Tricks or Treats Collection

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

The Halloween Collection, Tricks or Treats, at least for me, is currently locked. My progression stopped at 10/19.

I just want to confirm if the collection was only a temporary content, available only during the event, or if is some sort of bug.

Thanks in advance!

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by azyume.6321)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure what you mean by Collection, but the Achievements were only available during the Event. They may, or may not, return next Halloween.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Halloween_2014

Good luck.

Posted by: Presac.3860

Presac.3860

He probably refers to the Tricks and Treats Collection http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tricks_and_Treats

azyume.6321

Yes, I meant the Trick and Treats Collection, thank you. Pardon, was in hurry and didn’t searched for the appropriate name, used a general one.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ahh, silly me! I forgot about that, as I made sure to finish it because I wanted the Mini.

And you have tried adding to it since Halloween ended? I’m guessing it is Seasonal content, and may be back next year…though whether it will have reset, or not, I am unsure.

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

Wait are you saying we can no longer progress that achievement because its no longer Halloween, even if we started on it already?

That stinks.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

azyume.6321

I wasn’t exactly zealous over this, in the end, somehow, completely forgot about it before I could complete it. I have tried with different foods, the ones I am missing, and none worked so far.

By logic, since you unlocked the the tricks or treats collection during the Halloween event, you should as well be able to progress and complete it afterwards given all the necessary items are widely available for use and purchase.

I don’t really mind if it was a timed achievement, only want to make sure the way it is now, no progress, is working as intended and not a bug.

Guardian Commander

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Probably works just like Achievements. Once the content is over, they stop being viable.

It makes a certain amount of sense. Festivals and Holidays are supposed to be kind of special and time-sensitive. Makes them more….well, anticipated, perhaps. =)

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

Weird, hopefully it’s a bug or they probably should’ve made it clear it was a time-sensitive collection. I didn’t rush to finish mine either cause I figured I could do it at my own leisure once unlocked. This would also make the thousands of Old Pillowcases on the TP essentially useless if it’s not a bug.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

If Anet wants to have collections that only work while the Festival is running, it should be listed with the Festival Achievements not in the general Collection tabs. The fact that it was in the Collections tab made me not worry about completing it even though I had the items and a Cook to make the rest. I was busy doing the other Halloween stuff and thought I could finish it after the Festival.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I completed it last week.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There are seasonal achievements, but so far, there haven’t been any seasonal collections. It’s possible that this is the first, but it seems more likely that this is a bug.

@OP: I’d create a support ticket and link to this thread, just in case it’s something that they can fix on their side (doubtful though).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

What was the last thing you consumed though, Ayrilana?

I’m at 18/19 myself; the only thing still missing is the Omnomberry Ghost, which I’m holding off on since it’s a discoverable recipe and I’m waiting for r500 Chef before discovering any of those.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I’m at 18/19 myself; the only thing still missing is the Omnomberry Ghost, which I’m holding off on since it’s a discoverable recipe and I’m waiting for r500 Chef before discovering any of those.

You could just buy the Omnomberry ghost from TP and eat it for science.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I didn’t craft anything for this collection, I’m pretty sure I just bought an omnomberry ghost from the TP… I think anyway. No, really, I’m positive. I haven’t chef’ed since Mawdrey.

Edit: Yeah, just remembered, I also just sent one of each of those to my boyfriend via in-game mail. I’m sure that you don’t have to craft anything yourself, just consume.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I did some of the various candy corn snacks and then saved the omnomberry ghost for last until I had a use for it.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Also it’s good to remember that some of the consumable has similar names to ones that doesn’t count toward collection. I made a mistake consuming one and then I saw it didn’t count, it was when I realized I used the wrong item :P And yes, it’s even completable after event is over, as other has said the items are plenty available on TP or can be crafted.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I bought an Omnomberry Ghost from the TP and ate it (for science!) The collection completed normally, so I’m not sure why the OP’s collection is blocked. It’s possible that, as shadow suggests, he consumed a different food item that has a similar name to the ones required.

For the curious, the reason why I didn’t buy a Ghost straight up was because I’m a total scrooge and prefer not to spend money unless I absolutely have to. But I wanted to test whether the collection was indeed broken; it seems it’s working fine.