were showing before and ignore the new ones til the proper swap time.
Though it Does crash your game when you finally manage to do it >.<

Michael.4791

You are sure, that it is not the date/time of your PC that is running wild?
Mainly that is the reason for falsely shown dailies.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Set up your PC to automatically update the time/date (or at least, make sure it’s currently correct). For windows,

1. Right-click the clock on the task bar,
  2. Choose, “adjust date and time,” and make sure the third tab (“internet time”) is selected.
  3. Click “change settings” and then click on “synchronize.”
  4. time.windows.com is a reliable choice, although you can select a .gov or other site if you prefer.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

It’s an old bug (since the 28th Janaury patch) and has to do with your computer’s clock. When you don’t get progress in a daily, ask around in map chat or guild chat, they can point you to the correct daily.

Posted by: Endemonadia.8593

Endemonadia.8593

I have a similiar issue.

Ive been able to do 3 of the 5 different components for the daily but the other 2 remain impossible. Basically 2 of them remain at zero and its no matter how many times i do that one nothing registers…

So far ive lost 3 days of dailies to this so im rather annoyed!

I hope the solution offered above works ill try it when i get home tonight…

~Ende~

Posted by: Ekuahx.4518

Ekuahx.4518

I had the same issue as OP and missed 5 or 6 dailies. Yesterday, while playing with a buddy, I found out that I had different daily achievements than him and wondered why..

Found this thread and read the clock-fix. I then saw that my clock was one day behind. I syncronized my clock to the current time and date ( if the time.windows.com doesn’t work choose another one), and now the dailies work properly again.

Thanks to Illconceived Was Na.9781 for posting this!

Posted by: chandrawib.5489

chandrawib.5489

Thank you for the suggestion to fix the clock

Keira Skywalker [TFH]

Posted by: Davorix.2517

Davorix.2517

To complete my daily’s my top 2 sections of the day like Healer or Veteran killer don’t show progress made and often I don’t get the daily reward sometimes I do sometimes I don’t its bugged and I would really like it fixed since that’s how you acquire Laurels

Anyone else have this issue?