Tournament chests and transferring between server regions

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

A friendly reminder to devs that you forgot to put the fix in the May 14th patch
/irony.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Treeline.3865

Johanson then went on to say, “We’re committed to growing core and PvP communities. We want to offer strong support for the PvP community and then we’ll look into other options for how the PvP game plays out for the entire community. There are lots of exciting things in store for PvP down the road.”

Where is this strong support for the PvP community he is talking about?

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

The least they could do by now is give me a server transfer back to my old server. Still havent played since abut 4-5 months ago when this bullkitten started

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

Posted by: AwwDude.1597

AwwDude.1597

The grind is now finished, I can now get chest’s!

Treeline.3865

Congratulations. I think I still have around 40 to go, and for reference, Anet (I know they’re not reading here, who am I fooling) you currently owe me around 60 chests including rank points and glory.

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

But that’s not really a good solution since you would have to do this all again if you had to change servor.

If the chest in itself isn’t such a big issue, the 200 glory points are a problem. At a point( let’s say above r40), you rank up very slowly, and thus it can take 2-3 times longer to achieve, which isn’t really fair.

Maybe the 200 points should be added at the end of the match, in the results chart…

Treeline.3865

But that’s not really a good solution since you would have to do this all again if you had to change servor.

If the chest in itself isn’t such a big issue, the 200 glory points are a problem. At a point( let’s say above r40), you rank up very slowly, and thus it can take 2-3 times longer to achieve, which isn’t really fair.

Maybe the 200 points should be added at the end of the match, in the results chart…

That would be a nice temporary solution. Not to say I dont care about the chests, but rank points would definitely help.. Im at about 80 games now with no chest reward. Good Guy Anet… Cough.

Posted by: Bahamzero.6783

Bahamzero.6783

Cant believe it’s still not fixed

Treeline.3865

Cant believe it’s still not fixed

It requires some work to fix, I’ll give them that. But 7 months is pretty incredible, especially with players having left over the bug.

Posted by: Xaragon.3520

Xaragon.3520

Yeah by the time I get chests again I will have had to grind out close to 300 hundred wins, So I assume that’s 300 or so chests and experience I won’t receive but the worst part is I missed out on certain unique pvp items I would have no doubt gotten through chests during the period where I didn’t receive any.

If they had said anything about this when I decided to transfer I wouldn’t have transferred in the 1st place.

Treeline.3865

So, I tried asking on the Q&A session on the GuildWars2 stream. After asking for an ETA about the bugfix, the message was deleted twice, and I was banned from the chat. Kick me more in the nuts, Anet. Please.

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

All the effort is on creating new and awesome town clothing hears and shinny backpacks!

Bug fixing is just boring…

Treeline.3865

All the effort is on creating new and awesome town clothing hears and shinny backpacks!

Bug fixing is just boring…

I’m pretty sure the reason is that in order to fix the bug they will have to rearrange the way they count matches played, which is messy because it affects other things. I get that it is not one of the easy fixes, but to ignore a bug that blocks progress in PvP for those affected is just plain bad prioritizing. Postponing it for 9 months, even worse! We should not have to be ignored just because they made a bad programming decision.

Posted by: Gumby.1708

Gumby.1708

I would like to know if the support at least lets you change your server for free if this problem occurs to you. Did someone try ?

I mean over 20 euro to change the server and paying that price again just because they cant fix the problem is just exploitation of the consumer ….

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

They should close this thread by now or at least unstick it. The problem is not solved and we didn’t get an official answer from their side either.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Posted by: Panda.1793

Panda.1793

This is still a known issue. We recognize that this impacts some of our players heavily, so we definitely want to remedy it. However, the fix is rather involved, so we don’t yet have an ETA on when this will be fixed.

This is disgusting to see this still isnt fixed, please give honest answers to the community. Your peoples work rate for PvP is atrocious. This bug dosent even affect me anymore, but if I were you I would have sorted this out awhile ago, considering how many players drop out for stupid reasons like this.

It is your game guys, have some self respect and pride. Or at least do more PR stuff and apologize more

Treeline.3865

This is disgusting to see this still isnt fixed, please give honest answers to the community. Your peoples work rate for PvP is atrocious. This bug dosent even affect me anymore, but if I were you I would have sorted this out awhile ago, considering how many players drop out for stupid reasons like this.

It is your game guys, have some self respect and pride. Or at least do more PR stuff and apologize more

I agree. Of course bugfixes can be prioritized – But that’s talking days, maybe weeks in some cases. I’m not rid of the bug yet, I have lost around 100 chests, 20.000 rank points and 20.000 glory.

Worst part is that the bug gets worse. Imagine in a few years if someone decides to change server – The person might have 1.000 wins on that server. Imagine 5 years, 3.000 wins maybe. Back in the beginning it was maybe 10-20 chests which made the bug serious but not gamebreaking. People are losing 100’s of chests now.

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Can we get a response to this long standing bug? Thanks in advance.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Posted by: ToooShea.3640

ToooShea.3640

Okay. This is absurd. I’ve lost only 4 chests. Didn’t realize what was happening so I checked the forum. 9 months this has been happening?…. wow. come on

Treeline.3865

To be quite exact, since it is how the system is designed, the bug has been there since release. They only found it 9 months ago. But yes, it is absurd. But hey, congratulations on only missing out on 4 chests.

Posted by: ToooShea.3640

ToooShea.3640

Anyway to get around this…? by any chance…?

Treeline.3865

Anyway to get around this…? by any chance…?

A: Keep playing until you start earning chests again. Could be 10 matches or 1.000, depending how much you have played tPvP.

B: Switch back to NA/EU server (Whichever you came from)

C: Keep spamming the kitten out of Anet until they realize how broken this is.

pot.6805

Devs, can we can get an update on this?

BeeGee
Beast mode

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

This is a huge issue.. When your entire guild moves server you can’t really go back without losing tonnes of friends. And I now have Guildies that refuse to do tPvP because they have to win over 1000 games to get any reward.

REALLY, why hasn’t this been fixed.

pot.6805

This is a huge issue.. When your entire guild moves server you can’t really go back without losing tonnes of friends. And I now have Guildies that refuse to do tPvP because they have to win over 1000 games to get any reward.

REALLY, why hasn’t this been fixed.

Agreed, we haven’t even gotten an update.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

So here’s the sitch.. if we start doing regional tournaments irl some of us will have to change regions (including me). At this stage I’d rather not go without tournament chests for a year (assuming I’m very active).

It’s kind of a big deal now Anet.

Phaatonn, London UK

Treeline.3865

I just finished grinding out the no chest tournaments, took me around 110-120 wins. Even though I get chests again I still feel cheated for the rank points I should have received for these.

Posted by: Bahamzero.6783

Bahamzero.6783

Had my hopes up for this solo Q patch but still no chests as reward

Posted by: Adanedor.1645

Adanedor.1645

I transfered from EU to NA and then back to EU, won two SoloQ today and I haven’t got any chests.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Coming up one year, and this still isn’t resolved. Really good work ANet.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Treeline.3865

Yup, bugs are simply not a priority. They rush new content and never look back. Try taking a look at they guy tracking living story bugs in bugs forum. It’s ridiculous.

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

If you continue to play in your new server region, you should begin earning tournament rewards again once you’ve earned more tournament reward chests than the amount you earned in your original server region. We will update again once we have more details.

WoW. Really? Can I get refund on my transfer gem cost?

I have over 2600+ tournament wins on NA, so i need to win 2600+ matches on EU before I begin receiving chest again?

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

kirito.4138

This is still a known issue. We recognize that this impacts some of our players heavily, so we definitely want to remedy it. However, the fix is rather involved, so we don’t yet have an ETA on when this will be fixed.

Tyler wrote this months ago.

If the bug won’t be fix or cant be in the near future……..Can I at least get a transfer back to my old server/region? ATM, I can’t even do that.

Plus on top of that paying the gems to transfer twice!

Treeline.3865

While I had lengthy conversations with support (Read: They copy pasted a lot of standard answers) I never asked for a refund on the server transfer. You should definitely try that.

kirito.4138

Well this is Anet support most updated response to this issue or at least what they ‘copy/pasted’

Issues like the one you reported often are complex to resolve, and the time it takes to fix them can vary widely based on the severity and complexity of each issue. Because of this we are unable to provide a timeframe in which the issue might be resolved

I asked in support for refund on transfer, but they didn’t reply. They really should because these transfers are expensive. Basically a whole $25 gem card one way. $50 for both.

(edited by kirito.4138)

Phaeton.9582

Well this is Anet support most updated response to this issue or at least what they ‘copy/pasted’

Issues like the one you reported often are complex to resolve, and the time it takes to fix them can vary widely based on the severity and complexity of each issue. Because of this we are unable to provide a timeframe in which the issue might be resolved

I asked in support for refund on transfer, but they didn’t reply. They really should because these transfers are expensive. Basically a whole $25 gem card one way. $50 for both.

He should be refunded; being charged for transferral only to find it breaks your game isn’t acceptable.

As for this thread, I’ve just accepted now that I may as well just stick to my alt account on EU and leave my r56 on NA to rot.

Phaatonn, London UK

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

I just deleted my characters and transfered for free. I didn’t pve anyways.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

Phaeton.9582

I just deleted my characters and transfered for free. I didn’t pve anyways.

Did you get the chest bug?

Phaatonn, London UK

kirito.4138

He should be refunded; being charged for transferral only to find it breaks your game isn’t acceptable.

As for this thread, I’ve just accepted now that I may as well just stick to my alt account on EU and leave my r56 on NA to rot.

Well support escalated my ticket for a day then closed it. No further contact, response and no resolution. Afterwards I got a support survey asking how well they performed.

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

What chest bug? Not receiving one? Who cares? I had a few hundred before still don’t need them, or care. I kept my rank and my 600k glory.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

kirito.4138

You might not care for chest, but I want them. 150 rank points + chest items = source of gold for someone that only PVP.

What chest bug? Read the first post of this thread.

(edited by kirito.4138)

Treeline.3865

What chest bug? Not receiving one? Who cares? I had a few hundred before still don’t need them, or care. I kept my rank and my 600k glory.

Not you. So what are you doing here?

pot.6805

I hate this bug.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Posted by: Horus.8327

Horus.8327

Is this bug still happening? well I guess I won’t play tpvp anymore…

kirito.4138

Well support escalated my ticket for a day then closed it. No further contact, response and no resolution. Afterwards I got a support survey asking how well they performed.

Glad eventually someone in support actually understood the bug, took about 17 days, but they finally reimburse me for the transfer gem cost.

Considering how small the current sPVP population and even smaller the # of people that do region transfer for sPVP I doubt the bug will be fixed. Cost-benefit ratio just not worth it atm.

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

I just transferred from EU to NA and am having this same issue. It’s ridiculous that this has been in the game since release and still no fix. Expecting me to match my tournament wins before getting rewarded is one of the most outlandish fixes I’ve ever heard of.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Treeline.3865

I just transferred from EU to NA and am having this same issue. It’s ridiculous that this has been in the game since release and still no fix. Expecting me to match my tournament wins before getting rewarded is one of the most outlandish fixes I’ve ever heard of.

Although I’m rid of the bug after 100 pointless matches, it still sucks. But honestly? Don’t expect a fix.. You will wear yourself down :/

kirito.4138

Expecting me to match my tournament wins before getting rewarded is one of the most outlandish fixes I’ve ever heard of.

\

Its not a fix, more like a workaround.

Posted by: Palatschinken.1508

Palatschinken.1508

11 Months later and nothing changed, Good Job A-Net

Treeline.3865

11 Months later and nothing changed, Good Job A-Net

Then add in the 2 months before the bug was found. It has been there since release