Transmuting Legendary = Exotic [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Noerknhar.3826

Noerknhar.3826

Any updates?
Will transmuted legendaries automatically upgrade to ascended stats?

Enuerus Derune – Necromancer, Sylvari
[NO] ~ Ponys Will Never Die

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

still curious about this myself before i transmute…

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

still waiting, its seem that we wont have any update until the last day of the legendary update items…

Posted by: AlexDelux.4053

AlexDelux.4053

Come on ANet you can’t keep ignoring this thread, we want some answers!

Posted by: TFG.3149

TFG.3149

Still waiting for news regarding this.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

There have been a number of issues with transmuted legendaries, so in the interest of making sure everyone is on the same page, here are the recent and current issues I’m aware of:

• —Fixed— The color of a transmuted legendary appears as exotic when linked in chat.
  • —Fixed— Transmuted legendaries display their sigil suffix in chat.
  • —Active— Legendary weapon precursors cannot be used to create their legendary weapon if they’ve been transmuted
  • —Active— Transmuting a legendary prior to equipping it will not award the legendary achievement

The last two items are issues that we’re working on, but I don’t have an ETA on when we’ll have a fix. If there are other issues with transmuted legendaries that I missed, please update this thread.

Thank you!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: PainShot.7154

PainShot.7154

Ty so much to say something oficial about this Jason King. But you dont say if twilight and sunrise will give the achievement and character select token in future (its a bug) or its working as intended.
I rlly want to know if i use twilight i will get/dont-get the token and achievement reward
I have no interest in make Eternity just fot that, it not worth the effort.
Ty for answer.

(edited by PainShot.7154)

Posted by: Joseph.1635

Joseph.1635

There have been a number of issues with transmuted legendaries, so in the interest of making sure everyone is on the same page, here are the recent and current issues I’m aware of:

• —Fixed— The color of a transmuted legendary appears as exotic when linked in chat.
  • —Active— Legendary weapon precursors cannot be used to create their legendary weapon if they’ve been transmuted
  • —Active— Transmuting a legendary prior to equipping it will not award the legendary achievement

The last two items are issues that we’re working on, but I don’t have an ETA on when we’ll have a fix. If there are other issues with transmuted legendaries that I missed, please update this thread.

Thank you!

Transmuting a sunrise/twilight then being unable to make eternity

“It doesn’t matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning’s winning!”

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

The 2 posts above me are the issues most of us want answered. Although they aren’t bugs, this would make or break our decision to transmute a legendary.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Paric.9805

Paric.9805

Hi Jason thx for the replys you provided they prety much answer all but one thing i am interested in knowing before i trasmute. And that is what happens with transmuted legendaries once ascended weapons are brouhgt into the game, will they autoupdate into ascended(like it was said legendaries will), or can transmuting them now cause problems later on. And i am pretty sure a lot of other people are wondering about same thing.

(edited by Paric.9805)

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

I ll just say something about transmutting an item that I found out. And it affect every legendary weapons that have been transmuted to nowadays.
Actually, when you transmute two items in one to have the skin of the first one and the stats of another you can easily find out that:
1- It ll grant the highest rarity color (for legend weapon you ll keep the skin)
2- You’ll get the stats combinaison of the lower rarity item applied to the legend skin

We can find out why there ll be an issue coming in the near future with upgrading transmuted legendary weapons when stats will be upgrade to par with ascended’. If you talk to a npc seller/buyer, you’ll notice that your new legendary weapon with the cute stats you wanted on it appear at seller as the lowest rarity item ICON you used to make it with the name of the legend weapon. It means overal not only it lost it’s legendary status for ever but also that it’s only an exotic/rare item carrying the name of the legend weapon and showing its skin while playing but the coding is no more considering you are owning it but only the lower rarity weapon that you choosed to use to get the stats you really wanted.
I can’t explain better than this, overal it means you virtually has a skin but all coding is no more that weapon so no upgrade in the near future will be able to be apply on that ghost item.
Transmutting legendary means you keep the skin and the name but the stat you choosed is coded and linked to that other item you used for the stats addition. We can consider it Virtually like a Legendary weapon as it remains only being a ghosty skin and a purple name only: all the coding is about that low level item you used
Conclusion: NEVER TRANSMUTE LEGENDARY WEAPON.

(edited by Titan.3472)

Posted by: Demeron.5423

Demeron.5423

I Thought this issue was fixed? no Account medal for Twilight Still?

Demeron.5423

is this a Bug or what?

Demeron.5423

well still no answer whats deal with this?

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Its a bug, it will be fixed eventually.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

The same issue with the Sunrise, I think. Will be fixed hopefully sometime in this year
(I really hope it will! I am doing my Sunrise shiny sword not only to wield it, but to unlock that medal, too!)

Demeron.5423

clearly it is not on the top of things to do for them.. or it woulda been fixed while ago i found threads ppl had this problem for long time now

Posted by: David Bloch.5672

David Bloch.5672

there have been people stating things left and right, I’m wondering if there is a solid answer to this question. I’m a necromancer trying for meteorlogicus/frostfang but the soldier stat allocation for my build is less then to be desired.. if I’m putting countless hours and in-game currency I think I should at-least be able to choose the stats I want for a legendary.. also if and when ascended weapons are implemented will my “trasmuted legendary” be scaled accordingly?

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Reaper.5698

Reaper.5698

OMG i just transmuted my tooth of frostfang to berserker stats =(. So basically I cant uses this towards the legendary until they patch it?

Posted by: Predator.1398

Predator.1398

OMG i just transmuted my tooth of frostfang to berserker stats =(. So basically I cant uses this towards the legendary until they patch it?

Yes.

Posted by: viperziv.6034

viperziv.6034

Hi , i got twilight today and i didnt get the legendary’s medal =O
how come ? i worked , like many other , really hard to get it
it is legendary wep after all ><

Predator.1398

Hi , i got twilight today and i didnt get the legendary’s medal =O
how come ? i worked , like many other , really hard to get it
it is legendary wep after all ><

This is 6 months old bug. Twilight and Sunrise doesn’t give you the medal.
ANet knows about it and will fix it someday. It’s low priority issue.

Posted by: Nefandi.3051

Nefandi.3051

I did not trasmute my twilight, I equipped and then only afterwards put a sigil of fire instead of the original, nevertheless I never got my achievement, so I would like to know when Anet is going to fix that.

Nefandi Farseer [CTRL]
DESOLATION

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

I’ve updated this list:

There have been a number of issues with legendaries, so in the interest of making sure everyone is on the same page, here are the recent and current issues I’m aware of:

• —FIXED— Transmuting a legendary prior to equipping it will not award the legendary achievement
  • —Active— Precursors Twilight and Sunrise do not provide the Legendary Treasures account medal.

We are continuing to work on these. Thank you for your patience!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: PainShot.7154

PainShot.7154

twiligt and sunrise dont count to “Legendary Collector” achievement.
Just say in case you dont know.
Ty for the atention to this “rich guys” problem

Posted by: niwaar.5631

niwaar.5631

• —Active— Precursors Twilight and Sunrise do not provide the Legendary Treasures account medal.

The patience for this last one is just about run out for some of my friends. Why has it taken 7 months to fix this.

My guild has a large population that have Twilight or Sunrise and everyone of them is at some level disheartened, perturbed, or flat out kitten off that this hasn’t been fixed yet. We all realize that this is a “first world problem” but for a game to not give a promised reward for something that took a lot of effort/work is unconscionable. To not actively try and repair a simple issue like the achievement/character screen icon is just plain bad.

Please let the developers know that its just as much these little things that continue to be overlooked each month as much as it is the need for new content that will cause players to lose interest over time.

Predator.1398

• —FIXED— Transmuting a legendary prior to equipping it will not award the legendary achievement

Does it mean that transmutated legendary is now real legendary not just an exotic with specific label and name?
Why have you called Twilight and Sunrise “precursors”? Thay aren’t precursors. They are legendaries.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Technically, they’re also precursors for eternity though.

I’ve updated this list:

There have been a number of issues with legendaries, so in the interest of making sure everyone is on the same page, here are the recent and current issues I’m aware of:

Can we please get an answer if the stats of a transmuted legendary will be adjusted to the respective ascended stats when ascended weapons are added to the game?

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

I’ve updated this list:

Twilight/Sunrise made before the fix still don’t count for legendary collector achievement too.

Does it mean that transmutated legendary is now real legendary not just an exotic with specific label and name?
Why have you called Twilight and Sunrise “precursors”? Thay aren’t precursors. They are legendaries.

They are technically both precursors for Eternity even if they are of Legendary grade

(edited by Izaya.2906)

Demeron.5423

I’ve updated this list:

my Twilight really should have been an account medal by now… this has been a issuse for a long time still no fix..

Posted by: KevinEvo.7061

KevinEvo.7061

I got a Moot last week which I transmuted before I equipped it. I do not have credit for it under the Legendary Collector achievement, nor do I have the account medal for having a legendary.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

Can we please get an answer if the stats of a transmuted legendary will be adjusted to the respective ascended stats when ascended weapons are added to the game?

I’m actually really curious about this as well. I transmuted The Bifrost to have more healing friendly stats. Ultimately it doesn’t bother me TOO much if the weapon won’t be upgraded to ascended weapon stats if and when those get added to the game. I could always obtain one of those weapons and transmute The Bifrost again. However, it would be nice if the stats would also be updated when ascended weapons get added since the weapon is still technically a legendary weapon.

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Thank you!

I just made Bolt yesterday. There is a bug with it. The aura comes and goes while in combat and outside of combat when the weapon is unsheathed. Electricity will only appear on the sword and my character has the footsteps, but that’s it. The electircal aura around my character completely goes away. I don’t know what causes it. It appears to be random and happens about 50% of the time and then the aura comes back on its own. A fix for this would be great. Sucks to work so hard on making it and the electrical aura isn’t there half of the time.

I play a sylvari mesmer if this helps. I keep Bolt in my main hand and i use a sword in the off hand. In my other wep set, the main hand is empty and I keep a pistol in the offhand.

Posted by: alliedturtlez.5316

alliedturtlez.5316

well, i just wanna say, be careful if you intend on wanting to transmute to different stats, and make sure your wide awake when u do so………………..today is a dark dark day in my chapter…………i accidentally transmuted the wrong skin……..so there it is, go ahead and troll on me if you wish, doesn’t change the fact that i am an idiot -______-. Wondering if ANET on here can help in anyway, if not i will continue to beat my face with my keyboard for the rest of my life. – FML

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

If I transmute a legendary weapon to an exotic that has the stats that I want. Does it retain the Legendary status?

Or is it now an ‘exotic’ weapon with a legendary skin/effects? Can anyone answer this please??

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Mohmohchan.4120

Mohmohchan.4120

so if you transmute twilight, can it still be used for eternity recipe?

Predator.1398

so if you transmute twilight, can it still be used for eternity recipe?

No. There was a post few days ago from a guy who did that.
For now you can’t use transmutated Twilight/Sunrise to craft Eternity.

Posted by: Eben Stormrage.7831

Eben Stormrage.7831

Just for Information When did arah path 4 Dwayna boss gona be fixed ?

Posted by: Roland Of Ka Tet.6432

Roland Of Ka Tet.6432

Still looking for an official answer – if we transmog our legendary, will the stats be upgraded when ascended weapons are released?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t get what the issue is. You transmuted it because you didn’t like the stats. If they upgraded the stats of legendaries to match those of ascended weapons then the original stats will increase. I completely disagree that whatever stats you transmuted to it should be upgraded.

If they do this for everyone that has a “legendary” then all those that gets theirs after the fact will be stuck with the basic stats or forced to get an ascended weapon with the stats they want and transmute it. If someone wants legendary stats other that PVT then they should transmute the stats from ascended weapons.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Sammy.2473

Sammy.2473

Still looking for an official answer – if we transmog our legendary, will the stats be upgraded when ascended weapons are released?

Ive been waiting for official ANET side answer too for this. alot of us transmuted thinking that any weapon with legendary name will get stats boost and not just the PVT ones and should be given a chance to get back to the original stats if only PVT stats will be upgraded when ascended weapons come out

Roland Of Ka Tet.6432

I don’t get what the issue is. You transmuted it because you didn’t like the stats. If they upgraded the stats of legendaries to match those of ascended weapons then the original stats will increase. I completely disagree that whatever stats you transmuted to it should be upgraded.

If they do this for everyone that has a “legendary” then all those that gets theirs after the fact will be stuck with the basic stats or forced to get an ascended weapon with the stats they want and transmute it. If someone wants legendary stats other that PVT then they should transmute the stats from ascended weapons.

The point is, it will likely take time to acquire an ascended berserker greatsword to transmute with our Twilights , in the meantime, it would be nice to know whether or not our Twilights will be upgraded to ascended soldier stats.

Posted by: Onin.1742

Onin.1742

I sent a support request from them and they just pointed me out on the wiki site and player forums. My point is we need an official response from ANet so we are not navigating the gray and not just speculations from other players too.

“While we would love to discuss each question that comes our way, for your convenience we instead offer some web-based resources to help you find the answers you seek.”

After playing my Guardian from release I really wanted my legendary on my Mesmer which is another character so I wanted to do the Transmute to “white” items trick to do so.

Still the question remains if the transmuted Legendary will be upgraded to Ascended stats or whatever is the highest when the time comes. I also would like to know if doing the transmute trick if the Legendary weapon will retain all special effects.

Posted by: Shivar.2478

Shivar.2478

I transmuted my Sunrise, from ’’soldier’’ stats to ’’berserker’’ stats. several people told me ‘’i can’t make Eternity, when i got Twilight, because mystic forge can’t ’’see’’ my Sunrise, because is transmuted’’.
It’s true? Anet, help me, answer me! Please, is very important to me.

Attachments:

[EU] Underworld, Evaner – Warrior, Ascended PPF, Berserker Setup, Eternity+Frostfang/The Moot
Tequatl Slayer Alliance [TKS] – Member, Wisdom Honor and Truth [WHAT] – Veteran
Dungeons 3000+, Fractal 45lvl, Tequatl 200+, Wurm 60+

Posted by: rotsono.9176

rotsono.9176

I got a Question about it..Is it possible to transmute a legendary to any weapon so i can transfer it to another character?I heard you can transmute it to a white weapon then it becomes accountbound and you can transfer it to another char but the legendary colour is gone then?! x.X

Posted by: Draymos.5489

Draymos.5489

Arenanet Should we hold off transmuting legendaries for possible issues with them upgrating to ascended stats when it comes out?

I just want to ask if we transmute to pow, prec, crit on Kudzu from the pow, toughness, vit will it not upgrade to ascended stats when weapons upgrade?

I hold off until we know for sure on legendaries having the ability to always be on par with highest weapons even if you transmute; will transmuted stats upgrade?

Thanks Arenanet for keeping up on this forum.

Posted by: AlexDelux.4053

AlexDelux.4053

After the last patch, I got the account medal for my Twilight, even if nothing is said about it in the patch notes.
So I’d like to know if some other changes were made to legendary weapons, like being able to transmute them without losing the legendary status, it wuold be nice, I’m getting tired of this bug!

Roland Of Ka Tet.6432

Transmuted Twilight to zerker. Got account medal and its still legendary purple. Still would like to hear more than crickets from anet about what is going to happen to it when ascended weapons come out.

Posted by: Shivar.2478

Shivar.2478

If transmute sunrise / twilight on berserker statistics. It will have a purple name, you will have a legendary icon in the menu, but you don’t make Eternity(when you have Twilight and Sunrise) in mystic forge. I’m sure that now is, because when I put the sunrise to Mystic Forge, he wants it to be combined with exotic weapons (ie Sunrise is exotic, but it has a purple name). But when I put exotic gun(or other exotic weapon), she wants to connect with other exotic weapons, or Sunrise, which changed the statistics berserker.
Arena net, you fix it? We hope for an answer, do not ignore us! I spent a lot of time to have a Sunrise, and strive to have Eternity. Everything points to the fact that now I do not Eternity.

[EU] Underworld, Evaner – Warrior, Ascended PPF, Berserker Setup, Eternity+Frostfang/The Moot
Tequatl Slayer Alliance [TKS] – Member, Wisdom Honor and Truth [WHAT] – Veteran
Dungeons 3000+, Fractal 45lvl, Tequatl 200+, Wurm 60+

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

I’d like an update on the current situation. Do legendaries still lose stats value when transmuting?