Unintended Monthly Achievement Rollback?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

So are people getting their monthly laurels post patch? Some of my guild mates didn’t and they didn’t complete it before the patch either. Is this related to the bug cause it aint mentioned in the notes.

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Furthermore, I am afraid to say this latest incident cost you me playing and my spending. This cavalier attitude towards your players/customers, their experience in your world and NCSoft’s lack of commitment to quality is completely unacceptable.

She took the time to explain the issue, and you call it a “cavalier attitude”? She’s the CR manager, so she is not the one making this decision – she is relaying it from the programmers. And I am not myself a programmer, but know some people who are and understand that it is considerably complicated. If they can’t fix it without making it worse, then that’s that. Programming is NOT a magic wand that can do anything. Nor can it even undo everything that it does, in fact, do.

This is why nobody wants to be the messenger. The messenger is the one who gets shot for delivering something that someone ELSE said, that someone YET ELSE doesn’t like. Regina is not one of the people who makes decisions about the game, nor one of the people who implements those decisions. She is the person who passes notes between all those other people and us. And as simplistic as that description might be, it’s incredibly stressful, because of this “shoot the messenger” mentality.

I lost money via gems- buying Black Lion salvage kits- utilizing the 2 for one thinking – why not? It would go toward my monthly salvages.

I’m actually confused here. Salvager was NOT a September monthly before this build. The monthlies I, specifically, lost were Champions (55/60), Group Events (done), and Masterwork Crafting (done). The Wiki page (which still hasn’t been updated) confirms this. You should be complaining about materials lost, not salvage kits! (And, last I checked, materials don’t cost gems.)

Why don’t you tell your programmers to not make wide changes like that without a chance to make up for mistakes?

Because she’s the CR manager. She’s not the programmers’ boss. She’s not one of the designers. She’s not an Arenanet executvie. She’s the one who has to deal with…. us.

She’ll pass our sentiments on, but if the programmers say it can’t be done without breaking something, the execs won’t push the matter, is my bet.

It’s fine to make mistakes, but since you aren’t going to even try to compensate (aka owe up to something in concrete terms instead of just an apology) ; this is just embarrassing.

Compensate… what? From the sounds of this thread, the achievement point disparity doesn’t exist because those achievement points were “un-earned”. People who already got Laurels won’t get more, so it’s only the other rewards they’ll get.

The only loss is the time invested, and the materials spent on masterwork crafting. And, to be perfectly honest, I cannot justify asking them to compensate either.

- The time? Yeah, it’s the third of the month. Man, we are not gonna complete our new monthlies now, are we? We only have 29 days to recoup the work of the past two. Oh, wait, someone just told me that 29 is a bit more than 2.

- The materials are an ACTUAL loss, but we already were compensated. Either by selling the product, or keeping it. We have compensated ourselves for the use of these materials. (I spent some time Sunday night upgrading lots of gems to Orb status as parts of a mystic forge recipe. I was compensated by THE RESULT OF THAT RECIPE. Also, it’s something I would have done whether or not it filled a monthly in the progress.)

… … …

Now, I’m not saying to anyone that this wasn’t a colossal screwup. It was. However, it’s not something they can fix, and they WERE nice enough to tell us about it. AND we have plenty of time. It seems that it won’t even create a “reward imbalance” beyond Mystic Coins and standard coin.

I don’t really see what else they can do that is fair and equitable to all people. The only answer that even comes to mind is “roll the servers back, for everyone, to Midnight UTC on Sep. 1”, and I don’t think ANY OF US want that. The final two days of Clockwork Chaos would have un-happened. Everything we did, everything we spent, would have been un-done and un-spent. It is the only single way to be “fair” to everyone. But it would then mean that EVERYONE wasted THREE whole days to no end.

If anyone, such as the first person I quoted, feels this is enough to make them quit, well, I can’t stop you. But they already said that it’s not a matter of “won’t”, but “can’t”. And they WERE kind enough to tell us. They’re only human, just like us.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Jellie and Duke Darkwood, thank you. Both of your words point out a lot about the unfortunately very vocal minority. You’ll likely get blasted for your logic and kindness, but there are more than a few in the silent majority who are behind you.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

I suppose I can calm down a little bit. But honestly I don’t see what’s so hard about adding the monthlies that were removed back into the fold. It is what it is I guess. I was actually contemplating completing all the monthlies this month since most of them could be done very quickly, but now I’ll just do the 4 and probably leave it.

Posted by: Theslayernl.5219

Theslayernl.5219

Can’t they figure out how far everyone was and make it so you are just as far? It really sucks that we have to pay for this mistake, was 2/4 now 0/4 >.<

You Ain’t Much If You Ain’t Dutch!

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

After investigation by our programmers, they have determined that the fix to this issue would be too risky and could end up making the situation worse than it is. Unfortunately, this means that we’re not able to make changes to correct the issue. We’re sorry about this and we will be implementing ways to ensure this doesn’t happen in the future.

So, how are you going to fix your mistake. It’s not the frist time and not the last. Players have waste a lot of time, gold for WP’s on events to complet the mouthly achievement. And now all over again.
You should give something in return for the lost time and the problems resulting from the incompetence of employees.

Posted by: Akimbo.4835

Akimbo.4835

Nice, waste my time Anet. Now I have SAB grind, or Monthly grind.

Heaven forbid I actually decide to go to work this month.

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

This is absolutely not true, difens.1326. As a professional programmer myself (non gaming related) who rolls out updates to several clients semi-frequently, it is pretty much impossible to test EVERYTHING thoroughly enough to not have ANY bugs. If you want to make perfect software, you’ll never release anything EVER. Because it can ALWAYS be better. And yes — I’ve messed up some things that have been irreversible, like this. It’s part of the job. So you can bash on ANet or bash on me all you want, but every piece of software you use will have issues from time to time, rather you run into them or not.

This.

For most of the last 20 years I was a professional software tester for IBM, on a mature product core to the businesses of some very big names indeed. If something bad got through into released code, in a worst case it could bring a customer’s business to a halt. We didn’t just get a few disgruntled posts, we risked our CEO taking phone calls from the CEOs of Wal-Mart and the like – and then asking us ever so politely just when they could expect a solution, because a key customer was losing millions of dollars an hour? And I support every word in the parent post. Code without bugs doesn’t happen except in the dreams of people who know nothing about developing code. Fixes are almost never as simple as they look. And you can’t test everything in any reasonable time-frame and still put code out, so bugs will inevitably get through. The best you can hope is that the dev’s don’t muck up TOO badly, and that the testers manage to catch the more embarrassing ones before the customers can hit them. After that, it’s all about damage limitation and prioritisation. So don’t rag on either the dev’s or the testers just because you don’t like one bug in particular that got through – YOU COULDN’T DO BETTER (and if you think otherwise, frankly you’re welcome to go try). And, yes, sometimes you get a bug where the cure would be worse than the disease, and you just have to roll with it and do the best you can in the circumstances.

And, for the record – I came to this thread because I, too, was on 3/4 and expecting to complete my monthly this morning. And I’m peeved that I need to find another 2 categories to complete now – but if the dev’s say that they’re sorry it’s happened but that but there’s no safe way to undo it, I’ll take them at their words and accept that.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Posted by: Murth.5637

Murth.5637

After investigation by our programmers, they have determined that the fix to this issue would be too risky and could end up making the situation worse than it is. Unfortunately, this means that we’re not able to make changes to correct the issue. We’re sorry about this and we will be implementing ways to ensure this doesn’t happen in the future.

But it has happened before….

Posted by: Amethyst Rose.4367

Amethyst Rose.4367

Jellie and Duke Darkwood, thank you. Both of your words point out a lot about the unfortunately very vocal minority. You’ll likely get blasted for your logic and kindness, but there are more than a few in the silent majority who are behind you.

I would contend that the silent majority agree with us not you, and just aren’t bothering to speak up.

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

I find it highly doubtful something like resetting achievements couldn’t be spotted prior to release, I have seen far worse bugs in patches for lesser MMOs, while I must accept mistakes will happen

a) They are sometimes preventable
b) It’s how you make up for your mistakes that matter, them doing nothing is plain wrong, I seriously doubt their system doesn’t log who completed what, otherwise how do they know you got your daily or monthly? All information are backed up surely!? That’s basic IT!

Maybe it’s not something easily fixed, fine, even if they offered something as a compensation while it won’t please all of us at least they did something rather than ‘this won’t happen again’….

I had little confidence on this 2 week living story structure, I started the game later than most it seems, April during the trial weekend…. Flame and Frost I didn’t do much of, I did almost every achievement for Southsun cove…. To sum it up with the merits of these events it’s NOT making me enjoy the game more, 2 weeks is far too frequent for new ‘temporary’ events AND furthermore the devs are showing themselves up, within an hour or so of a new update they need a new build to fix something, this has become increasingly frequent in my time in this game, it’s clear they aren’t on top of their ‘brilliant’ 6 times more often updates compared to typical mmos. This most recent debacle is the smoking gun, they were patting themselves on the back late August for the game’s accomplishments in it’s first year, well done it IS the best mmorpg to date I’ve been a part of, yet first day of September trading post is down 2-3hrs?! And to make it worse they’ve lost our progress for our monthlies?

Well it’s true we still have much of the month left to sort that, shame for those strapped for time to play games they really need to do something better than just saying sorry, for making big changes to the game they gave everyone items and what not, surely they can do the same here? Even one laurel would satisfy some of the upset people, I’m with the majority here. If a company messes up it is their duty to make amends, customers have a right to complain!

Maybe it’s a lesson to us all, investing in any mmo long time has it’s risks, truthfully I don’t like the daily/monthly system at all, is comparable to school or work, doesn’t feel like a game when you have timed tasks (admittedly not very difficult ones) but it does contradict Anet’s promoting of the game where you can come and go for long periods and not be disadvantaged! Laurels can only be earned through certain tasks and of course people who can play every day will have a slight advantage! Furthermore they’ve fell on their sword again with their frequent living story changes, if you go away for a month, oh you will missed out on some events!

All in all is still a great game just many of us or most in this thread feel they need to apply the brakes with the fortnight system, quality over quantity surely. That’s my piece, for anyone who challenges it I might not bother to follow up but I have been constructive with my points, we’re the players of games, not the ones to be played by the devs and the company! All the best everyone, enjoy gaming in moderation, best advice in general, which I haven’t followed as well as I should in all honesty.

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Really dissapointing patch I was 3/4 just one daily left , im really glad i’ve put in the effort to finish it just we get a reset. This bug and the legendary footfall updates which still didnt make it into the game makes for one very sad patch.

play hard , go pro.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Why don’t you tell your programmers to not make wide changes like that without a chance to make up for mistakes?

Because she’s the CR manager. She’s not the programmers’ boss. She’s not one of the designers. She’s not an Arenanet executvie. She’s the one who has to deal with…. us.

She’ll pass our sentiments on, but if the programmers say it can’t be done without breaking something, the execs won’t push the matter, is my bet.

Please learn to use the quote function. And yes, I wasn’t talking to her specifically, if that wasn’t obvious enough.

It’s fine to make mistakes, but since you aren’t going to even try to compensate (aka owe up to something in concrete terms instead of just an apology) ; this is just embarrassing.

Compensate… what? From the sounds of this thread, the achievement point disparity doesn’t exist because those achievement points were “un-earned”. People who already got Laurels won’t get more, so it’s only the other rewards they’ll get.

When they screwed up the ectoplasm rate, they gave people BL lion kits regardless of how much they salvaged. That’s an example of them solving matters that weren’t reversible.

Now, I’m not saying to anyone that this wasn’t a colossal screwup. It was. However, it’s not something they can fix, and they WERE nice enough to tell us about it. AND we have plenty of time. It seems that it won’t even create a “reward imbalance” beyond Mystic Coins and standard coin.

Just because they can’t fix it doesn’t mean they should do absolutely nothing on it. It isn’t just “fix it completely” or “just apologize” It’s their mistake and it’s on them to think of something fair.

And what do you mean they were nice enough? It’s their job.

I don’t really see what else they can do that is fair and equitable to all people. The only answer that even comes to mind is “roll the servers back, for everyone, to Midnight UTC on Sep. 1”, and I don’t think ANY OF US want that. The final two days of Clockwork Chaos would have un-happened. Everything we did, everything we spent, would have been un-done and un-spent. It is the only single way to be “fair” to everyone. But it would then mean that EVERYONE wasted THREE whole days to no end.

One idea is to reward everyone with an arbitrary amount of laurels. This doesn’t hurt anyone at all.

If anyone, such as the first person I quoted, feels this is enough to make them quit, well, I can’t stop you. But they already said that it’s not a matter of “won’t”, but “can’t”. And they WERE kind enough to tell us. They’re only human, just like us.

You can repeat how “kind” they were as many times you want. Kind or not, it’s a screw up. But it’s not the mistake that is the main problem here— in fact if it can’t be fixed that’s fine too— but how to solve it, and currently a lot of people find it inadequate.

Talk is cheap, I say. The karma fiasco was bad enough, and with this addition, I would say they would have to be extremely careful for those words to carry any sincerity.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

The commentary about how people shouldn’t be playing games, or shouldn’t be upset or how easy it is for some people to do the monthly is not helping things.

It is a major issue and we have a right to be upset. If you aren’t upset, then that is great for you, but you don’t need to post about how not upset you are.

“A major issue”? Hysterical much?

A few people got a few tokens in-game that they shouldn’t have gotten, and you didn’t get. How is that “a major issue”?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Thank you for checking on a fix and we understand that changing it back now would only cause more problems. We appreciate your hard work, the playerbase will soon forget how some people got two monthlies this month and will move on.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

The thing that annoys me most is the lost time, I get limited playing time and was trying to get my monthly over and done with.

Now I have to start over, having spent a fair few hours on it already only for it to be wasted time.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Mine has gone from 3/4 to 1/4 aswell

I had 4/4 and almost 5/4. Got reset to 2/4 and i could not give a kitten. Before the end of the week I will have 5/4 again by just playing the game.
I cannot be kitten ed off about something like this. :/

Solid Gold.9310

I had 4/4 and almost 5/4. Got reset to 2/4 and i could not give a kitten. Before the end of the week I will have 5/4 again by just playing the game.

I guess some people have more time to waste than others.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Someone suggested giving ‘everyone’ a few laurels. Well, that would just start another wall of complaints, just as giving out the Birthday gifts, again, did. “Johnny got two, and I only got one! Not fair!”

Let’s be honest. In two days, many people finished 3 of the 4 required categories, just by doing the Scarlet events. The map chat was full of “Wow! Cool! This is the easiest Monthly ever! Champs, Events, Group Events are dropping like flies!”. I think many people didn’t do any extra work to get those categories, at least according to map chat. It is unfortunate that the Monthlies were reset. But…I think we are just back to what would have been a normal Monthly now, instead of a “here’s a freebie-Monthly on us” month.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I guess some people have more time to waste than others.

Could be, the last monthly was pretty easy because of the invasions. But the new one with the veteran kill even easier.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I could care less about someone else potentially getting a few more laurels than me.

I could care less about compensation.

I hate the fact that I waste my valuable time in game performing tasks that are simply wiped off a day later. Then to be told ‘oh well’.

The time I have to play is limited and valuable. Do not treat me or my time like it is not important.

I tried to do my monthlies during my holiday to get my mind off all the other changes in the game that are really upsetting me only to get kicked around some more.

Have a little respect for me and my time.

Solid Gold.9310

I could care less about someone else potentially getting a few more laurels than me.

I could care less about compensation.

I hate the fact that I waste my valuable time in game performing tasks that are simply wiped off a day later. Then to be told ‘oh well’.

The time I have to play is limited and valuable. Do not treat me or my time like it is not important.

I tried to do my monthlies during my holiday to get my mind off all the other changes in the game that are really upsetting me only to get kicked around some more.

Have a little respect for me and my time.

+10 to that………….

Posted by: Sonia.7910

Sonia.7910

I have a question, because if the answer is “No”, this could be a much more serious bug:

We already know people who did their monthly before the patch received their laurels, and when they did it again, they received no laurels.

But what about the ones who didn’t do their monthly before the patch and do it AFTER for the first time? Do they get laurels at all??

Because I’m reading other threads about it and I’m getting afraid. If only the ones who achieved it in these few days are getting their reward… well that IS a bug they should fix.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Monthly-reward-after-reset
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Laurels-missing-from-monthly

(On the other side I don’t even know if mods monitor this anymore, after they gave us an answer…)

Little lost clumsy thief in Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

For most of the last 20 years I was a professional software tester for IBM, on a mature product core to the businesses of some very big names indeed. If something bad got through into released code, in a worst case it could bring a customer’s business to a halt. We didn’t just get a few disgruntled posts, we risked our CEO taking phone calls from the CEOs of Wal-Mart and the like – and then asking us ever so politely just when they could expect a solution, because a key customer was losing millions of dollars an hour? And I support every word in the parent post. Code without bugs doesn’t happen except in the dreams of people who know nothing about developing code. Fixes are almost never as simple as they look. And you can’t test everything in any reasonable time-frame and still put code out, so bugs will inevitably get through. The best you can hope is that the dev’s don’t muck up TOO badly, and that the testers manage to catch the more embarrassing ones before the customers can hit them. After that, it’s all about damage limitation and prioritisation. So don’t rag on either the dev’s or the testers just because you don’t like one bug in particular that got through – YOU COULDN’T DO BETTER (and if you think otherwise, frankly you’re welcome to go try). And, yes, sometimes you get a bug where the cure would be worse than the disease, and you just have to roll with it and do the best you can in the circumstances.

I, on the other hand, have 15 years experiences doing systems engineering for an aerospace company. If my code fails it gets dozens or hundreds of people killed. So it certainly is possible to test your code enough to make sure that there’s no critical bugs. And if I was doing my job the way ANet does theirs, quite frankly I’d be in jail.

Software is not a dark art, as much as companies like to pretend it is so they can play the “well you’re not a programmer so you can’t understand how hard this is!” card. There should not be massive, obvious bugs in nearly every event patch. And when non-obvious bugs are discovered, there should be a way to test fixes without endangering the operational system.

It should be obvious to anyone with experience in the industry that ANet has a woefully inadequate test process. Yes you can’t get every minor bug, but they should be catching a lot of the ones that are getting through and they sure as heck ought to be able to fix them. They don’t because they don’t really care. It’s probably going to be gone in two weeks anyways, so why bother?

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

She took the time to explain the issue…
She’s the CR manager…

Sounds like you’re telling us she’s doing her job. There’s a reason few people like working in retail or food service. The cook messes up an order? The server gets yelled at. There are jobs out there that don’t require public interaction, but I have a distinct feeling she’ll get through this.

I’ve come to expect something bad to happen with every release in this game. Perhaps they should shift some resources to their QA department (maybe they’re rolling out content faster than their QA can properly clear it). We all know you cannot eliminate every bug, but as another poster mentioned, some of these that get introduced in nearly every single released update should be caught.

Also they do not need to compensate, but if it’s not hurting them why not? It’s worth keeping your player base happy. They have many, many, many options they could do (give out a BL key, a mini, a gift bag, give a free monthly, etc etc) but they have apparently chosen not to, which does justify the angry mob we see.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Does it only trigger a % on unique jumping puzzles? I have done the same one 6 times(Frost-gorge sound) and only got +% once.

Not sure if its a bug or working as expected.

Thanks!

Must be 20 DIFFERENT JPs in a month.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Jager.8273

Jager.8273

Problem is still not resolved, with the 09/04/13 patch. Monday I was 2/4 on Monthly, yesterday after big patch, was 0/4. Finished one yesterday (1/4) – and this morning, still at 1/4.

Hoping to get back the other two categories I already finished (spending all those mats to get the Masterwork crafting achievement seems like a bit of a loss now!)

Posted by: Pukka.6389

Pukka.6389

I was 3/4 as well, and I was doing my daily this morning when I noticed it say I had hit 1/4. … This is not acceptable (I even triple checked the patch notes, nowhere was this discussed, and I had to come here searching through multiple forums to find this thread), as had I known it was going to reset I wouldn’t have finished 3/4 (now I feel like I wasted my time this past weekend for nothing).

Posted by: MoggyLXIX.2891

MoggyLXIX.2891

Five pages so I do apologise if it has been asked before. I had completed my monthlies.
Completed JP, Master items, group events and Champion kills. Also completed events so I basically finished 5/4. If veterann kills were there orginally I would have completed that too. I received the monthly award, now that I am back to 2/4 do I get this reward again? Or was the award I received removed and I do not notice?

Ours is not to question why, ours is but to do and die

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I’m getting incredibly tired of these ridiculous bugs.

This time, it not only affects the monthly item rewards, but also affects the achievement leaderboard, as anyone who crammed their monthlies into the first few days got up to 70 extra achievement points that are now totally unavailable to anyone else.

So, even if it is just a small margin, now we have a leaderboard that doesn’t have everyone on a level playing field.

That’s just peachy.

Posted by: muni.4830

muni.4830

Five pages so I do apologise if it has been asked before. I had completed my monthlies.
Completed JP, Master items, group events and Champion kills. Also completed events so I basically finished 5/4. If veterann kills were there orginally I would have completed that too. I received the monthly award, now that I am back to 2/4 do I get this reward again? Or was the award I received removed and I do not notice?

If you’d completed the monthly’s as set by Anet on 1st September – the system regards you as having done Septembers round even though Anet reset the targets with the update on Tuesday.

The bottom line is – the system’s already awarded you laurels (and remembers that) so won’t give you any more until the new monthly’s are set in two weeks time :P

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

If you’d completed the monthly’s as set by Anet on 1st September – the system regards you as having done Septembers round even though Anet reset the targets with the update on Tuesday.

The bottom line is – the system’s already awarded you laurels (and remembers that) so won’t give you any more until the new monthly’s are set in two weeks time :P

Not true. The monthly reset on Tuesday allowed people to be rewarded for September’s monthly twice. I verified this with a guildie of mine who received the reward twice.

Posted by: Alienz.4593

Alienz.4593

I did received a reward twice, but not laurels.

-Genius Asura

(edited by Alienz.4593)

Posted by: muni.4830

muni.4830

Not true. The monthly reset on Tuesday allowed people to be rewarded for September’s monthly twice. I verified this with a guildie of mine who received the reward twice.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Unintended-Monthly-Achievement-Rollback/2765037 and here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Unintended-Monthly-Achievement-Rollback/2765233
– you don’t get Laurels twice – the system awards the prize/bonus but only one set of Laurels.

Posted by: Amethyst Rose.4367

Amethyst Rose.4367

“A major issue”? Hysterical much?

A few people got a few tokens in-game that they shouldn’t have gotten, and you didn’t get. How is that “a major issue”?

Quite simply wasting two of my days… when I could have been doing something more enjoyable than invasions. If two of your holiday days are unimportant… then why don’t you come and do my job for a couple of days so I can have recover those two lost days.

Posted by: Sonia.7910

Sonia.7910

I’m still concerned about not getting laurels at all, and I mean not having completed the monthly before the patch, just after. Which seems to be happening. Nobody can confirm?

Little lost clumsy thief in Tarnished Coast

Solid Gold.9310

I think you will have to give it up on this issue, it’s pretty obvious nobody from ArenaNet are going to comment any further about this, they just want this thread to wither and die, and everybody to forget it ever happened.

Personally I’m back to 3/4 again, but I have a LOT of salvaging to do that I’d already done once.

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

just chiming in, i’m more upset than i can say. i go in for surgery tomorrow, and was excited that, today, i’d complete my monthlies and not have to worry about it. now? frackin’ a if i don’t have to worry about it! what’s more? i wish i had done puzzles, and not settled for completionist … that way i could get TWENTY laurels this month, what with the reset! for the record? i think releasing new content, with new achievement objectives every two week has made this game grindy, and that grindiness is causing me to feel a lot less like “oh, hey, they’re still working on it” and a lot more like, “ugh, dear gods, what NOW?”

Posted by: Grim Fwandango.2073

Grim Fwandango.2073

Yeah im still at 1/4 instead of 3/4 prior to patch

Posted by: ZBoss.5610

ZBoss.5610

Are you kidding me ANet? You refer me to a DEAD topic you’ve basically said “F-U” to all players. I played the stupid living story even with it’s terrible lag and culling issues just so I could get champion and group completion done and then you rip those and masterwork crafting away? How convenient the 3 monthlies choices that everyone easily completed early you “mistakenly” remove and then don’t both to put back at least so we have more options for our monthly, instead they’re completely removed. Time and money wasted. Then other players get double rewards? Sure maybe not laurels, but multiple people in my guild have said they’ve gotten rewards from the first monthly completion yesterday and completing it AGAIN after your “blunder.” How is this by ANY means right? And simply saying we can’t fix it, that’s satisfactory to the community/customers? Also where are my karma refunds I was promised after the patch? I was told after burning through my karmas a week ago that I’d be sent them all/or as close to the # as possible. After your karma nerf I want those back to use.

Posted by: WrayWray.8596

WrayWray.8596

Now I have monthly masterwork crafter listed under my nearly completed achievements and no way to complete it because it is no longer a monthly. Please fix this, don’t want to forever see that.

Pardric Trueshot
Anvil Rock
The Rangers Table [TRT]

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

I, on the other hand, have 15 years experiences doing systems engineering for an aerospace company. If my code fails it gets dozens or hundreds of people killed. So it certainly is possible to test your code enough to make sure that there’s no critical bugs. And if I was doing my job the way ANet does theirs, quite frankly I’d be in jail.

I know how systems engineering is done in fields like aerospace. And here’s a question for you: just taking a wild guess, how much do you think GW2 would have cost if ANet did their job the way you did yours?

I’d wager it would be more like $6000 than $60. There’s a reason why that level of quality control is only done in industries where errors get people killed.

Posted by: MsCharm.4369

MsCharm.4369

I am so disappointed and disgusted. I’m a relatively new gamer and monthly usually takes the full month, with a concerted effort. Day before yesterday I had 3 monthlies completed and the fourth would have been done yesterday. COMPLETION. I logged in yesterday to find that my time means nothing. Game changes, ok, they happen, you choose to play the game in the future or not, dismissing my time as meaningless is incomprehensible. Game, yes I realize it is a game and it changes nothing. Please make this right as you consistently have in the past.

Posted by: Jimmy DeLock.3871

Jimmy DeLock.3871

I also had 3/4 of the monthly done and was one daily away from completion. I paid out six gold to max out the crafting achievement. So now my time and gold are lost and yes I have every right to be angry. I am hoping that this “mistake” will be rectified in the not to distant future.

Posted by: Grim Fwandango.2073

Grim Fwandango.2073

I also had 3/4 of the monthly done and was one daily away from completion. I paid out six gold to max out the crafting achievement. So now my time and gold are lost and yes I have every right to be angry. I am hoping that this “mistake” will be rectified in the not to distant future.

same situation basically

Posted by: Ackwah.8725

Ackwah.8725

As others have written previously, this choke is not about gold or laurels or achievement points, it is about time – our most limited resource. Granted, we probably should not be wasting our time playing games anyway, but since we are, the time we spend is extremely valuable – priceless. With this monthly achievement rollback many faithful customers have lost time, and losing time is never fun.

It is a customer service blunder of the worst kind for the Guild Wars Team to refuse compensation for a customer’s lost time.

(edited by Ackwah.8725)

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I had two of the monthly completed and the last two very close, at least I did get credit for the two I completed. The crafting at least I got that leveled up from zero to over 100 so I do not consider it any loss at all other than losing the monthly part of it.

It is what it is. In such a complex game these things happen as unhappy an event as it is. I am sure it is not what Anet wanted and definitely what we did not want but it has happened. I was bummed I had to start over on parts of the monthly but since I did not appear to lose any experience points for what I had finished, I find I can deal with it and move on. Yeah, those early completers may get double dipped, but kudos to them for getting through a monthly so fast. Life is like that. You win some, you lose some.

Anet may offer something for the mistake, I think everyone has learned from this mistake. I plan on just moving on, finishing the monthly and looking forward no matter what happens.

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

i had 3/4 before the patch reset the monthly. i completed the monthly today, and got the standard issue monthly reward (with the 10 laurels).

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Nothing to really whine too loudly about. I was 3/4 through pre-patch, and am again already. This monthly is cake.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

Posted by: OccamsAxe.8650

OccamsAxe.8650

No monthly is particularly arduous, but have some pity for the poor people who spent the gold to get the crafting monthly only to have it snatched away. One needn’t shed too many tears since it’s just a game, but it couldn’t have been (wasn’t) the best news. More troubling to me is the callous and dismissive tone of the Anet response. It costs nothing to do nothing and still be all commiserative and stuff, and most customers will accept the apology and smile and carry on, but the tone of this particular response felt like a bit of a slap in the face….and it’s never a good sign for a business when the gripes of the customer (real or imagined) can only be met with a reply that, while it acknowledges the situation and formally expresses regret, still smacks of contempt.