in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

Any kittening day now.

"Victory or Death" Bug [merged]

Posted by: GamesOn.1098

GamesOn.1098

ok… has been 2 kittening weeks now… just fix the kitten thing this is game breaking bug!!

Posted by: Seigar.2016

Seigar.2016

Same problem like anyone else. Is this bug hard to fix ?

Posted by: Wandred.4583

Wandred.4583

Have a same problem, try to use “Wall of reflection” but i spend about 30 min on this action and nothing happiens with that giants

Posted by: masia.4956

masia.4956

I confirm this bug, couldn’t interact canon or anvil. This bug is serious as game (can’t continue / need to retry until you notice it’s a bug) Also I think lots of people waste hours of game play. If it’s hard to fix, it should be announced.

Posted by: Dorkable.4561

Dorkable.4561

I recently returned to the game. My account had been hacked and your team was very helpful in restoring it for me. They were very timely and helpful and got my account back to and in the same state I had left it. I was very excited to return the game and play again. I was enjoying my time until I got up to the last personal story mission only to find it bugged. I realize your team is aware of this, however, I am extremely disappointed in the response. I don’t usually complain and am generally understanding on most issues, but this a serious game breaking bug. To find out it’s been this way for over two weeks is extremely disheartening. I was looking forward to finishing the main story so I could buy the Living World story pack and then pre-purchase the expansion. However, seeing the lack of response to such an extreme bug has me rethinking this. Has in fact made me rethink even wanting to play the game at this point. While I’m aware this is not the sole issue in the game and there are many problems and projects going on at once, in the case of such extreme bugs it should be your top priority to return the games functionality. Then to hear you’re testing a fix but to assume I’m going to have to wait until Tuesday for it to be rolled out, a kittenumption at the moment, this all tells me you just really don’t care. That speaks volumes to me as a player and I’m simply not sure if I want to continue with this games at the moment.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

^ At this point I wouldn’t even assume that this Tues will have the fix. Maybe one Tues. The team appears to be concentrating HoT and “extreme bugs” are not a priority. Weekend beta and selling HoT is #1 priority.
Same as you, I will be keeping my wallet closed.

Posted by: warownslife.6849

warownslife.6849

Seriously, Stop dealing with HoT when their are game breaking bugs in your game. Seriously, you could at least give an update after what, 2 weeks? Yeah guild wars, great customer service there, will not be paying you a dime ever but will continue to play for now.

Fix this.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

For those who didn’t see it:

An update for those near the end of their Personal Story: The Victory or Death fix is undergoing testing currently. I don’t have a release date to share at this time, but I do want to let you know that things are in progress. Thanks for your patience.

And seriously, I can understand the frustration but please don’t overreact and lessen the drama, that instance isn’t the only thing in game. There are a lot of other content in the game that you can do while wait for the fix. If none of the other contents fit your likes, well then there is life out there too :P Just be patient, a fix was done and it’s in testing. Better a long and properly tested fix than a quick “amendment” that can bring up more issues.

Blude.6812

For those who didn’t see it:

An update for those near the end of their Personal Story: The Victory or Death fix is undergoing testing currently. I don’t have a release date to share at this time, but I do want to let you know that things are in progress. Thanks for your patience.

And seriously, I can understand the frustration but please don’t overreact and lessen the drama, that instance isn’t the only thing in game. There are a lot of other content in the game that you can do while wait for the fix. If none of the other contents fit your likes, well then there is life out there too :P Just be patient, a fix was done and it’s in testing. Better a long and properly tested fix than a quick “amendment” that can bring up more issues.

Yep, lots of stuff to do—BUT—perhaps if they had concentrated on the game instead of sales we could have moved on by now. Sometimes patience runs out and they don’t need people defending them. They could and should be speaking for themselves. Even posting about it in General discussions rather than adding to/copying to/merging with bug thread is an oversight. (imho).

Posted by: Myridar.5982

Myridar.5982

I didn’t want to post here, but here people are throwin “kittens” at the developer face too much, if you all had the decency to check before talkin’ like, the dev section, or even the General discussion, like the one over me said without checkin, you’ll find information, cause in the Personal Story Restoration update topic there’re dev responses about this matter.
So stop making such a fuss, the bug collided with 2 event, so is not that easy to handle all the stuff. Some of the staff not being there cause of the gamescon, and also the HoT beta weekend, cause if they did repair this, and not finished everything for the beta, surely a post regarding the beta not having everything.
So relax, do something else, like jumping puzzle and other things, while they repair this.

P.s.: I also have 2 pgs that are in the wait for the last quest of the Personal Story.

Posted by: GamesOn.1098

GamesOn.1098

@Myridar I have got all my character in all class to 80 completed all the maps, done all the jp, gear all them up so really there are nothing much left to do, all I need to do is finish my personal story…

and this is really a game breaking bug, is not like a minor bug like missing dialog I can live without…

so yea dev fix the kitten thing

Also with the experience nearly 2 years with Anet, they always response really slow in this kind of subject matters, some bug are still here since the release the game (yes I am talking about the necro minion ai – it went full kittened sometimes)

I used to be really forgiven like you, but you will see XD

(edited by GamesOn.1098)

Blude.6812

Some of the staff not being there cause of the gamescon, and also the HoT beta weekend,

I guess they don’t have enough staff nor are their limited resources being managed properly.

Posted by: Discoteka.2758

Discoteka.2758

I can’t quote because my phone and this website seem to be having a quarrel, but to the PP who mentioned the resources in this game not being adequate….

At least they are listening and working on it, based on official feedback. I have recently come back from a game that had to get all the patches from overseas, and they didn’t even know what the patches contained. Then, if the daddy company didn’t want to fix a bug, they called it “emergent gameplay” and it was just left there.

That, and it took at least 7 days for a ticket response. ANet is amazeballs in comparison.

They are working on the issue, and yes it is frustrating but this game has a ton of content.

(edited by Discoteka.2758)

Posted by: Carbon.2048

Carbon.2048

Sorry, but I just can’t accept “there’s so much other content” when the core part of the game is broken.

The personal story is(was?) the heart of GW2. The fact that you can’t finish the main storyline is a pretty kitten big deal; especially when they’re trying to sell an expansion. Why the kitten would I wanna buy HoT when the main vanilla story doesn’t work?

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

Up this thread! Waiting over one week now …

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Posted by: Matija.9583

Matija.9583

The mission is still bugged. Giants attack me but I cannot interact with cannons.

Posted by: Mantulis.4153

Mantulis.4153

2 weeks later and still isn’t fixed… way to go wasting everyone’s time and nerves.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Every time they fix something they break something else.

2 weeks and not even an acknowledgment.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Just came across this bug now with my family. They are new to the game and we have been leveling together doing our stories together. Now we are at Arah and can’t go any further. Needless to say, they are ticked.

We can’t even finish the main game, yet you are wanting us to purchase your expansion. Seems you should fix your main game first before trying to get us to play HoT. This is just ridiculous.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Crime.4960

Crime.4960

I ran into the same bug, terrible that it you can’t proceed story. Please fix GW2!

Blude.6812

Every time they fix something they break something else.

2 weeks and not even an acknowledgment.

Read the whole thread—there was an acknowledgement on this page
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Personal-Story-Restoration-update/page/8
" BobbyStein.2315:

An update for those near the end of their Personal Story: The Victory or Death fix is undergoing testing currently. I don’t have a release date to share at this time, but I do want to let you know that things are in progress. Thanks for your patience."

Too bad he replied there instead of the bug thread though.
Bottom line, regardless, we are still waiting.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Posted by: Fogo.7312

Fogo.7312

Seriously, come on A-Net; this isn’t a merchant in DR short changing us – it’s the story!

The time frame is way too long and someone somewhere has decided that this just isn’t worth your attention in light of your new stuff – but that’s not a good ad for you guys.

Hopefully you also realize that the ratio between those bothering to write here and those actually effected is not 1:1?

This is putting a lot more people out than you’re giving credit to, A-Net.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Read the whole thread—there was an acknowledgement on this page
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Personal-Story-Restoration-update/page/8
" BobbyStein.2315:

An update for those near the end of their Personal Story: The Victory or Death fix is undergoing testing currently. I don’t have a release date to share at this time, but I do want to let you know that things are in progress. Thanks for your patience."

Too bad he replied there instead of the bug thread though.
Bottom line, regardless, we are still waiting.

Ah, thanks!

Posted by: Saud.5213

Saud.5213

victory or death cannon not working ! fix your stuff plz

Posted by: Madkillz.9581

Madkillz.9581

Same issue, cannons won’t interact.

Posted by: mjwells.9132

mjwells.9132

Same For me and my lady

Posted by: MatiDiez.1537

MatiDiez.1537

Same issue just now. I’ve been doing this quest for the entire day, and now this. And it’s been going on for weeks?

Hmmmm, is this the support this dev team provides? It’s a Final Story Line Quest not some shop or event that you can just leave there.

Very dissapointing

Posted by: Aexo.6491

Aexo.6491

I don’t know what they’re waiting for, this is rapidly approaching absurdity.

Posted by: Vader.4285

Vader.4285

Still an issue. Can’t interact with the cannons to beat the giants.

Posted by: ChrisK.5731

ChrisK.5731

This debacle once again reinforced the negative impression of Arenanet I already got very early on. They only care about selling the game, after that: “Screw you, we already got your money. The less you play, the less we have to pay for servers.” Just like it took them YEARS to do something about the awful camera mechanics.

Posted by: Jaxxcn.1954

Jaxxcn.1954

Same problem as everyone else all over again. Anyone reading this thread would have a hard time sinking more money into a game that the devs seem to be this uninterested in fixing. Thanks but no thanks. Very frustrating!!

Posted by: gchaucer.9374

gchaucer.9374

yup.. am also still having trouble trying to do this (solo). cannons non interactable.

Posted by: laquesis.6270

laquesis.6270

It’s not something new … when you have to use the cannons, you can’t interact with them. Alrady sent an in-game bug report with screenshot but I know it’s nothing new, I just hoped this was fixed already.

Tried to do it 3 times, got really frustrated.

Posted by: Pyrin.4287

Pyrin.4287

I am also still having trouble trying to do this (solo). The cannons are non-interactable.

Posted by: Ubertaz.3719

Ubertaz.3719

I have had the same issue for the last 2 days. Finally talked to some other people who pointed me to this thread. How many posts does it take for ANET to reply and tell us what is going on?

I just want to get this done!

Madkillz.9581

Can anyone confirm if you don’t SOLO this its completable? So if I bring a friend it will fix the problem? Or doing it solo or in a party still bugs out? Thanks in advance.

Posted by: laquesis.6270

laquesis.6270

Almost 15 days and still no fix?

Posted by: native.4890

native.4890

Same problem. Haven’t been able to progress further into the game.

Madkillz.9581

In-game please hit ESC → Support → Bug Report

Then select General PvE & Environment → Living World Journal Functionality.

And explain the issue. Hopefully getting a flood of bug reports will do SOMETHING to make the problem more in their face. Just becoming desperate to make ArenaNet do the job that their employment details. Buy to Play game, F2P or, P2P its all the same, you still need to do bug fixes and patches to keep your game working. Specially the main story line, AND it being the last mission.

Like get real ANet.

Posted by: WaffleStomper.9438

WaffleStomper.9438

Have logged out and attempted this 3 times now, still bugged. This is the first character I have gotten to the end of the personal story and I cannot progress, very disappointing :/
Have sent a bug report too.
Seems to be the same issue as everyone else, cannot use cannons or repair anvil on airship.

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

This is by far the most frustrating bug I’ve ever faced. My schedule included that I finish every story before Hot, very disappointed A-net. I even had to apologise to my friend for wasting his time.

(edited by Nephrite.6954)

Posted by: syrold.7954

syrold.7954

Same problem here. Giants do not froze, but cannot use Anvil or the cannons. Im now double thinking if I will but Heart of thorns.

Posted by: Elunarie.9283

Elunarie.9283

I am also reporting this bugged. I’m attempting to kill the giants using guardian reflects.. but the cannons seemed to have some sort of special extra damage when reflecting the giant’s attacks.. normal reflects only reflect the attack damage. I’ve heard the copter is bugged after this, but I’m willing to attempt it anyway. I restarted this once after I got the giants “non-animation” T shape bug.. and now the giants are animated.. but the cannons are not interactable. My guess is the node to interact with them is stuck behind the airship as it moves, or even below it on the ground (similar to the problems with Scholar Brendan in the Broken Spit when you cannot kill the risen replicators. You are however, able to kill them using jagged horrors’ species skill (auto-attack).. here you can’t damage the giants.

Edit: I was able to kill the giants much more slowly than usual with player skill reflects. The story progressed to the helicopter and it was not interactable.

Edit note: I really think the devs need to up priority on certain issues. This one needs to be near the very top, above HoT at this point.. Unlike other people I’m not likely to leave and go to WoW or some other game. I like GW and its story too much. The recent string of new updates breaking old things is troubling though, and as many people have already said in this thread – its not the issue with things breaking, its how long it is taking to fix them, which makes people nervous that they might never be fixed in lieu of new content. New players won’t just want to play Heart of Thorns.. they will want to play through the whole story.. and if their first experience is a game-breaking story bug ..they may not want to stay.

// Bathea Havocbringer \\

(edited by Elunarie.9283)

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

This is bugged for me as well. I cannot interact with the canons. I do not feel like starting all over again either. This is very irritating.

Posted by: Darth Vader.7902

Darth Vader.7902

Same problem

Posted by: mairtin.6703

mairtin.6703

sigh < said it all but message too short

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

I also have this issue. Can’t interact with the cannons to beat the giants.

Posted by: pixietina.6527

pixietina.6527

My awsome guildies helped me with this last night They got the giants down with reflect, but after ages doing this, the chopper was bugged

Posted by: Thomas.9670

Thomas.9670

Based on what I have heard from the developers, I think this issue will be in the next patch.