Transform skills - health bug 3/12/12.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

There is a serious bug with the elemental “ride the lightning” skill (and it seems any transform skills).
—-
When used they wipe out all traits you have and all trait points spent, this means if you have 30 points in water (if an elemental) then using a transform skill (RTL, Mist form etc) it will take away 3000 health from you (same thing for any other traits aswell). Because of this you can possibly kill yourself when you are at low health and use a transform skill, also it gives enemys an easier chance to kill you because you instantly loose up to 3000 health and any other traits.

I’ve posted this here as i assume this must be a bug and this is the game bugs section.
—-
Edit.
This seems to be even worse as it seems to be any and all transform skills, as such i’ve edit the title and thread – it was originally just about RTL.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

Posted by: Master Age.7391

Master Age.7391

This is also affecting any skill that removes your basic skill bar.

RtL, Mist Form and Downed 2 (though not as bad in this case) on Ele
Engi’s Elixir S.

It’s possible to down yourself if you health is low enough that, when the traited health goes away, your health goes below zero.

MajorMelchett.6042

@ Master Age, yeah just testing this and you are right it affects any transform skill.

This means on my D/D elemental i have 2 skills that can kill me if i use them (RTL/Mist Form).

This needs to be hotfixed ASAP, now way should any skill take up to 3000 health off someone (and 300 toughness if traited) and actully have a chance to kill the user.

Master Age.7391

I can’t tell if Tornado/Whirlpool are affected due to their inherent stat buffs.

Posted by: Saorne.3127

Saorne.3127

If its affecting all skills that remove your basic skillbar, do weapon conjures, environmental weapons or even the treb do this too? What about necro death shroud? I can’t test this right now.

Master Age.7391

Conjures work as intended with traits. This just seems to be related to the transform skills.

MajorMelchett.6042

Yeah it seems to be transforms only from what i can tell.

It’s made mist form (for example) even worse to take as in PvE and WvW it already wiped out the 20% cantrap cooldown reduction (the 20% reduction currently only works in sPvP). With this isuse it now wipes out up to (i’ll list defensives only) 3000 health, 300 toughness, any traited regens (up to 300 healing on top of this) and 20% cantrap cooldown reduction.

Basically some skills are now death traps at lowish health (3000 or less) in a lot of situations with this issue.

Master Age.7391

Now, granted, if you survive popping Mist Form you’ll generally be fine.

Generally.

Posted by: Trei.5203

Trei.5203

Have anyone tried to see whether one would indeed die from this yet?

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

lol
IS THIS INTENTED?

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Ok i can confirm that it happens when you get moa formed by mesmer.
This is a huge bug that needs hotfixing asap..

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Anet only responds to posts about missing diving goggles.

This LOL!!!

Master Age.7391

Moa Bird now best non-Boss Mesmer elite until bug is patched. Losing all defensive traits is too good.

XD

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Thank you all for the reports. Our developers are aware of this issue and investigating.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

Can we get a response on the illusion bug for mesmers?

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

Posted by: boroguy.5690

boroguy.5690

Pretty please?

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Pretty please?

In 4 months I’ve only once seen a member of staff post in a thread about mesmers (That is, mesmer issues. They frequently comment on nerfing mesmers, particularly portal in WvW), I’d recommend against you holding your breath

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Shadow.1059

Shadow.1059

I wonder how many months this will take to fix?

Posted by: RenRen.5706

RenRen.5706

After several more game breaking patches and new monthly content (which will either be broken or unplayable) that we so desperately need.

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I`ve only 15khp & you steal 3khp from me?
Whyyyyyyyyy?

Having same problem, explains why I died randomly earlier with zero DoTs on me

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Thank you all for the reports. Our developers are aware of this issue and investigating.

Investigating? So does that mean another two weeks until it is fixed…

…that means…for two whole weeks…we can…

UNLEASH THE MOA!

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Master Age.7391

Investigating? So does that mean another two weeks until it is fixed…

…that means…for two whole weeks…we can…

UNLEASH THE MOA!

Hi, welcome to McMesmers, how would you like your opponent grilled today?

“Lean Moa, extra crispy! I heard you now use all traitless game now.”

Posted by: Saorne.3127

Saorne.3127

I fully expect to see teams of 8 mesmers with moa when I log in later today.

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

We’re working on it. It was an intended change to certain types of transforms (for things like activities, etc) so you can’t have any active traits while the transform is active. There was a bug where trait line buffs (stat boosts) were still active, while minor and major traits were disabled.

A few transforms like Moa, and Ride The Lightning were unintentionally and negatively affected by this change.

We’ll have this fixed soon.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

We’re working on it. It was an intended change to certain types of transforms (for things like activities, etc) so you can’t have any active traits while the transform is active. There was a bug where trait line buffs (stat boosts) were still active, while minor and major traits were disabled.

A few transforms like Moa, and Ride The Lightning were unintentionally and negatively affected by this change.

For transformed activities? Oh no. Please don’t nerf me while I’m fighting the Xolotl event chain in Caledon Forest. I love that chain and it’s hard enough already when I’m downleveled. Don’t steal all my HP so the jellyfish boss ROFLstomps (ROFLstings?) me. Please make sure that any changes you make don’t apply in to that event chain.

And why do you want to remove traits for activities anyway? My elementalist has such low health already, I can’t see why you want to make that situation even worse. Please be careful with this approach to activities. They should be fun, not stupidly deadly.

Posted by: Azunai.1065

Azunai.1065

not fixed for ride the lightning……
but all siege weapons i placed in WvW despawned during the patch

thanks team, thanks

Namefather of the Asuran Elementalists from [Bots]
My first Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPF9SmvW4jE

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

This is just dandy. I started an elementalist a few days ago and this morning I noticed that I died immediately after using the Mist form to back off from an event battle with a Champion. I hope it gets fixed as I really would like to play my elementalist, but if it doesn’t work, poof – I guess I won’t play one.

Really sad that these types of problems are occurring just when I start an alt to play. Bummer.

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

For transformed activities? Oh no. Please don’t nerf me while I’m fighting the Xolotl event chain in Caledon Forest. I love that chain and it’s hard enough already when I’m downleveled. Don’t steal all my HP so the jellyfish boss ROFLstomps (ROFLstings?) me. Please make sure that any changes you make don’t apply in to that event chain.

And why do you want to remove traits for activities anyway? My elementalist has such low health already, I can’t see why you want to make that situation even worse. Please be careful with this approach to activities. They should be fun, not stupidly deadly.

i think they’re referring to these types of activities:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Activity

the vast majority of which aren’t even implemented in the game yet, even though they’ve announced we’d have about 11 activities on launch, years ago.

(edited by Nemui.6753)

Posted by: konosh.4721

konosh.4721

lynspottery.6529

Oho…this is really bad. I am so disappointed because I was starting to like my elementalist.

Anet, please fix this quickly.

MajorMelchett.6042

So was this fixed in the update 4 hour ago?, it mentions the crash aspect of the issue some reported but states nothing on the trait loss.

I can’t test it right now.

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

Well, it made mesmers more powerful, so it’s probably already fixed.

Or more likely, they hotfixed it on the Moa morph skills only.

Posted by: Azunai.1065

Azunai.1065

still crap bugged
and in addition a silent nerf for shock aura down to 4 sec from 5 sec now

Namefather of the Asuran Elementalists from [Bots]
My first Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPF9SmvW4jE

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Still bugged, thought they patched this?

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Posted by: Fendelphi.7951

Fendelphi.7951

Is this similar to why the bleed and poison(and other conditions) lose damage when you are downed?
’cause it is already hard enough to deal adequate damage(capped at 25 stacks), but if you also lose out on ~10% of the damage of all your current conditions everytime you get downed, it is just another case of Power > Condition.

MajorMelchett.6042

Still bugged, thought they patched this?

Nope that just fixed a crash issue and the jumping.

Whats worrying though is a post in the elemental section regarding a similar issue (mist form not working with 20% cooldown reduction) is that it was stated a new build won’t be put out until the 14th at the latest, yet in another post it read as though a fix for this would go out today.

So i wonder, is a fix coming today or do we have to wait until the 14th at the latest?.

lynspottery.6529

Nope, elementalist is still not fixed. I ran my ele today and when I attempted to use Mist, I died almost immediately.

I never got a chance to rally…so it appears if you use Mist when you go down, it kills you instead of helping you rally. However, I can attest to the fact that whatever patch they put out, fixed the jumping problem.

I just hope they don’t wait until the 14th to fix it. I really want to play my ele, but not if I die every time I attempt to use a talent that’s supposed to help me rally.

(edited by lynspottery.6529)

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

We’ll have this fixed in an upcoming build in the next day or so. We’ve reverted the change back to not remove Trait line stat boosts. Traits themselves will still remain inactive with these types of transformations (as they always have), but that will be completely fixed in the Wintersday build so we can do proper balance testing on that change.

-Bill, Bringer of answers

lynspottery.6529

We’ll have this fixed in an upcoming build in the next day or so. We’ve reverted the change back to not remove Trait line stat boosts. Traits themselves will still remain inactive with these types of transformations (as they always have), but that will be completely fixed in the Wintersday build so we can do proper balance testing on that change.

-Bill, Bringer of answers

Thanks for this information Bill, but on another note mentioned in my post; the jumping I mentioned that seemed fixed, apparently did not get fixed completely.

I posted my experience in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Unresponsive-Jumping-Dec-3rd-Patch/page/4#post926069

lynspottery.6529

I logged into my Ele yesterday evening and played for a bit, but only died once. I cannot remember if I even had an opportunity to rally…was very glitchy. High amount of lag so was difficult to tell.

lynspottery.6529

Ok, went back in today to play my elementalist to see if that Mist form worked. Seems they did something to it because this time I lasted 2 seconds before the Mist form killed me.

So it needs some more work and better fix.