Tired of Guild-Related Bugs

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Running a guild in this game has been awful for me, but lately, it’s unbearable. Almost every area of the guild system is bugging out all the time.

Every time i try to organize a guild mission, where i’m having to train new ppl, do a lot of explaining etc, i go to launch the mission and suddenly the entire chat resets and other than roster panel, all others go blank, including the mission window. This happens so often, it’s driving me crazy. It can happen anywhere, but if we gather in the guild hall, it’s guaranteed to happen and the only way to start the mission, is to rezone. Even when not running the missions, my guild chat keeps resetting, wiping all conversations, truly frustrating experience.

If more than 5 ppl are in my squad and enter guild hall, we’re immediately warned the map is closing in 5 min, seriously?

Every time i upgrade nodes in my own guild hall, it prevents me gathering nodes in my alt guilds, that again!

Please, for the love of god, fix the guild systems. Running a guild in gw2 is a very painful experience, not to mention exhausting. I’m sad to admit, this game has the worst guild system i’ve ever experienced and 4 years in, it’s only getting worse.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I hate the awkward instancing system that the halls have. Why does it have to be a 5 man instance at start? That means that there is constant switching of instances even outside of guild mission times.

At mission times it means that first 5 people entering the hall do not even get the switch notice since they’re still loading, and they have to go all the way out and in again and hope that the others won’t get instance switch notice when they’re out. :P

This instancing thing is what bothers me the most.

Easy way to fix it would be to make it start as 15 man instance instead of 5.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I hate the awkward instancing system that the halls have. Why does it have to be a 5 man instance at start? That means that there is constant switching of instances even outside of guild mission times.

At mission times it means that first 5 people entering the hall do not even get the switch notice since they’re still loading, and they have to go all the way out and in again and hope that the others won’t get instance switch notice when they’re out. :P

This instancing thing is what bothers me the most.

Easy way to fix it would be to make it start as 15 man instance instead of 5.

They need to do something and fast. The guild system and tools available to us is in abysmal state. We don’t even have a mass mailout system so we can send a blanket email to our guild members. I know gw2 name doesn’t mean its guild focused game, but that’s what most new ppl looking at this game think. They’d be shocked once they find out the state of the guilds, especially if they decided to run one.

I feel guilds have been neglected since launch of the game (bar them introducing guild missions, which in themselves are often bugged) and it’s come to bite them in the face. Some of the issues have been here for a long time and even when they fix some of them, the next patch or a guild upgrade bugs them out again, which means they haven’t fixed them properly in the first place.

I’ve not even touched upon guild mission rewards and how they randomly bug out, where one day they work, next day they don’t.