Unable to Login/Disconnected After Map Change

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Robolewa.1746

Robolewa.1746

Tried logging in on several of my characters, still got the same error code everyone else gets. I will also point out, the loading screen doesn’t seem to get “far enough” to display map completion %s on the bottom of the loading screen; it just hangs with the main image and eventually gives the error.

EDIT: pretty much right after posting it started working again, for whatever reason…

(edited by Robolewa.1746)

Posted by: Aapheus.5780

Aapheus.5780

Still stuck at map loading screen. Not even getting an error, just the spinny thing.

Edit: After several minutes, finally got the error message.

“Sharpen your blades and protect your vitals — I’m back!”

Posted by: Mahjjima.7450

Mahjjima.7450

Can’t login to any of my characters.

I get the below (verbatim):

Network error .

Please check your Internet connection and try again.
(Code=1083:5:7:1595:101)

Repaired the file with these instructions: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client

Game works!

Posted by: dillirgaf.4715

dillirgaf.4715

Unable to load into Auric Basin keeps saying i need to check my network connection

Posted by: sugaredempathy.5683

sugaredempathy.5683

I still can’t log in either.

Posted by: Andrew Bourgeois.4023

Andrew Bourgeois.4023

Network error .

Repaired the file with these instructions: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client

Game works!

This fixed the issue for me, thanks.

Posted by: BitterClinger.8490

BitterClinger.8490

For everyone still experiencing a connection issue:

• Try closing your game completely and then loading it back up and giving it another try.

A character load attempt > close game > load again seems to be what fixes the problem for others still experiencing the issue.

It seems that a client restart is needed after patching for it to function normally again.

I tried again this morning and had the same problem as last night, then I followed the advice above and quit the game completely.

I tried again and it worked. I’m back up and running normally now.

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

3 disconnects and hearts and minds is still bugged xD

Posted by: Eclipsiste.3251

Eclipsiste.3251

Repairing didn’t do anything for me.

And I must say my previous post was deleted.
Apparently Anet does not want people to say they want a working game since they’ve paid for it.
Saying how much the game have been buggy since HoT release must be taboo…
Saying I can’t play WvW, PVE or PvP is forbidden.
Saying I miss the nights I spent on the game without having to search for an “anti-dc” party, without having to worry about being able to come back to the same map and avoid missing the end of the big meta event I’ve been playing for 30mn is useless feedback.
Saying I miss a game that simply works is answered by a warning.
Anet say they accept negative feedback… But removing a post stating the obvious fact that they sold us a product that is not working shows how much the situation is embarrassing.
Like it or not, Anet, you are not delivering the product you advertised, despite the fact you had many months and beta feedback to avoid the disaster we’ve been experiencing these past few days.
I mean, I’ve been trying for 5 hours to do my daily in WvW… I have a 15 to 30 sec delay whenever I try to use a skill, and that is with the single character I’ve been able to bring in WvW… I have 13 others, unplayable since yesterday evening…
You may not like what I have to say Anet, but I trusted you and preordered the expansion.
I would have preferred to wait for a few more weeks, and have a working game.

[VdF] – Jade Sea

Posted by: gotarsenic.6159

gotarsenic.6159

I haven’t been able to log in to any of my characters since about 9:30PM CST yesterday. Error:
“Please check your internet connection and try again. (Code=1083:5:7:1595:101)”

Posted by: BackDraft.4291

BackDraft.4291

I have not been able to login either after the patch….

Posted by: Misters.7205

Misters.7205

Network error .

Game works!

Thanks you are my hero

Posted by: sasoriaka.6348

sasoriaka.6348

Can’t log on my toons as most people here. Network error thingy…

Posted by: cdnpathfinder.5681

cdnpathfinder.5681

As above, unable to login to game, or if I do happen to get into LA (or other map with different char) the game will freeze on load map screen. This started at around 8:oo pm MTD last night, error code 1083:5:7:1595:101

Posted by: Guuses.8740

Guuses.8740

We’ve completed the maintenance. There are a few smaller issues that the team will investigate tomorrow morning, however most players should be able to get in as of this moment. If this isn’t the case for you, please let us know.

It’s not the case for me, still having troubles logging in, just letting you know

Edit: Finally managed to get a character loaded, maybe something is just bugged with my ranger or Revenant or the area they are in?

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

We’ve completed the maintenance. There are a few smaller issues that the team will investigate tomorrow morning, however most players should be able to get in as of this moment. If this isn’t the case for you, please let us know.

I am still experiencing network error trying to login.

EDIT: After retrying a few times, it now works. I am finally able to enter my home instance.

Thank you! Whatever you guys did, it works!

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

Posted by: Ninjachiken.4159

Ninjachiken.4159

Since the maintenance, I am unable to log on to some of my characters (keep getting the check your network connection error message that has been mentioned above) but some of my other characters work fine. Interestingly enough if my memory serves correctly the characters I cannot log into are the ones that I was using a lot yesterday late off, ones that I didn’t log into late yesterday seem fine ( might be a coincidence, just looking for logical patterns…)

Posted by: Lohre.9031

Lohre.9031

Network error .

Game works!

This worked for me.

Posted by: Ninjachiken.4159

Ninjachiken.4159

Ok, scratch that, they all appear to be working now :-) if you did something your end it worked, if you didn’t the problem fixed itself :-)

Posted by: The Peacock Queen.5089

The Peacock Queen.5089

Same here. I can pick my character but the loading screen (the Mad King lab) is just loading forever.

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Same here after playing personal story and then wanted to go to lions arch it said something about login error and the same message u wrote… had to restart the game :E

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

Posted by: Eureka.1329

Eureka.1329

Cannot log in with any character on LA and the link to fix 1083:5:7:1595:101 is not oppening for me says I need authorization from the Account owner of Zendesk.

Posted by: Grizzack.7829

Grizzack.7829

Modniir Ulgoth is STILL bugged and either not spawning a chest or not giving the collection item for Twilight. I have done him 4 times now.

Posted by: Eddie Mo.7169

Eddie Mo.7169

I also could not log in, I tried adding -repair at the end of GW2, but when I ran it, about 10% in, it was “Not Responding.”

Needless to say, I closed it and ran it again. Fortunately, this time it’s running smoother. Will post an update to see if it works.

Edit: It crashed again after being ~50% in. Will try again.

Edit: 3 times crashed, will not try repair again.

Edit: Tried to log into the game after the 3 fail repair attempts, and I’m in somehow in… Soo…. Hoorah!

(edited by Eddie Mo.7169)

The Peacock Queen.5089

Cannot log in with any character on LA and the link to fix 1083:5:7:1595:101 is not oppening for me says I need authorization from the Account owner of Zendesk.

You’re right I cant see this page too. And yesterday in the lab after the 1 hour bug, there was suddenly no loot (but still xp). And suddenly no more doors, it was really confusing.

Posted by: Garathow.1509

Garathow.1509

Come on Arena Net! It’s been 10 hours now that the game has been unplayable. The additional patch did not fix the login bug.

Posted by: CrusaderXENO.4631

CrusaderXENO.4631

I am unable to load any characters either. Haven’t been able to play since last nights patch.

Posted by: DiscipleofLaw.3796

DiscipleofLaw.3796

Same. Can’t log in.

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

Network error .

Game works!

If that’s the fix, hopefully they will just push that out to everyone with a new patch (or roll back the last patch). Even if we do get in, changing maps is booting us back out and we’re losing progress we’ve gained in the new areas.

Posted by: Vade.9743

Vade.9743

I was having this same problem since the maintenance. This morning I tried a few different methods that proved unsuccessful, but I was finally able to log in after I “Guested” to another server. Hopefully that works for all of you as well.

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

Are you kidding me Anet? I haven’t been able to login for 12h now, since your latest ‘patch’. This repair better work, cause I’m not spending one dime on this kitten anymore.

Posted by: Garathow.1509

Garathow.1509

Come on ArenaNet! The game is not playable for more than 10 h after the patch. The additional patch has not fixed the bug.

The Peacock Queen.5089

It works!!! I’m in!

AzureWolf.9150

Got in again, but started to play in the new area, was up to 200% participation in the area event…went to a waypoint and it kicked me out again and when I came back my participation was back to 0%

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Got this about 12 midnight EST last night. Decided to go to bed. Can’t load a map today either and now trying that -repair thing but it keeps going into Not Responding..

:(

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I logged in fine earlier this morning and was able to play a few hours before the servers where taken down.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Got this about 12 midnight EST last night. Decided to go to bed. Can’t load a map today either and now trying that -repair thing but it keeps going into Not Responding..

Just wanted to mention that the repair dipping into the ‘Not Responding’ state is normal. Be patient and just let it finish on its own.

Not sure if that will fix the problem for you though – nothing seems to work consistently to fix this problem for everyone. Some things help, others do not.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

Still can’t get in on either account. Going on 11 hours now. I’ve run the repair more than once. I was able to get into a few select maps after patch last night, but trying to change maps was game death; this morning I can’t get off the character select screen.

Posted by: CrusaderXENO.4631

CrusaderXENO.4631

Thanks for the backside fix, playing and working now, will post again if there are any other persistent issues.

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Continuing to see this at 9:30 AM CST 10/29

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Just wanted to mention that the repair dipping into the ‘Not Responding’ state is normal. Be patient and just let it finish on its own.

Not sure if that will fix the problem for you though – nothing seems to work consistently to fix this problem for everyone. Some things help, others do not.

It eventually finished and everything looks OK now. I was unable to load into maps and that part is fixed. This whole thing started for me last night trying to load into a map. Just hope it doesn’t happen again.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Trusty Dragoon.5687

Trusty Dragoon.5687

Still unable to log into game. Both myself and my wife play the game on separate accounts and both of us are having the same problem since last night. Sometimes we are able to get our characters into Lions Arch, but as soon as either of us tries to port to a different area we are disconnected. Please fix this issue asap as I notice most people are having the same issue. It has been at least 14 hours since I have been aware of this problem. Very frustrated.

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

Same issue here, repairing just ends up freezing up the application and I’m forced to shut it down…this is really getting ridiculous

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Same issue here, repairing just ends up freezing up the application and I’m forced to shut it down…this is really getting ridiculous

The repair dipping into the ‘Not Responding’ state is normal. Be patient and just let it finish on its own – should only be a few minutes max. Actually, I imagine that End Tasking it without letting it finish may actually cause problems with your archive and it would need to be run again and allowed to finish its repair cycle to also fix any potential new damages caused by forcing it closed before it could finish running its previous repair.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Combat Mania.8517

Combat Mania.8517

Tried repairing… Still the same issue happens to me =(

Posted by: Tsukasu.2705

Tsukasu.2705

I am currently unable to log into any of my characters who are currently in one of the HoT maps, which is all of the ones I wanted to play. Network error like everybody else.

Posted by: Lord Victor.2174

Lord Victor.2174

I wasn’t having issues before the patch, but ever since then I haven’t been able to play with the 2 characters I’ve been using the most this week.

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

I still can’t log in with my warrior, but I can log in with my guardian? I want to play my warrior, though. ;_;

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

AzureWolf.9150

Hopefully they are hard at work trying to undo whatever happened

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Confirm that repairing the client works.

Go do it now fellows. Just append -repair to your shortcut (once).

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.