Unresponsive Jumping @ Dec 3rd Patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

lol…

I thought I was going nuts, missing jumps I knew I should be making.

Jumping puzzles are offically on hold.

Posted by: Lymus.9045

Lymus.9045

Ninja-Fix for Wall-Jumping gone wrong?

Posted by: varonecl.4265

varonecl.4265

Horrible, its delayed as heck and I notice that if i double tap where I would normally get a roll, it sometimes boost my movement speed for a short burst.

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

We’re looking into this now. Thank you for the reports!

Can you make us jump like Super Mario?

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

Don’t look, fix.
You made jumps are way to important in this game for “looking into”.

There is no need to assess anything. It is clearly broken. Just roll back this hidden feature in this patch.

varonecl.4265

Wanted to add. When I use any abilities that grant swiftness the jumping seems to work fine

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

Wanted to add. When I use any abilities that grant swiftness the jumping seems to work fine

So they added a new trait to swiftness: “Jumps become more accurate”

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I’m having a nightmare with this. I thought it was my spacebar or the nearby enemies, but it’s neither. Revert to old version of the game please.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Svarty.8019

Don’t look, fix.
You made jumps are way to important in this game for “looking into”.

There is no need to assess anything. It is clearly broken. Just roll back this hidden feature in this patch.

I agree with this. There is no need to look into it at all, just rollback and fix it in your own time, since everything else in the patch doesn’t matter yet.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

i’ve run into this issue as well, very annoying. made me quit the EB JP for now :/

only if you craft an acorn power-up in the mystic forge.
the recipe involves 250 ectos, 10 mystic forge stones, 250 pinenuts and 50 nutmeg seeds. it’s the only food consumable (nourishment buff for 30 minutes) that needs to be crafted in the mystic forge and doesn’t require the cooking discipline.

just kidding :P

Posted by: Flashbang.7891

Flashbang.7891

I dont normally voice my issues on the forums, but I am also having this issue and it is pissing me off greatly.. WTF ANET

varonecl.4265

i’ve run into this issue as well, very annoying. made me quit the EB JP for now :/

only if you craft an acorn power-up in the mystic forge.
the recipe involves 250 ectos, 10 mystic forge stones, 250 pinenuts and 50 nutmeg seeds. it’s the only food consumable (nourishment buff for 30 minutes) that needs to be crafted in the mystic forge and doesn’t require the cooking discipline.

just kidding :P

BTW, we didnt mean to make jumping a grind! haha!

Posted by: Antant.5031

Antant.5031

Confirmed by 4 ppl in my party.
Im used to do speedruns in WvW JP, today all of us felt re__tar_ded for the first couple of minutes, until found out we had the same issues.

varonecl.4265

Its funny the only time I am successful is while I am under swiftness

Posted by: Xaldinor.9318

Xaldinor.9318

Happening to me aswell. Can’t even complete the wvw jump puzzle

Posted by: Calen.8596

Calen.8596

good to see its not just me, was doing the lions arch jp and thought i lost it.
but now i’m assured its not me, its the game

Svarty.8019

I guess you are jumping early and not jumping from the edge of the object. It’s an issue with edges, because with normal jumping there is no problem, but any edge and the jump just doesn’t happen.

varonecl.4265

I guess you are jumping early and not jumping from the edge of the object. It’s an issue with edges, because with normal jumping there is no problem, but any edge and the jump just doesn’t happen.

yeah thats exactly what it is. At the edge it hesitates and almost hits a cieling or simply doesnt jump at all. with swiftness on, it allows me to jump earlier, but if i run to the ledge even under the boon the jump will not work.

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

How do they fix a bug if they don’t look into what caused it to break first? You can’t just magically fix something if you don’t know how/why it broke. That’s like telling a mechanic not to look at what could be wrong with your car, just fix it. How do they fix it if they don’t know what the problem is?

Also you can’t just roll back a patch. You need to release a new patch to overwrite the old one.

I’m bummed as much as the next person, but really, “just fix it” isn’t going to get it fixed any faster.

Posted by: Devitz.2136

Devitz.2136

Oh well, I was doing EB JP for 20-30 minutes when normally it’s like max 5-8 minutes when nobody is bullying around(I’m mesmer so i made like 10 “safety portals” if i just fall in place where I normally didn’t even think about) Well i won’t do any puzzles for now till it’s fixed, it’s just too hardcore. I just saw how 20 poeple who i ported were happy about it and i knew that something is wrong :P I just felt like they are kissing and huging me through monitor!
But still it was fun to see that people from 2 other servers were also too focused on jumping and completly abandoned attacking each other :P I don’t think it’s good to let your enemy get free sieges, but it’s nice how players connected with same issue can behave
ArenaNet PLEASE take a look at this problem.

Posted by: LotusThief.4613

LotusThief.4613

Yup your “jumping bug fix”

Made being a Charr even more impossible. Really have you guys ever played this game as a large Charr? It sure doesn’t seem like with all the tiny ledges and clipping and now he doesn’t even want to jump half the time.

Basicly if I can’t see my character because of a wall or both his feet aren’t completely on the ground he won’t jump.

I’ve never seen this jumping wall climb you’ve mentioned in the notes either. If it was that big a exploit I’m sure it would have gone around and been known.

Posted by: Wintermute.9152

Wintermute.9152

I can confirm this issue as well.

Posted by: Reidlos.5437

Reidlos.5437

Same issue, few guild members and I couldnt jump when near an edge

Posted by: Reidlos.5437

Reidlos.5437

Same issue Cant seem to jump at all, kinda annoying when near edges

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Me, a friend of mine and few fellow puzzle jumpers we’ve met throughout the GW2 today had major issues with jumping. It feels like the spacebar randomly stops working and instead of jumping to the next obstacle, you just simply walk off the edge. I thought it was my keyboard at first, but after trying out 2 more keyboards and seeing people having the same issue while playing made me think otherwise. This have not been an issue till before today’s update. I’m pretty sure there is more people that the ones I’ve seen today having the same problem. Would you please look into this problem. It really takes away the fun from jumping puzzles…

Posted by: Adyena.2360

Adyena.2360

I’ve never seen this jumping wall climb you’ve mentioned in the notes either. If it was that big a exploit I’m sure it would have gone around and been known.

Only ting I, sometimes, encounter is the flying “bug/cheat/whatever”

But I agree, just looking into it can not do the necessary. Jumping is part of the basic movement mechanics. You can not let this stay as it is. This needs fixing asap. It’s like moving sideways would be prohibited, same thing !

The darkness will save you.

Posted by: mapokl.3167

mapokl.3167

I have the same problem. When doing boss fractal, suddenly i didn’t jump and run straight into abyss. I would count is as my mistake if not three other people also didn’t jump in the some place and time.

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

my guildies all calling me a noob because i can’t complete jump puzzles all of the sudden

Posted by: MindWerks.6041

MindWerks.6041

OMG Yes! I am sooooo suffering from this. I spent the last hour and a half falling in the exact same spot on the jumping puzzle in the borderlands. I would be able to do 3 runs on one guy in 45 mins (as long as some guy didn’t murder me) but I can not properly express the rage I had after watching my guy just not jump when he got to the edge of the platform. If I jump a little early then I didn’t have enough speed to make it, if I jump at the sweet spot he just would not jump. I got so frustrated that I changed keyboards, rebooted my computer then switched borderlands, then characters. Nothing fixed it, I just gave up and had to look on the forum to see if I was the only one suffering from this maddening bug. I feel a little better that it’s not me.

Posted by: Scarletwing.9824

Scarletwing.9824

Congratulation. Arenanet once more create bugs with patch….

Posted by: Apgrossi.9243

Apgrossi.9243

I am in a group with three other people and we are all experiencing the same issue. There are times when the game does not want to jump although we press our jump button. Happens most of the time when we are trying to jump after running.

Posted by: glennyrd.1308

glennyrd.1308

I’m having the same issue. I thought I was going crazy or my keyboard was going out, but then I saw this thread. I am sane after all.

Posted by: Sullydog.9206

Sullydog.9206

I can also confirm this, having all sorts of problems with jumping.

Posted by: Saurok.9506

Saurok.9506

Having the same trouble. I love to do the various jumping puzzles in the game including the Eternal Battle grounds JP. They are all for the most part way to much trouble now with the jumping change/nerf. There is no enjoyment falling where you know you should not have over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ad infinitum. There was one place in the Eternal JP where there were 9 bodies all piled on top of each other from being unable to make a jump and falling to their deaths. This needs to be fixed and fast. Even running across uneven ground and trying to jump now ends up in a failure. Jumps are not just necessary for the JPs but also for moving about the terrain.

Posted by: Apgrossi.9243

Apgrossi.9243

This makes jumping puzzles totally useless. Cannot complete them because you fail to jump too many times.
Are there any devs on right now?

Posted by: Rez.2578

Rez.2578

Fail………………………………

Rezz[Invi]

Posted by: Skit.3792

Skit.3792

I am experiencing this issue as well… seemed okay in Lion’s Arch, but all kittened up in WvW… hopefully harpy fractal isn’t as bad.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

How on earth did anything in the patch notes impact jumping?

Either GW2’s engine code is horrible spaghetti code beyond belief, or you guys made a change in a patch and didn’t put it in the patch notes.

Posted by: Cercie.1025

Cercie.1025

Cant even do a simple jumping puzzle after trying again and again for 30 minutes lol. I also noticed that I keep auto attacking a target even after unselecting it.

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

Either GW2’s engine code is horrible spaghetti code beyond belief, or you guys made a change in a patch and didn’t put it in the patch notes.

“Fixed a bug that would allow users to “Spam Jump” to scale walls and other obstacles."

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

“Fixed a bug that would allow users to “Spam Jump” to scale walls and other obstacles."

I’m doing ctrl+F on the update notes in the News and Announcements forums and not finding the word “jump”. Didn’t find it reading the post either. Where are you seeing this?

[/quote]

Posted by: Cercie.1025

Cercie.1025

Other obstacles, like.. a curb or a tree stump.

Posted by: Grend.6251

Grend.6251

Just tested it out, it seems like at least some of the wall jumps that were previously possible still are. However, I am having a lot of problems completing jumping puzzles that were previously very easy. My character seems to want to fall off edges if I wait too long to jump, whereas before the patch I had no such problems.

Posted by: dorin.4618

dorin.4618

Falling down like a boss. Thought my keyboard went crazy first, but it seems it’s just fine!
Mayday!

Posted by: Aerodin.2795

Aerodin.2795

Confirmed… jumping puzzles are a real pain when pressing jump doesn’t always jump…

Author of GW2 PAO

Posted by: Cassio.9507

Cassio.9507

Confirmed by me and guildies as well. Anet please rollback to previous build and wait w/ releasing it til everything works again. You’ve made a game that’s very focused on jumping after all, this is a core feature that’s stopped working properly and needs serious attention.

Posted by: Anubis Priest.1076

Anubis Priest.1076

I can confirm that jumping has been completely bugged. I went on one character (human thief) on Sunday to do a jumping puzzle (Breech Wall Point and Vista) and did it in 2 minutes and no falls. Today I was going to try it with a second character (norn warrior), thinking I would know it so well, and no go.

Somehow, I would say that the more jumping I try to do the worse it gets. I almost made it the first try, getting to the skill point. I fell jumping to the vista, and the harder I tried to do the jumping test in one smooth run the worse the jumping got. Now, I can’t make half the height or half the distance I would expect during normal play with the thief character.

I don’t want to log onto my thief: I’d be peeved beyond words if it’s jumping was pooched too…

Posted by: Xenolith.6154

Xenolith.6154

This just made me ragequit to the desktop after failing the most obvious jumping puzzle jumps for the 100th time. I thought it was my keyboard receiver, my cold hands, my space bar going out etc. but after a while I could recreate it not jumping when jump was distinctly pressed. What a horrible bug to introduce.

Posted by: Zovon.7025

Zovon.7025

Hey yeah, ive had this problem too, i thought i was going insane – decided it would be smart to try the metrica province jumping puzzle – Rage quit when my jumps weren’t working haha :P

Yeah i agree with anubis priest, it seems to be more unforgiving the more you do it – Ive done quite a few in the past and ive never had these hopping issues, in fact its always felt very responsive and fair. I assume it happened after that new build earlier ^^

(edited by Zovon.7025)

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

so playing with it I basically have noticed that you must take 2 steps before jumping.
I tested this on the ledges of the bridge near the mystic forge if you stand close to the outside edge and run and jump you will jump if you stand close to the center edge and very quickly run and jump you will not jump