Tangled Paths - Game Hangs on selecting Story

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Calixtus.8617

Calixtus.8617

On my Guardian character every time I select personal story in the Hero Panel the game locks and becomes unresponsive. Logged to my Necro and could access personal story panel and start episode 6.
h
Logged back to Guardian and it hung again on selecting personal story. Perhaps you can fix his RNG at the same time as he is the unluckiest character ever! Also tried moving him from Hoelbrak to LA but no difference.

Same problem with my Ranger – hangs every time you click on story journal in hero panel
Logged to my engi, 2 warriors, thief, ele, mes all okay and episode 6 available

Posted by: matja.7426

matja.7426

I am experiencing the same problem on my archer, tried going in different areas, repairing the game, restarting the computer and now i am currentrly reinstalling it.

This bug happened for me when i tried to abandon the old story quest to start the new one.

Posted by: jelenko.6018

jelenko.6018

Same here. My main can’t start the story, but rest of the characters can.

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

Same here. Everytime I click on the story journal on my ranger the game freezes.

Posted by: FalconBeta.9185

FalconBeta.9185

Same issue here. on my warrior (main), everytime I try to access the story journal game freezes and have to ctrl alt delete logout of my computer.
glad to know im not the only one.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

On my Guardian character every time I select personal story in the Hero Panel the game locks and becomes unresponsive. Logged to my Necro and could access personal story panel and start episode 6.
h
Logged back to Guardian and it hung again on selecting personal story. Perhaps you can fix his RNG at the same time as he is the unluckiest character ever! Also tried moving him from Hoelbrak to LA but no difference.

Same problem with my Ranger – hangs every time you click on story journal in hero panel
Logged to my engi, 2 warriors, thief, ele, mes all okay and episode 6 available

Same problem here. When I select the personal story in the hero panel with my Ele the game freezes instantly and is inresponsive. I have to reboot windows 8.1 because GW2 can not be ended with the task manager.

When I try it with my Engi, that has never played LS (and is not geared to) I can start the episode 6.

Please fix this bug fast!

Greetings.

Posted by: AkaXan.1096

AkaXan.1096

I’m experiencing this issue too.

I missed something in a dialogue after the 1st mission of the episode
So, stupid as i was, i quit the episode, thinking i could restart it. Once i comfirmed that i wanted to quit the episode. My screen freezes and becomes unresponsive. No matter how much i relog, i can’t go to story journal tab without getting a frozen screen again.
Now i can’t play through the story :/

Posted by: LadyPaige.6043

LadyPaige.6043

I’m having this same problem with my Ranger. Tried to quit old episode to start new one, froze up. Tried restarting, no good.

Posted by: Kallandra.2610

Kallandra.2610

Same problem with my Necromancer. Every time I click on “Story Journal” my game crashes.

Posted by: Firedancer.8350

Firedancer.8350

Same here! Logged into my main (guardian), accepted the green star on the side and selected the option to play later.

When I went into the LS panel I then went into Episode 5 first (because that was still active from doing achievements) and selected I wanted to quit playing that and I was aware I “might lose progress” in doing so.

This last message then greyed out and the game froze, with the exception of my mouse cursor and sound. Had to use my Task Manager to get out and then got a message from GW2 that the game was not responding with the option to close.

Now every time I try to go into the LS panel on this particular char, it’s an instant freeze. All my other characters are fine and I have done the story on one of them.

Posted by: Arch Enemy.1296

Arch Enemy.1296

Same problem here

Posted by: Charbookwyrm.5264

Charbookwyrm.5264

I’m having the same issue – tried to quit an Echoes of the Past replay then my main character crashed afterwards. Ah well, at least it isn’t just me!

Posted by: nachtnyx.7860

nachtnyx.7860

Reporting that a friend of mine is experiencing this as well on one of their characters. They ran a -repair of their client and it didn’t help at all, still freezing when going to the story journal on that character.

Posted by: GibBits.6504

GibBits.6504

I’m having the same problem. Story Journal tab works fine on my Warrior but instantly freezes the game on my Engineer. Haven’t tested any of my other characters yet. Hopefully it’s patched soon.

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

Posted by: sadatoni.6524

sadatoni.6524

I too am experiencing the issue.

Posted by: aussieGAVO.7853

aussieGAVO.7853

My Guardian is having this same problem. all other characters can start the quest, but my guardians story journal tab freezes the game and then becomes responsive.

Posted by: matja.7426

matja.7426

It is not the same issue… There, the people can access their personal story progress meanwhile if i click on Story journal, the game freezes and i did’t even get a chance to start the new content…

Posted by: Locce.8405

Locce.8405

It is the same issue. Some can access their journal, others can’t, but all of them seem to be affected with characters who stand at “Victory or Death” in their Personal Story. I crash immediately upon clicking the journal on six characters, all of whom are at “Victory or Death”, final mission.

Correction: the crash only occurs for those who actually had the Personal Story active. Those who were in a Living Story chapter for achievements have no problem, even though they are at the critical last mission in their Personal Story.

(edited by Locce.8405)

Posted by: ChyldeMyst.5098

ChyldeMyst.5098

So I guess I have to find a party and go kill Zhaitan, because I just finished a chapter in the Living Story on my main. The game defaulted to the unfinished personal story quest, “Victory or Death”. Now it appears I’m unable to activate the next chapter in Living Story until I get rid of that personal quest, or Anet fixes the journal.

Posted by: Finn Quicke.9561

Finn Quicke.9561

I have the same issue. I finished the story and went back to activate it again for the achievements. It freezes when I click on the Story Journal.

Posted by: erix.7512

erix.7512

Same problem here. I did the LS on my ele and engineer, I switched back to my ele to do them again for the achievements and every time I click the story journal tab the game hard locks, but it works fine on my engineer. I reported the bug in game also, but figured I’d reply to this thread as well.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Had the exact same problem i tested to relog and restart pc but it still freeze. I tried about 10 times relog on my necro, nothing worked. I could enter it from any other character i had except my necro. Instant freeze screen. Another person in guild had same issue.

Posted by: Ang Lobsom.3759

Ang Lobsom.3759

Same problem here. Game hangs the moment I click on the Story Journal icon. This is with my main character. Others do not hang. This is after having started the Tangled Paths story once. That attempt then hung and has been hanging ever since.
I’ve tried both on a Windows machine and on a Mac. Same problem in both cases.

Posted by: mblmg.4820

mblmg.4820

Can confirm. Game crashes on selecting the Story Journal on my Guardian. All other Characters work fine.

Posted by: Varkros.4158

Varkros.4158

Same issue. It’s not a full lock on hitting the story icon as the music continues.

Posted by: Calixtus.8617

Calixtus.8617

Appears to be fixed. Thanks Anet