"Victory or Death" Bug [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: HobnobRob.8456

HobnobRob.8456

This issue has been reported for weeks now and still no official response on a timeline to repair.

As others have pointed out, we did acknowledge the issue in a different thread and have been working to resolve it for several weeks now. I’ve also been posting in other threads on Reddit, but I can’t be everywhere all the time, try as I might.

The issue was fixed in this morning’s patch. Let us know if you encounter any issues. The turrets and anvil should all be interactive now, and the story step should no longer be blocked from completion.

Thanks much.

This was the main forum thread on the issue I don’t understand why it was the last place to receive an update. Good news on the fix though, but people were left angry due to a complete lack of response, what did this take, 20 seconds to write? Someone could’ve found time.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Someone could’ve found time.

Nah, they are too busy flogging HoT.

Posted by: Dark Artemis Ranger.6329

Dark Artemis Ranger.6329

still broken for me, it doesn’t even get to the cannon part anymore, its just stuck at the “keep watch for orrian forces as the ship advances” part. All the giants are there but they are frozen and the instance doesn’t progress past this point. So freaking frustrating.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

It was still broken the last time I went in – and until it is truly fixed and posted I am not trying again – talk about wasting people’s time.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Crazy.1894

Crazy.1894

Worked again with another toon, but I had an annoying (though non blocking) bug : at the very last fight, vs Zhaitan itself, I managed to get stuck “in the air” (at least that was the reason I was given when I wanted to leave the cannon), and couldn’t fire anymore. Probably the consequence of being bumped at a wrong time.

It solved itself when I got hit by some knockback attack, which made me forcefully leave the cannon, and I was able to finish then.

Les Loups de Sandpoint [LdS] – Vizunah
and we’re NOT recruiting ^^

Posted by: TonyCraig.7290

TonyCraig.7290

I am normally very understanding of developers’ problems, having been one (not games) myself for many years. However I really think Arena.net have dropped the ball badly here. Having returned to the game for some time with 5 level 80s, none of who have done “victory or death” I was keen to try it, then move on to Living Story and the expansion. I got my L40 thief up to 80 then went to the dungeon. I got the same error that many are reporting – being stuck on the airship, supposedly watching the Orrian forces. This is a really high profile error – those of you who just ran the group dungeon cannot understand the frustration of those of us who solo.

For 2 weeks there was no response from Arena.net. No acknowledgement that an error had been reported. Nothing. Then there was a response in a thread not directly relating to the error, saying the fix was under development. Later there was a comment that the team did not have time to post everywhere. Not in the main bug thread in the official forum!

Of course I wouldn’t be posting now if the fix had worked but it didn’t. So instead of taking my other characters through the finale then on to the expansion, its off to play another game. Maybe I will return when everyone is clear that the fix works. Maybe not.

ps. Almost certainly irrelevant, but I am using Windows 10.

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

Tried again and bugged out still. This time I was stuck on a cannon when the copter arrived.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

Posted by: kajak.5368

kajak.5368

Just tried on the newest patch and THEY FIXED IT :D
Yaaaay, time to get out the party hats

Posted by: Heracte.7539

Heracte.7539

fixxed*
just happened

Attachments:

Posted by: Ella Stormdancer.5329

Ella Stormdancer.5329

This instance is still bugged and I can’t progress – why or why can’t it be fixed??? It’s been months – I think since it was made single player. Please, please I would like to finish the end game before HoT.

Posted by: BobbyStein

Previous

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Next

This instance is still bugged and I can’t progress – why or why can’t it be fixed??? It’s been months – I think since it was made single player. Please, please I would like to finish the end game before HoT.

What specifically happened in your case? Were your turrets not interactive or did something else happen?

I was able to finish Victory or Death with a party on Saturday, so if a new issue has popped up I’d like the details so I can investigate. Thanks!

Posted by: Tallybunny.4782

Tallybunny.4782

I have just finished Victory or Death, so at least for me the bug that prevented progression at the giants seems to be fixed.

I have encountered however two other smaller bugs.

The biggest one starts where it used to bug out and stop progression, when we first board the airship.

Throughout all of these first airship missions; killing the giants, killing the Mouth, and killing the dragons afterwards, Destiny’s Edge and the other pact soldiers don’t engage the fight.

They all stand inside the airship doing nothing.

I assume this to be a bug, as before the airship, and afterwards when we board the Glory of Tyria, they do join and help the player.

The second smaller bug occurred right after I killed Zhaitan. A few seconds before he died, something called Tendrils of Zhaitan spawned, then persisted after Zhaitan was dead and the Pact was celebrating with fireworks.

Posted by: Kesrith.9376

Kesrith.9376

Since the new patch I can’t progress past the 3 giants on the airship, due to too many risen on deck constantly knocking me down and keeping my warrior pinned to the deck. I had 3 risen eagles and a risen asura hitting me over and over. I couldn’t dodge, run back inside, or do anything other than get defeated. Fighting back while down didn’t move their hp’s down more than 1/16th of an inch. The few times I got the shields to activate just added more risen to the deck.

I was able to finish this with my necro 2 months ago.

This is the deal-breaker for me. If I can’t complete My Story, then why bother playing at all? ANET if there’s 1 thing I can’t abide by, it’s futility.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

This mission, like others and even generally throughout the game, bugs me with the fact that NPCs won’t help you when they really should. They’re supposed to be your comrades, but they stand there looking stupid. It would be less frustrating if you were alone. In other times, I found myself defeated on the ground with some NPC standing nearby picking his nose. “I’m right here! Res me!! I did it for you!!!”
I can only assume the NPCs are mostly jerks who revel in my anguish.

(edited by Zoltar MacRoth.7146)

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

This mission, like others and even generally throughout the game, bugs me with the fact that NPCs won’t help you when they really should. They’re supposed to be your comrades, but they stand there looking stupid. It would be less frustrating if you were alone. In other times, I found myself defeated on the ground with some NPC standing nearby picking his nose. “I’m right here! Res me!! I did it for you!!!”

The NPCs on the airship stay in the kittenpit (EDIT for kitten censor: control room where people steer the airship) during the first phase. They’ll help you if any creatures follow you inside, but they won’t venture on to the deck. This was by design due to some pretty specific technical conditions that are unique to this particular story step.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

noticed something weird yesterday …

My personal story journal entry stop at ‘’ Forming the Pact ’’

I finished my personal story a day or two after the Giant airship bug was fixed , i completed Victory or death solo with my Mesmer .. Killed Zaithan and received the rewards and all …. but no #8 ‘’ Victory or death ’’ in my journal entry

before entering Arah .. i remember the green star on cursed shore map , and ‘’ victory or death ’’ in the top right corner of my screen… looks like my journal didn’t updated.

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

Previous

BobbyStein

Next

noticed something weird yesterday …

My personal story journal entry stop at ‘’ Forming the Pact ’’

I finished my personal story a day or two after the Giant airship bug was fixed , i completed Victory or death solo with my Mesmer .. Killed Zaithan and received the rewards and all …. but no #8 ‘’ Victory or death ’’ in my journal entry

before entering Arah .. i remember the green star on cursed shore map , and ‘’ victory or death ’’ in the top right corner of my screen… looks like my journal didn’t updated.

This is a known issue with the Story Journal that’s being tracked in a different thread. Feel free to post your info here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Personal-Story-Skipped-every-mission-in-Orr/first

Thanks!

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

The NPCs on the airship stay in the kittenpit (EDIT for kitten censor: control room where people steer the airship) during the first phase. They’ll help you if any creatures follow you inside, but they won’t venture on to the deck. This was by design due to some pretty specific technical conditions that are unique to this particular story step.

Makes sense, still creates a really lonely experience – especially when playing solo. This was supposed to be the big arc where Destiny’s Edge actually kills a dragon. Instead they all huddle inside and watch me do it by myself. :/ Zojja actually bugged at one point and stood next to me for part and watched as I bled out on the air ship next to the turrets during the final phase.

Posted by: gajalu.8965

gajalu.8965

Still bugged.

I’m sitting on the airship for 30 minutes now. The Giants just stand there, frozen, like the airship. It won’t progress.

Posted by: Lambo.1405

Lambo.1405

Still bugged.

I’m sitting on the airship for 30 minutes now. The Giants just stand there, frozen, like the airship. It won’t progress.

Exact same thing happening to me.

Posted by: agoodwolfy.8025

agoodwolfy.8025

Ya know, you guys should prolly like idk just let the npc’s go n help orrr idk not have them there at all since if you really want to you can just drag the bad guys into the room with destiny’s edge n they’ll fight em anyway :P

Posted by: Mogilka.3085

Mogilka.3085

WHY DOES THIS BUG KEEP REAPPEARING??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Returning player from original beta here. When HoT was announced months ago i got a new acc and did VoD on 2 of my chars before it was patched to be soloable. No issues. Then after the patch i tried doing it on another 80 and it took me like 10 restarts over the course of 3 days to finally get the cannons operational!!!

Now three months after the “fix” this crap is broken again????!!!!!!!! OMG!!! i usually dont rage, but it’s so ffffffffffffffffffkn unnoying to go though 3 godkitten orbs and watch all that unskippable idiocy just to see if the ship is magically unstuck!!!!!!!!!

ANET, CAN WE GET SOME STABLE FIXES RATHER THAN CONCENTRATING ON GETTING MORE F2P FODDER IN GAME????!!!!

I love cats, my favorite cat is named Sql, i call her MySQL.

Posted by: Mogilka.3085

Mogilka.3085

oo! love the rage censorship filter though – “godkitten”

I love cats, my favorite cat is named Sql, i call her MySQL.

Posted by: Luisgolas.7046

Luisgolas.7046

Looks bugged again. Stuck at giants, impossible to interact with turrets

Attachments:

Posted by: Luisgolas.7046

Luisgolas.7046

It worked the next time I tried it, so it looks like some kind of random error.

Previous

BobbyStein

It worked the next time I tried it, so it looks like some kind of random error.

Glad to hear it’s working for you again.

Posted by: Suicidal Hamster.4816

Suicidal Hamster.4816

turrets are still bugged. my wife just got it.

same as above, cant interact with turrets.

Posted by: MarqusX.3692

MarqusX.3692

This is still bugged. Unable to use cannons and the giants are just standing there. Is there any word on how to fix this glitch so that you can finish the personal story?

Posted by: Suicidal Hamster.4816

Suicidal Hamster.4816

confirmed bugged

Posted by: Piteero.7418

Piteero.7418

When i’m on the ship – giants are frozen and i cannot do nothing.

Attachments:

Posted by: Piteero.7418

Piteero.7418

It’s ok now. Just repeat this quest.

Posted by: Latus.1496

Latus.1496

Well, tried to complete Killing the Elder Dragon Zhaitan, but the story is bugged at the point where you’re meant to board the chopper to continue. The airship stopped where the giants were and didn’t move forward after defeating them. Can’t get to the chopper because of this.

Posted by: Mikhaila.2713

Mikhaila.2713

Buggy for me as well, is there no way to aim cannons? I could access them, but no way to aim. I sat at the computer for an hour trying to time a dragon flying in the right spot to hit it, never did. Gave up. Not interested in playing a quest over and over and never able to finish.

Posted by: RavynKage.3609

RavynKage.3609

It’s all well and good saying do the whole instance again, but when you have to do the same bloody instance 5+ times it’s gets highly irritating. It’s always in the same spot, at the giants, on the ship their standing motionless, and this time i’m dying every time i get to that bit even if i’m in the cabin, my character amazingly downs or dies straight out. .
I’ve given up for the time being, theres only so many times i want to repeat this kitten mission, once per character please, not 5+ times per character.

Attachments:

Elementalist by nature, Sylvari at heart, at Home in the Priory. / Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Jikuu Ryuu.3025

Jikuu Ryuu.3025

One year later and it seems this bug is still present.

Arrive at the three giants, they do nothing, cannons cannot be selected… sat there for fifteen minutes before realizing it was bugged.

Can’t find an ingame “Report a bug” category for personal missions either. Can’t find this on the list of Known Bugs either?

(Blame google for digging up old posts)

Posted by: technicalchaos.2174

technicalchaos.2174

VoD is bugged again this time the Cutscene’s are causing the dungeon to bug out did the Dungeon today, well it wont complete and i finished the dungeon it keeps telling me to get the first power core since the group already got the power cores and finished up to killing the dragon it self. at the end i get a Mail for running the Dungeon on Paths and no completion of the dungeon or the storyline the group i was in was having the same issue.
would be nice if Anet will go back and look at the Dungeon for Arah Victory or Death and fix those issues. the group had to exit once because after the Giant Attack it bugged out when the Charr helo showed up to early but the cutscene was to early which bugged it out we had to start over and everything just didnt fit in place. Will try it Solo or with a Guildmate as 2 person see if that will pull the dungeon completion out of the storyline but i doubt it.

Posted by: AreeSoothsayer.1068

AreeSoothsayer.1068

The bug with the giants is still around. Took 3 retries to get it to actually work.

Posted by: egomaniacXFR.7453

egomaniacXFR.7453

I can’t end this mission. Everytime I beat Zhaitans mouth solo, the cutscene with the helicopters begins and in the middle of that cutscene I got thrown out to char select (disconnect error Code=7:11:3:191:101). Tried it for 3-4 times but nothing.
I played from beta until Halloween 2012 and now 5 years later I can’t even end the campaign. So disappointing.

Posted by: Kastos.7562

Kastos.7562

I can’t end this mission. Everytime I beat Zhaitans mouth solo, the cutscene with the helicopters begins and in the middle of that cutscene I got thrown out to char select (disconnect error Code=7:11:3:191:101). Tried it for 3-4 times but nothing.
I played from beta until Halloween 2012 and now 5 years later I can’t even end the campaign. So disappointing.

I’m having the same issue when doing “Victory or Death” solo: disconnect error after defeating Mouth of Zhaitan.