Tier 3 human female cultural armor Glitch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sorry.6741

Sorry.6741

When wearing the human female tier 3 cultural armor which costs 30gold, there is an unfortunate graphical glitch which basically cuts the abdomen in half whenever the character does any idle animations. It seems the skin texture doesnt stretch properly and instead a gaping hole appears through which the background can be seen.

I have asked other players in game to observe and they confirm what I see. They did not have the same graphic card as I did, so I believe this is an issue with the texture of the female and not something that I can alleviate.

Please look at the screenshot attached.

For reference I am using a radeon 7970HD, while the graphical glitch was also observed from someone using an Nvidia 670.
I am using the latest drivers.

- Normally I would not report something like this, but I think when an outfit costs over 100g to complete it shouldnt be delivered with something that takes a chunk out of the character

Attachments:

(edited by Sorry.6741)

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

As of the last patch there’s gear skin bugs all over the place, theres bugs with weapons and bugs with armor on human female characters. Profane Armor Skin human women lose their abdomine and their torso is colored gray, T3 cultural human sets take a chunk out of female characters, and I think I noticed a couple of others running around and have seen people talking about it.

Posted by: Davinna.2067

Davinna.2067

I have the same problem with my female human with her winged set of armor. She’s got a section of her belly you can see right through.

Attachments:

The cake is a lie!
Crimson Phoenix [CPT] – Gate of Madness

Posted by: Nat.7946

Nat.7946

Yep, confirming the seam issue on Valkyrie Winged Pants:

Attachments:

Posted by: Georc.2958

Georc.2958

I just experienced this issue on my human female wearing the karma vendor armor from kessex hills. I believe it’s called “Dry Bones” armor (screenshot below).
A less noticeable seam also appears on the back of my character when using the dry bones chest piece and embroidered pants.
I hope they fix this at some point (preferably soon) because it is rather unsightly.
Maybe you should change the name of the thread since this issue is obviously not just happening with the tier 3 cultural armor.

Attachments:

(edited by Georc.2958)

Posted by: BFNK.6748

BFNK.6748

Any update on this? The cultural t3 set is the one and only armor that I’m farming for, this has to get fixed..

Sorry.6741

It has been fixed for t3 female cultural armor, sometime yesterday fyi. Thanks for that Arenanet!

Posted by: svchost.9315

svchost.9315

Are you sure this is fixed? I’ve noticed this problem again today. Perhaps it has to do with which gloves you equip. Check out my post

Sorry.6741

Yes Im sure, compare my previous pic to this one:

Attachments: