Tower Down (64) Personal Story Quest

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Just completed it on my second try. I believe (don’t quote me) that the last objective (“Clear the beach of the undead”) will not update unless you kill every last undead you find. There is, as has been mentioned, an undead mob that will be stuck under the first or second tower, and will be totally invisible unless you target it with your skills with Auto-target enabled. In my case, there was one Risen stuck under the second tower that I found when my Meteor Shower kept hitting something under the tower (I kept seeing “Invulnerable” pop up from under me lol.) So I waited for a few seconds till the thing’s invulnerability ran out and nuked it; thankfully I was able to hit it despite being above it. Quest updated as normal after killing that last NPC.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: Twelves.2013

Twelves.2013

My third attempt and it bugged worse trying the third tower first method. All of the NPCs have stopped right after you exit the third tower location cave entrance. Very frustrated by this quest. I’m solo, Asuran, Guardian first line.

Posted by: notamogwai.7510

notamogwai.7510

Asura Engineer
Order of Whispers

Took all three towers down, finished clearing beach. All quest points checked off but quest did not complete. Ran around to the the other towers, found one more undead near the first tower, took him out. Still nothing.

Attachments:

Posted by: jasonorme.5014

jasonorme.5014

Same problem here.

Human Thief, Whispers.

Towers destroyed, beach cleared, even killed the mobs under the rubble and nothing.
I wouldn’t mind but I found the quest so boring.

Posted by: DaddyDaz.5193

DaddyDaz.5193

same issue. still.

experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Posted by: Andy Rymz.7518

Andy Rymz.7518

Managed to get it completed finally. Basically I ran in front of the NPC’s and aggroed all foes so they flocked to us. Makes each Tower longer to complete but at least they don’t then get stuck under the collapsed tower.

Posted by: Mikko.7031

Mikko.7031

After todays update this personal story is still bugged. Clear the Beach of Undead -part is checked but still nothing happens. Patch notes said it should’ve been fixed.

Posted by: BoOly.1329

BoOly.1329

Mine was still bugged even after a full clear, thus my question : does the Pack Marmox ever goes further down the ramp of the third beach, or is it getting stuck in front of the Wild Hunt Steward Camp normal?

This struck me as before that specific place, the pack would just rush in the fights and attack, but not from this ramp and further…

Just a thought.

Posted by: Dimebag.7108

Dimebag.7108

gah this is ridiculous, tried 3 days ago, this guest like 3 times and now on a friday and free this weekend just want to play and same thing. i don´t want to scout areas, just want to complete the story….. Get so tierd, uninstall and throw away the cd and play wow again?

Posted by: BoOly.1329

BoOly.1329

All right, managed to get it working.

My method : aggro whole third beach, Tonn’s gonna bomb the hell out of it, everyone die (especially Tonn), get back, do not rez anyone, kill everything… Done : cut-scene triggers.

Posted by: Shrapnel.1528

Shrapnel.1528

Human Mesmer – Gunnar’s Hold – Solo

Still not working.

I’ve just done this for the fourth time – twice after today’s patch that was supposedly meant to fix this garbage.

Edit: Quest is complete according to the log, but there’s no cutscene. Also, the Marmox is still stuck at the top near the camp.

(edited by Shrapnel.1528)

Posted by: Tatsuo.9036

Tatsuo.9036

Sylvari, chose vigil and went in solo. Mine also got stuck after destroying 3 towers and clearing the beach. When i cleared the beach it gave the ’’check’’ in my questlist but didnt trigger further to the scene.

Posted by: kissmyapocalypse.9862

kissmyapocalypse.9862

just bugged out on me, sylvari, priory, solo

:(

Attachments:

Posted by: MissusDolly.9352

MissusDolly.9352

Having issues with this quest as well. Killed everything and Tonn won’t even take down the first tower. Sylvari ranger, took the path of the vigil, also level 79.

Attachments:

Posted by: pomminion.3698

pomminion.3698

Lvl 64 personal story quest “Tower Down”
Charr Warrior Vigil
Towers destroyed, beach cleared, even killed the mobs under the rubble and nothing.

Posted by: Thruxus.6145

Thruxus.6145

September 15th, Saturday, 4:45am CST, 2012, Slyvari Ranger, Solo w/ Pet Completed all three towers, but Mobs got stuck under the rock, can not touch them with anything, Invulnerable comes up. Same issue as others, please fix. Everything is checked, including Clear the Beach, but no cut-screen.

Dekia Foreststalker
Slyvari Ranger
Primary Pet: Jungle Stalker “Laewoo’s Cousin”

Posted by: Itachi Uchiha.3548

Itachi Uchiha.3548

The bug has been reported since 9 days and yet not rectified what is this?? I am bored of doing this quest again ……

Posted by: Mirithal.7685

Mirithal.7685

Hey All,

On my fourth try I was able to complete this quest. As other people mention in this post, it seems that one of the mobs get caught in the pile of rubble at the first tower. Before my party got to each tower, I ran ahead and aggro’d all of the mobs as to keep them away from the tower. That way, when the towers are destroyed, there are no mobs in the rubble!

ANet: Please make it so that destroying these towers also kills the mobs in them! I think that would be the realistic way to handle this event.

Posted by: solaris.1348

solaris.1348

The personal story mission Tower Down is still broken. The final objective gets marked complete but the mission does not end. There is no way to complete the mission in its current state.

Posted by: Malix.3126

Malix.3126

Yes I’m still having this issue as well. The Pack Marmox stays at the top of the hill, and I’ve cleared all the undead twice now.

Posted by: Hakuna Matata.4930

Hakuna Matata.4930

I also have the same issue running the story twice, on the Aurora Glade server

Posted by: Grookshank.8473

Grookshank.8473

Same issue here. Objective completes still the quest does not advance (I think a cutscene does not trigger).

Posted by: Darren.6518

Darren.6518

Yep, same issue here.

Tried the quest twice now. Level 75 Sylvari ranger solo w/pet. Completed all three towers, “clear the beach of undead” is ticked off as completed. Can’t seem to find any mobs hidden under rubble. Very frustrating!

Posted by: Yellow Head.8419

Yellow Head.8419

I’m in the same boat as you guys, Pack Marmox just sits at the top of the hill…

Posted by: Yellow Head.8419

Yellow Head.8419

OK, I’m finally able to advance.

I just restarted the quest and got to the bit where the Pack Marmox just sits at the top of the hill.
What I did was drag an enemy towards the Pack Marmox to make it run down to attack, it ran back up after so not sure if that was what solved my problem, I also tried to make sure noone died, either way a cut-scene triggers after you clear the beach.

Not sure if that helps but it worked for me!

Posted by: fluffynl.5094

fluffynl.5094

clear the beach of undead is checked.
quest doesnt go any further.
are all the story line q’s bugged? and sokittenlong…

o well.
norn warrior solo. hope it gets fixxed

Posted by: Pope Paladini Pelvicson.6458

Pope Paladini Pelvicson.6458

Not working for me on Crystal Desert

Posted by: Garrick Jannene.6492

Garrick Jannene.6492

This happened to me today as well. Anybody else that’s having this, did you revive the Wyld Hunt group? I did, and they didn’t help at all with the fight then.

Posted by: Valkaneer.7834

Valkaneer.7834

What I did for this was I pulled every mobs I could before the last boss. I made sure the boss was the last mob standing and when he died It completed. I read a post where a guy was saying if you leave them plauge carriers for last they explode it will Bug it out. So I made sure all the mobs died first before the boss, even the ones standing behind him by the beach, and it worked.

Posted by: Imperial.1580

Imperial.1580

Still bugged, same issue…

Posted by: Pea Tar.9041

Pea Tar.9041

I followed Stardriver.7459 ’s suggestion on my second run of this story and completed without any difficultly.

First talk to Demolitionist Tonn to get the group of NPCs moving, instead of following them east through the cave, go north (to the 3rd tower) and Tonn will tag along. The mobs along the way can be pulled one by one very easily as you work your way up. Just before reaching the tower, revive a dead Wyld Hunt Technician, who then goes to revive more of his friends. Clear the tower of its surrounding risen. I then moved south along the shore to clear out the second tower, then carefully around the first tower.

This method is a little easier I think and safer than running ahead to aggro the risen away from the tower as others have suggested. There’s less chance of any risn getting stuck because you’re clearing the last and second tower that Tonn won’t blow up yet.

Continue as normal after blowing up the first tower, moving back to the second tower, then following the Pack Marmox back through the cave. Unlike the others in the NPC group, the Marmox will stop just before the Wyld Hunt’s tent, which is normal. 3 more risen will pop out near the 3rd tower. They are at a safe distance away from it – but kill the one closest to it first anyway was my thinking.

You’ll know all is fine afterwards when the objective is to talk to Tonn again to make a story decision.

Posted by: Thanatael.5614

Thanatael.5614

Finished bombing all three towers. Beach cleared but nothing is happening……

Attachments:

Posted by: daemonrus.4703

daemonrus.4703

Hi everyone, thanks for the reports! We’ve been looking at this from the back-end, and we could use some help from you to identify where it would be breaking. If you could provide some additional details, it would help us track down the problem:

• Your previous story choices (i.e. race, profession, etc.)
  • Whether you’re doing the story solo or in a group
  • What you’re doing in this story step prior to the point where it stops working

Screenshots, etc. are always helpful as well. Thanks again for helping us track this down!

Human, female, elem, raised by nobility, missed out on circus opportunity, charm, lyssa, fire. Joined the priory.

Did the quest solo.

Followed all the directions, blew up all the towers – got the green checkmark, cleared the beach – got the checkmark. Nothing is happening from now on. The bull is staying at the top (with a few wyld hunt members I think, which I ressed). Tonn is staying at the beach and doesn’t initiate any dialog with me. The vigil group is still following me anywhere I go.

On some other forums I’ve read a theory, that perhabs it is caused by one or some of the enemies exploding (or suiciding) next to you rather than you actually killing them, which causes the game to think you still haven’t killed all the mobs (although there is a checkmark next to clearing the beach), which in turn stops the cinematic from going off.

Hope this helps.

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Having same issue can’t complete mission. Managed to blow up all the towers, cleared the beach of the undead and double checked everything in the instance was dead.

It never completed. Bugged.

Really annoying and don’t feel like doing it all over again.

Asura Guardian, Vigil.

Posted by: Lindetiel.4602

Lindetiel.4602

I have the same issue as most of the people here:

After blowing up all 3 towers (and clearing out mobs everywhere) I do the point “clear the beach” it’s ticked as done and the quest log never updates (nor any cinematic appears). I tried pulling out all the mobs from the towers, etc. and it doesn’t change anything. Also the bull stays on top of the Sylvari tent with 3 npcs of Wyld Hunt

Human Elementalist, Durmand Priory (lvl 65 atm)

Posted by: Exses.6925

Exses.6925

I have tried doing this quest twice, both times resulting in me unable to complete it. It shows that I have done what is needed but nothing happens. I also sent a bug report a few days ago but since it happened again I figured I would also put it here.

Attachments:

Posted by: Reydien.9471

Reydien.9471

Just want to add an anecdote confirming Valkaneer’s advice. The first time I tried to do this quest I got stuck after clearing the beach as everyone else did. The second time I specifically left the veteran preserver up last, and the cutscene played right after it died.

Posted by: CtrlAltDel.5309

CtrlAltDel.5309

I followed Stardriver.7459 ’s suggestion on my second run of this story and completed without any difficultly.

First talk to Demolitionist Tonn to get the group of NPCs moving, instead of following them east through the cave, go north (to the 3rd tower) and Tonn will tag along. The mobs along the way can be pulled one by one very easily as you work your way up. Just before reaching the tower, revive a dead Wyld Hunt Technician, who then goes to revive more of his friends. Clear the tower of its surrounding risen. I then moved south along the shore to clear out the second tower, then carefully around the first tower.

This method is a little easier I think and safer than running ahead to aggro the risen away from the tower as others have suggested. There’s less chance of any risn getting stuck because you’re clearing the last and second tower that Tonn won’t blow up yet.

Continue as normal after blowing up the first tower, moving back to the second tower, then following the Pack Marmox back through the cave. Unlike the others in the NPC group, the Marmox will stop just before the Wyld Hunt’s tent, which is normal. 3 more risen will pop out near the 3rd tower. They are at a safe distance away from it – but kill the one closest to it first anyway was my thinking.

You’ll know all is fine afterwards when the objective is to talk to Tonn again to make a story decision.

This looks like it works. It seems the cinematic is triggered from the 3 undead spawning after the tower blows up and killing them last. But most of the time when you get to the third tower there are a bunch of undead still up when Tonn decides to blow up the tower, he blow them up any time you get close. so you will sometimes kill those 3 undead before all the undead are…dead. So the last one you kill will just be some random undead guy and will not trigger the cinema.

Posted by: spruiker.5923

spruiker.5923

I have this same issue Exses..

Posted by: Simocrates.6958

Simocrates.6958

Currently chilling on the beach with the exact same issue. Mate of mine stopped playing the game because he can’t progress his game any further so he figured what’s the point?

Posted by: Maeryne.1740

Maeryne.1740

Made sure the veteran was the last to die without doing anything else special and the cinematic appeared. It was suggested on another post I found and seemed to work.

Posted by: Maeryne.1740

Maeryne.1740

Leaving the veteran until last worked for me as well.

Posted by: daemonrus.4703

daemonrus.4703

This looks like it works. It seems the cinematic is triggered from the 3 undead spawning after the tower blows up and killing them last. But most of the time when you get to the third tower there are a bunch of undead still up when Tonn decides to blow up the tower, he blow them up any time you get close. so you will sometimes kill those 3 undead before all the undead are…dead. So the last one you kill will just be some random undead guy and will not trigger the cinema.

Gave it a second try last night and I did it. I think you might be spot on with the last 3 unded triggering the cinematic. I did it normaly, without backtracking from third tower to the second to the first…. just followed the quest’s directions. On the last tower though I somehow managed to pull the mobs without Tonn blowing up the tower. The three that spawned after that were the only ones left.

Made sure the veteran was the last to die without doing anything else special and the cinematic appeared. It was suggested on another post I found and seemed to work.

Don’t think it matters since the vet mob was one of the first to die in my run. I killed him without triggering Tonn to blow up the third tower though.

Posted by: Kesarai.5084

Kesarai.5084

I did it normally a bit ago and doing it that way was bugged for me. Rather than risk Tonn blowing up the 3rd tower before I was ready, I went to the 3rd tower, cleared it and worked my way back to the first then continued from there and was able to complete it without a problem.

Thanks for figuring out this work around until Anet can get it fixed

Posted by: Lindetiel.4602

Lindetiel.4602

Okay so I have a little update. I tried the quest again and this time it worked. I applied to things: first I ran like crazy to each tower and just pulled all the mobs from the inside and around each tower, second – after blowing up third tower in the “clear the beach” part I made sure that Veteran was the last to go as Maeryne suggested. It worked (finished it around 10 minutes ago).

So good luck and maybe combining these two things will help you ^^

Sometimes it is (as I heard) a matter of the server as well. I did mine quest on Aurora Glade.

Posted by: Arlan.4907

Arlan.4907

So the patch last night fixed the personal story quest prior to this one. I was able to finish it only to get to this story quest and get stuck again.

Please fix these quests ANet.

Posted by: dizzette.2598

dizzette.2598

I tried Kesarai.5084’s method of starting at the third tower and working backwards, and was finally able to complete this quest. Prior to that, I’d tried twice only to have the final cutscene fail to kick in after completing the “Clear the Beach” objective.

I’m not sure whether it was ensuring that the spawned mobs were the last to die, or if the fact that I finally managed to kill the Risen Thrall that spawns inside the first tower (and usually gets trapped in the rubble, often hard to see his name unless you’re beach side and catch a glimpse) therefore ACTUALLY clearing the beach.

Posted by: Agent Noun.7350

Agent Noun.7350

So the patch last night fixed the personal story quest prior to this one. I was able to finish it only to get to this story quest and get stuck again.

Please fix these quests ANet.

I’m having this same problem.

If these quests didn’t take a half hour of slogging through nothing but Risen it’d be one thing, but they’re just so boring and annoying that I can’t bring myself to just keep trying and hoping it won’t bug this time.

Posted by: Healy Unit.1023

Healy Unit.1023

Same here. Asuran Necro, chose “let an innocent die” as per quest reqs. Is there a reason why every storyline quest after like lvl 50 in the game is NOT completable? At this point, I’m frankly ready to uninstall the game. This is getting absurd that I have to wait 2 weeks to be able to progress ONE quest in this game. The fact that people are needing to find glitches to get the quests to work is ridiculous.

Posted by: Facha.5438

Facha.5438

WORKED PERFECTLY THIS WAY FOR ME!!!!