Tears of Itlaocol

Tears of Itlaocol

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Altas.9064

Altas.9064

After you finish 1st pattern and lit left torches, new pattern for right torches doesn’t work. It works only per server reset, you can finish once, then becomes bugged…

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Beyreva.8769

Beyreva.8769

I just did this achievement not so long ago. Had no problems with it. I’m on Underworld(EU).

Sometimes it’s necessary listening to the silence, it could tell more..

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Altas.9064

Altas.9064

You can check if still works on your server. On Farshiverpeaks new bug appears:

Attachments:

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Daddy Cool.7928

Daddy Cool.7928

Same bug on Fort Ranik server (EU). Only one pattern appearing (right), no reaction.

[BSF] Pour Monik !

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

Same bug on Yak’s Bend. Only pattern on right appears, no torches lit.

Tears of Itlaocol

Beyreva.8769

Went trough this place again. Freshly baked screen-shots! I had some problems lighting the 4th torch, but after some attempts it opened the gate.

1st pic: Upon arrival;
2nd pic: After 1st torch lit;
3rd pic: After 2nd torch lit;
4th pic: After 3rd torch lit;
5th pic; Final 4th torch lit and gate opened.

Attachments:

Tears of Itlaocol

Beyreva.8769

Waited for it to reset and did it again. Works fine on Underworld(EU).

Attachments:

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Done the first two patterns and the torches lit.
Got two new patterns and neither works – the right torches will stay dim whatever i do.

Gunnar’s Hold.

Tears of Itlaocol

Beyreva.8769

For me, the middle stone from the low(last) row gave me problems and had to play around with how I placed the tear on top of it to get it to work. Maybe in your case it’s another one.. I don’t know.. try and play a bit with them see if it helps.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Just tried it again, lit one of the right torches, but can’t work out the other one.

That pattern doesn’t work:
~`~
~``
`~`

~ markins the tears.

(edited by drkn.3429)

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: AngelFalling.7510

AngelFalling.7510

Just tried to do this on Piken Square. Again it is bugged. The left ‘eye’ showing no lit spots at all and the torches staying dim whatever was attempted.

Again seems like it can be done once after a server reset and then it bugs.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

I am going to bump this – as I just went in there and tried doing this achievement. It is bugged on Tarnished Coast. I am currently standing here, only one pattern appears on the stone face (left pattern) after doing that pattern, the first left torch lit, then nothing else. Right pattern doesn’t appear, left pattern doesn’t change, I am unable to complete >.>

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Thorg.6809

Thorg.6809

Just tried it again, lit one of the right torches, but can’t work out the other one.

That pattern doesn’t work:
~`~
~``
`~`

~ markins the tears.

I had the same problem, 3 torches lit no problem, but I couldn’t get the 4th to light. Out of desperation I logged out and back in, tried it once more and it worked no problems.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: jaka.9635

jaka.9635

still bugged on Piken square. Just tried it.
Please unbug it.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Bugged on Darkhaven, only right pattern appears and doing the pattern does nothing.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Kantankerus.6081

Kantankerus.6081

Verified as bugged on Darkhaven….this stinks because it’s blocking completion of the Weeping Cache achievement for the Sky Pirates event.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Tajessa.9460

Tajessa.9460

Fourth torch (right one, second time) is sometimes bugged on Isle of Janthir too. We stood there for 5 minutes trying to somehow make it work as more players came running in, saw us stuck, and ran straight out.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Kantankerus.6081

Kantankerus.6081

It dawned on me to try guesting to another server to complete the achievement. Unfortunately both servers I tried, Henge of Denravi and Isle of Janthir, were also bugged, but not as bad, it would appear. Both had a single torch lit but no pattern projected on the right cheek of the stone face.

On Isle of Janthir, I went ahead and tried multiple known patterns from the wiki until I finally “guessed” the correct right pattern and it kicked up two new patterns, from which I was able to complete the achievement.

Anet…get the bugs worked out on this, they are well documented in the wiki and it’s been MONTHS. At least stick a timer on it so it will completely reset after a period of time.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

Bugged on Tarnished Coast still, needs it for the Cache

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Miraj.3926

Miraj.3926

Open for business on Maguuma. Some people I have talked to seem to believe it becomes bugged when more than one person places stones at the same time.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

It would have been a good idea and extremely logical for ArenaNet to ensure the jumping puzzles were without bugs before featuring them in a Living Story chapter and encouraging the entire playerbase to go do them again. Considering this one has been bugged for so long, either ArenaNet ‘forgot’ about this bugged jumping puzzle, they never bothered to take notice of it being reported on these forums for so long and were ‘unaware’ of it being bugged, or they knew it was bugged but couldn’t be bothered to look into fixing it prior to releasing content that was focused on the jumping puzzles. I really, really hope they only forgot about fixing it, as that is the option that is the least disappointing to me of the three I mentioned.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: anigel.5438

anigel.5438

At least stick a timer on it so it will completely reset after a period of time.

That would help mitigate any number of bugs that keep cropping up where stuff happens and it just stays broken until a server reset. hopefully they will consider putting it into anything that can block progress so if it stays down or undone for a period of time it just self resets.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

In Gunar’s Hold server, yesterday we also have this problem, plus just 5 Tears stones in the room! No more of them anywhere!

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Bellamorte.1758

Bellamorte.1758

Devona’s Rest is glitched as well. The first pattern is shown, it was solved and the first torch lit but the second won’t show. Tried all sorts of patterns nothing works. A group of us built up in the area trying to do it but ended up leaving. Please fix this. It really ruins the “Living Story” when you are sitting trying to figure out how to work past a glitchy system to do it.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Jeremiah Lee.2764

Jeremiah Lee.2764

Live Response QA

Next

If this is still happening, please describe issue/what step is not working and attach screenshot. Server is very helpful too. If only one torch is lit and only one pattern appears, is there anything that you can think of that caused that to happen? For example, did 2 Tears get placed on same platform/or at same time? Was there only one pattern visible before the first torch was lit?
Thank you!

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

I did this yesterday, and between my home server and the 2 others i guested on only one patern was showing during the first phase, i was lucky enough that not all 3 servers were glitched on the same side(NSP and FC only had the right one showing while FA had the left one) so i went ahead and memorized the patern from one of the servers and used it on the one that had it glitched on the opposite side, after finishing the first phase the other 2 paterns appeared without any problems.

Samhaiim ~ Thief

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Jeremiah Lee.2764

Previous

Jeremiah Lee.2764

Live Response QA

It is able to be completed without seeing the missing pattern?

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

On Yak’s Bend, I used the Guild Wars 2 wiki patterns for the eye missing (usually the left is missing when facing the door). You have to go through all of the patterns until you get lucky and it updates the torch. That would make it a display issue I am assuming.

What I noticed when I fixed this bug on Yak’s Bend twice is that I had to use a set of tears for the first two patterns and then a new set of tears (not used in the first 2 patterns) for last two patterns to work correctly. Using the first set of tears did not complete pattern 3 or 4.

Looks like other servers have the right eye missing, but I think the same rules apply. This has been around I think since it has been released.

The one thing I didn’t check was if it was a certain pattern that is being displayed incorrectly. Like pattern 3 – 7 display correctly, but patterns 1, 2, and 8 won’t.

(edited by Outlaw.3421)

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

Yes , as long you somehow find what the missing one is.

Samhaiim ~ Thief

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

Yes, still happening on desolation and usually it’s the “second torch pack” and the one on right that is missing usually.

Sure there is workaround by just checking any guide about it but would be good to get it fixed someday…

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Protip: To avoid situations like these, developers should consider reviewing the wiki’s collection of known bugs to see if they’re about to exacerbate one of them.

Bonus points: Turn that bug list into a to-do list and systematically set about fixing them all. The Category:Bugs page should prove a valuable resource in the fixing of bugs.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: bartmoss.5107

bartmoss.5107

It also seems possible to carry the tears out of the cave, this leads to a possible griefing situation where a player or group of players could carry the tears behind the door. I am not sure if they despawn/respawn.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Jasper.7501

Jasper.7501

Having the same kind of troubles.. Only one “eye” of the face has a pattern on it.
Tried to re-enter the puzzle but it didn’t fix anything.

(Gandara EU)

Attachments:

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

It’s bugged on Drakkar-Lake [DE] right now.

As you can see it is only shown one pattern on the left side and one torch burns (after we completed this pattern). Nothing else happens.

One hour ago we made the same puzzle and completed it (everything was working fine at that time), but now it is not working anymore.

Attachments:

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Any servers open with this not bugged?

Update. Sea of Sorrows works.

(edited by Dommmmmmmmmm.6984)

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Szarazar.7162

Szarazar.7162

It works everywhere. Just got to lay down all possible things.

Type in chat:

/wiki Tears of Itlaocol

and you’ll make it on any Server.

Fènryl Yávem | Sylvari | Ranger

(edited by Szarazar.7162)

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

Sometimes. Often the pattern shows but is wrong.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Quinntero.1042

Quinntero.1042

It is bugged on Stormbluff Isle, where there are no longer any tears visible to move around.

It is bugged on Borlis Pass, where there are plenty of tears, but no visible pattern on the statue’s cheeks, and no torches lit, even when trying out all the known patterns from the Wiki.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

It works everywhere. Just got to lay down all possible things.

Type in chat:

/wiki Tears of Itlaocol

and you’ll make it on any Server.

No, you won’t, because the list is incomplete. I added two new patterns to it myself yesterday. And we didn’t manage to finish the puzzle, because the pattern that we needed wasn’t in the list.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

When I tried to do it, I walked in and 3 out of 4 torches were already lit (someone probably gave up themselves earlier). I tried to reset by taking away all the stones. Then I proceeded to follow the patterns as I saw them. There were no visible changes in the ‘eyes’. I then searched online and tried to complete all of the patterns until the possible finished pattern. I even tried to double stack stones. 2 other random people tried afterwards. We all sat there scratching our heads. I ended up guesting to another server to finish this puzzle. Apparently there are some instances that just get locked up and the the eyes/patterns stop responding? I saw 3 torches, but it was still on the 1st+2nd pattern.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Henge of Denravi server. I do this mini dungeon occasionally and when it’s bugged it’s always bugged when I get to it, before I even start. It’s always the left side that isn’t displaying. So far it can be done if I am willing to try different patterns until it unlocks.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Braxis.8396

Braxis.8396

Only if someone memorized all possible patterns or copy them from wiki. But seriously do we have to refer to 3-pt pages because you can’t fix dungeon ?

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Aapheus.5780

Aapheus.5780

Yep, massively bugged on Stormbluff Isle. No tears to be found anywhere. I’m trying it by guesting on Ehmry Bay now.

No go on Ehmry Bay. The correct pattern isn’t working. Same on Devonna’s Rest.

Thank you A-Net for putting one of the caches in perhaps the buggiest part of the map.

“Sharpen your blades and protect your vitals — I’m back!”

(edited by Aapheus.5780)

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: mechanizeddeath.3127

mechanizeddeath.3127

Definitely bugged on Stormbluff Isle still. Only one tear that I can see.

Checked out Sea of Sorrows per above comment, not only did it have all tears but a guild was actively working on it and got through in moments.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: mobile storage.1294

mobile storage.1294

Might aswell just list the servers where it works
was bugged on Friday
NS
TC and
FA

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It is possible if you check the wiki and try all possible patterns there, or if you randomly try patterns, but that can take ages.

It’ll be nice if putting a tear in a correct stone would make the stone glow.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

It is possible if you check the wiki and try all possible patterns there, or if you randomly try patterns, but that can take ages.

It’ll be nice if putting a tear in a correct stone would make the stone glow.

This is the best fix for this bug really. It’s been bugged since release. Seems like a pretty simple fix and could also go along with the fact that it is a puzzle….

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Crimson Magdelana.9024

Crimson Magdelana.9024

When the cache ordeal became available, the puzzle only worked once on Isle of Janthir. So we all Guested over to Yaks and it worked fine as eventually 40 people all piled in trying to get through.

All possible solutions were tried in all sorts of order. We even had a friend who previously completed the puzzle give it a shot, and no love at all. Guesting for the win.

You call it afk. I call it getting a beer.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Well a little late for this since it ends in about 12 hours. Although I don’t agree with porting, this is often bugged and a limited time achievement. A mesmer can lay a portal next to the exit from within the room with the cache and then exit the door and hop down the ledge to port. The door is one way so only a port will get you back in.

If any mesmer wants to do that then I’m sure you can advertise which server you are doing it on and then have people guest there. It beats having to cycle through ALL of the puzzle possibilities which itself defeats the point of the puzzle in the first place. Either way the puzzle isn’t getting done the way that it should because of the bug.

Tears of Itlaocol

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

What is most disturbing about this is that it has been bugged since launch, documented, and reported, yet they seem to know nothing of the bug and procede to place new content at the end of the JP.