Tournament chests and transferring between server regions

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Really annoying bug… Been 2 months and it’s still not sorted out? I don’t even think I’ve earned many chests on EU, yet on NA I’m still not getting my chests -_________-.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: XZNTX.7849

XZNTX.7849

any solution?

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Not fixed yet? Ok that was my monthly forum visit. Cya guys in another month, will see if its fixed by then.

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

I have the same problem again, but i saw in the announcement the soon update about servor transfer. Will this problem be fixed by then ? It would be quite annoying ..

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Previous

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

This is still a known issue. We recognize that this impacts some of our players heavily, so we definitely want to remedy it. However, the fix is rather involved, so we don’t yet have an ETA on when this will be fixed.

Posted by: Lurifix.2085

Lurifix.2085

Oh great. im so happy I bought new tickets with gems now.. if I only spend a around 40 euros more on tickets I might start earning again then? fantastic!

Posted by: Volcano.3918

Volcano.3918

Any SOlution to this problem?
Ths thng is quite annoying and i dnt really like doing pvp now cuz tournaments means nthng wtht chests and glory……..
I hav done 280 tournaments on my previous server does that mean i hav to do 280 again to start getting chest?

Zero Warlord (AR)

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Any SOlution to this problem?
Ths thng is quite annoying and i dnt really like doing pvp now cuz tournaments means nthng wtht chests and glory……..
I hav done 280 tournaments on my previous server does that mean i hav to do 280 again to start getting chest?

Well.. only the matches were you got chests, you will have to redo.
ive only got 600 tournaments left before i get chests… it will probably stay 600 since i never login at gw2 anymore anyway.

Well.. only the matches were you got chests, you will have to redo.
ive only got 600 tournaments left before i get chests… it will probably stay 600 since i never login at gw2 anymore anyway.

Posted by: Panda.1793

Panda.1793

Only solution to this is to wait for their ‘big pvp’ patch, Im just abit confused why they havent addressed this issue along time ago. Will keep an eye on updates page, if nothing comes about good bye all.

Posted by: Volcano.3918

Volcano.3918

Already said my goodbye lol……….
was here for the last hope but nvm

Zero Warlord (AR)

Abazigal.3679

I went to test something so. I changed to US servor 2 weeks ago where i didn’t receive any chest. Then i changed back to EU servor where i earned about 10 rewards ( worked normally since i earned none on US one)..

However, i switched again to US servor finally for this special week, but i’m still not receiving rewards after much more than 10 tournaments wins( or loses, since paid give rewards also when losing)..

Do i have to earn more rewards than ALL the ones i had on EU servor, or simply on the previous servor ? This is quite annoying since now i would have to give gemstones to get back on old servor, but however this is still bugged…

Posted by: Ouro.5846

Ouro.5846

Will we be retroactively rewarded? I was on NA servers and won something like 70-90 tournament matches (can’t check right now) before transferring to EU – Aurora Glade. While I don’t need the rewards to continue PvPing, I can’t help but cry a little everytime I see someone in some cool looking gear :’(

Warmage Timeraider.5861

lets see.. another 2 weeks past since i last checked.. not fixed yet? Im outta here again.

Posted by: Mehlkee.6804

Mehlkee.6804

I wonder how little effort is going into fixing this. Please inform us of your endeavors on the matter, it’s serious and I’m sure everyone is surprised it still has not been addressed.

Posted by: Im Rollin Rich.7685

Im Rollin Rich.7685

It seems that I am too, one of many that got into this problem, It saddens me to see that this is ongoing since release…
Anet not even updating on us, People wasting tons of money on buying tickets, People wasting tons of rewards, People quit the game.

Do we even get those rewards back?!
I better hope this gets fixed in the next “PvP-update”.

Seriously Anet, Invest some time in this!!!

Panda.1793

Just a bit silly they didnt try to hurry this up before they updated tournaments to 1 ticket entry. Woulda been nice to get alot more armor and weapons while the goings good.

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

So…. its kind of been 4 months. This isnt a light matter either, how is possible this is still in the backseat, I am sure its complex but.. 4 months?

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

Posted by: Asahi.1487

Asahi.1487

I want to buy gems and switch regions, but no point seeing as I won’t get any rewards from PvP.

Still waiting since release…

Panda.1793

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-February-26-2013

mistake me if im wrong but I see no progress or update on this matter.

This is now a walking joke Anet, sort yourselves out, I cant believe this is a sticky topic and yet it obviously isnt a priority

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

what a joke no fix yet I quit because of this issue since december and since Anet doesn’t care so do I. Bye bye Guildwars2.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I have ~1000 tourney wins on ameircan server, if I wanted to switch to europe how would I start getting the chests again please?

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I’ve spent the past two days trying to win the same number of tournaments as on my previous server. This is ridiculous – I lose loot+rank points….all for nothing. For god’s sake fix this at a priority!

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

I dont have any clue about computers :

But when u transfer a character , the system transfer their data to the new region ?
Theres a bug on it ?
Any chance instead of that , u could create a new character , on the the new region and replicate (not tranfer) the character items-gold-lvl-race-achiv and delete the original when the prossess is over ?

Posted by: Gonven.5420

Gonven.5420

Any person from Anet, can give a info about the issue “Tournament chests and transferring between server regions” in spvp? This bug has been very detrimental to our spvp experience (i simply have received NO tpvp rewards for weeks).
Would be nice to have an update on the progress of fixing this issue.

Panda.1793

Any person from Anet, can give a info about the issue “Tournament chests and transferring between server regions” in spvp? This bug has been very detrimental to our spvp experience (i simply have received NO tpvp rewards for weeks).
Would be nice to have an update on the progress of fixing this issue.

Ayee, 8k views , few months old and not much response from anyone. I suggest getting this fixed soon, It may not seem like such a big deal to some, but its just not right!. the main point is if you cant revive any goodies to reward you for play, eventually you have no incentive to keep on playing, let alone look forward to future updates, because your still gonna suffer the same as you were.

Dont make Pandas sad! Please reply soon!

Panda.

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Seriously ? this isnt fixed yet ? o.0

Gonven.5420

Seriously ? this isnt fixed yet ? o.0

Nop, and i can´t see any good thing yet , even a explanation by Anet, why this fix can’t coming with March patch.

Gonven.5420

Tyler, Jonathan, anyone can give us more info about this?

Warmage Timeraider.5861

1 month since i last checked on GW2.. not yet fixed? im out of here again

Panda.1793

Anymore news please? Not that it matters as iv nearly outdone previous wins, but it would be nice to know. Were not going to be reimbursed with anything so the least you could do is reply

edit: started receiving rewards again so it dosent affect me anymore, it was annoying as kittens so I hope you get this sorted for other players asap.

(edited by Panda.1793)

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Another month passed since my last visit.. not fixed.. ok, out of here again

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Geh this is the wrong thread.

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

I just started to get my chests back…. after over a hundred tournaments, but at least it works now.

Posted by: Masmar.1528

Masmar.1528

So, 6 months later, any progress on this? I just came back to playing again, to find out I need to win another 60 tournaments before I’ll even start getting rewards. Pretty let down to say the least.

Panda.1793

This is still a known issue. We recognize that this impacts some of our players heavily, so we definitely want to remedy it. However, the fix is rather involved, so we don’t yet have an ETA on when this will be fixed.

Progress update? We know itl still be ‘rather involved’ but I dunno if you have anyone sorting this problem

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Also please fix this which seems to be related to the tournament chest rewards:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/sPVP-rank-bug/first

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Ignoring is the best way to deal with incompetence.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Posted by: Masmar.1528

Masmar.1528

Still no word on this….?

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Checking on this after another month.. still not fixed.
Out of here again

Posted by: AwwDude.1597

AwwDude.1597

We’ve discovered an issue where you may stop earning PvP tournament reward chests after transferring from a EU server to a US server, or from a US server to an EU server. We don’t have an immediate fix for this, but we’re continuing to investigate the issue. If you’ve stopped earning reward chests after a server transfer and transfer back to your original server region, you should begin earning tournament rewards again. If you continue to play in your new server region, you should begin earning tournament rewards again once you’ve earned more tournament reward chests than the amount you earned in your original server region. We will update again once we have more details.

So basically what your saying is I need 300+ wins to start getting chest’s again?

Hmmm, is it worth the grind or do you wait it out?

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Well finally I realized im not the only one with this issue.. And holy my behind, 6 months to fix a bug.. That’s great

I have near 100 wins on a US server.. So I have to seriously win 100 matches on EU now to receive rewards again??? Anet… Wow.. Im without words for your customer service. We feel appreciated. Really. This is the stuff that makes people stop playing.

Here is my personal experience on the subject:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/No-rewards-upon-winning-PvP-Tournament/first#post1972155

Thanks to Melana for pointing me here

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Empathetic Fighter.2065

There are thousand of ppl out there which had the same bug and left the game because of that. But it’s really appreciated that A-Net just ignores the problems when they don’t find a solution instead of just saying: “Sorry guys, we are incapable to fix this bug”.
Communication is everything, even when it’s not positive as in this case. But it’s always better to inform ppl about it and don’t leave them allone.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Treeline.3865

There are thousand of ppl out there which had the same bug and left the game because of that. But it’s really appreciated that A-Net just ignores the problems when they don’t find a solution instead of just saying: “Sorry guys, we are incapable to fix this bug”.
Communication is everything, even when it’s not positive as in this case. But it’s always better to inform ppl about it and don’t leave them allone.

Lucky for me I’m not solely a PvP player, but I could imagine that a PvP-only player would leave the game for this. It’s like taking a PvE player and saying hey, you know the XP you get from events, dungeons and personal story? – Let’s take that away and let you level only on monster XP if you should choose to transfer.
I get they have priorities, but how this is a low(no-)priority bug baffles me completely.
And as you say they are bad at communicating, but that I knew already, they have proven so several times in the past already. Bad answers are better than no answers indeed.

Abazigal.3679

It was an annoying bug indeed, but it was fine when the servor transfer was free. So you could switch to play with friends, then go back a week after. Today, 1800 gems to switch to NA servors( all are very high populated most of the time) is close to 55 gold, which is impossible to get for solo PvP players( and even casual PvE ones)…

Treeline.3865

It was an annoying bug indeed, but it was fine when the servor transfer was free. So you could switch to play with friends, then go back a week after. Today, 1800 gems to switch to NA servors( all are very high populated most of the time) is close to 55 gold, which is impossible to get for solo PvP players( and even casual PvE ones)…

I spent 500 gems transferring to US (close to 20g). So anet is basically saying it’s ok that i need to win another ~80 tPvP matches or pay 1800 gems / ~70-80 gold to transfer back to US, in order to get win rewards + that it is ok that I so far have not received around 20 chests. Get your sheets together Anet. Pls.

Treeline.3865

Thought I would share the final answer I got from support, when I finally managed to level with them. I’m not sure if it is a comforting send-off or if it actually is a priority, but here you are:

I’m very sorry to hear about the situation you’ve been having with the tournament chests. The developers are definitely making this one of their priorities. But I’m afraid, as with many bug reports, it can take some time. Extensive testing and coding are required to not only resolve this issue, but to ensure it does not create additional issues elsewhere in the game. No timeframe is available on when this will happen, but when more information is available, it would be posted at (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates) and the forums (http://forum.guildwars2.com/).

We definitely understand your frustrations over this, and I do apologize we do not have more definitive information on this matter. The only alternative at this time would be to continue playing your matches and earning any amount of rewards on your new world that would be greater than the rewards earned on your previous world. Without any definitive timeframe for this issue, we would be unable to offer any other workarounds or solutions.

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.

Treeline.3865

Sorry for the heavy posting, but got one more answer:

It is important to remember that reports submitted in-game go directly to our QA team for investigation. All reports of this nature will need to be submitted in-game so that QA can attempt to verify and reproduce the issue.

So from everything I’ve gotten out of them, It sounds like the more bug reports you guys send after each game, the greater the chance to get it solved. I’ll from now on send them an ingame bug report every single time i win a tournament.

Empathetic Fighter.2065

They can’t copy/paste their standard messages anymore if you do that. But if we are realistic, this problem will never be solved. It’s since release there and can’t be fixed by them (same for random-map rotation).

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Posted by: BakedGoodz.4082

BakedGoodz.4082

Aww man i just saw this after transfering from EU to NA so i guess am gonna be grinding some tournies for a while, well at least i’ll gain some tournie experience :P

Treeline.3865

Isn’t it lovely, considering you paid 1800 gems to not receive chests?